New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Matthias Foolson, For the Bump

"I said, will you help us?" Matthias asks, impatience beginning to creep into his voice.
    Tornatar by Serpentine.
    [Images removed - total image heights too high]
    Original Tornatar by Threeshades. Second Tornatar by The Chilli God. Demonized Tornatar by Threeshades.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Matthew (Human Illusionist)

Matthew turns to leave, heading for the library.
    Sorry guys; I really have to get on with this familiar business if I am to be finished in time to go after the Doge's funeral. And then I have scrolls to make for the other teams...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just my "doing nothing" post.

3. - Top - End - #363

Default Re: Adventurer's Guild Adder IC

Quote Originally Posted by hyperfreak497 View Post
    "Yes, he is a liar, and a murderer as well. Now, I'll bet you're itching for some revenge against this man, hm? Well, we can help you get it. Help us help you, Verona, Klesha. This 'Master' needs to know that he can't manipulate anyone he chooses, that he can't hurt anyone he pleases. We will make him know the consequences of his actions, but we need your cooperation to do so. Can you help us?"
    The women hesitate - after all, their lives have just been turned upside down - but Matthias has asked skillfully, knowing just how to play upon their emotions at this pivotal time.

Klesha
    "I'm not sure what I can do, but I'll help you, if it means making him aware of what he has done to me...to us."

Verona (quietly)
    "I'll do as you ask. Sorry about the alchemist's fire."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dravick (Team Badger) may be a little slower than the others to forgive the package of alchemist's fire - his eyebrows haven't quite recovered yet.
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-03-10 at 01:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364

Default Matthias Foolson, Master Diplomancer

"Thank you for your cooperation," Matthias says with sincerity. "Now, we know little of this 'Master', so I first want to know the basic details of him. Is he a human? If not, what is he? Does he wield the arcane magicks of man or the divine power of the gods? Where is his usual residence located?"
    Tornatar by Serpentine.
    Original Tornatar by Threeshades. Second Tornatar by The Chilli God. Demonized Tornatar by Threeshades.

5. - Top - End - #365

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild Team Adder IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. Bad guys shooting rockets at us again.

Klesha
    "Is he human? He looks human. But I don't think that you can accurately call him human, with the power he wields. I don't know what you would call his magic, but he does not call upon any gods. His power is his own. When I was with him we were far to the west, in the shadow of the mountains. But even if he is there still, I would not be able to find the place.

Verona
    "I say the same."

6. - Top - End - #366

Default Meanwhile.......

Meanwhile Matthew is getting on with summoning his familiar. I wonder if I have to give the bird a name or does the spirit that is summoned already know its own name? Is this a male raven or a female raven?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm away until Sunday.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher Doc View Post
    Sorry for the delay. Bad guys shooting rockets at us again.
    heh, deployed in iraq, fighting the wars, and yet you still find time to DM a game? Nice one.

"I don't know about anyone else, but I'd quite like to get to fight this "power," sounds like a challenge.

He grins

8. - Top - End - #368

Matthias nodds at each answer and continues. "Other than yourselves, roughly how many followers does he have? Are they all human, or does the 'Master' attract followers of other races as well? Is there a nearby base of the cult aside from Highburrow hall?"
    Tornatar by Serpentine.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Fin

Stood back a tad, letting Matthas do his work. Leaning back against the far wall, arms crossed, listening, keeping mind if there was any spot where he should jump in. What did Fin really want to know here? WHY. Why bother, what's this about? What was the powers goals, his desires here? But.. it's unlikely whoever this was really told the truth of that to the sisters.

Vlax's last comment got a chuckle out of him though "Ah, if only for the sake of giving the bastard a bloody nose I'd join in that fight." he finally stands up straight, pushing his hair out of his eyes once again as he pulls a question of his own "Yea.. other races.. Don't suppose you seen any Goblins working for him? And the both of you sure you know nothing at all 'bout what your 'Powers' might be doing around Fishleap Shallows?" He gives a wide shrug "Now that you're being honest about the whole thing, and all. "

10. - Top - End - #370

Default Matthew, familiar making

The raven communicates that it has no name in the common tongue.

OK let's see what would be a good name. How about "Fi"? That's short for "Fiona" who was a very powerful female wizard. Now you'll have to work hard to be as smart as the legendary wizardess so you can grow into the longer name. For now "Fi" will be your name.

11. - Top - End - #371

"Other than yourselves, roughly how many followers does he have? Are they all human, or does the 'Master' attract followers of other races as well? Is there a nearby base of the cult aside from Highburrow hall?"
    "Yea.. other races.. Don't suppose you seen any Goblins working for him? And the both of you sure you know nothing at all 'bout what your 'Powers' might be doing around Fishleap Shallows?"
    Klesha
    "The whole time I was with him, there were only humans around, maybe two dozen, wild-looking people compared to his elegance. Since I left, I have known precious little of anything he does. Only he sent me to Bridgeport, with instructions on how and where to meet a messenger, which was a cloaked man whose face I never saw. We used code phrases to identify ourselves. I've worked alone, except for those men with crossbows I hired, using money I was given.

Verona
    "He worked the same way with me. I don't know anything about goblins or Fishleap Shallows. I will accompany you there if you think we can find him there."

(in the other room)
    Fi
    "CAW!...Fi...Matthew's...Fi I am! CAW!"

12. - Top - End - #372

Griffon

Fin

"Sneaky fellah for a God ain't he?" Fin said with a sigh. Obviously not believing this guy is anything more then a high-powered Con man. He was still somewhat.. skeptical of the sisters intentions now, who wouldn't be really? (Sense motive anyone? (1d20+5)[8]) "... Still doesn't really answer the big question:Why. Can't see why he's bothering with us....hmph... Guess we'll just go to Fishleap blind then..." On the sisters suggestion of coming with them to Fishleap he glanced to the others, messing with the hair on the back of his head "... Ehnnn.... think we'll have to talk that one over first" Namely a certain wizard who wasn't about... the unofficial 'leader' of the small group from Fin's perspective. He shrugs "Might help if you toss us some of those Code word things... If your lot is as secretive as ya say I doubt all of ehm know anymore then they have-ta so we might be able to get away with using them."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

Well I ain't keen on having to keep hold of these two while going to fishleap. Would be a little difficult to do if theres fighting about, and in my experience, there always is.

14. - Top - End - #374

Default Matthew, Fi

Fi: "CAW!...Fi...Matthew's...Fi I am! CAW!"
    Cool! How about an evil laugh? Try saying,,
    "BWAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!"

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Berwin

His grip on Klesha was more relaxed after they began to comprehend their dilemma. Now letting go of her completely, Berwin smiles calmly and his eyes move between Bruce and the women.

"I am sure that we can find a fair and amending solution for booth of you."

16. - Top - End - #376

Klesha
    "Last time I had contact with a messenger, he said he would find me the next time he had instructions for me by asking, "Do you think the eels are biting in the river today?" to which I should reply, "Only if you fish with apples.""

Verona
    The method is the same for me. I am waiting for someone to ask me, "Do you know where I can buy a leather basket?" to which I should say "Only if it's deerskin."

Fi
    BWA! HA!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

seeing berwin release the girl, Vlax also steps off.

18. - Top - End - #378

Fin scrutinizes the women, but there is nothing obviously deceitful about their statements. They are still reserved in their mannerisms - after all, they're not exactly best friends with their interrogators just yet.

Eldon coughs and says quietly to the adventurers,
    Eldon
    "Perhaps you would like to move to the library for some privacy to discuss what to do with the women and how to begin your journey."
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2008-03-27 at 02:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Berwin

Berwin nods, smiles calmly at the women and steps towards the door.

20. - Top - End - #380

Default In the guildhall library

Matthew is already in the library finishing up on some "Wizard stuff". Assuming someone brings him up to date on things he says,

Well I think if Verona and Klesha want to come with us that would be fine. They are clearly resourceful and highly intelligent individuals and their knowledge could be very useful. I can understand if they'd want to see this through... but I have to say... it might be best if they sought out their parents, family or any other relatives. That's the best thing for starting to recover from this sort of experience.

But that choice should be theirs: as members of a cult they are not used to making their own decisions and it will be good for them.

He thinks, They must have been just kids when they were taken. I wonder if their parents are still searching for them both.

We'll be heading off to Midford and then Fishleap on foot tomorrow so they'll have tonight to sleep on it. If where they grew up is out East or North they could accompany us until we part ways.

Here Fi, meet the rest of the team.
    This is Vlax
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-03-28 at 09:53 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

{assuming Klesha and Verona aren't around}

Tis all very well taking them with us, but who's going to keep hold of them? Theres nothing to say they won't run at the first chance, and I ain't keen on having to play jailer the whole time. Escpeciall yif theres combat going on.

22. - Top - End - #382

Default Matthew Estella (Human Illusionist)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll edit the message above to be just the team talking

Matthew shrugs.

If they came with us it could not be as prisoners.

Perhaps they will run off and rejoin their cult again but if they do I can't think it would be a big disadvantage for us. Rather the devil you know. This cult seems big enough to send other agents after us and they might not be as gentle. Whatever thing killed those crossbowmen for example.

Plus Klesha already had a chance to do you harm at Highburrow Hall. You trusted her with your life that night -- why not trust her again under better circumstances? Make no mistake: there would be opportunities for these women to kill us in our sleep. I don't believe that is in their interests or the interests of the cult they formerly served ---- yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh well, when you put it like that of course we should trust the two former cultists who have apologised for trying to kill some of our friends!
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-03-28 at 09:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383

Griffon

Fin

Gave little more then a cocked brow to the introduction of Matthews new pet, focusing more on the business of the hour.

Fin Noded simply, as he often did standing up rather then sitting down, leaning against the far wall as Matthew spoke to the group, his one eye open looking forward "All for it then.. heh, was more worried ya (Matthew) would have a problem with it. Kinda remember one of the girls rushing at ya with a sharp..." He shrugs lightly "Girls deserve a chance to get back on who wronged them, may as well give it.. Don't think they're thinking about backstabing us anymore though...."

He stood up straight, ruffling his hair a little "The 'power' is in the hands of the Primeval's or least his goons know we got the girls. Might see this back-stab coming, and have his followers set up to make any help the Sisters give us be useless." At the end through he shrugs a second time "But ah... Then it'd be no different then if we didn't take them so we're no worst off so they may as well come along, if only as extra pairs of hands. All for leaving tomorrow as a group"
    Last edited by Bribri; 2008-03-31 at 05:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384

Yeah. Well.... that's in the past.

Matthew grins.
    I probably better get used to getting stabbed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think we have anything else to say do we?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Vlax

Well I'm all ready to go. Just say when

26. - Top - End - #386

The adventurers inform Klesha and Verona that they will be traveling with them, and Lankin miserly equips them with some very basic traveler's equipment: in addition to the clothing and cloak that they arrived in, he gives them each a waterskin, a bedroll, and some trail rations. When they ask for backpacks, he gives them each an empty grain sack. Klesha and Verona are permitted to sleep in the bunks and gratefully go to bed early. The adventurers prepare themselves and go to sleep as well. The next morning after an early breakfast, the adventurers and their new companions gather outside. Just before leaving, Eldon takes the adventurers aside briefly.

Eldon
    "I talked with Klesha this morning and she signed some papers that should help me try to take possession of Highburrow Hall, which I plan to quietly donate to the Church of Yondalla in the name of the Adventurers' Guild. I have enough connections that it shouldn't be a problem for me to do it myself, given my last name. Once the church has possession of it I doubt anyone will be asking any questions how the transfer took place.
    Klesha said she didn't care about the dagger anymore, and Verona agreed to give up ownership of her dagger as well. Matthew, you have the two daggers now, right? Good. Safe journey to you."

27. - Top - End - #387

Thanks father; you can send any mail by way of The Widowmaker in Midford, under the name of Abramelin. Zan has the details.

Everyone ready?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Berwin looks over to Matthew with a relieved smile and nods.

29. - Top - End - #389

The party sets out on foot for Fishleap Shallows, by way of the East Bank road through Khorinis to Midford. Klesha and Verona walk together and are very quiet, but have no trouble keeping up - their legs prove to be just as sturdy as the adventurers'.
    The cobblestones disappear shortly after leaving town, the road soon narrowing until it is not much wider than the wagon ruts in the middle of it. The deepest ruts are filled with crushed rock or river pebbles, showing some sign of maintenance. There are other people around at first, mostly human farmers, but as the adventurers walk past the farmland surrounding Bridgeport they find themselves alone on the road, though they can see rafts on the river to their left when they look through the scrub foliage and small cedar trees that surround them. The sun sinks close to the western horizon, and though it is a beautiful day, the air begins to turn chilly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't wait for everybody to say "Let's go," when this didn't seem like anything too pivotal. But if I rushed you too much, just make a retroactive post, and I can always edit this if necessary.

30. - Top - End - #390

Matthew talking to Vlax and Fin:
    ...so while we are on the road I thought we could practise some of those manoeuvres and I've prepared a couple of the Enlarge spells. That way you two might get used to the feel of it before a real fight.

Then to everyone:
    Say, when do we want to pick a place to stop for the night?

Spoiler
    Show

How far is the next town or River Dwarf stopping point?
    Knowledge:Local - (1d20+6)[10]
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-04-02 at 03:11 PM.