New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Bardic Masterpieces

Pathfinder has something called Masterpieces, which are essentially specialized musical magic for bards. A lot of fun and interesting effects there, however their power is wildly fluctuating, and there really doesn't feel like much of a reason to choose a masterpiece that emulates casting flesh to stone with jokes over the one that allows you to get immunity to a lot of negative status effects.

However, there may be a solution. For sorcerers to get access to some utility spells that they would otherwise have to ditch due to their limited spell slots, there's the magical item of "Page of Spell Knowledge".

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent magical item for Masterpieces.

Now of course, I could just copy the page of spell knowledge and calculate it based on the spell level you would have to give up to grab a Masterpiece, but before I do that, I want to know if anyone knows if there already is some sort of system to create Masterpiece instruction booklets out there.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bardic Masterpieces

With a generous reading of the rules, you can use the Paragon Surge spell to temporarily learn a masterpiece. However, this is not normally a bard spell.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!