New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Boruto Two Blue Vortex (Unmarked Spoilers for Part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Chpter 3 is out on th eVis website which is... Odd. It feels like it's a day or two early.

Spoiler
    Show
    Boruto's new technique takes in chakra from the planet and infuses it into the target where it will keep swirling and inflicting damage until they die using the principles of planetary rotation. It also seems to be throwing off Code's balance.

He claims that the death is slow, but he can rescind it.

Bort does not **** around.

The people who got eaten by the Claw Grimes are still alive inside those trees, and Boruto seems to have a contract with the Toads which is... Odd.
    So Speculation

Spoiler: Mento Figures
    Show

Boruto teacher is not Sasuke, an uchiha
    instead it is Koji Kashin, a Sanin clone
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Chpter 3 is out on th eVis website which is... Odd. It feels like it's a day or two early.

Spoiler
    Show
    Boruto's new technique takes in chakra from the planet and infuses it into the target where it will keep swirling and inflicting damage until they die using the principles of planetary rotation. It also seems to be throwing off Code's balance.

He claims that the death is slow, but he can rescind it.

Bort does not **** around.

The people who got eaten by the Claw Grimes are still alive inside those trees, and Boruto seems to have a contract with the Toads which is... Odd.
    Boruto has become a Jojo today, it seems...

Spoiler
    Show
    "I hit you with a power that makes you feel the rotation of the planet, so you will never be able to move properly again" is a hell of a Stand ability.

And, also, all things being equal: I HAVE MADE YOU SEMI PERMANENTLY DIZZY... SEMI ONLY BECAUSE YOU'LL DIE SOON, is an incredible taunt.

Boruto becoming toad-friend isn't THAT weird, honestly? Though it must have taken some convincing them that he's not evil...

While I do think a lot of this is very very dumb, it's entertainingly dumb. I adore Boruto's new power being, effectively, a stab to the inner ear that breaks your center of balance and motor control centers forever, or until he removes the jutsu curse. That's actually kinda hard!

3. - Top - End - #63

The chapter's out!
    Spoiler
    Show
    First and foremost thing of note... Bort knows Flying Raijin, though admittedly he's not very good at it, and uses it to follow Code.

...I seriously doubt that's just been left around somewhere on a scroll, so how did he learn?

Also, the Claw Grimes are becoming self-aware of miniature God-Trees due to whatever Code did to enhance them and Sasuke was apparently tuned into a tree by one of the Claw Grimes. Boruto seems to be working with Kashin Koji.

One of the Claw Grimes resembles Bug and was confused for him by Code, and another Resembles Sasuke, suggesting a direct relationship between someone getting turned into a tree and the birth of one of these evolved Claw Grime/Self aware God Trees.

Also, Kawaki's planning to kill himself after he kills Bort.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #64

The chapter's out!
    Spoiler
    Show
    First and foremost thing of note... Bort knows Flying Raijin, though admittedly he's not very good at it, and uses it to follow Code.

...I seriously doubt that's just been left around somewhere on a scroll, so how did he learn?

Also, the Claw Grimes are becoming self-aware of miniature God-Trees due to whatever Code did to enhance them and Sasuke was apparently tuned into a tree by one of the Claw Grimes. Boruto seems to be working with Kashin Koji.

One of the Claw Grimes resembles Bug and was confused for him by Code, and another Resembles Sasuke, suggesting a direct relationship between someone getting turned into a tree and the birth of one of these evolved Claw Grime/Self aware God Trees.

Also, Kawaki's planning to kill himself after he kills Bort.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one that resembles Sasuke also did some Chidori stuff, so the connection is pretty blatant... which raises the question of, is the random ninja dude that got ate the leader of this rag tag group of leather-and-spike clowns?

Because genuinely, they have some of the worst designs I've seen yet... which is impressive, given Boruto's time skip designs. That being said, I think this is a compelling plot! Sapient divine trees seemingly spawned off the memories of ninjas their Claw Grime forms ate. They're so baffled and curious about the things sapience and sentient gives them that they didn't even bother to hunt down and eat Boruto when he was right in front of them, because of how good these sensations are.

This is, flatly, another villain that realistically we might be able to just, talk down? Like Aida, there's no reason we have to fight- we've got an endless supply of Zetsu snacks in Orochimaru's house, you don't NEED to eat Boruto. But this on top of Aida might make the other villains (Code, an idiot, and Kawaki, a Girl Genius brained threat) seem all the more unreasonable and kinda stupid.

That said, I think this is a decent chapter of Boruto, and I'm curious to see where these circus freaks will end up going.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one that resembles Sasuke also did some Chidori stuff, so the connection is pretty blatant... which raises the question of, is the random ninja dude that got ate the leader of this rag tag group of leather-and-spike clowns?

Because genuinely, they have some of the worst designs I've seen yet... which is impressive, given Boruto's time skip designs. That being said, I think this is a compelling plot! Sapient divine trees seemingly spawned off the memories of ninjas their Claw Grime forms ate. They're so baffled and curious about the things sapience and sentient gives them that they didn't even bother to hunt down and eat Boruto when he was right in front of them, because of how good these sensations are.

This is, flatly, another villain that realistically we might be able to just, talk down? Like Aida, there's no reason we have to fight- we've got an endless supply of Zetsu snacks in Orochimaru's house, you don't NEED to eat Boruto. But this on top of Aida might make the other villains (Code, an idiot, and Kawaki, a Girl Genius brained threat) seem all the more unreasonable and kinda stupid.

That said, I think this is a decent chapter of Boruto, and I'm curious to see where these circus freaks will end up going.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding designs, I kind of think the one who called Code a clown works... if only for the irony that she herself kind of looks like a clown.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #66

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding designs, I kind of think the one who called Code a clown works... if only for the irony that she herself kind of looks like a clown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's the best design of them, yeah. This has been a good year for clowns.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh at new chapter

8. - Top - End - #68

Something I saw pointed out, and thn just spent some time doublechecking
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Feminine Divine Tree... The one that's basically a clown... Her Clawmakr "hair" is in the same general shape as Moegi's, her face kind of looks like Moegi's, and she uses one of Moegi's techniques.

Moegi has not been seen since the time skip ended and multiple Leaf Ninja were bitten by Claw Grimes.

This is a little concerning given the raw power they possess compared to their "donors"—the Bug Claw Grime being a reasonable threat to Bort when the original al Bug's only really threatening attitude was that he had a gun for example... Apply that to a Jonin...

...And also because the fourth collected Volume of Boruto has a profile on Meogi that states that she's capable of using Wood Release.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

I am annoyed by this franchise

Spoiler: Vibes not even theory of what we learned so far as themes
    Show

Boruto has become a copy of a copy of a copy as themes

The world treedivine tree is now copying individuals, empty containers who have an identity but no experience that feels their own, instead it is borrowed and curiosity. A disassociated knowledge.

And these world tree doppelgängers have a human as a base and they want to eat an Ōtsutsuki

=====

But this is not a new theme, this copy of a copy of a copy as themes. We got the Great Sanin and he has a clone as a copy.

The Ōtsutsuki work as copies, including a grand rebirth via their code so they do not mind sacrificing each other in their families and the humans are just slaves and food in this great ritual.

Likewise we have Isshiki as bad Thanos dad who had 12 kids, 10 of them died and two that lived with Code and Kawaki as two brothers, two rivals who are stuck in (dozen of religions go here, omitted due to board rules) a grand brotherly conflict where one wants to kill the other and sacrifice their rival in order to rebuild the world. To inherit the patrimony of evil bad daddy.

Likewise we have Naruto as good daddy who adopts Kawaki and now Kawaki has a different form of brotherly rivilary wirh Boruto instead of Code. Hell Kawaki wants to kill Code and kill Code in a certain way that Boruto will be immortal and also lose his ongoing cancer problem for Momoshikai is inside Boruto. Thus we have a triangular Brother Rivalry thing, a Murder Code, to Marry your Bro and now Kawaki will be family.

Except that plan did not happen due to Senrigan girl Eida the one with the eye which means Clairovyance and how she is a wish granter but she is trapped unable to grant herself wishes and she must use another person to grant her the true wish of another and hopefully they will love her back and it is not a codependent mess that neither her as Eida and her lover are truly people with their own boundaries for everything is condependency.

Oh one more copy of a copy of a copy with the whole scientific ninja tools thing and how people can get a quick mastery which is also sloppy mastery for they never integrated the basics and fundamentals into their bodies or their internal but now external techniques via the whole scientific ninja tools. And how there is a cyborg or transformation metaphor for some people put the external ninja tools inside their bodies, and the whole Ōtsutsuki thing is to use a planet as a giant evolution factory that is also a scientific tool and how the divine tree is much like the process of boiling over and thickening all this knowledge, this information, this body into a single container.

Except one special Ōtsutsuki whose name I forgot and I will not look up has abandoned his vessel for he no longer needs it or has obtained spiritual enlightment.

=====

All of these are fine themes as raw components but god it feels like a copy of a copy of a copy with BORUTO being a sequel to Naruto and is thus part of a larger IP franchise but also Boruto being the son of Naruto.

Thus making your current arc Villians, perhaps the forever villians for the remaining time skip or end of the manga just feels like Baudrillard Nonsense with the four orders (1st sacramental order, 2nd order of maleficence aka the reality of masks masquerades clowns and parodies, 3rd order of sorcery the absence of 1st something new, 4th pure simulcra which is its own thing separate from 1 including the hyperreal.)

So these 4 clowns are stuck in step 2 and they will try to eat Boruto like this is Wrath from the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist anime, or they will try to kill their original like Sloth to prove they are unique, thus moving to step 3. Then they are going to realize they are their own person and become something different in appearance compared to 1 as step 4.

Sigh maybe with a different franchise but this feels so empty and exhausted with the Naruto corpus 😩
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2023-11-22 at 11:31 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post

Show

The world treedivine tree is now copying individuals, empty containers who have an identity but no experience that feels their own, instead it is borrowed and curiosity. A disassociated knowledge.

And these world tree doppelgängers have a human as a base and they want to eat an Ōtsutsuki

=====

But this is not a new theme, this copy of a copy of a copy as themes. We got the Great Sanin and he has a clone as a copy.

The Ōtsutsuki work as copies, including a grand rebirth via their code so they do not mind sacrificing each other in their families and the humans are just slaves and food in this great ritual.

Likewise we have Isshiki as bad Thanos dad who had 12 kids, 10 of them died and two that lived with Code and Kawaki as two brothers, two rivals who are stuck in (dozen of religions go here, omitted due to board rules) a grand brotherly conflict where one wants to kill the other and sacrifice their rival in order to rebuild the world. To inherit the patrimony of evil bad daddy.

Likewise we have Naruto as good daddy who adopts Kawaki and now Kawaki has a different form of brotherly rivilary wirh Boruto instead of Code. Hell Kawaki wants to kill Code and kill Code in a certain way that Boruto will be immortal and also lose his ongoing cancer problem for Momoshikai is inside Boruto. Thus we have a triangular Brother Rivalry thing, a Murder Code, to Marry your Bro and now Kawaki will be family.

Except that plan did not happen due to Senrigan girl Eida the one with the eye which means Clairovyance and how she is a wish granter but she is trapped unable to grant herself wishes and she must use another person to grant her the true wish of another and hopefully they will love her back and it is not a codependent mess that (psych word goes here I am skipping over)

Oh one more copy of a copy of a copy with the whole scientific ninja tools thing and how people can get a quick mastery which is also sloppy mastery for they never integrated the basics and fundamentals into their bodies or their internal but now external techniques via the whole scientific ninja tools. And how there is a cyborg or transformation metaphor for some people put the external ninja tools inside their bodies, and the whole Ōtsutsuki thing is to use a planet as a giant evolution factory that is also a scientific tool and how the divine tree is much like the process of boiling over and thickening all this knowledge, this information, this body into a single container.

Except one special Ōtsutsuki whose name I forgot and I will not look up has abandoned his vessel for he no longer needs it or has obtained spiritual enlightment.

=====

All of these are fine themes as raw components but god it feels like a copy of a copy of a copy with BORUTO being a sequel to Naruto and is thus part of a larger IP franchise but also Boruto being the son of Naruto.

Thus making your current arc Villians, perhaps the forever villians for the remaining time skip or end of the manga just feels like Baudrillard Nonsense with the four orders (1st sacramental order, 2nd order of maleficence aka the reality of masks masquerades clowns and parodies, 3rd order of sorcery the absence of 1st something new, 4th pure simulcra which is its own thing separate from 1 including the hyperreal.)

So these 4 clowns are stuck in step 2 and they will try to eat Boruto like this is Wrath from the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist anime, or they will try to kill their original like Sloth to prove they are unique, thus moving to step 3. Then they are going to realize they are their own person and become something different in appearance compared to 1 as step 4.

Sigh maybe with a different franchise but this feels so empty and exhausted with the Naruto corpus 😩
    Don't forget that
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kashin Koji, Boruto's mentor, is a clone of Jiraiya. It's worthless photocopying the whole way down!

11. - Top - End - #71

So a theory I've seen once or twice is that, when the "Sasuke Shinju" is dealt with and the actual Sasuke is freed that it'll result in a bit of a power up for Sasuke.

Kishimoto might be bad at foreshadowing but he does do it and Ssuke's position in the tree is rather notable in that his left half, the side with the missing arm and badly damaged eye, is almost completely within the tree so that we can't see said arm and eye.

The theory speculates that whatever it is that keeps the clawgrime victims alive in the trees will regenerate his arm and eye.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Show

=====

Except that plan did not happen due to Senrigan girl Eida the one with the eye which means Clairovyance and how she is a wish granter but she is trapped unable to grant herself wishes and she must use another person to grant her the true wish of another and hopefully they will love her back and it is not a codependent mess that neither her as Eida and her lover are truly people with their own boundaries for everything is condependency.

=====

Did you just strafe the ninja comic with Baudrillard?

Respect.

13. - Top - End - #73

Spoiler: Chapter 5
    Show
    So the chapter opens with a flashback montage of Sasuke training Bort, commenting on his skill and quick learning and comparing him to Naruto, then one of how Sasuke got clawgrimed.

Then we are back in Konoha in the present and explain confirmation that Moegi was Clawgrimed, and that the Clown Shinju is almost certainly based on Meogi. This is concerning, as we have authorial statements that she somehow has wood release.

The Shinju are connected, biologically one individual, but they each have their own emotions derived from the people that were tunred into trees in order to birth them.

Mowhawk Shinju says that he doesn't know why but he wants to eat Naruto. I've seen some people speculate that Mowhawk Shinju was made from the main body of the Ten-Tails rather than a Clawgrim, and is modeled on Jigen—and by extension Sishiki—due to their chakra being linked when Jigen was siphoning energy from the Ten-Tails. Not sure how much I believe it but this might be evidence in that direction.

Ada is spying on the claw grimes.

Moegi-Shinju then expresses the desire to eat Konohamaru.

Sasuke Shinju is highly introspective, he wants to know what they are.

Bug Clawgrime notices Ada Watching, someone, and says that he wants to eat her.

Sasuke Clawgrime decides he wants to eat Sarada...

Amado basicaly reasoned out that his memories have been tampered with because he sees his handiwork on KAwaki's scientific ninja tools and Kama... But doesn't actually care and sin't going to say anything until he can use the data in Kawaki's kama to revive his daughter.

Apprently Sai was monitoring this conversation, however, and showed it to Shikamaru so maybe...

Sarada and Sumrie conclude the reason most people can't be convinced is because they trust their own memories more than any evidence while Amado, as a scientist, doesn't but Sarada doesn't think that explains her father...

And Boruto turns up to explain what's going on and is hugged by Sarada.

so yeah... This is mostly just a recap/explanation/oh **** chapter.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Needs to be faster with the publishing if you are going to have chapters of no consequence only recaps and science skepticism setting up future story.

15. - Top - End - #75

Something that I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me.

At the end of the most recent chapter, we can see the Hokage Monument off in the distance and Shikamaru's face isn't on it.

...And Shikamaru briefly doubted his memory when Omnipotence first went off.

So uh... What are the ods that Shikamaru knows his memory was tampered with even before Amado revealed that he know his memories were messed with and he's been playing a long con to figure out where Kawaki stashed NAruto and Hinata/doesn't actually believe that Naruto is dead?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

shoot how are those people still alive?
    Spoiler: Age Math
    Show

the advisors who were contemporaries for the third hokage

okay they were genin age 15 to 16 … 40 years prior to Naruto’s Birth
    thus 55 to 56 when Naruto was born and about 69 when Naruto was a genin before the later arcs
    which ended with Naruto being 16 or was it 17 with the war arc and thus they were 72 maybe 73?

And Naruto was 33 at the start of Boruto and 36 with Blue Vortex if Naruto aged so roughly 91 maybe 92 if my math is right.

We need people to retire
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2024-01-18 at 01:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

shoot how are those people still alive?
    Spoiler: Age Math
    Show

the advisors who were contemporaries for the third hokage

okay they were genin age 15 to 16 … 40 years prior to Naruto’s Birth
    thus 55 to 56 when Naruto was born and about 69 when Naruto was a genin before the later arcs which ended with Naruto being 16 or was it 17 with the war arc?

And Naruto was 33 at the start of Boruto and 36 with Blue Vortex if Naruto aged so roughly 91 maybe 92 if my math is right.

We need people to retire
    This is one of the only things that makes sense world-building wise, given how even in the era of peace, the only time any of these crusty old ****s abdicate their position is with a slit throat. It's a hold-over from when these positions usually had a pretty quick turn-over rate.

Also is there a new chapter today? It's not out yet if so.

18. - Top - End - #78

This is one of the only things that makes sense world-building wise, given how even in the era of peace, the only time any of these crusty old ****s abdicate their position is with a slit throat. It's a hold-over from when these positions usually had a pretty quick turn-over rate.

Oh it's worth than that: The Leaf Village Council of Elders isn't an official institution, it's something informal that Hiruzen established when he appointed his friends/teammates his advisors because he didn't believe that he'd always have the right answers. It was an experiment on putting checks on his authority that backfired horribly.

They've been around long enough that both they and the village in general have forgotten that they don't have any actual authority. Most of their screen time in the original series was ****-talking Tsunade to her face and criticizing everything she'd done and, in the end, being Danzo's hype men, and after Tsunade gave them a reality check during Pain's attack they turns around and caused trouble when she was out cold and Danzo was making his move.

We've also seen them in the Bort Anime and they have learned nothing. There were more, younger people on the council but these two are still *****...

Also they, along with Danzo who was also on the council of elders at the time, are personally responsible for the Uchiha Clan not being permitted to help deal with Kurama when Obito attacked the village. The Clan was suited up en mass to go help the Hokage only for the elders to tell them no... This makes them, and Danzo, directly responsible for both Naruto growing up an orphan and a good chunk of the alienation among the Uchiha clan leading to the coup.

They're almost as bad as the Fourth Raikage when it comes to ditching out on Karma as the Fourth Raikage.
    Spoiler: And there is a new chapter today
    Show

So we open up with Shikamaru getting ordered to eliminate Boruto by these two crusty old bastards, and also explicit confirmation that Sikamaru has not officially acceted the title of Eighth Hokage when they order him to do that, too, explaining why his face isn't on the mountain.

We then cut to him in his office being greeted by Ino delivering him some mission logs from years ago... Then she contacts him telepathically after she leaves to ask what the real reason he had her bring those up was. He responds that he needs the sensor corps to not monitor him for a bit.

We then cut to Ada telling Kawaki about the Shinju and how they want to eat people other than Otsutsukis, namely including Naruto, which shocks Kawaki, before adding that one also wants the at her.

Daemon then looks Kawaki in the eyes and points out that if the Shinju show up at the leaf village looking for Naruto that people are going to figure out that Kawaki has been lying this whole time pretty fast. Kawaki runs off without telling them where he's going, telling Eida to just spy on him if she really needs to know, and turns out that Mitsuki is right outside. apprently his official job at this point is to protect Kawaki and Ada... And Kawaki insults him.

Cut to Bort wih Sarada and Sumire. Sarada is thinking "why did I throw myself at him like that" and conversation turns to how all three are happy that the others are okay. Bort has negated his chakra signature but figures tht Kawaki is going to notice him at some point so he can't stay long.

Boruto tells Sarada about what happened to Sasuke, but then Kawaki notices him and while Bort is recapping the Divine Tree stuff Mitsuki contacts Shikamaru and stats that he's going after Boruto... And we can see that Mitsuki knocked Kawaki the **** out in order to do so, stating that Kawaki is unsuited for the task.

Incidentally, bOrt's thoery as to why th eClawgrimes evolved into God Trees is that it has something to do with Code's chakra: He's not an Osutsuki but he does have a Kama inbued with Ishiki's essence and so the chakra he's using o enhance and control the claw grimes might have done the trick.

...And then Shikamaru has Ino connect him, off the records, to Boruto to warn him about Mitsuki's approach so we can safely conclude that Shikamaru knows what's going on by now.

Bort gets wrapped in a snake but escapes with flying Raijin.

Mitsuki is already in sage mode when he confronts Boruto, Sarada tries to defuse the situation but Mitsuki basically says "Bort's a liar now back off because I can't control my own strength" and then fight.

Notable tidbits: Boruto uses Purple Lightning, the reworked Chidori that Kakashi created after losing his Sharingan, to cut through the energy snakes that Mitsuki can generate by channeling it through his sword.

Bort then flees, but no before promising Sarada that he's going to rescue everyone who was absorbed by th eClaw Grimes. He seems to be about to say he's going to rescue his parents, too, but then doesn't.

He then picks up his conversation with Shikamaru, who says that the whole land of fire wants Bort dead but that Shikamaru can support Boruto off the record. Bort tries to turn him down before Shikamaru reveals that he knows that his memories have been altered. When he heard Amado say the same he double-checked records and realized that thins just didn't add up unless he mentally placed Boruto in Kawkaki's place and vice versa.

Bort is beyond Kawaki's range at this point, but then Bort notices a snake on his presence and realizes that he's going to have to fight Mitsuki again, apologizing ahead of time for roughing him up.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Out now https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...wo-blue-vortex

20. - Top - End - #80

Pretty good chapter! But that's solely because
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the explanation of "Code's failed bunny genes is what caused the Ten Tail Creatures to mutate" and because I genuinely really like Mitsuki as a character so him finally getting to... do, anything, is fun!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

you do not let the blood tree have a tasty of cooked bunny and also human

it is very food motivated !

edit: now I want the blood tree doppelgängers to start singing 🎶 perhaps Somewhere that's Greenwet 🌊
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2024-01-18 at 02:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Nw Chaper dropped le'ts goo!
    Spoiler: Chapter 7
    Show
    Naturally we open up with Bort and Mitsuki about to throw hands, but just before that Mitsuki has a brief internal monolog about how Kawaki is his Sun. You know, the kind of stuff he use to do about Bort before Bort and Kawaki's places in everyone's cognition were swapped by Omnipotence.

Confirmation that Mitsuki knocked Kawaki out to come after Boruto, Mitsuki has gone rogue to eliminate Boruto.

The fight doesn't last long however, and eventually Mitsuki powers down as if he wants Boruto to finish him off... Which Boruto refuses.

Instead, Boruto psychonalizes Mitsuki and concludes that Mitsuki has given up on living after "his sun lost its radiance" and pulls at the threads to make Mitsuki aware of the truth of what's going on.

It doesn't quite work, but it does negate the hostility and prompts a conversation by which Boruto reveals to Mitsuki, and by extension Shikamaru and Ino who are still listening in, that Naruto and Hinata are "alive and safe" and tells Mitsuki that "if you need a sun, come find me."

Kawaki waes up and askes Ada to help him find "that bastard Mitsuki" and Boruto explains exactly what happened to Shikamaru... But then points out that Shikamaru won't remember the explanation of Omnipotence and that this isn't even the first time he's learned of it: Part of how it works is that the people affected by it don't remember it exists, so basically Shikamaru just has to take it on faith that Boruto and Kawaki have switched places without any proof or knowledge of how... Though the fact Shikamaru figured out the switch on his own apparently means he'll keep that.

Boruto doesn't know any way to reverse it, given that the new memories are "real" memories, and doesn't consider it a priority since it won't actually resolve his conflict with Kawaki. Bort and Shiamaru then talk over how they want to progress and it's mostly "don't back Kawaki into a corner." Bort doesn't want to kill Kawaki and doesn't feel like rescuing Naruto will amount to anything unless he convinces Kawaki to do it himself, so for now Bort is continuing to play the role of a fugitive.

The chapter ends with the Leader of th eShinju reading a book, commenting that the more he learns about the world the more ignorant he feels himself to be, stating how fascinating he finds that phenomenon, and then declares to the Sasuke Shinju that he wishes to pay a visit to Uzumaki Naruto.

so yeah, in this chapter Talk No Jutsu manifests as actual Talking.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

we need to change the art designs for one of these two characters. No color to hair, similar hair style, both wearing black cloaks. There is a reason why one color codes characters.

24. - Top - End - #84

Thoughts on Chapter 7

Spoiler
    Show
    I do not believe for even a second Boruto is, as a person, wise enough to acknowledge Mitsuki's sun and moon styled crush on him. Did they ever interact at any point during this series up to this point? I know there's supposed to be some acceptance of "yeah these two are on the same team they're probably friends" but I'd like that shown a bit more than Mitsuki suddenly obsessing over Boruto/Kawaki and Boruto somehow, reading this entire mentality without any effort.

That aside, I do like the chapter... though it is a little silly that Omniscience works the way it does.

25. - Top - End - #85

Spoiler
    Show
    Mtsuki's comment that Kawaki doesn't stand a chance against Boruto is interesting, since it implies that Kawaki hasn't been training in the last three years.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #86

Spoiler: Chapter 8
    Show
    So weopen up with awaki, Ada, Daemon, and Delta with Aida spying on Mitsuki and commenting on how cool Boruto is. Kawaki wants Ada to track down Mitsuki so they can use him to find Bort before he gets away, and Delta is pissed off by how rude Kawaki is to Ada.

Delta says that she's going to kill Kawaki the second Ada doesn't like him anymore, Kawaki reiterates his plan to commit suicide once he's killed all other Otsutsukis.

Cut to Bort talking to Shikamaru, still. Bort is filling him in on the Shinju situation and evolving clawgrimes, but specifies that they aren't complete divine trees yet, not until they eat an Otsutsuki so the world isn't doomed just yet. As they're speaking, a clawgrime is seens running about. Boruto doens't know exactly why the Shinju are keeping their templates alive and Shikamaru catches on that Bort doesn't actually know all that much.

Then Shikamru gets a call from the sensory unit patching Kawaki through with Kawaki's pursuit of Boruto and ends the call.

Kawaki tracks Bort, but Bort's already long gone. Cut to Mitsuki walking up on Eida and Daemon and talking, Mitsuki is pretty clearly still having doubts about his relationship with Kawaki.... Notably, he says he loves Kawaki but doesn't know why... and compares it directly to the love induced by Ada's ability so um... Yeah. Mitsuki's into dudes.

It ain't gonna go nowhere since Kawaki is an anti-social jackass and Bort, the person Mitsuki really has those feelings for sans mind ****ery, is transparently into Sarada and vice versa, but still.

Brief flash of the Claw Grime from earlier, and cut to the Shinju. Leader Shinju projects himself through the claw marks of that Clawgrime and after seeing that they're outside the lead village begs the Sasuke Shinju to join him.

They literally walk in through the front gate, which has apprently been wide open this whole time, and Sasuke Shinju's chakra signature is a match for SSasuke's and Sarada overhears that.

Ada contacts Shikamaru and apolotiges for not telling him about the Shinju earlier while LEader Shinju kills a ****load of Leaf Ninja who confronted them.

Leader shinju then gets side-tracked by book shop while Sasuke Shinju just keeps asking where Naruto is. Leader Shinju even flat out says that hes' amused by Sasuke Shinju asking that with a straight face in the bookshop. Backtracking a bit, Leader Shunju seems to be able to sense that Naruto is somewhere in the LEaf but doesn't know where.

Kawaki attacks the two Shinju with Delta following behind, tries to interrogate them, and then gets pinned in place with wood release by leader Shinju, who chastises him for attacking them in front of a bookshop and risking the rare books inside.

Leader Shinju proceeds to kick Kawaki's ass when he uses his dojutsu to escape, then senses Naruto... And then clarifies that he can sense NAruto because Naruto is a jinchuruki and LEader Shinju is also an incarnation of a Biju... Which implies that he was made from the whole ten-tails rather than a claw grime like the others.

Cut to Sarada and team 8 and Himawari rushing off to confront the intruders independently.

...And it turns out that Leader Shinju was actually sensing Himawari, implying that she somehow has enough tailed-beast chakra to be mistaken as a jinchuriki.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #87

Uh oh sisters, I actually really liked this chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Mitsuki and Aida's girl talk was probably some of the best character writing this series has had in a long time, and the outright admission that Mitsuki now realizes he loves Boruto Kawaki is honestly incredible. I would never hate on my girl Sarada but I hope she loses in this exact one instance because I love snakes. Aida realizing what a genuine love might be because Boruto's actions are making him... cool? Somehow? Is also incredible- Aida wanted to experience a real romance, but she was so focused on Forcing one with Kawaki that she never really got what she wanted, even with his immunity to her powers. But to have it sneak up on her, suddenly? That's fun.

Then, the ludicrous, overly designed villains sloomph off to Konoha... and immediately get distracted by a book shop because the fact that they're not actually people mean they act FAR more like people than one would imagine, even with their weird ****ing root-hooves. And the implication that Himiwara has a baby fox inside of her, that she might actually be Important and Relevant as a character- after ten thousand years? That's genuinely, dangerously, compelling.

This is flatly the best chapter of Boruto we've had in awhile, and I'm excited- actually, tangibly, non-ironically excited- about what'll happen next. I still have my problems with it but in this aspect at the very least, they're somehow hitting a thread I think matters.

Time will tell how this plays out but lets hope it's not something bum-**** stupid like "Kawaki shrunk the pot Naruto and Hinata are locked in so small he can hide it on Himiwara's head" or something.

28. - Top - End - #88

Uh oh sisters, I actually really liked this chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Mitsuki and Aida's girl talk was probably some of the best character writing this series has had in a long time, and the outright admission that Mitsuki now realizes he loves Boruto Kawaki is honestly incredible. I would never hate on my girl Sarada but I hope she loses in this exact one instance because I love snakes. Aida realizing what a genuine love might be because Boruto's actions are making him... cool? Somehow? Is also incredible- Aida wanted to experience a real romance, but she was so focused on Forcing one with Kawaki that she never really got what she wanted, even with his immunity to her powers. But to have it sneak up on her, suddenly? That's fun.

Then, the ludicrous, overly designed villains sloomph off to Konoha... and immediately get distracted by a book shop because the fact that they're not actually people mean they act FAR more like people than one would imagine, even with their weird ****ing root-hooves. And the implication that Himiwara has a baby fox inside of her, that she might actually be Important and Relevant as a character- after ten thousand years? That's genuinely, dangerously, compelling.

This is flatly the best chapter of Boruto we've had in awhile, and I'm excited- actually, tangibly, non-ironically excited- about what'll happen next. I still have my problems with it but in this aspect at the very least, they're somehow hitting a thread I think matters.

Time will tell how this plays out but lets hope it's not something bum-**** stupid like "Kawaki shrunk the pot Naruto and Hinata are locked in so small he can hide it on Himiwara's head" or something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naruto and Hinata are in the Daikokuten, Ishiki's pocket dimension. This is notable because Isshiki wasn't able to store living beings there but Kawaki can, implying that even with his dojutsu underdeveloped that he's already more powerful than Isshiki.

So whatever is making Leader Shinju detect Himawari as a jinchuriki is just Himawari. Probably whatever it was that made Daemon decide that she was the only one who oculd give him a good fight...

I've previously pointed out how Naruto and Hinata between them should be able to recreate Kaguya's chakra and that chakra is demonstrably heritable. I've speculated that this is why bort is so much more talented that his parents and possibly where he got the Jogan from... And that I speculated that if Boruto is going to inherit Ishiki's power—his Jogan being in the same eye as Shibai's and Shibai's data being almost certainly part of the chakra fruit that Kaguya ate—that Himawari might be a more direct recreation of Kaguya's power. I cited how her hair cut only makes sense, ofr someone who seriously wants to be a ninja, if she has a practical reason for i to be so long and cited Kaguya's hair needle attack and I'll have to double check but her Byakugan is more like an Otsutsukis in how it looks and manifests than a Hyuga's.

Given that Kaguya basically was the Ten-Tails, if true this would explain why Leader shinju, an incarnation of another ten-tails, would be attracted to he rlocation based on similar chakra patterns.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #89

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Kurama: "I lived, bitch!"

Okay, meme out of the way, we find out that Jura was tracking NAruto tracking Kurama's chakra signature specifically and is honestly confused about why Himawari has it and decides that he'll find out by eating her, leading to Team 10 to play keep away to protect her.

Meanwhile Boruto comes back to Leaf to stop the Shinju only to get interrupted by Kawaki, who attacks him. Bort completely bodies Kawaki and asks if he's trained at all during the time skip, only for resonance to cause his Kama to activate against his will forcing hi to flee before he "loses control" suggesting that Momoshiki is still an issue.

Himawari tells Team 10 to leave her to escape on her own, out of concern for her safety, but then gets pulled into her inner world where she meets a little mini Kurama.

So... somehow Kurama's back and Himawari is his new Jinchuriki.

..Which means that she is gonna be doing ****.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #90

Spoiler
    Show
    Babby fox very cute. I hope he's not just like, Kurama but tiny, but is actually a newly formed Nine-Tailed Fox, cause that's way more interesting to me.

If Himiwara actually gets to contribute to the plot I will genuinely applaud. This does seem like it's building up to that happening! But we will see!