New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    Would you consider the Primagus as an alternative?
    I am not attached to the Myrmidarch archetype and its abilities, but Eldritch Scion and Primagus are no good. Berserker rage and eldritch bloodlines don't fit.

I'm also not keen on changing my spellcasting ability from my +2 INT to my -4 CHA.

edit: If we're not going to find a solution here, I can pivot my concept to psionic kineticist or occult kineticist with no trouble.

edit 2: I'll just go psionic. Dual Disciple (PK/Nomad) Psion, Fighter, and Soulknife. Is the Dark Tempest PRC okay?

As per Telekinetic Bolt blade skill text "The mind bolt gains the enhancement bonus of the soulknife’s mind blade and may select its own enhancements (such as distance or flaming) as if it were a separate weapon from her mind blade."

Regarding weapon groups, from what I'm reading, the mindbold would be a thrown weapon and the standard mind blade would be a Blade, Light or heavy.
    Okay. I'm still quite happy to do this.
    Last edited by DammitVictor; 2024-02-16 at 04:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Alright! Whoo!

And some good news-- Pathfinder is written to pretty heavily discourage multiclassing, so probably won't be too much of that.

I've never used or read Paths of War before, so I'll probably go through the SRD and do something with that. In the meantime, a couple of questions.

1. Can you give me an idea of the level of optimization in the game? "Anyone who's not a full caster with seven levels of free metamagic will wish they were," "Aim for the final gestalt to be tier 2-ish," "Expect challenging fights with enemies that pull no punches, but I'll tailor the actual level of challenge to whatever the final group composition is," "Fighter//Barbarian should be viable for the length of the campaign"?

2. How would you describe the intended tone of the game? Warhammer 40k, Batman Beyond, Lord of the Rings, Dora the Explorer?
    2a. Is there anything mechanics-wise that will interfere with that tone/PCs should avoid? Guns, psionics, androids, contact with outer gods?

3. Did you approve all of MechanicHound's races, or just the Changeling specifically? (I haven't seen that post before)

4. How are you handling prestige classes? "Must qualify for the class entirely using one side of the gestalt, can only advance in one prestige class per character level?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

If Dreamscarred suff is allowed, does that mean Decataurs are allowed?

And are we still doing the one class gestalt stuff or are we doing standard gestalt?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    So, are we doing the thing you mentioned with Phantom Thief? (If we are, I'd think it's also fair to at least give everyone else a chance of getting something "underpowered" to add in. I want my time to shine and do the things my character does, but I want that for everyone else too. Last thing I would want is to end up as the "main character".)

Also, since you didn't mention anything about the third-party stuff I mentioned (and linked to) in the OP, I will once again ask about Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling Favored Class bonus.
    Yes, we're doing the thing with phantom thief. I will be hearing requests regarding other people doing minor alterations like that, I just wont blanked aprove anything since it's supposed to be minimal, like you keeping two very underpowered class features in order to "keep up" with combat, since that archetype hinders your combat abilities in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by DammitVictor View Post
    I am not attached to the Myrmidarch archetype and its abilities, but Eldritch Scion and Primagus are no good. Berserker rage and eldritch bloodlines don't fit.

I'm also not keen on changing my spellcasting ability from my +2 INT to my -4 CHA.

edit: If we're not going to find a solution here, I can pivot my concept to psionic kineticist or occult kineticist with no trouble.

edit 2: I'll just go psionic. Dual Disciple (PK/Nomad) Psion, Fighter, and Soulknife. Is the Dark Tempest PRC okay?
    I sugested that because it seemd to fit with what you wanted. You see, I'm still familiarizing myself with a lot of pathfinder material, and minor alteration like that tend to be forgotten as time goes by. I wanted to avoid me forgeting allowing this and ask you 5 weeks from now "hey why are you casting spontaneouly when your class has prepared spellcasting?". Using the class "as is" helps me with that and avoid confusion. But it's no big deal, I'll just have to keep one more note in mind. That being said, if you want to go back to magus I'll consider this your "minor alteration" as was granted to Debatra, or you can still change your concept if you'd like and request a different minor change if you want to.

Dark Tempest is allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Cassus View Post
    Alright! Whoo!

And some good news-- Pathfinder is written to pretty heavily discourage multiclassing, so probably won't be too much of that.

I've never used or read Paths of War before, so I'll probably go through the SRD and do something with that. In the meantime, a couple of questions.

1. Can you give me an idea of the level of optimization in the game? "Anyone who's not a full caster with seven levels of free metamagic will wish they were," "Aim for the final gestalt to be tier 2-ish," "Expect challenging fights with enemies that pull no punches, but I'll tailor the actual level of challenge to whatever the final group composition is," "Fighter//Barbarian should be viable for the length of the campaign"?

2. How would you describe the intended tone of the game? Warhammer 40k, Batman Beyond, Lord of the Rings, Dora the Explorer?
    2a. Is there anything mechanics-wise that will interfere with that tone/PCs should avoid? Guns, psionics, androids, contact with outer gods?

3. Did you approve all of MechanicHound's races, or just the Changeling specifically? (I haven't seen that post before)

4. How are you handling prestige classes? "Must qualify for the class entirely using one side of the gestalt, can only advance in one prestige class per character level?
    1 - I tend to like somewhere between mid to high optimization levels. I also tailor the encounters to the party, so everyone can contribute at least a little bit and feel useful. I do tend to not pull punches when managing enemies, but I almost always start slow and increase dificulty as I get a better feel of the party capabilities. So, if someone wanted to play a Fighter//Barbarian I would try to make it viable for him, but it certaily would be a lot easier if he kept up with the other party members by himself.

2 - I guess batman beyond is pretty accurate description of what I'll try to conduct here (if you replace the tech gadgets with magic items). It's supposed to be a serious campaign with investigations and a lot of fights.
    2a - Since we're playing in faerun, guns should be almost non existant, but I will allow early firearms and the player will have no trouble finding materials for crafting ammo or weapons. As far as I know, warforged do exist in faerun, albeit quite rare, we're just refluffing the forgeborn to fit that. So no androinds or technology.

3 - That was answered in the big 16: "As requested, MechanicsHound Changeling race is in play. I'll also blanket approve all the core races that appear in the link, plus the dragonborn and forgeborn. If any other races catches your attention you may request and I'll give it a read."

4 - You can use both tracks to qualify for a prestige class, but only one prestige per level is allowed. I'll add that info to the big 16.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    If Dreamscarred suff is allowed, does that mean Decataurs are allowed?
    Taking a quick look at that race it seems to have less than 15 RP, as long as this is the case, it's allowed, but I will ask you to confirm that

And are we still doing the one class gestalt stuff or are we doing standard gestalt?
    Standard gestalt. But you may request a minor alteration to a class, like getting some skill as a class skill, not giving up a class feature like trapfinding when taking an archetype or getting to take a fourth trait.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Could that minor class alteration be something like changing the mental stat I use for casting/Ki pool stuff? I was planning to possibly do ninja and it would really help me if both it and my other class used the same casting stat... (I wanna make them both use wisdom, FTR.)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

I sugested that because it seemd to fit with what you wanted.
    Yes, thank you. I didn't intend my reply as a complaint, but rather an explanation for why I wasn't taking the offer, which would have been a reasonable offer if it didn't lead me way off-concept. I sometimes feel like I'm the one being difficult when it's just the rules being a little bit needlessly inflexible, and apparently my attempts to communicate that I'm willing to "play ball" come across unintentionally as demands for concessions.

I think I am more comfortable with Psion anyway, because a lot of Pathfinder classes have a lot of mechanics that are just a lot. Thanks for being willing to work with me on this, but I'll stick to coloring within the lines for now.

Dark Tempest is allowed
    Thanks, this helps me a lot.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, we're doing the thing with phantom thief. I will be hearing requests regarding other people doing minor alterations like that, I just wont blanked aprove anything since it's supposed to be minimal, like you keeping two very underpowered class features in order to "keep up" with combat, since that archetype hinders your combat abilities in the first place
    Great to hear, but you still haven't answered the other two things I asked about. If you need some time to look at or think about them, please just say so instead of not answering at all.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

8. - Top - End - #38

ClericGuy

Great to hear, but you still haven't answered the other two things I asked about. If you need some time to look at or think about them, please just say so instead of not answering at all.
    Sorry, I didn't adress them specifically because I tought they were core material and thus already covered in the big 16. You can use the Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling sorcerer favored class (that wasn't adressed in the race update so it remains unchanged)

9. - Top - End - #39

ClericGuy

Could that minor class alteration be something like changing the mental stat I use for casting/Ki pool stuff? I was planning to possibly do ninja and it would really help me if both it and my other class used the same casting stat... (I wanna make them both use wisdom, FTR.)
    Changing a "casting" hability would not be considered minor, sorry. On the other hand, you could select an archetype that changes your casting stat and try to alter something minor, like a adding another option to a selection of bonus feats, or keeping weapons and armor proficiency

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

There's only three ninja archetypes. Is there a cleric archetype that uses charisma?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

There is!

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...ric-archetype/

Also, Oracles are Cha-based and fit into a lot of the same spaces.
    Last edited by Cassus; 2024-02-17 at 12:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, I didn't adress them specifically because I tought they were core material and thus already covered in the big 16. You can use the Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling sorcerer favored class (that wasn't adressed in the race update so it remains unchanged)
    D20PFSRD.org has a lot of third-party stuff listed, which isn't automatically included and a lot of DMs are a little wary about them (and rightfully so, as some of it is a little "much").

Keep an eye on the links on top of the page, right above the name of the thing in question. If it says "Paizo, Inc." or no corporation, it's official PF. If it has any other corporate name, it's third-party.

For example.

---

I do understand wanting to avoid huge things like putting all of 3.5e and PF1 into a blender, but how would you feel about a few individual spells and items from 3.5e that don't really have an equivilent? For example, the cantrip Silent Portal (SpC 190), which just makes opening doors/windows/etc silent if done the normal way (but not by breaking them open, kicking them in, etc.). Though PF1 does have rules for custom spell research if we want to just sidestep that.

Also, the Vestment of Many Styles (RoE 175), essentially a set of shapeshifting clothes. Very handy for a Changeling. There's technically a similar PF1 item, it's just different enough to be annoying. The vestment is transmutation, and can just be worn and changted with a command word, while the sleeves are illusion and need to be put on and taken off (and thus also stowed away somewhere when not in use).

Don't worry though, I'm not about to go crazy and ask for the entire Arms and Equipment Guide or something.

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'll put together an Unchained Monk//Druid of the regular ol' human variety. There's just something amusing about that combination and there's obvious thematic and mechanical synergy too, which is always nice to have.

I'll get a sheet together for Leif Fýrisdotter soon.

If we're playing on Discord, having a slower pace will probably help anyway since it's easy to lose track of what's going on. I would suggest separate channels for IC, OOC and rolling posts, though.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cassus View Post
    There is!

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...ric-archetype/

Also, Oracles are Cha-based and fit into a lot of the same spaces.

...Yeah, I must have needed way more sleep than I got, b/c I woke up and read something that also reminded me oracles were a thing.

Ninja/oracle decataur on the way.

15. - Top - End - #45

ClericGuy

There's only three ninja archetypes. Is there a cleric archetype that uses charisma?
    I would like to point out that I did not specifically ban third party sources, it's on a case by case analysis. So, for example, you could ask for the Nokizaru archetype (who has cha based arcane spellcasting) and as your minor change keep the sneak attack progression, or ask for the Wolf Head Archetype, which replaces the ki-pool entirely.

To my knowledge, the aforementioned Archetypes increase the power level of the ninja class, but we're talking about a ninja so I'm much more inclined to be lenient regarding an increase of power than if you wanted something for a wizard/cleric/druid

D20PFSRD.org has a lot of third-party stuff listed, which isn't automatically included and a lot of DMs are a little wary about them (and rightfully so, as some of it is a little "much").

Keep an eye on the links on top of the page, right above the name of the thing in question. If it says "Paizo, Inc." or no corporation, it's official PF. If it has any other corporate name, it's third-party.

For example.

---

I do understand wanting to avoid huge things like putting all of 3.5e and PF1 into a blender, but how would you feel about a few individual spells and items from 3.5e that don't really have an equivilent? For example, the cantrip Silent Portal (SpC 190), which just makes opening doors/windows/etc silent if done the normal way (but not by breaking them open, kicking them in, etc.). Though PF1 does have rules for custom spell research if we want to just sidestep that.

Also, the Vestment of Many Styles (RoE 175), essentially a set of shapeshifting clothes. Very handy for a Changeling. There's technically a similar PF1 item, it's just different enough to be annoying. The vestment is transmutation, and can just be worn and changted with a command word, while the sleeves are illusion and need to be put on and taken off (and thus also stowed away somewhere when not in use).

Don't worry though, I'm not about to go crazy and ask for the entire Arms and Equipment Guide or something.
    Yeah, I gave the srd a good reading yersterday so that doesn't happen again, it doesn't help that a few links are broken (the changeling race link for example keeps leading to dhampir for some reason). It too a while for me to notice the top page link.

We can port a few spells and itens if they do not have an equivalent, specially for minor effects like these two, so its ok on SIlent Portal and Vestment of Many Styles

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I think I'll put together an Unchained Monk//Druid of the regular ol' human variety. There's just something amusing about that combination and there's obvious thematic and mechanical synergy too, which is always nice to have.

I'll get a sheet together for Leif Fýrisdotter soon.

If we're playing on Discord, having a slower pace will probably help anyway since it's easy to lose track of what's going on. I would suggest separate channels for IC, OOC and rolling posts, though.
    Yeah, that is my intention for sure. I want separate channels for sheets, ooc, ic and probably a few more as we feel the need for them.

On another note

Regarding the character sheets

As I've stated before, I'm still familiarizing myself with pf material, so any links you can provide will immensely ligthen my job, and to my knowledge mythweavers is not very good for including those, so if possible I would ask for player to submit your sheet in a google docs or google sheets format.

This is a character I made for another game and I'm presenting it to you as an example of what I mean, with a simple click I can be diretect to a lot of information. You don't have to use this template and chosing to use mythweavers will not influence the player selection in any way, it's just a selfish request of mine.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Would you consider soothsaying (whether using a tarot harrow deck, reading the winds/predicting the weather, etc. etc. etc) be a performance or a profession skill?

Or neither?

EDIT: Also, possible minor alteration, but would you allow the Decataur's
    Spoiler: Nature Magic
    Show
    Nature Magic (Su): Decataur are finely tuned to the druidic and shamanistic ways of nature. they increase their caster level for all druid and ranger spells by 1.
    ability be able to be applied to oracle spells instead?
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2024-02-17 at 12:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game

Well I think this is by and large done now. I tried to keep it as concise as possible for you since you asked for things to be linked for convenience.

I won't bother with the skills or prepared spells until we figure out a more permanent place to put all this.

Leif Fýrisdotter
    Human Unchained Monk 5 // Druid 5
    AC: 20 | HP: 45/45 | Initiative: +6
    Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +9

Spell Slots: 1st 4/4 | 2nd: 3/3 | 3rd: 2/2
    Ki Pool: 7/7
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

Spoiler: Basics
    Show
    Hit Points: 45/45 | AC: 20
    Str: 18 | Dex: 14 | Con: 14 | Int: 9 | Wis: 19 | Cha: 7
    BAB: +5 | FAB: +9
    Initiative: +6

Dual Talent:
    Some humans are uniquely skilled at maximizing their natural gifts. These humans pick two ability scores and gain a +2 racial bonus in each of those scores. This racial trait replaces the +2 bonus to any one ability score, the bonus feat, and the skilled traits.

Favoured Class Bonus:
    Add +¼ point to the monk‘s ki pool.
    Selected 5 times.

Ability Score Increases:
    4th - +1 wis

Feats:
    1st - Powerful Maneuvers
    3rd - Improved Initiative
    5th - Natural Spell

Spoiler: Monk Features
    Show
    Flurry of Blows:
    Full round action. Make one additional attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Ki Pool:
    Ki Pool equals half monk level plus wis mod +1. Regain all ki points on long rest. As long as you have at least 1 ki point, your unarmed attacks are considered magical.

Swift action. 1 ki point. When using Flurry of Blows, make one additional unarmed attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Evasion:
    If you succeed at a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you instead take no damage.

Still Mind:
    You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.

Purity of Body:
    You gain immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Ki Powers:
    Qinggong Power (Barkskin)
    1 ki point, target self only, 50 mins duration.
    +2 enhancement bonus to your existing natural armor bonus.

Style Strike:
    Flying Kick (once per round)
    Before the attack, you can move a distance equal to your fast movement bonus. This movement is made as part of your flurry of blows attack and does not require an additional action.

Bonus Feats:
    Improved Unarmed Strike (1d8 bludgeoning damage)
    Stunning Fist (DC 16 fort save)
    Dodge (+1 dodge bonus to AC, merged with Mobility)
    Combat Reflexes (+dex mod opportunity attacks per round)

Spoiler: Druid Features
    Show
    Nature Bond:
    Wolf Domain
    Deft Maneuvers

Nature Sense:
    +2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.

Resist Nature's Lure:
    +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of fey.

Wild Shape:
    Standard action. Once per day. As the Beast Shape I spell. 5 hour duration.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    Prepared Spells:
    0th -
    0th -
    0th -
    0th -

1st -
    1st -
    1st -
    1st -

2nd -
    2nd -
    2nd -

3rd -
    3rd -

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

18. - Top - End - #48

ClericGuy

Would you consider soothsaying (whether using a tarot harrow deck, reading the winds/predicting the weather, etc. etc. etc) be a performance or a profession skill?

Or neither?
    In this setting, I would see it as a performance, taking into account that divination actually exists with actual verifiable proof. BUT, if you wanted to trick someone making them believe you're a fortune teller while trying to extract information, you would require sense motive, bluff and possibly gather information along with your performance to have any meaningfull sucess and avoid being found out at the same time.

That mino modification is allowed
    Last edited by Arael666; 2024-02-17 at 12:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Asking just in case. Is legendary gunslinger on the table?

Have an idea to make a protean alchemist/gunslinger. The legendary has an archetype that could help, but its not really necessary.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Is waiving away the cost of autohypnosis class feature from autohypnotist or retaining touch treatment if you give it up for Vexing Trickster considered a minor alteration?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am plugging along at the sheet, but feels like Google is fighting me every step of the way. I may draw up a shorthand (non-interactive) sheet to submit before I'm finished.

Right now, I'm looking at Fighter|Soulknife (Armored Blade, Cutthroat) 2, Slayer|Psion (Nomad/PK) 3, aiming for Fighter|Elocater and Slayer|Dark Tempest. Forgeborn, more fighter/thief than primary caster.

22. - Top - End - #52

MindFlayer

Posting interest as a Half-Orc (Drow) Zealot // Dread (Swarm Master), someone trained in the warrior shamanic traditions of both parent races and focuses on battlefield control and support. I'll get started on a sheet for it soon.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

I have few minor thrid-party spell requests. None of them are that "out there" but still good to check.

Timer, which does just what the name suggests.
    Quill, which just conjures a pen with infinite ink to your hand for a few minutes.
    Transcribe, which you cast onto a pen to copy an ongoing conversation onto paper.

Also, assuming the latter two are fine, I'd like to slightly modify Quill so that it can be used alongside Transcribe. The quill usually disappears if it eaves the caster's hand. I'm not asking for this detail to be blanket-removed, just altered so that it won't go away if you have other magic active on it.

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2880698

Dusk is nearing completion apart from the minutae of her gear and I'm also putting links to everything class/build wise in the notes section to reference.

TL;DR is that she's a shy decataur who's been a messenger/ninja serving a multitude of Goodly priests/churches for years and one of those organizations was all "Hey. You're getting much too strong/capable to be delivering secret papers. Go help out our boys in Silverymoon this time."

I just have a few questions:

1- If ninja are proficient with Katana, is that as a 2handed weapon or as an exotic weapon--IE, can ninja use it one or two handed without needing a feat?

2- I've basically made a stealthy Jill of All trades with more focus on stabbing/electrocuting foes than on healing her allies. But since Debatra initiated the request for this game and they're making a special rogue, is what I have too close to their area of expertise? I can drop Fluttershy the centaur and make something like a magus or a bloodrager instead if that wouldn't step on any toes.

25. - Top - End - #55

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Well I think this is by and large done now. I tried to keep it as concise as possible for you since you asked for things to be linked for convenience.

I won't bother with the skills or prepared spells until we figure out a more permanent place to put all this.

Leif Fýrisdotter
    Human Unchained Monk 5 // Druid 5
    AC: 20 | HP: 45/45 | Initiative: +6

Spell Slots: 1st 4/4 | 2nd: 3/3 | 3rd: 2/2
    Ki Pool: 7/7
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

Spoiler: Basics
    Show
    Hit Points: 45/45 | AC: 20
    Str: 18 | Dex: 14 | Con: 14 | Int: 9 | Wis: 19 | Cha: 7
    BAB: +5 | FAB: +9
    Initiative: +6

Dual Talent:
    Some humans are uniquely skilled at maximizing their natural gifts. These humans pick two ability scores and gain a +2 racial bonus in each of those scores. This racial trait replaces the +2 bonus to any one ability score, the bonus feat, and the skilled traits.

Favoured Class Bonus:
    Add +¼ point to the monk‘s ki pool.
    Selected 5 times.

Ability Score Increases:
    4th - +1 wis

Feats:
    1st - Powerful Maneuvers
    3rd - Improved Initiative
    5th - Natural Spell

Spoiler: Monk Features
    Show
    Flurry of Blows:
    Full round action. Make one additional attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Ki Pool:
    Ki Pool equals half monk level plus wis mod +1. Regain all ki points on long rest. As long as you have at least 1 ki point, your unarmed attacks are considered magical.

Swift action. 1 ki point. When using Flurry of Blows, make one additional unarmed attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Evasion:
    If you succeed at a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you instead take no damage.

Still Mind:
    You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.

Purity of Body:
    You gain immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Ki Powers:
    Qinggong Power (Barkskin)
    1 ki point, target self only, 50 mins duration.
    +2 enhancement bonus to your existing natural armor bonus.

Style Strike:
    Flying Kick (once per round)
    Before the attack, you can move a distance equal to your fast movement bonus. This movement is made as part of your flurry of blows attack and does not require an additional action.

Bonus Feats:
    Improved Unarmed Strike (1d8 bludgeoning damage)
    Stunning Fist (DC 16 fort save)
    Dodge (+1 dodge bonus to AC, merged with Mobility)
    Combat Reflexes (+dex mod opportunity attacks per round)

Spoiler: Druid Features
    Show
    Nature Bond:
    Wolf Domain
    Deft Maneuvers

Nature Sense:
    +2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.

Resist Nature's Lure:
    +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of fey.

Wild Shape:
    Standard action. Once per day. As the Beast Shape I spell. 5 hour duration.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    Prepared Spells:
    0th -
    0th -
    0th -
    0th -

1st -
    1st -
    1st -
    1st -

2nd -
    2nd -
    2nd -

3rd -
    3rd -

Spoiler: Equipment
    Show
    Seems quite simple and a good build. Also, you have one favored clas per track, you seems to have slected only monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Asking just in case. Is legendary gunslinger on the table?

Have an idea to make a protean alchemist/gunslinger. The legendary has an archetype that could help, but its not really necessary.
    I'll allow it, seems like a tradeoff of mobility and customizations instead of more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Is waiving away the cost of autohypnosis class feature from autohypnotist or retaining touch treatment if you give it up for Vexing Trickster considered a minor alteration?
    Waiving the cost of autohypnosis is not allowed, but keeping touch treatment is.

I have few minor thrid-party spell requests. None of them are that "out there" but still good to check.

Timer, which does just what the name suggests.
    Quill, which just conjures a pen with infinite ink to your hand for a few minutes.
    Transcribe, which you cast onto a pen to copy an ongoing conversation onto paper.

Also, assuming the latter two are fine, I'd like to slightly modify Quill so that it can be used alongside Transcribe. The quill usually disappears if it eaves the caster's hand. I'm not asking for this detail to be blanket-removed, just altered so that it won't go away if you have other magic active on it.
    Those are very interesting spells and I see no problem allowing both the request for the spell as well as the interaction between quill and transcribe, but reading transcribe I don't even think that you need it, since the target of the spell is the material in which the speech will be transcribed, so it seems you don't need a pen or quill at all for the spell to work. It'll certainly be interesting to see them in action.

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2880698

Dusk is nearing completion apart from the minutae of her gear and I'm also putting links to everything class/build wise in the notes section to reference.

TL;DR is that she's a shy decataur who's been a messenger/ninja serving a multitude of Goodly priests/churches for years and one of those organizations was all "Hey. You're getting much too strong/capable to be delivering secret papers. Go help out our boys in Silverymoon this time."

I just have a few questions:

1- If ninja are proficient with Katana, is that as a 2handed weapon or as an exotic weapon--IE, can ninja use it one or two handed without needing a feat?

2- I've basically made a stealthy Jill of All trades with more focus on stabbing/electrocuting foes than on healing her allies. But since Debatra initiated the request for this game and they're making a special rogue, is what I have too close to their area of expertise? I can drop Fluttershy the centaur and make something like a magus or a bloodrager instead if that wouldn't step on any toes.
    1 - To my understanding, "being proficient" means you do have the exotic weapon proficiency with the appropriate weapon, in this case a katana, so by virtue of being a ninja you receive ssaid feat and thus are able to use the weapon with a single hand without penalty.
    2 - I don't mind characters sharing a role at all and since this is gestalt, it's bound to happen sooner rather than later. Also, the last thing I want is to have you change what you would like to play as. That being said, I will be totally frank with you and confess that to me some roles are easier to deal with when there are more than one character that are proficient in them, like combat, buffing and healing. Others, like party face and sneaking, not so much. So this might have an impact in character selection

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Can't think of what it was off the top of my head, but I got it mixed up with some other spell that needs to target a writing tool. (Though it was Transcribe I was requesting.)

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Alright!

Whew. I think I've got a handle on Path of War now, looking at a Harbinger (Ravenlord)//Magus (Kensai), doing a mix of healing, battlefield control, and stabbing.

Question. Can I use the MechanicHound Half-elven race? I couldn't tell whether "core races at the link" meant "at the MechanicHound link" or "at the d20pfsrd link."
    To save time, the "traits from parents" I'm planning to take are...
    Spoiler: Half Fire Elf, Half Human
    Show

+2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity
    ---Fire Immunity: Immune to fire. (+4 RP)
    ---See in the Dark: Dark Vision (+2 RP)
    ---Bonus Feat (+4 RP)

Also, for the Ravenlord archetype, I get a bird animal companion. Does that mean "any bird companion" or specifically the Bird companion?
    If it would normally be the latter, does it count as a minor adjustment to change the animal companion to a Roc?

Also also, are the custom weapon rules in play?
    Last edited by Cassus; 2024-02-20 at 02:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Arael666 OK, thanks. Regarding archetypes, if one gives you a feat that is made irrelevant by the feat tax, do we get to replace that feat with another one of the same type (e.g if archetype gives combat expertise but due to feat tax is gone and is a combat feat, do we get to replace it with another combat feat?)?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-19 at 08:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Have you got any objection to Lost Spheres Publishing's Parasite, or maybe Legendary Games' Rosethorn Princess Harbringer archetype?
    Last edited by Toptomcat; 2024-02-19 at 05:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaning to a Ranger//Kheshig. Not sure on race, possibly a Goliath.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show