New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

No, hectic couple of days on my part. Every time I've gone to post, I've been interrupted and unable to get back. Getting back to my IC post now.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

alright, i suggest we let orla try a security roll

if that doesnt work, we'll boost marcella inside

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's Electronically Sealed, so I think Marc could use "Weapons Jinx" minor power on it. That'd shut the electronic seal off and open the door. However, Marc isn't tech-good, so she just see's a keypad.

Orla could pick the lock, I think Milo might be able to help her out with his Tech-use skill.

Alternatively...if the garage is open topped, we could scramble someone over the top of it. Someone with Climb or marc could use Wall Walk minor power, and open the door from the inside. But we have no guarantee that there wouldn't just be a keypad on the inside too, so we'd be back to square one and with a split party.

Breaking the plexiglass is tempting, but with no means to suppress the noise it'd make, not ideal.

Someone could also go back and steal one of the purses next to one of the women sleeping by the pool. That'd probably have an ID/swipe card too.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

These dice are just horrible to you Haval lol, like for real. I thought I had bad luck last year.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Bennosuke:

If Orla fails her Security roll (you might give her a +10 bonus from Milo helping or easy/basic lock etc), Marc'll cast 'Weapon Jinx'. It says 'scramble circuitry' and 'all mechanical devices' in its description (electrical and mechanical engineers reading this are going nuts atm) so it's your call if dysregulating the electronic lock makes it reset or turn off long enough that it can be opened:

Spoiler
    Show

Weapon Jinx
    You reach into nearby machines with your mind to scramble their circuitry. All mechanical devices within range cease to function for 1 Round. In addition you may Test Willpower to force a single weapon within range to jam. The jammed weapon can be cleared as normal. Note that the Adeptus Mechanicus are especially loathing of this kind of ability and tend to take a very dim view of Pyskers that employ it.

Rolling psyke test: (1d100)[78] vs TN 80

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Well it was close. And a 51 rerolled to a 51 would have been funnier.

Maybe she gets it open but it takes longer.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's my hope.

Wha'cha say Benny, feeling generous ?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

@bennosuke

can milo assist with tech-use?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Wow, bad luck on Haval's part. Using weapon Jinx makes sense though it causes all electronics to faulter in a distance of 50 meters for a turn... so not the most subtle power either. I think I'll just give it to you, though for example the key coded lock to my new house stays locked when the power is out, rather than spontaneously unlocking. Was even considering rolling a 50/50 chance dice for it, but what the heck.

Maybe a multikey should be an upcoming purchase for Orla, or anyone else planning security tests...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Are we able to walk out of the garage? Might be wise to avoid adding Grand Theft Auto to our list of charges. (stealing some rich d-bags car would be a quick way to attract the arbite's, I reckon lol)

Or is this a 'only cars can leave' type of place?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-10 at 08:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Should be able to walk out though, a group of red robed guilders walking around the security barrier may benefit from some attempted stealth
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Nice. Also helps because no one can drive lol.

Also, the robes are red? Interesting. For some reason I'd always pictured in my head our group dressed like thing like this in the Credit Guilder coats.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Nice. Also helps because no one can drive lol.
    Orla can for the record. I have no preference here.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh, sweet, didn't see that!

I'm fine either way, as there's pro's and con's to either option, so I'll go with what the others prefer.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Our great leader has spoken lol.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Also, the robes are red? Interesting. For some reason I'd always pictured in my head our group dressed like thing like this in the Credit Guilder coats.
    Lol, the cloaks are described as yellow-gold and red.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If we go through the backstreets to Drimmles, I'll just throw out another awareness roll just in case: (1d100)[16] vs TN 43.

If it's there I guess she sees it. Nothing gets by this girl lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-13 at 09:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

milo will try a scrutiny on the lock, as hes actually trained in it

(1d100)[59]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

While waiting in the tunnel, Marc will cast Mind Scan: (1d100)[58] vs TN 90.

3 successes: the Psyker knows the number, general location and 'strength' of minds within range (1km), and may establish telepathic communication with any minds they have sensed in range.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-14 at 05:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry for going AWOL. Been busy running a planning session at work for a couple of days. Will catch up tomorrow and post something.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Sorry for going AWOL. Been busy running a planning session at work for a couple of days. Will catch up tomorrow and post something.
    No worries man. You all know I know how that goes. Hope it's nothing too stressful or taxing. IC post coming now.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While waiting in the tunnel, Marc will cast Mind Scan: [roll0] vs TN 90.

3 successes: the Psyker knows the number, general location and 'strength' of minds within range (1km), and may establish telepathic communication with any minds they have sensed in range.

Please clarify, as that's neither Sense presence pg 167, nor Mind Scan 179. It seems more like Sense Presence, but the perimeter is 50 meters +10 for levels of overbleed. Last I checked a Kilometer is a thousand meters, making that unlikely, and Mind Scan is when you read someones thoughts but have to be touching them, like with Serelia in the last scene.

Also, please don't forget to clarify what level of psychic power you are using .
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Please clarify, as that's neither Sense presence pg 167, nor Mind Scan 179. It seems more like Sense Presence, but the perimeter is 50 meters +10 for levels of overbleed. Last I checked a Kilometer is a thousand meters, making that unlikely, and Mind Scan is when you read someones thoughts but have to be touching them, like with Serelia in the last scene.

Also, please don't forget to clarify what level of psychic power you are using .
    Ahh sorry mate, it's the new one that she picked up recently.

And apologies, she's using unfettered.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Could you give me the page number?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sure, page 164 of Rogue Trader core.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Poor Marcella. Such expectations placed upon her trim shoulders. Her name should be Swiss Army Knife lol.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Well if Deus Ex has taught me anything there's probably another way in.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Poor Marcella. Such expectations placed upon her trim shoulders. Her name should be Swiss Army Knife lol.
    Then she shouldn't be metagaming so hard and picking powers useful for infiltration and/or interrogation.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Then she shouldn't be metagaming so hard and picking powers useful for infiltration and/or interrogation.
    She went from useless to really useful!

@Bennosuke: what's Drimmles general location in the manse? And was there anyone on the other side of the door in the security room?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The power only allows the psyker to know the general location. He's in the manse, somewhere on the first floor, but she doesn't know what room or anything like that. There is no one immediately on the other side of the door.
    Show