New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The elves of Arenal (IC)

The campaign 'the elves of arenal' will start after this post
    Last edited by Elrond; 2008-03-08 at 11:05 PM.

Avvy By Me
    Proud Avatarist, Oh and I take requests
    My Art
    In The Playground Website

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC
    "Check mate I sunk your battle ship"
    Quote Originally Posted by drakeblood4 View Post
    Great artist, I'm assuming clinically insane as hes willing to draw for me. Also, *cracks whip* WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF YOUR BOX, I TOLD YOU TO DRAW FASTER!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The elves of Arenal (IC)

All of you great adventurers have been brought into a band of heros formed for only one perpose and that perpose is the defence of a most powerful member of the undying court.

His name is Rayangi king of Shae Mordai and he has offered you 4000gp each to protect him across Arenal to Velen's isle

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC
    Great artist, I'm assuming clinically insane as hes willing to draw for me. Also, *cracks whip* WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF YOUR BOX, I TOLD YOU TO DRAW FASTER!

3. - Top - End - #3

You are flying in a lyrandar air ship due NE to shae mordai when the ship falters and spins out of control into a dense area of the black wood jungle
    What do you do?

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Mira gets up from where he had fallen. He replaces his cloak and hood to conceal his body while making sure he had no injuries. He gathers his things and goes out to see where the airship had fallen exactly...although he had a bad feeling about this. As he walks out of his door he pauses to listen for any cries for rescue...he goes through the corridors of the ship looking for the rich people's cabins with thoughts of plundering the dead...they didn't need it afterall now.

He smirked as he walked on, though none would be able to see it behind the mask covering his face. He wondered where his comrades might be...well if they survived they should be able to get out of the airship. He would meet them soon.

((reserving the color red for Mira's speech, thank you))
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quickly getting to his feet, Craer dusts himself off and moves immediately to the cargo hold of the ship to check on his dinosaur companion. Finding the majestic creature in the hold, he coos to him in the halfling tongue "There there, we're fine old friend. Let's get you out of here and see what's afoot." Craer picks up his Sharrash, a tribal weapon, and mounts Festith, his dinosaur. Spurring the carver forward, he quickly makes his way back to the deck of the ship. While everyone else is recovering, he will scan the surrounding woodlands and ship for any immediate signs of trouble.
    Last edited by King Tius; 2008-03-09 at 07:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quicksilver Elder shakes his head to clear it as he stands up.

"I still function. This is good. It would be unfortunate if I were to be terminated outside of battle."

He starts to check the wrecked ship to see if his companions have survived.
    Last edited by GammaPaladin; 2008-03-10 at 01:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

While Mira is walking up the corridor to find things that he can loot he see's a light fliker from behind a door emblished in gold

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Merieth mutters a small prayer to the silver flame then pries himself free of the refuse to survey the scene. By the might of the flame whoever did this whether fate or man has certainly wished much destruction Merieth runs to check the cabins for survivors.
    Last edited by Thamir; 2008-03-10 at 03:32 AM.
    PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT THE LINK BELOW TO TRY AND CONVINCE THE GIANT TO PRODUCE MORE "THE WORLD" ARTICLES

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45844

9. - Top - End - #9

Devil

Mira sneaks up to the door and looks inside looking for signs of what this room might be. He looks inside for people and if there are none he slips inside ((unless it's somewhere where i might think twice about going in, if that is so then just tell me and we'll see what mira does)). Once inside he looks around to see what the thing he saw was.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide(just in case): (1d20+23)[9](32)
    move silently: (1d20+19)[5](24)
    spot: (1d20+11)[7](18)
    listen: (1d20+11)[9](20)

While sneaking up to the door he thought it was a pity life had only taught him to take care of himself...well it was a loss of time trying to protect someone that can't fight or survive by himself...

as he looks inside the door he thought:
    Now, let's see what this door holds for us
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

10. - Top - End - #10

Merieth scans the cabains looking to help someone with his powers.

It is not my job to be suspicious when there are inocents that need healing

Do I see anything?
    PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT THE LINK BELOW TO TRY AND CONVINCE THE GIANT TO PRODUCE MORE "THE WORLD" ARTICLES

11. - Top - End - #11

you find a room in the bottom part of the air-ship with a wounded elf inside

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by kemmotar View Post
    Mira sneaks up to the door and looks inside looking for signs of what this room might be. He looks inside for people and if there are none he slips inside ((unless it's somewhere where i might think twice about going in, if that is so then just tell me and we'll see what mira does)). Once inside he looks around to see what the thing he saw was.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide(just in case): [roll0]
    move silently: [roll1]
    spot: [roll2]
    listen: [roll3]

While sneaking up to the door he thought it was a pity life had only taught him to take care of himself...well it was a loss of time trying to protect someone that can't fight or survive by himself...

as he looks inside the door he thought:
    Now, let's see what this door holds for us
    You see a small man glad completely in black standing over a house lyrandar noble
    The mans dagger is covered in the elven blood of the noble
    Last edited by Elrond; 2008-03-12 at 12:54 AM.

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #13

Merieth wastes no time. He gives up his prepared hold person to cast cure moderate wounds, he holds it at the ready with an action readied to complete the casting. Only one more sylable needs to be uttered. "Irustseren thineom quetiahat polhonrisqua darcheawarem" He steps into the cabin. Excuse me good sir but this man needs help, step aside. I will not ask you again sir! I WILL KILL THEE 150 WAYS! (Shakespeare, 'As you like it' Act 5 Scene 1)
    Last edited by Thamir; 2008-03-13 at 04:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Devil

((on a note, i think marieth only sees a dead elf, not the same room as the one i see the killer in too))
    ((also, seeing a man with a bloody dagger he obviously does not go inside the room))

Mira draws his weapon and keeps it ready to attack the man. He activates his powers of silence to envelop him. Murderers were all the same, he knew it because he was one. In the next round he charges his opponent from his hiding place and attacks the man. If this man did what he thought he did, then he was very very annoyed at him...he would take it out on his living body and later his corpse...nevertheless this was not time for idel thoughts

internal thoughs:
    Kill now...ask questions later.

Spoiler
    Show

initiative:(1d20+9)[8](17)
    attack roll:(1d20+12)[15](27)(with charge bonus)
    damage: (1d3+2)[3](5)
    sneak attack: (3d6)[3][5][6](14)
    skirmish damage: (2d6)[1][5](6)
    move silently(with -20 for moving silently while charging):[rollv]1d20+
    If movement is 10 ft or more then i charge and i gain skirmish bonuses, +2d6 damage and +1AC. Max movement is 80 feet so i think i can reach him anyway...Also i think this would be a surprise round, but it is needed for the next round anyway. Hopefully i can win both and dispatch him quickly...hehe
    Also silence is 20ft centered on me.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ja'Dove

As Ja'Dove pulls herself fom the rubble, she looks around to see if she can determine what casued the ship to crash. If she see the combat that's about to take place she will join it.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+4)[16]
    Search - (1d20+6)[20]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Vuzzyr

Moving out of the reckage into the reliative safty of his surroundings, Vuzzyr pulls out a Wand (of Cure Wounds, Light) and a small silver sphere (Spiritual Weapon 1/day, Hammer 3d6 damage). He then scouts around for the remaining survivors.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Just put me with a group of people or something. I'm not 100% sure what's going on yet.))

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by kemmotar View Post
    ((on a note, i think marieth only sees a dead elf, not the same room as the one i see the killer in too))
    ((also, seeing a man with a bloody dagger he obviously does not go inside the room))

Mira draws his weapon and keeps it ready to attack the man. He activates his powers of silence to envelop him. Murderers were all the same, he knew it because he was one. In the next round he charges his opponent from his hiding place and attacks the man. If this man did what he thought he did, then he was very very annoyed at him...he would take it out on his living body and later his corpse...nevertheless this was not time for idel thoughts

internal thoughs:
    Kill now...ask questions later.

Spoiler
    Show

initiative:[roll0]
    attack roll:[roll1](with charge bonus)
    damage: [roll2]
    sneak attack: [roll3]
    skirmish damage: [roll4]
    move silently(with -20 for moving silently while charging):[rollv]1d20+
    If movement is 10 ft or more then i charge and i gain skirmish bonuses, +2d6 damage and +1AC. Max movement is 80 feet so i think i can reach him anyway...Also i think this would be a surprise round, but it is needed for the next round anyway. Hopefully i can win both and dispatch him quickly...hehe
    Also silence is 20ft centered on me.

You charge at the man and hit him in the arm
    the man hoals out in pain
    AARGH!!!
    He turns around and swings his blade

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #18

Merieth knocks a blunt arrow and fires within a second. SUFFER THE SLINGS AND ARROWS OF OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE (Hamlet Act 3 Scene 1)
    Last edited by Thamir; 2008-03-13 at 04:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quicksilver continues looking around ;)

20. - Top - End - #20

Quicksilver while searching threw the recage you find a badly wounded half-elf with a hat that looks like a captians hat when he see's you searching he shouts out

"Please warforged Help..."
    Last edited by Elrond; 2008-03-14 at 04:49 AM.

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Thamir View Post
    Merieth knocks a blunt arrow and fires within a second. SUFFER THE SLINGS AND ARROWS OF OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE (Hamlet Act 3 Scene 1)
    You fire your arrow threw the door way ... it hits the back wall of the room ad nyou find that the only person inside is the wounded elf

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

22. - Top - End - #22

Merieth puts away his bow and quivers the arrow. He could have sworn that he saw someone but it must be his imagination. he utters the final word to his cure moderate wounds spell Lyekimtas and his hands glow with a cooling silver light. Here you are my friend, may the flame grant you new life!

23. - Top - End - #23

The elf gasps and slowly sits up he says
    "Thank you good sir i am Riven Silenttread member of the undying court and who might you be"

Shortly after Riven screams and says "BEHIND YOU!!"
    Last edited by Elrond; 2008-03-21 at 03:43 AM.

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quicksilver moves towards the wounded man, to offer whatever assistance he can.

"Are you badly damaged?" He asks.

25. - Top - End - #25

the man grunts but says only this
    ".... badly"

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #26

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Also i try to see what he is wearing and anything i can notice about the dagger he holds[roll0] (15)

Ok since i won initiative i get another round since the first round was a surprise round, thus i get another attack with only sneak attack applied.

attack roll: [roll1] (19)
    weapon damage: [roll2] (3)
    sneak attack: [roll3] (13)

his round comes he hit me and in the second round i back away towards the door(20ft to the door) and then outside(60ft) and search for somewhere to hide within the range i can move.
    hide: [roll4] (27)
    i don't need to roll move silently due to silence.

because i copied the text and rolls from the OOC thread, if unsure about the rolls check my post in the OOC thread, thx.

Internal thoughts:
    My my...a tough bugger i've found here haven't I? Well then, i'll just hide till he comes out and go at him again shall I? But to withstand a hit and just shrug it off...a good opponent i found for myself...more worthy to kill
    Last edited by kemmotar; 2008-04-05 at 09:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Since I have found nothing inside, I will move out side the ship and see if I can find anyone.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

''Ouch''

That was the only word that went out of Falin's mouth. He had barely woked up, when he feeled the lingering pain in his head. It was like he had suffered a war hammer hit by an angry oger...well not exacly but it was close to a bathering ram. The airship had crashed landed it seems, has he could not have know about it since he was deeply asleep. Now he woked up only to found out that a large wood piece was blocking his leg on the ground. Even with his strenght, he could not moved it. By pure luck, he could feel his leg, wich mean't they waren't hurt. He slowly regain his composure, now thinking of a way out. Altough he didn't like the idea...their was only one thing to do:

''Is there somebody out there? HELP!!!'' he shouted has strong has his voice could.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
    Voltaire

Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
    Voltaire

Prejudice is opinion without judgement.
    Voltaire

Alchohol, the cause of and the solution to all the world's problems.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
    Albert Einstein

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler
    Show
    All members of the party hear this

You hear an extremely loud noise coming from the nearby trees it sounds like wolves of some kind. At the sound of the noise all of your attackers jump into the shadows and disappear.... what do u do?

Falin u see a large wolf like humanoid creature walk through the door hearing ur cry for help and looks down at u and laughs evliy and says
    "Hehe fresh meat!!!!"
    Last edited by Elrond; 2008-04-19 at 12:48 AM.

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

As I'm heading out of the ship I hear some one shout. I say Yeah where are you.

I ill follow his voice to his location, and will try to help him get out.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show