New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds 3

I’ve been away a bit, and I’m so glad to see this still going strong!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klorox View Post
    I’ve been away a bit, and I’m so glad to see this still going strong!
    If it dies off again I'll be happy to revive it Especially once the 2024 classes come out!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Do you plan on making/updating builds for One DnD? I've really enjoyed your builds since I'm not one for theorycrafting. I really liked the celestial giftlock in particular, though I'm not sure how well it translates over since Disciple of Life is locked behind cleric's third level

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ediarai View Post
    Do you plan on making/updating builds for One DnD?
    Maybe! Depends whether I like the final product, and how much time I have to make such posts.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2023-12-26 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I've heard my dm friend say that one dnd is what 5e was supposed to be. I definitely think there are a lot of good ideas, but it kinda sucks to leave behind a ton of the subclasses and other things that have been added to 5e over time. One dnd will take a while to reach that breadth of content

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

But I do love everything you make, so if you ever have the time and interest I'd love to see what builds you come up with!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Am I crazy? Did I miss a An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds 2 thread at some point? When did we get to 3?
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

8. - Top - End - #38
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Am I crazy? Did I miss a An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds 2 thread at some point? When did we get to 3?
    Mine was the second one, but Ludic created #3 to preserve/update the first thread's index.

Quote Originally Posted by Ediarai View Post
    Do you plan on making/updating builds for One DnD? I've really enjoyed your builds since I'm not one for theorycrafting. I really liked the celestial giftlock in particular, though I'm not sure how well it translates over since Disciple of Life is locked behind cleric's third level
    Whether or not Ludic does so, I definitely will be, and I don't think I'll be alone. (Besides, anybody can make build threads! If you have some fun ideas after One drops, go for it.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2023-12-27 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Mine was the second one, but Ludic created #3 to preserve/update the first thread's index.
    That, and there's a BG3 one--not that I think it's a part of the numbering scheme, but if it was this'd be #4 :)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

My friends and I all played Gnome Barbarian (wolf totem)/Rogues.

One of us would rage and climb onto a bigger creature and the rest would stab said creature with advantage sneak attack.

We were the Underpants Gnomes Gang

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds (Volume 2!)

Quote Originally Posted by LudicSavant View Post
    Ludic's Builds

Build 17: The Celestial Giftlock (aka the Ever-Living Generalist)
    A powerhouse generalist using Pact of the Chain. First and foremost a top shelf healer, but also a boss-shredder, AoE blaster, controller, kiter, tank, scout, etc.
    How important are the Life Cleric level and the Mark of Healing for this build? I am planning to play a Celestial Warlock, but would probably go for a level of Peace Cleric and the Mark of Hospitaliy for RP reasons.

And I would also switch out Summon Greater Demon since it isn't fitting the character. Which of the other Summon Spells could replace it? Maybe Undead or Fey?

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Hastur View Post
    How important are the Life Cleric level and the Mark of Healing for this build? I am planning to play a Celestial Warlock, but would probably go for a level of Peace Cleric and the Mark of Hospitaliy for RP reasons.

And I would also switch out Summon Greater Demon since it isn't fitting the character. Which of the other Summon Spells could replace it? Maybe Undead or Fey?
    Peace + Mark of Hospitality sounds like it'd work fine. Less healing obviously, but Peace 1 is an incredibly strong dip in its own right.

As for picking up a new spell, all of the Tasha's summons on the Warlock spell list are fairly solid choices, but one that offers a ranged attack (like Summon Aberration or Summon Undead) would probably be my first recommendation for this build. But you could also lock down with Shadowspawn or throw Fey at people (though watch out for BPS resistance with the fey. Only a little of their damage is Force, and their attacks may not be considered magical). Feel free to go with the one that you feel fits your character.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2024-02-06 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Any chance you could add classes to the builds? That way it'd be easy to find specific builds

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LudicSavant View Post
    Peace + Mark of Hospitality sounds like it'd work fine. Less healing obviously, but Peace 1 is an incredibly strong dip in its own right.

As for picking up a new spell, all of the Tasha's summons on the Warlock spell list are fairly solid choices, but one that offers a ranged attack (like Summon Aberration or Summon Undead) would probably be my first recommendation for this build. But you could also lock down with Shadowspawn or throw Fey at people (though watch out for BPS resistance with the fey. Only a little of their damage is Force, and their attacks may not be considered magical). Feel free to go with the one that you feel fits your character.
    What about Order Cleric? For Voice of Authority? I've always wanted a general/commander style character and what better way than making allies feel better by making them attack. I think a utility/healer style commander could be really interesting to build for?

15. - Top - End - #45

Gah, I thought I was retired from 5e theorycrafting, but someone on Reddit asked for my ideal Party of Three composition and now I'm back to this thread scrolling for ideas...
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.