New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

One small snag in my plan is I didn't realize punishment was only performed on the daily life stage and part of my big plan was to get punished. No matter, because I can't be punished anymore I will just quote away. Btw folks this means ISOs are open again.

You are part of the White team. You win if every member of the Black team dies.

You are the **Ultimate Moral Compass**
    You are always part of the White team.
    You cannot become blackened. You cancel every action from other players that could conceivably cause you to become blackened.
    The first time Monokuma should punish you, he publicly reveals your identity and Ultimate talent instead.
    So yes, I did set it up to look like I had been blackened. And it is possible for the Black team to have gotten the blackened text by asking, that is how I got it. If you look back at an earlier post (I will find the exact one when I am not on my phone at 3 AM) you will see some lines I put in black color. Those specifically are lyrics from a song called Moral Compass, a song I referenced to point back to later.

I was also repeatedly bringing up the idea of blackening removal or immunity. So honestly at this point the vote is either the other white team member gives me enough to trust them.

Or I basically flip a coin to figure out who I am siding with.

Or the last white team member sides with the wolf I guess but neither of you are stupid.

So balls in yalls court, and apparently punishments are off the table.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...okay. Fine. So I'm not mechanically clear any more.

I don't see why what you said makes me more likely to be a wolf than Zelphas though.

Trying to construct a town!Zelphas/wolf!Athedia world that makes sense mechanically. It requires the Ultimate Manipulator to have some means of giving false investigation results for previous night phases to someone whose investigations can't be disrupted (I presume your passive also applies to past crime scene investigations, Zelphas?) or to make others kill for them despite the fact we've already flipped a different wolf with that power... actually now I think about it if I were manipulated into killing I'd be blackened, and I'm not, so that possibility doesn't hold either. Unless bladescape was somehow manipulated into killing himself which I think is... improbable.

And even if that's the case it also requires the Ultimate Manipulator to be Athedia and to have self-targeted with some action so she was targeted by the Ultimate Manipulator as my power says, and it also requires that night's kill to have been blocked some other way unless we're proposing wolf!Athedia tried to kill herself gambling I'd protect her which seems. Implausible at best. Honestly Athedia if you did that and it worked out then congratulations, enjoy your victory.

So yeah. Zelphas, can you construct a plausible town!me/wolf!Athedia world fypov? If not I think that means we're back to where we started, Athedia is town and the last wolf is either me or Zelphas.

Athedia, I've revealed everything I have mechanically, but if you want me to put together a wolf!Zelphas case or explain anything I've done this game or have any questions lmk. I will try to do some of that stuff regardless but RL time constraints being what they are I can't promise anything, so it's probably best that I prioritise what you want me to do.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #363

I want to see your best White Snowblaze/Black Zelphas.

And the reverse for Zelphas of course.

For more context on my lies and general weirdness with opinions, I needed to stay in the game til end game. As long as I was alive White Team couldn't lose due to Blackening.

Tomorrow I will probably work on a look at yalls actions and patterns with the known wolves. Also look back at the day BCH was executed and look at both scenarios.
    ...I should be asleep

- - - Updated - - -

What do we think the ultimate manipulators power does?

- - - Updated - - -

I missed something obvious but waiting on yalls breakdowns first

4. - Top - End - #364

Zelphas explain post 298 please, where you state that you know Athedia can't be the killer. Yes there can't be more wolves and you and now sure I am?

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay. Why I am town, "I don't actually have time to write this" edition.

- I have a verifiable claim; technically we don't have hard proof because no-one else targeted my protection targets except the night the Ultimate Manipulator targeted Athedia and I, uh, somewhat doubt that said Ultimate Manipulator particularly wants to come out and confirm that. But if anyone had targeted someone I was claiming to protect I would have been outed as a liar, and that has not occurred.

- there was no kill the-first-half-of-last-night-phase, and my power is the only explanation for that - neither Athedia nor Zelphas has a power that could block a kill and Caoimhin was sulking so couldn't use theirs

- I don't treat my partners the way I treated Dakrsidder and MossDragon this game. I basically just passively sat back and let them both die, which is the worst option for wolf!me to take: I have the disadvantage of losing a partner without even the compensation of towncred for bussing

- I definitely don't play the day-Moss-died-with-the-LyLo-regulation the way I did. People were definitely talking about me/Moss as a pairing there, and I honestly expected to be eliminated the following day. That means wolf!me's best hope at victory is to present a sufficiently convincing case on someone who isn't Moss, which I made no attempt to do.

- it makes zero sense for wolf!me to kill Caoimhin last night. She would have known Caoimhin and Athedia were blackened (or believed that to be the case, anyway) and thus assumed that the reason the game was still ongoing was that Zelphas was bluffing about being blackened by the BCH kill and killed him. (And if she somehow knew your role, she would have killed you.) (Yes I know it's also pretty hard to explain why wolf!Zelphas killed Caoimhin by the same logic. I'm making the argument anyway.)

That's about all I can think of otoh. I'm probably not out of my wolfrange on the strength of my ISO alone, but that is basically impossible for me to accomplish that without dedicating far more time than I have to a game these days. But I do think a lot of the things that have happened this game are just... not sound strategic choices for wolf!me to make.

Wolf!Zelphas case will probably be tomorrow since I will actually have to reread stuff to make it. lmk if you want me to clarify or elaborate on anything.

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #366

I was just rereading Bladescapes abilities and it very specifically says for Ultimate Magician that the swap only swaps stuff that was *specifically targetting*. Which means you Snow were likely bladescapes crush. The wolves targetted you, and you were protecting Bladescape. Your protect got swapped to Zelphas, but the wolf attack against you wasn't something that specifically targetted bladescape, it was a knock on effect of being his crush. So you were spared, Bladescaped died and it fell down in Zelphas's favor.

That day was the one day that wasn't squaring for me. Why would the wolves target their own and how would Zelphas have been the original target. But on a closer reading it makes sense.

Zelphas was the one to bring us the name ultimate manipulator as well.

So... either Snow you are on my team and after the game I will deeply apologize for pushing so much at the end.

Or you are the wolf and it was another masterful play. But you are correct in that your behaviors haven't super lined up with distancing yourself and if I was willing to keep lying about being blackened there is no reason the wolves wouldn't.

Zelphas unless I get a totally 100% flawless breakdown.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I don't have a flawless breakdown. I don't think I even have a breakdown at all, really.

I was the first one to push dakrsidder on the Trial that caught them, but there was probably enough evidence beforehand for Snowblaze to retroactively say that I was cutting off a scum "buddy" of mine that was already revealed.

I didn't vote against Mossdragon at first, and changed my vote last-minute, which probably looks like it counts against me as well.

Athedia, your reveal as the Ultimate Moral Compass is credible enough to me to switch my vote to Snowblaze, on the slightest hope that my day one tunneling was actually right after all and they are really the last wolf.

I bungled this game enough already, and I'm too tired to make a valid case. Let's just get this over with.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Athedia, no need to apologise, being incorrectly suspected is part of the game and I don't think you've been unfair to me. Also I am lowkey mad at myself for not figuring out the bladescape thing. If I had a nickel for every time bladescape and I have had a doomed romance ending in his death, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's strange that it's happened twice.

In Zelphas's defence (even though that's against my interests atp, lol) I have also confirmed the existence of the Ultimate Manipulator. Which means he gave the actual name of his Black talent rather than making something up... eh. Don't think that's enough to tip the scales, for me at least.

Anyway. Wolfcase. Might not do the full thing because lack-of-time but I can at least manage a couple of paragraphs.

I think the main thing is that his entire claim feels very convenient. "My investigations can't be disrupted" is basically the perfect fakeclaim for a wolf - or possibly even a truthful claim as a wolf, since that power would be pretty useful in allowing wolves to gain information while shutting down town's ability to do so simultaneously. But it's difficult to test and gives the option for a fake result to screw someone over.

I'm majorly biased here but the part where he claimed I killed bladescape is also kind of suspicious. "So, yeah, I have this whole other power I never mentioned, and now it's endgame I've used it to prove that this fairly suspected player is a wolf". It feels kind of tunnelly to add the fact he never claimed any other results from that power to the list - actually wait I'm not sure that even holds, wasn't it every night before the bladescape death the killer was probably Dakrsidder who was sulking - okay, fine, that point's invalid. But yes, it is Convenient(TM).

Also there's the question of "why is he still alive". If he's town wolves could probably have deduced his power (at least the "investigations can't be disrupted" part) several phases ago, and that kind of power would be pretty high on wolf!me's "kill asap" list, and yet... here he is in F3.

And the whole part where he suddenly turned round and suspected you... that doesn't seem like believable progression from "my investigations prove Snowblaze is the killer" at all. I think it makes a lot of sense from the perspective of a wolf who suddenly realises "wait, no, if I'm claiming to be blackened and I 'know' Athedia is blackened then the only explanation for the game still being ongoing is that Snowblaze is town and not blackened" and panics because they've accidentally locked themselves into a 1v1 with "confirmed town".

Plus Caoimhin's and my investigations from when bladescape (I think it was bladescape?) died said the killer was hanging out in the Cafeteria, and Zelphas is the only one who was hanging out there that night and hasn't died and flipped town.

If I get time and motivation in the next few hours I might do some more. Probably not though, so hope this is sufficient.

Extended Signature