New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Banned

Default Re: Bastion of Broken Souls [IC]

(Well, I'm sure it regenerates... doesn't mean we can't knock it out!)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aedras

Aedras Continues his Assault. The fiend seemed to be recovering it's senses, but he felt it was best to keep up the attack with the others.

"We only seem to be tiring this fiend out, can any of your more learned ones shed some light on what might give a little more bite?" he asks between swings.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1:(1d20+19)[23] Damage: (1d8+2)[9] (5d6)[26]
    Attack 2:(1d20+14)[26] Damage: (1d8+2)[7] (5d6)[15]
    Attack 3:(1d20+9)[15] Damage: (1d8+2)[8] (5d6)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellas Aramond View Post
    Well, I'll tell ya one thing, you guys have yet to do a single point of real damage to this thing. But don't worry, one way or another, this battle is going to be over very quickly.
    No point of real damage ? Naomi's last attacks and those in the following 9 rounds overcome the fiend's damage reduction, whatever it is.
    Last edited by Amiria; 2008-01-05 at 06:11 AM.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

(Regeneration, presumably, Amiria . It's all been nonlethal damage.)
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-05 at 06:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn. Too bad I don't have access to some of the better Shadow Hand maneuvers that drain Con. Maybe next level I'll get Mountain Tombstone Strike.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

6. - Top - End - #126
    Banned

"Lor' help us if anyone can begone with such a beastie as this then." Mahogany says, impressed.

He backs away to the bar as suggested and watches with excited eyes as the mighty folks continue their barrage of attacks that he's only heard of in stories.

7. - Top - End - #127

The Cathezar manages to remain unscathed by Aedras' attacks, but soon after, multiple gashes open up over the fiend's body, causing it to cry out in pain.

Finally free from the magic of the dance, The Cathezar teleports away, but not before giving Naomi one last dirty look.

"And here I was, thinking that you'd need some help." A particularly handsome human says as he steps out of the shadows. "But excellent show."

((Everyone gains 2,185 XP))
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Mahogany looks a bit bewildered for a moment at the rapid change in events and turns to the man that entered.

His face then breaks into an expression of relief and amusement. He guffaws and slaps his knee.

"These mighty folks? Need help? Why, they got it to perform for them! Hahaha!" he roars, and breaks into a fit of coughing in his gaiety. He thumps his chest and his breath returns, still laughing.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-01-05 at 04:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Artemus stands up strait moving out of a stance ready for battle, taking a deep breath and a moment to suppress his soulmelds once again, appearing more or less normal and not sheathed in the shape or a kolyarut or blue fire.
    He turns to the newcomer and speaks clearly and loudly, "Who are you, newcomer? Have you been there all along?" He retains a grip on his spear just in case there's another fight to be had.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

Indeed I have. he brings up his hands in a sign of peace. You'll find no quarrel with me, sir Liembroch. My name is Nurn, and I've been watching the Cathezar for some time now.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Kelborn

The kobold sweeps his magical gaze across the room, finally settling on the newcomer. "Lets cut to the chase, Nurn. Why is it here? What does it want? And why this room?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Kelborn will concentrate for three rounds, watching Nurn and Mahogany for any magical items on their persons.

12. - Top - End - #132

((Vorpal, if you could PM Zero what he wants to know, it would be appreciated.))

Nurn turns to the kobold, The Cathezar serves a demon lord of the Abyss named Aamenul. And for some time, they both have been searching for a person that is the decendant of a man named Dydd. I have a feeling that she believe that one of you is that decendant.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Kelborn

The ancient thing rose, bones popping and creaking in the process. "So it searched for humans." The kobold turned his gaze to Aedras, Mahogany, Naomi, and Artemus. "But that failed to answer one of my questions.. Why?"

14. - Top - End - #134

Naomi Drakestorm

"A strange name. Who is this Dydd ? I never heard of him.", says Naomi and leans on her weapon.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

Sharra Daggerspell

"Looks like it's your ancestor, Naomi. Before I intercepted the thing, it was 'porting in right beside you."
    She glances at Aedras. "You, the loud one. Talk the barkeep out of throwing a fit, will you?"

Sharra turns, her many knives fanning out behind her like a second set of spreading wings, and looks up at Nurn. Her hand toys with her grey, braided hair.
    "Nurn, was it. Who are you? Who do you work for? Why were you watching the Cathezar? Why should we take you at your word, when you just watched rather than help out?"

(What Knowledge is appropriate to get info on the Cathezar's recent activities, master, etc? Planes again? If so, Sharra expends Divine Insight and thinks. (1d20+37)[57]. If I can get what overcomes the Cathezar's DR and regenaration with that check, that's good too.)
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-05 at 09:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

"It could be any of us, though only those with human blood. Creatures of chaos and disorder like to attack at random... If it did not attack Dydd's ancestor immediately it would have gotten around to slaughtering us all. Though we proved a bit too much for it, it seems." Artemus decides to let his hellspear rest on the wall, though making sure to keep in mind the sword on his back.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Aedras nods, he sighed at the comment about being loud, but let it slide as he glanced around the room, looking for the bartender. He finds the bartender coming back to see what's become of his tavern, and Aedras heads him off "I'm dreadfully sorry good sir, there has been a misunderstanding that just so happened to take place in your bar" he says, looking back at the fallen chandellier and then turning back to the bartender "and I'll repay you for the chandellier"

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 12 (savvy rogue ability) on a Hastened Diplomacy Check to make sure the bartender doesn't freak out (25+12-10) 27
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Well, my good kobold. My master believes that Aamenul has discovered a way to double his power. We do not want this, but are unsure of how exactly he plans to do this. But there is a name we have uncovered. the 'Bastion of Unborn Souls'. I've heard the Cathezar mutter this, as well as her desire to fine a descendant of Dydd, so that 'the wyrm might be tamed'. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you more."

"As for Dydd himself, he was, if bardic songs and legends are to be believed, a ancient druid to put an end to a fearfully powerful red dragon. But, as the tales tell, he was slain in the process."

He then turns to Sharra, looking very relaxed despite the bits of metal death floating behind her. I am a simple servant, allied with he who opposes the Cathezar and her master. Unfortunatly, I am honor bound never to reveal my master's true identity, thought he goes by the name of Hethradiah when dealing with those such as you and me.

"Also, miss, you may want to...!"
    He gives Naomi too late a warning as the heavy spiked chains of the Cathezar re-appear and fall on her. Never mind...

---

"That'd be kind of ye, lad." The frightened barkeeper says as he steps into the open. "But if ye could, can ye tell me why in the nine hells a demon appeared in my bar?"

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

"Is there a reason you come to us? Surely it is not simply to explain the sudden appearance of a demon."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

Certainly more then just a demon. But she obviously thought that one of you was important enough to attack. I believe that one of you is the decendant of Dydd that she has been searching so fervently for.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

21. - Top - End - #141

Aedras sighs, explaining to the barkeep "it seems your bar was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but do not worry, I have no reason to believe you're in any danger of this happening again"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

"I am fully aware, but to simply tell us this is useless, so you are either out to waste the time of a law-enforcement official or make use of one." Artemus says, proud of his position with particular fondness for the way the word 'law' rolls off his tongue.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

The kobold looks toward Artemus. "As much as it must pain you to hear this.. You are not the end all or be all of the Material Realm. This man is obviously here to collect whichever one of you humans happens to be the druid-spawn and kill this demon-devil thing. I think his time is worth just a bit more than yours."

The gray elf, after being assured that the present danger is gone, moves to assist Naomi out from under the chains of the demon. "Are you alright, Miss..?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-01-06 at 01:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

(Any info from that Knowledge check, Ellas?)

"She left to lick her wounds. I don't doubt she will strike again, but not immediately. I'd suggest anyone interested in this matter come with me to a city; we'll purchase the casting or scroll of a Private Sanctum spell to prevent scrying, and discuss the matter further. I'd like the chance to think over what I've heard about the Cathezar, too."

Sharra then murmurs a brief divination, and turns away, as though considering, glancing over all of those who have not fled the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sacrificing Glitterdust to cast another Divine Insight, which Sharra expends on her Sleight of Hand check to conceal spellcasting. She then sacrifices her other Split Ray Enervation to cast Probe Thoughts, targeting Nurn. Will DC 26. A spot check of (1d20+43)[63] notices that she's casting it; otherwise, no clue. Since the spell allows the option of having the target not notice that its mind is being probed, Sharra will choose that.
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-06 at 02:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

"I assure you, collecting the decendant is not my purpose here at all," he says, completly ignoring the servant of law "Although discovering that it's one of you means that my luck is on the rise. I instead am here to propose an alliance. Considering that you are marked by Aamenul and his Cathezar, I think we could both profit from attempting to discover just what their other agents are up to. Aamenul is a great power already, and should he grow greater yet, things will go ill for many. He must be stopped. Will you have me?"

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

"...I shall. Surely he wishes to disrupt what order we have now. I cannot stand for such. By the clockwork heart of Mechanus, I shall join with you."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Naomi Drakestorm

Naomi shakes the chains off and regains her footing. "Thanks.", she says to the gray elf and turns to Sharra. "Do you really think that it was after me ? Well, I had the feeling that it was focussing its spite on me. Oh, and we are in a city, so you should be able to get a scroll of this spell somewhere here."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Banned

"And should your mysterious master gain power, Nurn, do you mean that things won't go ill for many others? I'd lay money on the fact that you're no altruist, and you don't serve one, either. I'm not ready to sign you up just yet. You look human, but you aren't--I can tell. Time to put some cards on the table. What are you?"

Sharra turns, looking distracted--perhaps she's divining, or searching her memory--and casts a long, piercing gaze at Nurn as she talks. Then she turns to Naomi.
    "I just know it was teleporting in next to you. Doesn't mean it's you for sure, but it's more likely than not. How much d'you know about your ancestry? Any druids in the line? Well, we'll find out tonight; I'll work some more divinations. I think we want to go after the Cathezar, too, once I find out where it went. How about the rest of you? It wasn't necessarily your fight, it doesn't have to be now. But I'll tell you this: children are being born, more and more, without souls... and that concerns everyone. Especially since the gods themselves are prohibited from dealing with souls before they come into the world.
    "--Tiatiae. Some healing, if you would--someone managed to clip me with that chandelier."

(Sharra's down 21 HP from the chandelier, I think.)
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-06 at 07:05 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

The kobold directs his gaze toward Sharra. His sunken eyes and shroud-wrapped form are significantly smaller compared to the gnome's height. Gnomes were the hated enemy of kobolds, but this one didn't seem to take much head into that. "Ssearth." Soon after he spoke, Sharra's minor wounds began to close up. "I agree with our young friend. I would like answers before we go charging like sociopaths across half a country to only have our 'friend' put a dagger in our backs." The kobold then directs his gaze to Lithana. "Come, kithra. Let me see your blade."

The gray elf bows to Naomi and practically trots across the room to deliver her blade into the kobold's waiting hands. It's bones creak and it's eyes glow with magical power as it fills the blade with another spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sharra's healed for 18 HP. Kelborn's going to cast another vampiric touch into Lithana's lightblade.

Draconic Speakers: Kithra = Servant.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-01-06 at 06:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Banned

(Sharra's spellcraft equals autosuccess to identify the casting of that spell. What is it?)

This gnome is different from most physically as well as in attitude: taller and leaner, darker in coloring. Judging by her steel-grey hair and frown, she has no particular appreciation for being called young, but the kobold's race does not seem to matter overmuch.
    "My, you're an unusual one. Might be I'll have to look into you, too."
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2008-01-06 at 07:13 AM.