New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Doom of Daggerdale

Hello everyone! I'm starting up a D&D 3.5 game based on the old 2nd edition adventure, Doom of Daggerdale. The adventure will be converted for D&D 3.5 and 6th level characters. This is my first time DMing on the forums, so go easy on me .

Spoiler: Daggerdale
    Show

For more than fifty years, Daggerdale has been battling to survive against hostile raiders, bandits, and monsters. Zhentarim spies and agents have infiltrated the dale, and the men of Daggerdale have been decimated by the attacks. They want nothing more than to be left alone. Located in the upper reaches of the Tesh valley, Daggerdale lies between the Desertsmouth mountains and the Dagger Hills, remote and hard to reach. Paths lead south to Shadowdale and east to Teshwave, but little traffic passes through the dale. Merchants of other lands have found the trip to Daggerdale to be dangerous and unprofitable. The Zhents are the most frequent visitors. The people of Daggerdale are hunters and farmers, but many homesteads are abandoned. Large areas of the dale are heavily wooded; the open farmlands and manors of the other dales are not found in Daggerdale. Instead, people huddle together in small stockaded settlements for protection. Small villages lie in isolated areas. The villagers farm the land nearby and send hunting parties into the dark forests and hills. The Dalesmen barely produce enough to keep themselves alive and have little to offer foreign traders.

The folk of the countryside band together in fortified villages, while the people of Dagger Falls, are protected by a Zhentarim-sponsored constable. Daggerdale's rightful ruler, a rebel named Randal Morn, leads a band of fighters against the invaders of the Dale. The largest community of Daggerdale is Dagger Falls, but it is ruled by a sheriff from Zhentil Keep. Randal Morn and the free Dalesmen keep moving their base to avoid the Zhentish forces. Randal's forces have been trying to recapture the town for years, but there are too few to risk a battle against the Zhentarim garrison.

Spoiler: Introduction
    Show

As the adventure begins, the party has accepted a commission from a merchant in Cormyr, Brie Redwood, to check up on her brother, Ian. She has not heard from him in more than two months, and knows that Daggerdale is a dangerous place these days. Brie has offered the party 250 gold pieces apiece to find Ian, with the promise of a bonus if he's in trouble and they assist him.

Ian is a brewer who lives in the town of Dagger Falls. He is one of the few residents of the Dale in a position to export goods, though Brie mostly purchases his ale and cider in order to support him.

The party accepted Brie's offer and is traveling to Dagger Falls when the adventure begins.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Dungeons & Dragons 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Forgotten Realms, the adventure Doom of Daggerdale converted for 3.5 and 6th level. I may run more adventures afterwards if the group is still interested, but I'm not committing at this time.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4-6 players, no alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OotS forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    6th level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Standard (13,000 gp)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Any classes are okay, if there are a large number of applicants I will try to pick a balanced party. See #16 for allowed sources.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    PHB races

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    32 Point Buy. Full hit points at 1st level, average rounded up after.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Good or light-ish shades of neutral, team player. Note that the Zhentarim forces in Dagger Falls are hundreds strong and backed by some high-level characters - attempting to walk up to the Constable and Smite Evil will result in a rapid and undignified end to your adventuring career.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Allowed with no experience penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Players will roll on the forums. I will post combat rolls, other rolls may be made 'behind the scenes'

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Animal Companions, familiars, and Paladin Mounts are okay, but anything else that gives you a long-term playable minion like Leadership, Planar Ally/Binding, or Animate Dead is banned.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Skirt length, you end up accepting Brie's offer and traveling to Daggerdale.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Some fighting, a little puzzling. We'll see how it goes.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Core+Complete and MIC.

Character submissions will last until Monday, March 25.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2024-03-02 at 01:01 AM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Default Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Reserved for submission list and Q&A.

Rulings, FAQ, and Notes

Fractional BAB/saves and retroactive skill points are in play.

No flaws/traits

PHB2 is allowed.

Regional feats from PGtF are allowed. They must be purchased as normal and do not provided extra money/equipment.

FR variants of PHB races are allowed, provided they are LA +0.

Please use MythWeavers to manage character sheets

No further exceptions to the allowable sources will be made

Character Submissions

Player Character Summary
    Darius Vibrtrar Gwen Razorleaf Halfling Druid 6
    Dantiesilva Delmuth Quibella Wild Elf Scout 3/Ranger 3
    Cygnia Ganzaya Human Ranger 3/Barb 2/Fighter 1
    Alhallor Kiltharael Watersong Wild Elf Duskblade 6
    Goby Doria Brightblade Dwarf Cleric 6
    Infernally Clay Hamza Dawnbright Lesser Aasimar Favored Soul 6
    Auranghzeb Cuchillo Human Spellthief 1/Wizard 4/Unseen Seer 1
    Yas392 Theo Kirman Human Ranger 6
    Thundercracker Samuel Arvandor Human Warlock 6
    BelGareth Jericho Half Orc Barbarian 2/Druid 4
    SCARY WIZARD Nanes-Il Half-elf Sorcerer 6
    rax Faurgar Human Hexblade 5/ Fighter 1
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2024-03-18 at 09:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Are traits & flaws allowed?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Submitting Crusader 3/Cleric 1/Swordsage 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 1, if that is all allowed. Likely Human.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

No and no. I would really prefer to keep things limited to Core+Complete+MIC. While I did make mention of possible exceptions, I was thinking more along the lines of a regional feat or something from the PGtF or similar. I have edited the OP to remove that language to keep things simple.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I would very much like to play a Favoured Soul. It's a class in Complete Divine and it's basically the Sorcerer equivalent of a Cleric. There's a rather nice alternative class feature in PHB2 that swaps out the weapon stuff for a temporary hit point buff attached to your support spells, so I'll probably go with that.

I'm thinking something a little different in terms of character portrayal, though. She has divine power but it is believed she somehow stole it. Certain groups or even cultures may consider her a heretic for this, even though the rumours are unfounded, but it doesn't really bother her. She doesn't know who gave her this power or why but you can be sure she's going to use it. She never was the shy sort, nor did she ever really learn how to back down.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Posting interest, warlock bc I never get to play in a game that lasts with one.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Since this is FR, is this set in a specific time period?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

d20 Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Nanes-Il
    "The Magician"
    True Neutral Half-Elven Sorcerer 6
    Character Sheet

When asked about her past, NANES-IL tells you that she was rraised by friends of her parents in the Dalelands. When her inborn magical aptitude came to light, she was "passed around like a pipe" until she made her way to a priestess of Azuth, who gave her a purpose in life.
    Since then, she has assisted with problems plaguing "borderland keeps", and contended with "winded and worthless riddles" before her journey took her back to the Dalelands, where she and other adventurers have agreed to search for missing persons.

Steady and confident Nanes-Il is an unforgettable person. She is one to ask for the fishing pole and not the fish, and also one to analyze a problem from different angles just as often as tackle it head-on. Her hair is golden-red, and she wears very loud and flamboyant clothing.

Legacy Text
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorcerer in Progress

Legacy Text
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reserving Space...

Quote Originally Posted by AscarothD View Post
    Also Hello Burning Spear (If you're the same one who I used to game with on Myth), Scary Wizard pointed me here :)

Yearp!
    Last edited by SCARY WIZARD; 2024-03-12 at 06:47 PM.
    "I don't want problems solved for me. I want the fishing rod, not the fish." -Yanni

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gwen Razorleaf

Halfling on a Mount with a Lance! and Spells!

Halfling druid. sillness
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

11. - Top - End - #11

Reserving Space

Question: What kind of application are you looking for beyond Character concept?

Background, personality, description etc? Or are you just taking flat Statblock and mechanics.
    I would like some character decription/backstory/personality. I don't have a strict formula for what is or isn't interesting, just tell me why your character would be cool to have in the group. Demonstrating decent writing skills would be a plus.

Finally, since this is Daggerdale, is it ok if we use any of the FR races Moon Elf, Shield dwarves etc.

I saw mention of the Regional feat, does that include bonus starting equipment?
    LA+0 variants of PHB races may be used. No bonus cash - by this point it's assumed to be folded into the 13k starting gold for 6th level characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnia View Post
    1367 DR, after the Time of Troubles but five years before the 3.0 FRCS. The most important bit is that the Zhentarim have been occupying Daggerdale for the last thirty years and Randal Morn is leading a resistance against them. Also, Bane is Comic Book Dead, so the Zhents worship Cyric right now.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2024-03-02 at 09:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Thanks for the reply.
    What are your thoughts on allowing the fighter Dungeoncrasher ACF from Dungeonscape and the Zhentarim Soldier ACF.

Thought is, the Zhentarim command pissed him off and he's now working for Lord Morn for revenge purposes. Thinking they killed his family as punishment for a failed mission. They would have killed him too, if he wasn't away from his home at the time they burned his home down.
    No to Dungeoncrasher, yes to Zhentarim Fighter.

Note though that the PCs haven't met Morn at the start of the adventure. They've been hired to look into things in Daggerdale. I would be okay with an ex-Zhentarim otherwise.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I'm thinking about building a ranger focusing on ranged combat but I'm away from my books at the moment. Probably going to be something close to ranger/scout swift hunter. Something simple. Is there a favored enemy I should take, or could I do organization like was introduced in one of the books as an acf?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Don't forget lance is 1d6 small, and it's a martial weapon that druids do not have proficiency with.
    If the DM allows, Strongheart halfling for the extra bonus feat.
    Thanks for the stronghart for proficiency idea.

I'll keep a medium sized Lance as a secret tactic though. Thanks.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Unless I wild shape into a medium animal with hands with a much better strength score. Then all the numbers will have to change.
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Reserving Space

Question: What kind of application are you looking for beyond Character concept?

Background, personality, description etc? Or are you just taking flat Statblock and mechanics.

Finally, since this is Daggerdale, is it ok if we use any of the FR races Moon Elf, Shield dwarves etc.

I saw mention of the Regional feat, does that include bonus starting equipment?

Also Hello Burning Spear (If you're the same one who I used to game with on Myth), Scary Wizard pointed me here :)
    Yes Ascaroth, the same one Thanks for remembering me, lol.
    How are you doing? long time no see/ speak

Thanks Scary Wizard for reffering me.

At Dm:
    I'd be interested in playing a corpse creature, or is that to far out?
    (it's like a fancier Zombie, not braindead, but also not special like Vampires and Litches, most people I have asked this question, agreed roughly that this template is worth of +1 LA, as it has no special abiilities other then undead, and it's stats arent special either +4 str/ -2 dex, +2 Nat. Armour)

Also; are Bab and saves fractional?
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-03 at 05:54 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Should be, yes.. can't remember the exact date though, google is our friend! (And a Dm that already answered it!, lolz)
    @spectralphoenix

Are skillpoints retroactive with permanent Int increase? (this greatly benefits non-wizards moreso then any other classes that work on Intelligence.

Are regional feats bonus feats? or we pay for them with our own normal allotment?
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-03 at 08:13 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    No to Dungeoncrasher, yes to Zhentarim Fighter.

Note though that the PCs haven't met Morn at the start of the adventure. They've been hired to look into things in Daggerdale. I would be okay with an ex-Zhentarim otherwise.
    Ex-Zhent, could that also be a Ex-Zhent that was allowed to become an Ex- for reasons the Zenth know/ allow, (so I could still get a prestige class? 9) Zhentarim Sky Mage 1, we could even refluff it to Hillsfarian Sky Mage)
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-03 at 06:05 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Yeah, but then you have to add the -2 penalty for Inappropriately Sized Weapons. You're attack bonus would be +2 not +4, while charging it would go back up to +4 though.
    Although, a 1 handed weapon (which a lance is whilst mounted, if I am correct) can be wielded one size bigger with 2 hands
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    1-2 Flaws ok? Traits?
    He said "no" earlier to flaws & traits when I asked.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

He said "no" earlier to flaws & traits when I asked.
    Yea, I skimmed past your question/ his answer, and realized it later after copy pasting my concept into my post, O well.. But what about Regional feats?

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Gwen Razorleaf

Halfling on a Mount with a Lance! and Spells!

Halfling druid. sillness
    sillyness!

And spelling!
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-03 at 06:18 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@spectralphoenix

It might be useful if you could detail which books you see as part of Core. Is it just the PHB as far as PCs are concerned, or does it also include the PHB II?

Also, will characters level up at all, or will they begin and end the adventure as lvl 6 characters?

23. - Top - End - #23

Ok, final question and thanks for the reply.
    An alternative to dungeoncrasher, since it's not allowed, if I can compliment the Zhentarim Fighter with the UA Thug variant. Trading medium and heavy armor for 4xint skills, and trade bonus feats for sneak attack progression.
    No, I'd prefer to avoid bringing in too much UA content.

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    I'm thinking about building a ranger focusing on ranged combat but I'm away from my books at the moment. Probably going to be something close to ranger/scout swift hunter. Something simple. Is there a favored enemy I should take, or could I do organization like was introduced in one of the books as an acf?
    I'm not sure if there's a clear choice for Favored Enemy. There's a lot of different enemy types to encounter, and even the Zhents aren't really the primary enemy. You will fight them a bit though, and I will allow Favored Enemy (Zhentarim), but not the rest of Urban Ranger. And just to clarify, if you also take FA(human), the bonuses do not stack.

Yes Ascaroth, the same one Thanks for remembering me, lol.
    How are you doing? long time no see/ speak

Thanks Scary Wizard for reffering me.

At Dm:
    I'd be interested in playing a corpse creature, or is that to far out?
    (it's like a fancier Zombie, not braindead, but also not special like Vampires and Litches, most people I have asked this question, agreed roughly that this template is worth of +1 LA, as it has no special abiilities other then undead, and it's stats arent special either +4 str/ -2 dex, +2 Nat. Armour)

Also; are Bab and saves fractional?
    Not sure where corpse creature is from, but per my previous ruling, races are limited to PHB races or FR variants with LA +0.

Fractional BAB/saves is fine.

Should be, yes.. can't remember the exact date though, google is our friend! (And a Dm that already answered it!, lolz)
    @spectralphoenix

Are skillpoints retroactive with permanent Int increase? (this greatly benefits non-wizards moreso then any other classes that work on Intelligence.

Are regional feats bonus feats? or we pay for them with our own normal allotment?
    Skill points are retroactive. You have to buy regional feats as normal.

Ex-Zhent, could that also be a Ex-Zhent that was allowed to become an Ex- for reasons the Zenth know/ allow, (so I could still get a prestige class? 9) Zhentarim Sky Mage 1, we could even refluff it to Hillsfarian Sky Mage)
    No. As mentioned in the alignment section, characters should be "Good or light-ish shades of neutral". I would also prefer to avoid bringing in PrC's outside of my initial allowed sources.
    Although, a 1 handed weapon (which a lance is whilst mounted, if I am correct) can be wielded one size bigger with 2 hands
    Not quite. You can wield a shield in addition to your lance when mounted. So you can't use a larger lance or do something other than hold a shield with your off hand, but you can get two-handed Strength and PA bonuses your shield, which is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @spectralphoenix

It might be useful if you could detail which books you see as part of Core. Is it just the PHB as far as PCs are concerned, or does it also include the PHB II?

Also, will characters level up at all, or will they begin and end the adventure as lvl 6 characters?
    At this point, I will allow PHB2 material as well.

In this adventure, you might or might not hit level 7. A lot of these older adventures are a bit more open, so it depends on what path the party takes. I might see about extending this to lead into the Return of Randal Morn questline if things go well, so it might be worth thinking about what you'd do in a few more levels, but no promises.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2024-03-03 at 09:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

No, I'd prefer to avoid bringing in too much UA content.
    SRD contains all the UA stuff, why if it's so easily accessible, are you against too much of it?
    Not sure where corpse creature is from, but per my previous ruling, races are limited to PHB races or FR variants with LA +0.
    Corpse Creature isn't a race, but O well..
    Fractional BAB/saves is fine.
    Okidoki
    Skill points are retroactive. You have to buy regional feats as normal.
    Okidoki
    No. As mentioned in the alignment section, characters should be "Good or light-ish shades of neutral". I would also prefer to avoid bringing in PrC's outside of my initial allowed sources.
    Crap, your killing my concept. Zhentarim Sky-Mage hasn't got any alignment restrictions, all you have to have is "good standing" with the mother organisation.
    Not quite. You can wield a shield in addition to your lance when mounted. So you can't use a larger lance or do something other than hold a shield with your off hand, but you can get two-handed Strength and PA bonuses your shield, which is pretty nice.
    That's weird, why can't you use the second hand to hold the 1 size larger lance, together with the main hand?

One generic question about the game; (and not to come accross as argumentative, but...)
    Why won't you allow setting books specifically Forgotten Realmsy when we are starting a game in Faeruhn?
    I do get the "keeping it somewhat simple" idea, but more restictions seem kinda needless imo, and I am having
    a hard time trying to figure out my concept but staying within the Complete "only" series...
    Corpse is not from Complete, I know that, lol. its from BoVD.
    Lirbis Mortis is also not on the table coz it's not "complete", meh.
    And none of the "Races" books?
    Also; Regional Feats are in Races of Faeruhn/ or the Campaign Setting, not any complete series book.

And note, I am building a L.N character.
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-03 at 10:58 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #25

My mistake on the lance rules, I was thinking of the PF version.

To be honest, I think you need to revisit your character concept. For one thing, it doesn't fit into the beginning-of-2e timeline of the adventure. Bane is dead, the Zhentarim mostly follow Cyric, who's only been a god for a few years, and the Shadovar are still on the plane of Shadow. For another, the idea of a character who is a member of the Zhentarim really just doesn't fit in with the adventure as written. An adventure, I hasten to add, which you requested by name.

As far as books go, I'm pretty familiar with Core+Complete+MIC so that's what I allowed. I made an explicit exception for regional feats and FR versions of races because I felt they were small and flavorful enough to be a nice add. I wouldn't have bothered writing out an allowed list of books if I was just going to approve everything anyway.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

My mistake on the lance rules, I was thinking of the PF version.

To be honest, I think you need to revisit your character concept. For one thing, it doesn't fit into the beginning-of-2e timeline of the adventure. Bane is dead, the Zhentarim mostly follow Cyric, who's only been a god for a few years, and the Shadovar are still on the plane of Shadow. For another, the idea of a character who is a member of the Zhentarim really just doesn't fit in with the adventure as written. An adventure, I hasten to add, which you requested by name.

As far as books go, I'm pretty familiar with Core+Complete+MIC so that's what I allowed. I made an explicit exception for regional feats and FR versions of races because I felt they were small and flavorful enough to be a nice add. I wouldn't have bothered writing out an allowed list of books if I was just going to approve everything anyway.
    I just think when Burning Spear made the request for a GM to run this game, his request included UA Content, Traits/Flaws etc. Guessing he had assumed that it should have been permitted.
    At least asking on a case by case doesn't hurt

anybody interested in hosting a 3.5,
    6th lvl party in Daggerdale around the
    Doom of Daggerdale's adv-timeline? :)
    Elephant in the room feats-rules,
    2 Flaws/ 2 Traits,
    40 point buy, Game?.

I'd like to play through the Doom of Daggerdale's
    adventure, set around 1358, then continuing on into
    the other classic Adv surrounding Zhentil Keep 2nd Ed.
    I just don't want to start as a lvl 1 mook, raising the
    starting lvl to 6 as play by post is slow in progression.
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-03-04 at 05:11 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Here is Delmuth Quibella, a wild elf from the Yuri. It's not complete as of this moment, but I wanted something to be posted so it was known that I am working on the character. My idea for Delmuth is that he will be an archer that stays hidden at the beginning of combat and will constantly be on the move, taking shots at enemies and then moving away from where he did so, trying to stay hidden to keep on having concealment while the front line fighters do their thing. He is merely their to support them. If we level up again I will be taking another level of Ranger to get an animal companion, I am not going to do anything crazy however and am instead thinking of just the elven dog from RoW if that is okay. It would be more of a pet as I would not be going out of my way to have it in combat when it could die, think of it like a hunting dog and that would basically be how I used it. I do understand though that RoW is not in the allowed sources and if you say no I plan on taking a Hawk or eagle instead and having it carry a lantern for us to light the way when it becomes dark.

For items I am thinking a bow, some special tipped arrows as we don't know what we will be facing, simple magical chain shirt, and something that grants me spider climb so I have mobility with my arrows and thus can try to stay at a good range from enemies, even if that means above them.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@spectralphoenix

I'm bandying a few concepts about, all intended as some sort of front line melee type. Two are completely in line with the allowed sources as far as I can tell - one is all about beating up spellcasters and stacking bonuses to resist spells and spell-like abilities, the other is all about debuffing a single target and scaring enemies with fewer HD before beating them up.

The third would require approval of the following sources and adjustments:
    - Allow the scout riposte ACF from the Cityscape web enhancement (replaces the skirmish class feature; I can PM you the text if you're not familiar with it)
    - Allow the Elf ranger 1 substitute level from Races of the Wild (this isn't critical, but it boosts skill points and gives a small boost vs. certain favoured enemies)
    - Allow the Swift Hunter feat from Complete Scoundrel to work with riposte instead of skirmish

Amusingly, this character has the same classes as dantiesilva's submission, but the aim is to make a melee buzzsaw instead of a sneaky ranged attacker.

I have a fourth character idea as well, but it's a lot more out there than any of the others, so I completely understand if it's not what you want brought into the game. It would require the following to work:
    - Allow the marshal class from Miniatures Handbook
    - Allow the aasimar heritage feats from Races of Faerun and/or the Godsight regional feat from Lost Empires of Faerun
    - Allow the Acolyte of the Skin PrC from Complete Arcane (it's from an allowed source and doesn't require the character to be evil, but he'd be walking around in the skin of a demon, so...yeah)

This character would still be a front liner, but packed with a bunch of spell-like abilities to and resistances for protection and to help out the party.

Please let me know if either of last two concepts could be allowed. If not, I'll happily submit one of the first two.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @spectralphoenix

I'm bandying a few concepts about, all intended as some sort of front line melee type. Two are completely in line with the allowed sources as far as I can tell - one is all about beating up spellcasters and stacking bonuses to resist spells and spell-like abilities, the other is all about debuffing a single target and scaring enemies with fewer HD before beating them up.

The third would require approval of the following sources and adjustments:
    - Allow the scout riposte ACF from the Cityscape web enhancement (replaces the skirmish class feature; I can PM you the text if you're not familiar with it)
    - Allow the Elf ranger 1 substitute level from Races of the Wild (this isn't critical, but it boosts skill points and gives a small boost vs. certain favoured enemies)
    - Allow the Swift Hunter feat from Complete Scoundrel to work with riposte instead of skirmish

Amusingly, this character has the same classes as dantiesilva's submission, but the aim is to make a melee buzzsaw instead of a sneaky ranged attacker.

I have a fourth character idea as well, but it's a lot more out there than any of the others, so I completely understand if it's not what you want brought into the game. It would require the following to work:
    - Allow the marshal class from Miniatures Handbook
    - Allow the aasimar heritage feats from Races of Faerun and/or the Godsight regional feat from Lost Empires of Faerun
    - Allow the Acolyte of the Skin PrC from Complete Arcane (it's from an allowed source and doesn't require the character to be evil, but he'd be walking around in the skin of a demon, so...yeah)

This character would still be a front liner, but packed with a bunch of spell-like abilities to and resistances for protection and to help out the party.

Please let me know if either of last two concepts could be allowed. If not, I'll happily submit one of the first two.
    To be honest, I think the DM really really wants us not to keep asking for stuff that is not on the approved list. I think the exception was being FR based things, since this is FR setting.
    So technically the planetouched lesser aasimar should qualify, but not the normal Aasimar, because they are no longer Outsiders and guess we can wait and see what they say about the other FR content.
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-03-04 at 04:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

The last character concept would indeed be a lesser aasimar. The things that would need to be approved are the ones I've listed, nothing else.