New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post

I'll allow it, seems like a tradeoff of mobility and customizations instead of more damage.
    Thanks. That's what I like about that class.

I had the idea of adding a construct. Maybe a wax one or a homunculus like Sage or crafter.
    what do you think?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

The Elephant in the Room makes it a little redundant, so I'd like to request a partial rework of the Underhanded Trick Rogue Talent. With EitR in play, it gives a feat that doesn't exist anymore, while allowing you to qualify for another feat later down the road. I'd like to move this a bit forward. What do you think of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra's EitR Rework of "Underhanded Trick"
    Prerequisites: Deft Maneuvers, Rogue or Unchained Rogue level 6.
    Benefit: A rogue who selects this talent gains Greater Dirty Trick as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. At 11th level, she is treated as if she meets all the prerequisites for Dirty Trick Master (although she must take the feat as normal). If she succeeds in giving her target the blinded condition, the target cannot remove the condition during the first round of blindness.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cassus View Post
    Alright!

Whew. I think I've got a handle on Path of War now, looking at a Harbinger (Ravenlord)//Magus (Kensai), doing a mix of healing, battlefield control, and stabbing.

Question. Can I use the MechanicHound Half-elven race? I couldn't tell whether "core races at the link" meant "at the MechanicHound link" or "at the d20pfsrd link."
    To save time, the "traits from parents" I'm planning to take are...
    Spoiler: Half Fire Elf, Half Human
    Show

+2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity
    ---Fire Immunity: Immune to fire. (+4 RP)
    ---See in the Dark: Dark Vision (+2 RP)
    ---Bonus Feat (+4 RP)
    By "core races at the link" I meant that every core pf race that is altered by MechanicHound is allowed, so yeah you can use the half elf.

Also, for the Ravenlord archetype, I get a bird animal companion. Does that mean "any bird companion" or specifically the Bird companion?
    If it would normally be the latter, does it count as a minor adjustment to change the animal companion to a Roc?
    The archetype says "The dark messenger functions as a bird animal companion (using the ravenlord’s level as his effective druid level) with the following exceptions". I'm interpreting it to mean that any animal described here that has "bird" in it's name would be a valid raven companion.

You can have that as your minor change

Also also, are the custom weapon rules in play?
    We might use if it's really needed, but I hardly think we can't solve this issue by simply refluffing some existing weapon. What weapon do you have in mind exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    @Arael666 OK, thanks. Regarding archetypes, if one gives you a feat that is made irrelevant by the feat tax, do we get to replace that feat with another one of the same type (e.g if archetype gives combat expertise but due to feat tax is gone and is a combat feat, do we get to replace it with another combat feat?)?
    Yes, but check with me if something like Debatra's situation that I'm responding in this post happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
    Have you got any objection to Lost Spheres Publishing's Parasite, or maybe Legendary Games' Rosethorn Princess Harbringer archetype?
    First, did you identify the publisher from the library website alone? or by googling the books? I've always had dificulty keeping track of who published what, but the library is even more confusing than the pfsrd in that aspect.

Regarding the classes, it seems quite a step up in power comparing it with other dsp material. While this is gestalt and it is normal to have more powerfull characters, things can get out of hand quite fast and easily snowball out of proportion.

Then again, I also don't like to limit players if they have interesting ideas, so I'll say this: if you like any of those classes you may use one, but I would ask you to pair it with a considerable less powerfull class in contrast, or maybe pair it with a class that don't offer many sinergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Thanks. That's what I like about that class.

I had the idea of adding a construct. Maybe a wax one or a homunculus like Sage or crafter.
    what do you think?
    I'm sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean pairing the legendary gunslinger with a crafter class and having a construct familiar/companion that you crafted yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    The Elephant in the Room makes it a little redundant, so I'd like to request a partial rework of the Underhanded Trick Rogue Talent. With EitR in play, it gives a feat that doesn't exist anymore, while allowing you to qualify for another feat later down the road. I'd like to move this a bit forward. What do you think of this:
    That seems like a very sensible solution, you may use that.
    Last edited by Arael666; 2024-02-20 at 11:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

We might use if it's really needed, but I hardly think we can't solve this issue by simply refluffing some existing weapon. What weapon do you have in mind exactly?
    RE custom weapon rules-- if you know Exalted, I'm trying to make a Floating Ribbon, an incredibly long ribbon sword (basically the silk-and-steel urumi equivalent of Cloud's Buster Sword).
    The actual urumi doesn't scratch that itch. I was originally building with the idea of slightly refluffling a scorpion whip, and I could still do that, but that's turning out to take a lot of feats, and I'm not really interested in the ability to swing from the weapon or attempt grapple/reposition maneuvers at range.

So I figured I'd ask about using the weapon creation rules and try cutting the Gordian Knot.

Or wait, were you asking about the exact custom weapon specs? Something like...
    Spoiler: Floating Ribbon
    Show

Dmg (M) 1d6; Critical 19-20×2; Type P or S; Price 21gp. Weight 6lbs.
    Exotic Melee Light weapon
    Group: Flails

Additional Design Points (-1pt, +15gp)
    Reach (1pt)
    Improved Critical Threat Range (3pt)
    Additional Damage Type ("or," 1pt)
    Improved Damage (2pt)

Exact details fluid-- finessable one-handed might fit better than "light," for instance, and I can afford that by shrinking the damage die.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Going for a mesmerist/fighter.

Can we retrain feats?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Wildshape in Pathfinder is kinda weird... So Leif normally has...

20 AC and 18 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she uses wildshape to turn into a wolf she gains +2 strength and +2 natural armour but she loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers so her stats become...

20 AC and 20 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she hits 6th level she'll be able to wildshape into a large wolf, at which point she gains +4 natural armour and still loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers but loses another 1 AC due to the dexterity penalty so her stats become...

21 AC and 22 Str, 12 Dex, 14 Con.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've submitted my application for Thirteen, my psionic assassin droid.

I'm working on backup pitches. A highly educated, noble half-orc swashbuckler/investigator type; maybe an Arcane bloodline Eldritch Scion/Archeologist; maybe an Aberrant Aegis|Visitor Druid; some sort of uber-lizardmensch?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Wildshape in Pathfinder is kinda weird... So Leif normally has...

20 AC and 18 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she uses wildshape to turn into a wolf she gains +2 strength and +2 natural armour but she loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers so her stats become...

20 AC and 20 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she hits 6th level she'll be able to wildshape into a large wolf, at which point she gains +4 natural armour and still loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers but loses another 1 AC due to the dexterity penalty so her stats become...

21 AC and 22 Str, 12 Dex, 14 Con.
    It's actually worse-- you forgot the -1 size penalty to AC from being Large.
    Yeah, druids were pretty crazy in 3.5, so pathfinder hit them hard in the conversion.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

It's actually worse-- you forgot the -1 size penalty to AC from being Large.
    Yeah, druids were pretty crazy in 3.5, so pathfinder hit them hard in the conversion.
    Yeah it seems like going up in size isn't actually worth it. Sure you gain +4 strength but large has a -1 penalty to attack rolls and the penalties to your attack rolls and AC get worse the bigger you go. Doesn't actually seem to be any real tradeoff either. You hit harder but you hit less often and you become a bigger, easier to hit target too.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Yeah it seems like going up in size isn't actually worth it. Sure you gain +4 strength but large has a -1 penalty to attack rolls and the penalties to your attack rolls and AC get worse the bigger you go. Doesn't actually seem to be any real tradeoff either. You hit harder but you hit less often and you become a bigger, easier to hit target too.
    It's about damage-- your AC and to hit stay about the same, but your str and weapon damage die size is up, and your Trip bonus will be noticeably higher. But yeah, most of the happiness from druid wild shape upgrades comes from getting better traits at any size (level 6 doubles your fly speed and unlocks pounce, for instance).

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

I've got a Psion(Egoist)//Vitalist in my head that relies on Shared Power to dump buffs all day on his allies.

12. - Top - End - #72

ClericGuy

RE custom weapon rules-- if you know Exalted, I'm trying to make a Floating Ribbon, an incredibly long ribbon sword (basically the silk-and-steel urumi equivalent of Cloud's Buster Sword).
    The actual urumi doesn't scratch that itch. I was originally building with the idea of slightly refluffling a scorpion whip, and I could still do that, but that's turning out to take a lot of feats, and I'm not really interested in the ability to swing from the weapon or attempt grapple/reposition maneuvers at range.

So I figured I'd ask about using the weapon creation rules and try cutting the Gordian Knot.

Or wait, were you asking about the exact custom weapon specs? Something like...
    Spoiler: Floating Ribbon
    Show

Dmg (M) 1d6; Critical 19-20×2; Type P or S; Price 21gp. Weight 6lbs.
    Exotic Melee Light weapon
    Group: Flails

Additional Design Points (-1pt, +15gp)
    Reach (1pt)
    Improved Critical Threat Range (3pt)
    Additional Damage Type ("or," 1pt)
    Improved Damage (2pt)

Exact details fluid-- finessable one-handed might fit better than "light," for instance, and I can afford that by shrinking the damage die.
    I'm not familiar with exalted, but from your explanation it seems like you're describing something like this sword? If it is, I didn't really find something that would fit in the pfsrd, I was considering refluffing a kusarigama but no info on that weapon in the srd.

Reading the custom weapon, it seems appropriate, you may use that either as a light or finessable weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Going for a mesmerist/fighter.

Can we retrain feats?
    I didn't know if pf has retraining rules. If it has on core material, then yes you may, but losing a feat will deny you acess to anything it was a prerequisite for be it another feat, class feature or a prestige class entirely

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Great, thanks! I'm having a devil of a time finding the right picture; the one you posted is solid but a bit heavy-looking. In real life, the closest equivalent is this or this, but much, much longer (and with only a single "ribbon").

Also, PF has only an optional set of retraining rules (part of a much larger and more intricate set for running/investing in businesses and other downtime activities, but it's an easily-detachable part).

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Question:

If we retrain duped feats obtained from classes?

My build now looks like:

Human
    Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 /Magus (Arcane Archer) 4 // Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 4

And is feat starved :V

15. - Top - End - #75

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Talivan View Post
    Question:

If we retrain duped feats obtained from classes?

My build now looks like:

Human
    Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 /Magus (Arcane Archer) 4 // Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 4

And is feat starved :V
    If the class simply gives you a specific feat, then retraining will not be possible. If the class gives you a choice among a list of feats, you may retrain to take another feat from that same list.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If the class simply gives you a specific feat, then retraining will not be possible. If the class gives you a choice among a list of feats, you may retrain to take another feat from that same list.
    Then I'm out of luck:

PArtial Sheet for Janny Sparkdust

17. - Top - End - #77

Planetar

Devarin Sands, Psion(Egoist)//Vitalist, Basically a Psychic Cleric, pumping healing and buffs through his Collective

Still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Talivan View Post
    PArtial Sheet for Janny Sparkdust
    You have 3 Magic Traits, the only way to have multiple of a trait type is by taking the Exemplar trait for the type, which itself takes up two traits. The magic one is Curator of Mystic Secrets. Sorry.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-02-23 at 12:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, one more question. You're setting the game in Faerun, right?

Do you have a particular year in mind, or are we not cleaving that close to canon? I'm mostly curious about who's currently running Aglarond (there's a nonzero chance my character is here trying to recruit one of the Seven Sisters to come fill the Simbul's shoes-- futile, I know, but no need to tell the PC that).

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean pairing the legendary gunslinger with a crafter class and having a construct familiar/companion that you crafted yourself?
    That's why I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry.

OKAY. First, the classes are L. gunslinger and phrotean alchemist.
    I'm looking at creating a construct that will help me either in ability tests or that can create items.
    The top 3 would be; Trompe l'Oeil, Waxwork Creature and Homunculi.
    The first two would let me choose from the NPCs.
    Could I create any of these?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Here is the sheet for Kara, Mesmerist/Fighter. Mechanics are done, started on fluff.

21. - Top - End - #81

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Devarin Sands, Psion(Egoist)//Vitalist, Basically a Psychic Cleric, pumping healing and buffs through his Collective

Still a work in progress.

You have 3 Magic Traits, the only way to have multiple of a trait type is by taking the Exemplar trait for the type, which itself takes up two traits. The magic one is Curator of Mystic Secrets. Sorry.
    That's an interesting bit of information I didn't know, so I'll remind everyone again that I'm quite new to pathfinder so you might want to double check your sheets for things like that. On that note, the "master of metafocus" trait, is not from DSP material, so it's not pre approved

Okay, one more question. You're setting the game in Faerun, right?

Do you have a particular year in mind, or are we not cleaving that close to canon? I'm mostly curious about who's currently running Aglarond (there's a nonzero chance my character is here trying to recruit one of the Seven Sisters to come fill the Simbul's shoes-- futile, I know, but no need to tell the PC that).
    Oh Right, we'll be playing pre spellplague, sometime arround the end of 1372 and the begining of 1373. So while important events will be cannon, I'll try to avoid a "sandbox campaign", since I don't think I can create many opportunities for social interaction in a typical dungeoncrawl. Unless the group wishes for that of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    That's why I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry.

OKAY. First, the classes are L. gunslinger and phrotean alchemist.
    I'm looking at creating a construct that will help me either in ability tests or that can create items.
    The top 3 would be; Trompe l'Oeil, Waxwork Creature and Homunculi.
    The first two would let me choose from the NPCs.
    Could I create any of these?
    Oh, I get it. From a quick search, only waxwork creatures dont list a cost and prereqs, so you can craft a Trompe or a Homunculi if you meet the requirements

22. - Top - End - #82

Planetar

That's an interesting bit of information I didn't know, so I'll remind everyone again that I'm quite new to pathfinder so you might want to double check your sheets for things like that. On that note, the "master of metafocus" trait, is not from DSP material, so it's not pre approved
    You are right, that’s my bad. I’ll double check the sources on my powers as well. Officially requesting Master of Metafocus, but more than willing to change it if not. It’s a nice bonus but not essential.
    Campaign traits are also supposed to be individually approved or designed by the DM since they tend to be a little stronger than other traits. Something that isn’t apparent in the trait rules on the wiki.
    Also of note is that I’m using the most recent DSP version of the Shared Power feat from Ultimate Psionics , I think PFSRD still has the old version that does a ray instead of close range or Network. The Ultimate Psionics version is the most recent though.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-02-23 at 03:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Thank you to point it out, I already fix traits, needed to increase caster level and Metamagic cost reduction at the same time, but I find the way for it, so now my build is feasible

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

It's just occurred to me I never posted a WIP sheet.

Mali Seracen, not 100% ready to go, but mostly there.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Table for the sake of this campaign:

Player Character Race Side 1 Side 2 Status
    Talivan Janny Sparkdust Human Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist(Gun Chemist) 4 Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 / Magus (Eldritch Archer) 4 WIP (creating excel sheet)
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
    Last edited by Talivan; 2024-02-23 at 05:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oh, we post WIP sheets? Alright, can do. I'll see your sheet and raise you a table! And also my sheet. Been putting this off; character names are hard.

Everyone please copy and update/correct this, then repost it when you change it so that the newest version stays near the end of the thread.

Player Character Race Track 1:Classes/PRC Track 2:Classes/PRC Status
    Cassus Kyras Half-Elf Harbinger (Ravenlord) Magus (Kensai) 90% done (backstory isn't in complete sentences)
    Debatra Mali Seracen Changeling Unchained Rogue Psychic Sorcerer/Arcane Trickster not 100% ready to go, but mostly there
    Talivan Jenny Sparkdust Human Wizard/Magus Alchemist/Swashbuckler Partial
    Infernally Clay Leif Fyrisdotter Human Unchained Monk Druid By and large done
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

I cannot even with BBcode tables. I'm Dammit Victor, my character is named Thirteen, and it is approximately a Cutthroat Soulknife|Psion.

I need to pick my psionic powers and calculate my hit points and power points.
    Last edited by DammitVictor; 2024-02-23 at 05:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Planetar

Player Character Race Track 1:Classes/PRC Track 2:Classes/PRC Status
    Cassus Kyras Half-Elf Harbinger (Ravenlord) Magus (Kensai) 90% done (backstory isn't in complete sentences)
    Debatra Mali Seracen Changeling Unchained Rogue Psychic Sorcerer/Arcane Trickster not 100% ready to go, but mostly there
    Talivan Jenny Sparkdust Human Wizard/Magus Alchemist/Swashbuckler Partial
    Infernally Clay Leif Fyrisdotter Human Unchained Monk Druid By and large done
    Benoojian Devarin Sands Human Psion(Egoist) Vitalist WIP
    DammitVictor Thirteen Forgeborn Unchained Rogue/Armored Blade Cutthroat Soulknife Dual Disciple Psion(Nomad/Kineticist) need to pick my psionic powers and calculate my hit points and power points
    - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-02-23 at 06:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you. :)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Unrelated question: is there a deadline for submissions at this point?