Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Drk Crimson Throne IC part 2

Winifred 14/14 FP2/3

Winifred nods her appreciation, still not entirely happy about talking

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Only one way out of here, unless we want to wade through that again," Cassian whispered, pointing first to the cramped exit to the north east, and then the stream of waste running through the cave.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

There is a brief pause as the party patch Winifred's wound, everyone else feeling relieved at their lucky escape (or training in battling some hapless accursed beggars). Cieranoth stands near the exits to the cavern keeping his pointed ears tuned to danger, to the more northern cavern (C5) he can hear the sounds of squeaking and claws on stone. Not coming closer, just moving in general in that cave. From the cave to east (C3) there is no sounds other than a faint hissing and crackling of a low fire and a faint glow emanating from there competing with the purplish light of some of phospheresecnt moss.

From deeper in the complex though there is a faint and angry sounding sharp, a rasping voice shouting, "What... what did you say Edgar you idiot".
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred waits for someone, probably Cieranoth, maybe Cassian to decide where to go next and strains to try to hear more of the conversation

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

(1d100)[17] Perception 61

(1d100)[7] Sixth Sense 46 for any hunch

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hearing something further in the sewer system, Ciraneoth moved slowly and stealthy towards the sound of the conversation. That meant moving back through the sewer, but by this time that wouldn't matter much. His boots were quite dirty already and would need a very good cleaning.

Show

move slowly towards C3.

perception: (1d100)[93] vs 64 (74 visual)
    silent move: (1d100)[86] vs 56

Last edited by farothel; 2024-02-03 at 07:22 AM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Creeping forward Cieranoth squeezes between the rocky walls and pillars heading into the next chamber, its a filthy space with rats scurrying here and there amidst the detritus stolen from the streets above but left to rot. However what startles him is the pair of massive dog sized rats that both squeak in rage as he enters the chamber as they sit atop a broken down wooden chair arranged like a throne in a king's palace hall. As they squeak the shdows twitch as a curtain opens a heavy set rat man in an armoured shirt can be seen. he sniffs the air, a true snarl on his face... "Elf thing... I hate you all. you have come to Grazt lair, here I am the ruler not your pathetic queen..."

The chamber is 12 yards across to the far side where the rat king and 2 dire rats are.
    Roll your initiative - enemies are on "8". if ou roll higher than you can post
    Assume the other members of the party are at least 13 yards away as they need to come into the room

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

At the noise of talking Andrei will quickly follow Cieranoth into the room. 'Wait.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Full Action - Run up to 24 yards to catch up

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

At Andrie’s shout the rat man holds for a second although his rats begin to flank out to the sides, little claws skittering on the wet stone floor. The rat man sniffs the air, hefting the blade in his hand. “How did you find my nest? Who sent you down here, you working for the blue coats?” it asks (the blue coats probably a reference to the City Guard’s blue surcoats)

Its tail whips around angrily as it stares at you with its beast eyes. “You go now, even if you hit me I bite and then you are like me.” he threatens

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei is mostly unfazed at the sight of the wererats, but will stay close to whichever of his allies is in the room. 'I'm a wizard, so finding your nest wasn't that hard.' He'll avoid mentioning the woman they had spoken to in the marketplace. 'If we leave the city will only send someone else down here. At the very least it'll be an inconvenience for you to deal with, so I'd say we might as well try to talk first.' He's fully prepared for them to attack him anyway. 'I heard your recent agressiveness was due to an incident with the City Guard. Perhaps you'd like to talk about it?'

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ciraneoth let Andrei talk, as a diplomatic solution would probably be better. But he does stand ready to attack, should the creature in front of them show any hostile move.
    "And the next delegation from the top might be a group of grey maidens," he added, "and they will probably be very annoyed at having to make their shiny uniforms dirty and react appropriately."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Cassian pushes in behind Andrei and Ciraneoth, somewhat bemused at the sudden parley, but he keeps his peace. Glancing over at Winifred, he whispers "Keep an eye out behind us!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Winifred arrives late, bemused that talking has broken out, but covers the rear in case someone comes behind them

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

The rat pauses, cleaver like blade in held as it sniffs the air suspiciously. "You not blue coats?" is barks, then a sly smile spreads over its face. "Who you speak for? He doesn't come any closer and the rats continue to sit on their haunches chewing on fragments of 'something'. The rat man looks to Cassian and Andrei - "you kill my pack, my friends. why we not eat you to feed my kin?"

Some Fel related checks would be helpful here

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

'No, we're more freelancers.' Andrei doesn't look particularly worried at the idea they might be attacked again. 'We work directly for the Marshal, who would really like any attacks on the surface to stop. Frankly I don't think killing everyone down here is much of a solution even if we could manage it, so I was wondering if we could try being diplomatic first.' On the dead, 'I am sorry about your friends, but they attacked us first and were a little less restrained then you are. I'm sure you can understand the need to fight back in self defence.'

Show

Charm vs. Fel 50
    (1d100)[82]
    FP if needed
    (1d100)[98]

Uggghhhhh

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

The ratman hisses as Andrei callously speaks of his dead "brothers", a hissed, "You are no different to the surface folk... you kill my nest brothers." He snarls angrily and squeaks and him and the pair of rats leap forward into the attack! The three move in a hunched legs, bestial and fast...

Initiative roll (1d10+5)[7]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Seeing the charge, Ciraneoth shot at one of the giant rats, leaving the big guy for his companions for now as he knew that his arrows had only so much strength and the guy would most likely be like the previous ones, you shoot them and they heal back up.

Spoiler: OOC Rolls
    Show

initiative: (1d10+5)[15]

If more than 7
    attack 1 on giant rat closest to me: (1d100)[37] vs 71 for damage: (1d10+3)[12]
    attack 2 on giant rat closest to me (unless shot 1 killed it, then the other one): (1d100)[51] vs 71 for damage: (1d10+3)[9]
    Last edited by farothel; 2024-02-20 at 04:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Seeing the rats charge forward, Cassian rushes to intercept the were-rat to stop him from reaching his companions.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Charge attack w/ magic silver-plated hand axe (1d100)[98] vs. 67 (WS 52, GC axe +5, Charge +10)
    Damage (1d10+4)[7]

Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[49]
    (1d10)[1]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Despite expecting this to kick off, Winifred is still caught out when it does, being too focused on Cassian's request

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Well it was worth a try. Andrei will put a magic dart into the nearest rat.

Show

Initiative 7 (Ag is 53 for ties)

Channeling test vs. Wp 51 (+20)
    (1d100)[59]

Magic Dart 6+ or 5+ for Channeling
    (1d10)[9]

Any damage
    (1d10+3)[5]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

TH fight begins badly, Cieranoth launches an arrow into the first of the massive rats pinning it to the wall. The second arrow plunges into the other rat before the magical dart envelops the rat and burns it ash in a blaze of azyr. Cassian strides forward and swings hard as the rat men easily bats away th attack before lunging forward slashing twice with the crooked blade at Cassian slashing across the noble's face and arm.

Full attack
    (1d100)[10] TN 49 dam (1d10+3)[9] - Fast so -5 to dodge or parry
    (1d100)[35] TN 49 dam (1d10+3)[10] - Fast so -5 to dodge or parry

Dodge Next attack (1d100)[71] TN 52
    Last edited by DrK; 2024-02-26 at 03:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

R1 Winifred 14/14 FP2/3

Winifred draws steel and steps up next to Cassian

Show

Half Action: Ready
    Half Action: Move

(1d100)[2] Dodge 47

End of R1 back to the others

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Grazt's first blow glances off Cassian's helmet, but he's too slow to parry the second and ends up with a gash on his left arm. Gritting his teeth, he counterattacks fiercely.

Show
    Full action: Swift attack w/ magic hand axe (1d100)[32], (1d100)[29] vs. 67 (WS 52, GC axe +5, Outnumbering bonus +10)
    Damage (1d10+4)[7], (1d10+4)[11]

(1d100)[43], (1d100)[55]
    (1d10)[3], (1d10)[1]

Wounds remaining: 10/13

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

With the two rats out of the fight and the ratman in melee, Ciraneoth drew one of his silvered arrows and after taking careful aim, shot it at the ratman.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

half action: aim
    half-action: shoot with silvered arrow: (1d100)[68] vs 61 (66+ 5 best weapon + 10 aim -20 melee) for damage: (1d10+3)[6]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei will pause to try and yank the weapon out of the wererat's hands.

Show

Initiative 7 (Ag 53)

Half Action - Channel
    Half Action - Drop

(1d100)[19]

Drop 4+ or 3+ for Channeling
    (1d10)[2]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

The rat men spins in a flurry of blows cleaving into Cassian, blade cutting through the chain links into the young noble. Winifred returns to stand by Cassian and in the melee Ciearanoth's arrow flicks past into the walls and although Andrei summons the skeins of aethyr they are weak and cannot form the strands of his magic. The ratman hisses though as Cassian's axe whirls chopping into leg and arm in quick successions! Hissing he snarls, "I feed you to nest big man..." before he lashes out with sword at both Winifred and Cassian although the young would be duelist (Winifred nimbly steps back out of the way)

Full attack
    vs Cassian (1d100)[2] TN 49 dam (1d10+3)[11] - Fast so -5 to dodge or parry
    Vs Winifred (1d100)[55] TN 49 dam (1d10+3)[5] - Fast so -5 to dodge or parry

Dodge Next attack (1d100)[73] TN 52
    Last edited by DrK; 2024-03-03 at 10:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"We accept your surrender at any time," Ciraneoth said as he took aim again and let go another silvered arrow.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

half action: aim
    half-action: shoot with silvered arrow: (1d100)[53] vs 61 (66+ 5 best weapon + 10 aim -20 melee) for damage: [roll1] (8 damage rolled in OOC)

Last edited by farothel; 2024-03-03 at 01:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Not with wild swings like that, you won't!" Cassian answers with more bravado than his parry really merits. Although he stops the rat-man's blade cold with his shield, the force of the blow is enough to throw him off balance, ensuring that a weak swing at his opponent's left arm is all he can muster in response.

Show
    Parry with shield (1d100)[62] vs. 62 (WS 52, Defensive +10)
    FP re-roll if necessary (1d100)[33]

Full action: Swift attack w/ magic silver-plated hand axe (1d100)[54], (1d100)[70] vs. 67 (WS 52, GC axe +5, Outnumbering bonus +10)
    Damage (1d10+4)[8], (1d10+4)[13]

(1d100)[94], (1d100)[36]
    (1d10)[4], (1d10)[2]

Wounds remaining: 10/13
    Last edited by rax; 2024-03-03 at 05:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

R2 Winifred 14/14 FP2/3

Winifreds first attack goes high as misses, the second strikes hard at his left leg

Show

(1d100)[70] v 51 (41+10)
    (1d10)[4] +3

(1d100)[39] v 51 (41+10)
    (1d10)[10] +3

(1d100)[53] v 45 (47-5) Dodge

Last edited by wilphe; 2024-03-04 at 08:04 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Andrei had tried to warn him. He will attempt to adjust his control of the aethyr and repeat his previous spell.

Show

Initiative 7 (Ag 53)

Half Action - Channel
    Half Action - Drop

(1d100)[32]

Drop 4+ or 3+ for Channeling
    (1d10)[4]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

The little rat man is a blurring flurry of violence and hate, but its not enough. Andrei spins a hand and pulls in the skiens of ulgu the shadowy magic and the hilt of the thug's blade sheens with an oil gleam before flying out of his hand with an anguished squeak. Even as he bares his teeth and goes to lunge with his bite at Cassian's throat the young noble slices across the rat's arm, an arrow sizzling with the silver tip hammers into the creatures arm before a massive swing from Winifred skewers the beast's leg! The blade rips out his knee and he topples to the ground screeching in rage, claws and tail whipping at the ground in panic as he flops around only partially conscious as blood pours out onto the filthy floor

20% chance of dying from blood loss (1d100)[45] TN 21+