New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron - First Inn, First Out

Yes, let's rest here, for at least the night. We'll try to figure this out in the morning. I'll take a watch, but a few more would be useful, at least we only need a few down in this cellar.

He stood up, off of the wall and began his slow shamble down into the cellar.

Does everybody have everything? Wouldn't want to forget anything so that those crazy little.....weasel ferret things could get them.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

2. - Top - End - #182

Father Porter

"Aye. I have everything. I do not, however, think we should waste the opportunity to rest in some kind of comfort. I'll be back soon."

With that, I run upstairs and acquire several blankets and pillows and pass them out to the group once we are all downstairs.

"Well, since we are going to bed, I'll be praying for my spells now, and then get them when I awake. That said, is anybody else in need of any more healing? I can spare one more healing for somebody who needs it."

Once back downstairs, I ensure that my new...pet's cage is very secure, and bed down for the night.

OOC: If anyone needs more than 50% of their hp restored, I'll use bless as a spontaneous cure spell, saving divine favor in case we are attacked that night and need a healed killing machine. Also, I edited my post to reflect my pre-agreed upon time to pray for spells. Can I assume that I can pray for them before bed, and they will be granted to me when I awake?
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-06 at 12:44 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

3. - Top - End - #183

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC: Please make a post in the OOC thread if you have nothing further to add and have not posted yet that day.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 4/6(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf sets his pallet up right beside the entrance to the cellar. "I'll do my best to keep an ear an' an eye out for us. Just in case," Syd says with a shrug as he settles down, still armored and holding his sheathed rapier right next to him. "Unless someone wants ta take a peak in the wine cellar with me," he offers with a wide grin.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

Carmot looks towards Syd, his head tilted a little in curiosity. "Wine cellar?" He thinks a bit. "Oh, a place to store wine to let it age and improve in quality." He says in realization. "I doubt that an inn would have such a thing, most consumables would doubtlessly be brought in on regular shipments."

He then says, "I think I would be best suited for keeping watch, my body cannot be restored from the weakening attacks inflicted on me without magical repair... for some reason. I don't require sleep so I can keep watch while you all get rest."

He looks over at the barred door.

"Though... from what I know of the buildings layout, that door leads out of the building... and since this basement was designed as a safe haven from whoever might attack the inn I imagine that it leads to another safe place or an outside entrace. Like some kind of emergency escape tunnel."

He turns to the others, "We could try exploring it a little ways to see how far this strange light goes. If we run into trouble we could return here. Though getting a good nights rest first might be best."

If the others decide to rest until morning, he finds a spot where he can see the entrance they came in and the cage with the weasel, his loaded crossbow an his hand and pointed toward the ground. He tries to stay as inactive as possible while still keeping a decent eye on the door and the weasel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

6. - Top - End - #186

I'd say we stick around for awhile. I don't want to get attack by those damned......things again! If we rest, we can, finally! go explore a little bit and try to find a way out of this hole...

Pulling out a blanket from the ones that the father brought, he sets up a cot to watch the doors.

I can take a shift. he grumbles.

If no one is going to do anything else today, he'll set up his 'bed' with his weapons next to it, and prepares to rest.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

He wasn't particularly interested in resting and in truth, didn't plan to sleep for the full eight hours. He doubted that his team mates would agree, but he wanted to get a good lay of the land before traipsing off, and wasn't in the mood to argue with them on the point. If they didn't have a good understanding of what was occuring out there before they left they could walk into a trap. If the warforged were "asleep" because he didn't really know what to say on the matter of warforged sleeping habbits, he wouldn't be able to do anything of the sort: he couldn't just abandon them, but if they were awake than he had a plan. Very, very quietly he would take a quick look around and then come back.

"I'll take second watch. Many eyes decrease the chance we'll get weaseled." That was also the truth.

He settled into sleep.

OOC: He'll do the rope thing, it seems like a good plan and don't worry I have a reason for him to think of it. >__>;;

Oh and he took everything, including the healing water and the sack (if it is no longer in use).

8. - Top - End - #188

WolfInSheepsClothing

After preparations are completed. The majority of the party attempts to catch some more sleep.

As an hour passes, you will notice that it is actually very difficult to properly drift off. The best you can do is to feel really, really groggy.

Close to the 2nd hour mark, a shrill squealing arises from the pot/cage. The weasel must have awoken. If someone should choose to do so, they can easily find blankets and other fabric to muffle the sound of the squealing. The rest of the party will be able to tune the sound out and keep resting, as they only need physical relaxation.

There are no further interruptions for the rest of the 8 hours. The shadowy illumination is unwaveringly constant, and not a single sound is heard, other than from inside the cellar.

{OOC:
    Despite the inability to sleep, the party's rest is unaffected. If someone is willing to sacrifice their rest, they can attempt an 8 hour heal check, DC 15, to double the HP and ability damage healed. (Only one person can attempt this check, although it can be aided, if necessary. You can "Take 10" on it.) Otherwise, everybody who rests, that can do so, will only regain 1 of each.

If somebody wants to try to do something else during the night, they're free to do so as well.}

9. - Top - End - #189

Father Porter

"All right, 'Oh Shadow Weasle Overlord,' you shall be fed, for no other reason than for study, and now, I shall leave you in silence."

I put some leftover trail rations inside the 'cage' (meaning, I drop it through the top grate), and use the extra blankets and pillows to muffle his shrill cries.
    I summarily go back to bed.

Upon waking, I go over my list of spells for the day, ensuring that I have them all, and then use 1 Turn Undead attempt on the weasle to see if it is affected. Regardless the outcome, I await the rest of the group to wake up and let them know the results.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-08 at 12:23 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Richard

((OOC: Nerf this is someone does something different.))

He fell into a slight sleep, drifting in between waking and the world of dreams. He was in the battle again, but this time there was a thick mist. Yellow eyes, pale as the moon, fierce as an animal, stared at him wherever he looked. There was only one, but it followed him, no matter where he turned. At his feet purple shadowy rodents growled at him, but gorged on the flesh of the dead and not him. A silverly light hung in the distance. He wasn't alone, he was in a platoon. Gawair was shot through the eye, the shaft of the arrow deep into his skull. Kilo, a warforged, head looked up to him, unmoving. He must have been hacked off with an axe. Carter's head was crushed in as if someone had took a club too it, his long beard flowing into a river. But there was no enemy, where was the enemy, all there was were the rats and the eyes, big as plates with no face, nose, or hair.

Riiichard.

A rat attacked his legs.

He awoke with a cold sweat and a startled but quiet, 'ha' as if he was having trouble breathing before. The rat's squeals had awoken him from his unpleasant dream. Privately he thanked the evil rodent. He was dressed in his armor, sword and shield by his side, and on his neck there was a silver flame.

He was silent in the night.

11. - Top - End - #191

WolfInSheepsClothing

{OOC:
    Guys, it's a minor plot element that you actually CAN'T get any sleep. You can rest. And after you do so you'll feel a little healthier and refreshed. But you can't completely drift off.

Again, you don't need sleep for spell recovery, just rest. In case the resident non-divine caster was wondering.}

Padre lifts his symbol up and a brief shine pierces the cellar. The weasel practically ignores it, though it may be shrieking a little louder.
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-08 at 11:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

HP: 4/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

Having never truly slept or dreamed, the warforged sees no difference in his rest now than any other time, though the strange light is still odd.

Carmot looks at the tiny creature, checking to see if it eats the scraps father Porter provided it.

"Interesting, it either desires freedom or sustenance... I suspect that it and the others like it were trying to gain sustenance from us when they attacked, and there was also light when they attacked."

He gets out his lantern and tries lighting it again with his flint and steel, holding the lamp near to the cage with the weasel, but being careful to not let his fingers near the beast.

"We know that light sources seem to either fail to light or go out in this area... could be connected with this strange glow, the mist outside, or the creatures. I doubt the creature would gain sustenance from lamp-light but it is worth a test, they do seem to be made of shadow."

After examining the creature, he looks at the door and turns to the others. "Should we proceed this way or recheck the upstairs?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just say that Carmot cast Repair Light Damage on himself before they all rested so he's now with 4 hp and all infusion slots replenished
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-01-09 at 01:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Father Porter

"Hmmm. Well, for good measure, we should check the upstairs, in the unlikely event that we find somebody else. I tell you what, I'll run upstairs, do a quick sweep of the areas we didn't check, and come back down to meet you all before we head off into the cellar. Oh, and I did feed the thing last night. I decided to keep it around, so if we get out of here, we can study it, or have it studied."

I run upstairs, open the doors, look around, and assuming that I find nothing else of note, jog back downstairs and catch up with the group in the cellar.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2008-01-09 at 08:22 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

14. - Top - End - #194

WolfInSheepsClothing

Scraps still remain at the bottom of the cage.

The lantern fails to light just as before. The weasel shows no real reaction, except to become more aggressive as it sensed something approaching.

The upstairs area is as you left it. No one seems to be around.
    Last edited by Theli; 2008-01-09 at 09:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Syd
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 5/7(normally 8 max, dadgum Con loss); AC: 12 (ff 10, t 12)

The dwarf grins at his companions. "We ready to actually do somethin' now? Let's check this door, and proceed from there, possibly outside, dependin' on what we find beyond," he offers with a nod towards the unopened door as he moves towards it, laces his fingers together and cracks them outward, then begins inspecting it for any traps or wardings.

Spoiler
    Show
    So how much HP and Con did we get back? 1 or 2?
    Search: (1d20+8)[10]
    Disable Device: (1d20+6)[9]
    EDIT: Oh, boy! Die Roller seems angry with me this morning...
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-01-09 at 09:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

As no one volunteered to step up on the heal check, it's 1 HP and 1 CON regained. I'd still allow it if someone wants to...

Syd:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: This is why you take 20. :D

Well, you rolled. And you didn't find anything odd. It seems to just be a simple door on hinges that opens inward, but is barred by the wooden crossbar.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

As no one volunteered to step up on the heal check, it's 1 HP and 1 CON regained. I'd still allow it if someone wants to...

Syd:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: This is why you take 20. :D

Well, you rolled. And you didn't find anything odd. It seems to just be a simple door on hinges that opens inward, but is barred by the wooden crossbar.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not in my idiom. Sorry.

Theli:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I seriously, actually, really meant to put Take 20, but that's not what I typed for some reason. Ugh!

18. - Top - End - #198

WolfInSheepsClothing

Syd:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Fortunately you can redo search checks. Taking 20 doesn't allow you to find anything more about the door. It seems to be just a plain old, ordinary device of portal denial. Although you do end up wasting 2 minutes in the process.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Theli:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No worries. Two minutes it is. As I said, he's thorough paranoid as far as traps go, but not in regards to much else.

20. - Top - End - #200

Father Porter

"To the cellar then!"

I wait on the rest of them, shadowy weasel overlord in tow.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show

With a shrug, Syd opens the door and steps through the portal.

22. - Top - End - #202

WolfInSheepsClothing

Before you, you find stone stairs leading upwards. There seems to be a trapdoor, also made of stone, at the end.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show

Syd searches the trapdoor extensively, wanting to be sure there's nothing prepared for the unwary who simply open the door and proceed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: {TAKE 20}+8=28

24. - Top - End - #204

WolfInSheepsClothing

Syd:
    Spoiler
    Show

Syd doesn't find any traps. Although he does figure out how the mechanism that opens the trapdoor works. It seems as if it can be opened from both outside and in.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show

Syd smiles and pushes the button to open the trapdoor, waves at the others cheerily and moves through it, rapier leading.

26. - Top - End - #206

WolfInSheepsClothing

The exit leads to an area surrounded by trees. When you look back down, you see that the trapdoor was cleverly hidden within what would have looked to be a solid rock.

Looking past the trees you see, very nearby, a large 2 story building, which you can only assume to be the Inn. In the other direction, you see a simple garden. Past the garden, there rapidly develops a very strong mist, though a light mist is seen all around you now. The same shadowy illumination is found here as well.

Not a single breeze can be felt and there is no wildlife anywhere to be found. (Except in a pot, of course.)

27. - Top - End - #207

Father Porter

"Hmm...very interesting. I don't remember any other inns near this one."

OOC: I look at the building before us. Does it look like the inn we were in previously (no pun intended)?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Sydian d'Kundarak
    Spoiler
    Show

The dwarf glances over his shoulder at the priest. "Um...Padre? That is our inn. You feelin' all right? That weasel bitin' on you again?" he asks with a chuckle.

29. - Top - End - #209

WolfInSheepsClothing

While there were certainly buildings near to the Inn, none of them were Inns themselves, or had this Inn's size. It can only be the Inn you've just left.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Carmot

HP: 4/4 (6) Con:7/10 [-2]

Spoiler
    Show
    If nobody else has already volunteered then I guess I could say that Carmot tried making an untrained heal on the others... he learned enough about human biology to avoid melting anyone through his military training and study in alchemy... yeah, that's the ticket.

untrained heal check: (1d20)[2]
    (If I fail miserably I don't kill anyone right? And as said before if someone else volunteers to be the healer then I'll let them.

Carmot follows the others and when they get out of the passage way he turns to look in all directions. He wields his loaded crossbow, on the lookout for any movement coming from the mist or in the air.

"Does anyone see any other buildings than the inn? Or do you remember where other landmarks were before we stopped at the inn?"

He looks upward to see if the sun or any other things are visible through the mist, with their rest it should be around 8 am or so which would mean the sun would be to the east.

He also tries to recall where they are in relation to other buildings or towns, perhaps if they get their bearings they could make haste toward a nearby town where they could get experts to examine the situation. He tries to remember if this mist and the strong mist in the distance looks like the mournland.
    Spoiler
    Show