New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pirates of the Dragon Isles(IC)

Worm o' the Apple

This tavern, located in the docks region of Newtown, is a popular first stop for arriving crews. Captains quickly learn to blacklist the establishment and forbid their crews from going there. Crew members who do frequent the tavern often find they are unable to resume their duties the next day or even usually the next week.

The atmosphere in the tavern is conducive to heavy drinking and brawling. The layout of the bar has several wide open areas(great for brawling) and several tight chokepoints where accidental collisions often lead to brawls. The buxom waitresses run their own business on the side and the drinks vary from watered down to extremely intoxicating(which makes it difficult to tell how much you've had).

On this night, the night of the full moon, the tavern is full with the crew from 'The Stingray', a pirate caravel, which docked this afternoon. They are recruiting. The first mate has pulled one of the sturdy tables away from the wall and sits behind it like a desk. He has taken a section of parchment and draped it over the edge of the table like a banner. A banner bearing the skull and crossbones.

Today, the first mate, a half-elf, wears a new and clean set of fine cloths, blue tunic, highly polished long black boots. He has a large black hat sitting on the table, beside him. In place of his left hand is a silver three-pronged claw. As non-crew members enter the tavern, he waves them over and tries to press them into service.

"Ar, welcome matey. Fortune, Fame and a night with lovely Lucinda, await ye." He motions with his good hand to one of the serving wenches, a black haired beauty. He then gestures to another parchment and says, "Make yur mark and join the ship with the most insouciance to ever sail these seas. Ar."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-15 at 07:39 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Dragon Isles(IC)

Thunk Chunk

An overly large Hobgoblin shambles his way into the tavern, pushing smaller humanoids out of the way in order to get a good look around the tavern. The brute stands over six feet tall, with a powerful frame and taut muscle. His dark oranges skin and dreadlocked red-orange hair stand in contrast to the other bar patrons. A battlescarred though well made breastplate covers his body, but is mostly overlapped by a grog stained cloak. Something in his demeaner suggest a savageness that keeps some of the patrons from challenging him.

"Whar's the bloody half-elf eh?!"

Most of the patrons turn to look at him, and most of those growl in disgust. One of the serving wenches points towards the back table, and he thanks her with a lecherous grin and a slap on her arse. Pushing his way through to the table and growling at anyone who looks askance at him he slaps his hands down on the wood, shaking the entire frame.

"I be Thunk Chunk, and I be gettin' on yer crew ya skinny elf-blood!"

Before the first mate can say anything Thunk Chunk grabs the ink pot. He looks at it askance for a minute.

How did that merc say to write Thunk Chunk? Had to hit him before he'd tell me... Hrg.

Grinning, Thunk Chunk spills a good portion of the ink onto the page and begins drawing his name with one meaty finger.

I AM A HORSES ARSE

He slams the inkpot down onto the table, grabs a large tankard off the serving tray of another wench, steals a chair from another table, and sits down near the half-elf, grinning his sharp-toothed grin.

"Good ta be aboard elfy!"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2007-12-15 at 11:19 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3

The man to enter the bar immediately afterwards had only dreadlocked hair in common with his predecessor. Where Thunk Chunk was tall, Tulek Aguta was average, perhaps even short. Where Thunk was broad-shouldered and muscular, Tulek had an emaciated, dead-looking frame. Tulek had a handsome, darkly tanned face, with high cheekbones and an elegant jawline, contrasting to the dark orange, squared and scarred visage of the hobgoblin. The dreadlocks weren't even of the same colour; Thunk's were fiery, Tulek's was as black as the feathers of the raven he was named for. The thin dreadlocks, with many stray strangs of hair too straight to dreadlock properly, looked in the poor lighting of the bar almost like those feathers, in fact. In that same lighting, the deep-set eyes of the priest looked as black as his hair, holes like the sockets of the skeleton Tulek worshipped.

The figures do, however, have something else in common, though one's eyes would never catch it from the surface; both are here with the same destination. As Tulek saunters, steps long and measured, to the makeshift desk, glowers of rage and nods of appreciation come at him from the faces of the underworld that recognize his distinctively dreadlocked hair, distinctively priestly gate, and the even more distinctive, strangely pleasant smell of death that wafts around him like strange perfumes clinging to the gause of long-dead ancestors' mummified bodies.

The grim picture Tulek presents, garbed all in the black and green colours of Nerull, his patron deity, is broken a moment later when his eyes catch sight of the hobgoblin's "name" on the paper; I am a horse's arse. A jovial smile comes to his fine-featured featured face, and a youthful laugh splis the silence that seemed to follow his stride through the bar. To many of those from rival guilds and street gangs, who have come to fear the unseen spectre that appears with a giant skeleton by his side when they cross his guild, it is the first sign this man may be mortal, a common human. As Thunk takes his seat, the still-chuckling Tulek pens his name; Tulek Aguta. "Glad t'be aboard," he says. Lucinda gives him the same lascivious smile she, contractually, gives all customers. "Sorry, not my type," Tulek apologizes, still smiling politely as he, too, takes a seat.
    Last edited by VeisuItaTyhjyys; 2007-12-15 at 01:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

After TC signs and begins to walk away, "Ar, yes, ye are... good to have you aboard that is. We sail with the morning tide."

When the dark priest signs up, the first mate looks him over and says, "Yar, welcome. Ye ever be ta sea before?"

The first mate sits alone at his desk without so much as a single ale, though he does wave Lucinda and Katalina over several times. After awhile, the he begins to grow impatient to meet the goal the Cap'n set. The first mate twists his claw back and forth, tapping the table alternately between the first and third tines of his claw. As each newcomer signs up, the first mate warns, "Ar! Enjoy ye-self, but remember, we sail with the morning tide. Ar."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dorian

The tavern's patrons continue to wrestle and flail wildly as a red-headed dwarf slips in quietly through the front door with a large burlap sack in his hands and ducks under a table. Of course, most everyone at the bar is likely too intoxicated and self-absorbed to notice this, but if anyone does, their confusion is likely alleviated by the sound of at least a dozen members of the town guard rushing down the street just outside the establishment.

The red-headed dwarf climbs back up to his feet and brushes off his arms, legs, and beard. Straightening his simple brown tunic, he gathers his burlap sack and seems ready to head for the bar when a rapid tapping sound arises from the window next to him.

The dwarf's cheeks turn as red as the beard on his chin as he makes his way to the window and opens it. A large, gold-colored hawk flies in and lands on his shoulder, pecking him on the side of the head as it screeches in his ear.

Cooper, Cooper! Calm down there! Ye know I wasn't going to leave ye in that cage was I? It twas only by luck of me mother's beard that that guard fell asleep so close to me cell that i could borrow his key and let meself out. I was going to grab ye first thing, but ye were locked up in that big cage and this bag is so heavy... A deafening shriek from the bird makes the dwarf cringe. Well, looksee, yer safe now and we got what we came fer, He shakes the bag and the sound of clinking metal is heard, So let's all be thankful fer that, ay? Now we just have to find a way out of this town...

Dorian squints his eyes, trying to see through the smoky haze and mass of bodies that fill the building. Catching a glimpse of the skull-and-crossbones in the back of the room, he makes his way to the back table where the half-elf sits impatiently.

Lookin' fer shipmates are ye? Well it just so happens that Cooper has been struck by a sudden urge to travel, and the gods know that where he goes, this lonely dwarf has to follow, so sign us up! With this, the dwarf leans over the table, gives a hearty roar as he reads the signatures on the parchment, then adds Cooper and Co. to the bottom of the page.

Giving the first mate a smile, he hands back the quill, gathers up his burlap sack, and plops himself down directly between the two other signers. Turning to the enormous hobgoblin to his right, Dorian pokes his elbow.
    Let me guess, you must be Tulek, which would make the jolly fellow to my left the horse's arse.
    Who's that artsy anarchist?

6. - Top - End - #6

WolfInSheepsClothing

With all the spectacle caused by his two predecessors entering the tavern Karos warrants a deal less attention as he quietly enters. The confidence the other two entered in with is not apparent in Karos' shifing gaze and shuffling steps. To reassure himself he lifts his hand behind his back and feels the smoothness of his pride and joy and closest companion, his bow. Slightly more relaxed he makes his way to the table where the half elf sits. He smiles uncomfortably at the women and picks up the inkpen. "I hear you need a crew...I'm quite familiar with ships ma'self...," he trails off not knowing what else to say. Karos Stormborn he writes on the paper, adopting the name he had used since the shipwreck. It still hurt every now and then to see his family name. He made his way to a seat a bit away from the two already seated.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

7. - Top - End - #7

"I came from the farthest island north by canoe. I know the seas," Tulek assures the half-elf. Found me got there, too, on the waves," he adds, sitting down before further questions come. The half-elf begins tapping his hook, so Tulek assumes he evaded a religious discussion. Clerics of Nerull do not convert, as most try to; all men will someday be worshippers. The origins were somewhat private, and Tulek actually wished he hadn't brought them.

. . .

"I like t' think of meself as something of a horse's arse, too," Tulek tells Dorian, quickly craning his head to see what was written on the paper.But th' name was already taken. As for you lot, which is the Cooper and which is the Co?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Marcus

Marcus enters the tavern with Philippe in his shoulder, and heads over to the Half-elf with determination. "'eard someone wuz lookin' for a piratin' crew. Tha'd be you?" asks Marcus, as Philippe flies over to pearch on Thunk Chunk's head. "Looks from yer paper tha' it would indeed. Think I'd be signin' up then. 'Sure I'll be more useful than yer 'orses arse." he continues as he signs Marcus Reln.

He walks over to Thunk Chunk and scolds his familiar. "Ge' off tha 'obgobln's 'ead ya sky porpoise!"

"'Obgobln's 'ead? Tha'd be nonsense. I be standin' on a cloud. Replies Philippe, as Marcus looks at Cooper and Dorian jealously.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

9. - Top - End - #9

Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk takes a lazy swing at the bird above his head.

"Get offa me ya little snack."

The swing didn't connect though, as Thunk Chunk was thinking too deeply about what had just been said. Words collided into other words in his head and an unsettling picture had begun to form. The familiar's words were apt indeed, as thunderclouds could easily be seen on the big Hobgoblin's head.

"Waitta sec... Tulek... TULEK!?" The last word comes out in a roar, "That bastard Baston lied to me! He said that spelled Thunk Chunk!"

As quickly as the rage enters him, eyes almost popping in their red tinted glow and hands gripping his chair so hard that it creaked under the pressure, he settles giving a great guffaw and knee slap.

"Bwahahaha, he got me good!" Thunk Chunk turns to Tulek and offers him a grin full of sharp teeth, "I won't be holdin' it against ya, death man, 'snot yer fault that son of a merrow tricked me with yer name. Though I be spittin' him on me sword next time I sees him."
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2007-12-15 at 09:09 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dorian

Raising an eyebrow at Thunk's outburst, Dorian turns to Teluk.
    He's Cooper, and his keeper. Dorian Ungart at ye service.

Cooper doesn't acknowledge the dwarf's comment and continues making slow spirals in the air around the strange talking bird, making it seem as though Thunk's skull has an orbit.

Cooper! Ye stop botherin' that there hobbie and get down here now! Dorian shakes his fist at the hawk, who swoops down to give him a peck on the skull before returning to float around the hobgoblin's head.

Gods, sometime I don't know who's the master and who's the familiar... He opens the burlap sack, revealing an assortment of silverware, and tilts it towards Teluk. Wanna spoon?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tennin wanders up to the man with the paperwork, addressing the man.

"Aye, ole Tennin Fowler here, formerly of Neptune's Grace. Lemme sign thar ledger... Its been a might too long I been landlocked."

He turns to the barkeep. "Ahoy, thar! I needs me some rum, and none of that thar watered down stuff you serve the wee ones!" He slaps some money on the table.

Afterwards, he turns around, leaning on the bar, eyeing the crowd. To nobody in particular, he mumbles aloud "hrm... a storm's a-brewing..."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The first mate raises an eyebrow at Tulek's canoe comment, "Ar, canoes not really a seaworthy vessel, ye must be a lucky as Kilroy 'imself to have survived."

When the dwarf signs up, the first mate says, "You little man, have ye any pirating experience? The cap'n woe'na be to pleased to see another bird fly'n round. We go 'nuf trouble with them pesky flying rats, we do."

Once Karos arrives and signs up, the first mate says, "Ar, the cap'n be happy to have the likes of ye on board. Ar, yes he will." When he sees da new crew just sittin'round, he waves Lizzy over to them to take their drink orders, saying, "First rounds on the Cap'n, it is."

When Marcus arrives with another bird, and signs up, the first mate says, "Ar. This isn't an Ark, ye know. At least a parrot's a good pirating bird. Ar. Welcome to the crew of 'The Stingray'."

Just after Marcus joins everyone else, Lizzy, a short, but well endowed wench with red curly hair, arrives at the table with a tray. She sets down 5 flagons of ale. She walks around the table to stand beside Karos. She puts her arm around him, leaning seductively in and says, to the whole table, "If ye, be needing anything else, just be askin".

After Tennin walks in and signs up, Lizzy, still hanging on Karos says, "Aiy, laddie, I'll fetch it for ye.". Lizzy wanders off with Tennins cash, but soon returns with his rum.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-16 at 10:54 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So, I see yonder boat has no fishing lines nor skrimshaw... Tell me, what manner of vessel be she? And while ye at it, maybe you can be tellin' us when we leave port?" Tennin says knowingly.

14. - Top - End - #14

"The god of death be a fine protector," Tulek said, "Since that's what you're wanting to avoid, most of th' time." As Dorian and the first mate talk over birds, Tulek asks "Willn't a second bird end up eating th' rats?"
    . . .
    "Unique sense of humour, y'ave," Tulek tells Thunk Chunk without a hint of irony or disingenuity.
    . . .
    Tulek gives a nod of thanks, and reaches out to take a spoon. "Never know when you might be needing one, do yeh?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Bah, god of death indeed... If we be on the water, ye be best to be sendin' a prayer to Obad-Hai, who be true master of the seas. He be the one responsible for all things natural... and death be a natural thing too."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

When Terrin doesn't show the proper respect, the first mate, leaps to his feet and slams his clawed hand to the table, sinking the center claw in a good inch. The first mate growls at Mr. Fowler, "Boat? Y'well learn soon enough to show 'er proper respect. That there, be a pirate ship, a caravel, ana' darn feisty one. 'The Stingray', be 'er name."

The first mate then calls out to Lizzy, "None for that one", nodding his head towards Mr. Fowler. As he sits down, he's got a bit of smirk on his face and he mutters something under his breathe.

17. - Top - End - #17

"I'm not inclined to doubting Obad-Hai's power on the seas, even power over death, but Undeath's nothing of nature, and it's where my path's to lead." Tulek's bony visage seems to stand out that much more, in light of the comment, to those around him. His speech of undeath doesn't seem to be hollow boasting; he looks already to be half-way there. "Between the both of our gods, though, I can't imagine to hear of better protection for a crew."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tennin just grumbles under his breath at that.
    [OOC: my bad!]

19. - Top - End - #19

WolfInSheepsClothing

Karos, always flustered around women, blushed fiercely at Lizzy's closeness, but he managed a smile nonetheless. He remembered back when his father paid for his first night with a woman. It had been a while and he wouldn't mind the company again. Trying his hardest to appear confident he said to her, "I..ah..I'll sure to be takin you up on that missie."

After that Karos sat back and watched those who were coming in. He felt a little nervous around the cleric of Nerull but who wouldn't with someone whose life was focused around death. He enjoyed the personality some of the others showed. Always one to sit back, Karos enjoyed there to at least be entertaining people to watch.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

20. - Top - End - #20

Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk growls in annoyance. He'ds finished his drink already and the bird spinning around his head was making him dizzy.

"Ya blasted pidgeon, just land already, there's plenty o' room up there."

Not one to notice the irony of his statements Thunk Chunk goes back to absorbing the conversations around him. Turning to Terrin he gives a chuckle and thumps him on the shoulder with a huge fist.

"Ya never been a freebooter before wave-talker? Good thing you joined with Thunk Chunk," He swats himself with the same meaty fist, "I be knowin' a good deal about bein' a pirate. It be mostly about guttin' yer enemy before he does ya in, then taking his goods an' gold." He pauses, almost mumbling something as he does heavy mathematics, then winks at the cleric "An' wenchin', of course."

That said, Thunk Chunk reaches over and gives the girl named Lizzy a not-so-subtle pinch.

"''Nother tankard wench, I be always drinkin' me fill before heading out on the waves."

He finally settles back into his seat and flicks a lock near to the sitting bird.

"Ya got comfort up there pidgeon?"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2007-12-16 at 03:37 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aye, I been a seafairin' 'fore now, though none-too-long. Been a privateer for a bit, too, though not on the, ehm, 'sanctioned' side of it, if ye know what I means...

"I finds me abilities to be useful to most seafaring crews, as Obad-Hai has found grace enough in ole Tennin to entrust healing abilities."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I had something in my backstory about having some seafaring experience, but slipped when I typed "boat", is all. 1 rank in profession: sailor.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

Marcus

"Good piratin' bird? Yeah, he sure is, long as he remembers who's in charge. 's like tha dwarf says, familiars seem ta have trouble rememberin' tha' they're s'posed to do what they're told. 'least Cooper keeps his mouth shut." replies marcus as he grabbed a knife out of Dorian's bag. "Get off his 'ead afore I decide I need some target practice ye foul fowl!" he shouts at Philippe, who actually does so this time, flying over to drink a good amount of Marcus's beer instead. Marcus returns the knife and smiles, "I doubt he'll be sayin' anything he wouldn't normally say. 'least he can't talk while he's drinkin'."
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizzy, hanging on Karos, smiles and says, "Oh, he's a shy one, is he?" She rubs her hand across Karos' chest while rubbing her ample chest against his shoulder. At his suggestion, she gets a wicked grin, hops up, and turns around to face him again. She leans way down, giving him a nice view of her assets and giving Thunk Chunk a nice view of her other assets. She begins to whisper in Karos' ear when Thunk Chunk makes his move.

*pinch*

Lizzy jumps and yelps. Her sudden action causes Philippe to suddenly take to the air as 'his' flagon of ale is knocked down drenching both Tulek and Terrin's pants. Lizzy moves quickly, stepping to put Karos in between Thunk Chunk and her. She leans in behind Karos, her warm breathe on his neck, "Are you going to let him get away with that?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-16 at 07:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dorian

Sauntering over to the first mate who had dared question his knowledge of the seas, Dorian takes a deep breath:
    Aye laddie, you best be tipping yer peg-ear starberd and be listenin' to me! Me grandfather was born onna crestin' wave, me father was born onna tsunami, and I was born onna bloody TYPHOON! I'm part sahuagin and under this beard I've got gills, and if ya believe that then I've got a plank I want ya to see the end of! Sea-farin' experience, I'll just let ye know, if at any time durin' our voyage ye get a wee bit seasick, Cooper can take over fer ya, and he'll do a better job ye scurvy dog-son of a bilgerat!

Puffing out his chest and swaggering back over to stand between Marcus and Tulek, Dorian leans over to whisper in the death priest's ear.
    Never been asea a day in me life, this should be fun...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ulfgar

Ulfgar sits swaying to and fro at the bar. He has two pints of ale, one in each hand. He spins around in his chair after hearing several minutes worth of conversation going on behind him.
    What is going on over there? so many ars and yars. Could it be the pirates I've been looking for.?

Ulfgar hops down gracefully to the ground despite the hours upon hours of drinking that has just commenced. He walks over to the table with the skull and crossbones flag.

Is this the pirate table i've been looking for? Well if its an adventure on the sea you are promising, you can count me in." The dwarf looks around for a sec and writes his name Ulfgar Stonefist on the paper. He turns around to join the others but then quickly looks back "Oh yeah! Ar!" Ulfgar smiles and turns to sit with the rest of the crew, both pints of ale still in his grasp.

As he turns he sees the nonsense with the wench that just ensued. He smiles awkwardly and thinks to himself...Man this sure is going to be a grand adventure. Who knows what kind of things I will get to learn. That hobgoblin sure is big. I wonder if he would want to wrestle sometime?...
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2007-12-16 at 08:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

"It's like th' land, 'cepting that every chair is a rocking chair," Tulek says to the Dwarf.

. . .

"I guess the living still excite me more than I thought," Tulek quips swiftly, cutting short the bar patrons about to make one joke or another about the wet lap of the priest's pants. Turning to Terrin with his firendly, yet eerie grin, Tulek adds "Seems neither nature nor death c'n protect yeh from a mug of spilt ale," with a youthful, boyish laugh. I think they can both avenge it, though," he said with a wink and pouring motion; create water was a spell virtually every cleric knew, and they could make gallons, more than enough to compensate for one mug of ale. "What say you, Teninn Fowler, a splash for the lass?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

After Dorian's outburst the First Mate just smiles for a few moments and then says, "Ar. Ye be fulla spunk you be. Mighty generous of you to volunteer to clean the barnacles from the keel. Yur gills be coming in mighty handy."

He begins to tap out a funeral march on the table with his clawed hand, "Ar. Insolent bunch ye be turnin out to be. Yule learn soon 'nuff that the sea is not an easy life an tha the Cap'n has to be brutal to maintain discipline."

Ar. Live it now, for tomorrow you shall die, or at least wish you was dead.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tennin Fowler

"Aye, a splash indeed...
    Tennin crosses his arms and leans back in his chair, watching events unfold. "Eh, perhaps tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Aye! Brutal he may be, but he will be nothing compared to the discipline I learned at the monastery. Bring on this challenge. No man or sea will break me." Ulfgar speaks directly to the First Mate than takes a swig from each of his pints. Ulgar looks into both curiously.No more Ale,eh. Hmmm...
    "Hey missy. Could i bother ye for two more pints? Put it on the orange one's tab."

30. - Top - End - #30

Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk whips his head around and gives a toothy grin to the thirsty dwarf. In matters of drink his mind was like quicksilver.

"Me tab eh? Ya gonna give me a reason to let ya do that?"

He sizes the dwarf up. With muscles as thick as his own and hands so heavily worn they looked like teak he'd be a good challenge. He points over to one of the areas of the floor reserved for brawling and wrestling. One of them has just become empty.

"What ya say, loser buys the drinks?"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2007-12-17 at 03:36 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show