Thread: Homecomings

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Homecomings

Kabrakhan puts on the ring...

Spoiler
    Show
    tell me what it do!!
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

... and nothing happens. His claws feel a tiny bit stronger, but aside from that, neither Kabrakhan nor his companions notice any change.
    You are a wonderful person! I wish I could be like you.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

Tom walks to the road next to Nas and hands him what he found on the troll. "I think you should keep these until we split them."

for DM:
    Spoiler
    Show

He will try to palm one of the gems while no one is looking!!

Slight of hand check: (1d20+15)[28]

just kidding just kidding, don't kill me ;)

PS I'm not going to edit this post (to be clear it was a joke from the beginning) so I hope there are no errors!!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Except for the book Aldamir has, right?

Roac

Still perched on Tom's shoulder, Roac was glassy eyed as the gems changed hands. Tom could just hear the raven murmur, "Soooo shiiiiiinyyyy...."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Nas

Nas takes the items (sans book) from tom and puts them into the (now empty) sack that was given to them by salos when he first offered them this job.

ATTN DM:
    Spoiler
    Show

Since the ettin ran away, all the monsters ended up off the road, right? If not, Since the cart is so close, Nas will attempt to shove/roll/kick the corpses off the road.
    - It's as true today as when I started adventuring: 'When in doubt, set something on fire.'

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    I started in a jail cell.

Current Characters:
    Nas - Human Monk 6, Homecoming

"a beardless dwarf is like darth vader in a tutu. you know that something is wrong!" - Shademan

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dvurr

"By chance, those gems be of what sort, laddy?"
    I am of those who subjectively prefer the style of Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 as opposed to 4.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

Tom replies to Roac first "Aren't they beautiful, look at that green one, just perfect." Then he hears Dvurr's question and turns to answer, "I'm not really sure about any of them. The black one looks like Black Onyx. As for the rest they are probably worth about the same, give or take 20 gold pieces."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Bram Leafgarbed

Relying on Nas to split the loot as fairy as he always does, Bram doesn't pay much attention to the treasures. Instead he asks Nas "Anythin' else boss? I should I head skyward?"
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dvurr Warondurt

Dvurr's eyes widened as Tom spoke.

"An onyx?! And one of considerable value, to boot! Aye, I'd very much like to have the onyx, lads, if ye'd not be torn to part with it. I've been learning a spell that would make good use of it, and any others we may find."
    I am of those who subjectively prefer the style of Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5 as opposed to 4.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

a little bit disappointed by the lack of any visual effects from the ring Kabrakhan goes back to to his post at the caravan. He stares into the sky for some moments... then he mumbles some words and suddenly he have flamboyant green vest on the outside of his fur clothes.
    Kabrakhan grins to himself.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

"Yes, it's a black onyx." Tom says, moving back to take his position next to the cart and leaving Nas to decide whether Dvurr can have the gem or not.

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by CGCL_Andy View Post
    Tom

Tom replies to Roac first "Aren't they beautiful, look at that green one, just perfect." Then he hears Dvurr's question and turns to answer, "I'm not really sure about any of them. The black one looks like Black Onyx. As for the rest they are probably worth about the same, give or take 20 gold pieces."
    Still perched on Tom's shoulder, Roac nodded slowly and said, "Yeah, that..."

Spoiler
    Show
    I just realized Roac can give Tom a +2 on his roll by taking 10 to "aid another". I think I'll just do that in future.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

"RIGHT, LADS! lets get a move on!"

on M&B:

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Nas

Fishing the onyx out of the pouch, nas flips the gem to Dvurr.

Go for it, if it'll help your spells.

As he rejoins the caravan... Nas speaks to their employer.

Ya know, next time you don't have to slow down that much.....
    - It's as true today as when I started adventuring: 'When in doubt, set something on fire.'

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    I started in a jail cell.

Current Characters:
    Nas - Human Monk 6, Homecoming

"a beardless dwarf is like darth vader in a tutu. you know that something is wrong!" - Shademan

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft - (1d20+6)[17] To know the use of Onyx.

Bram

Assuming Nas wants him in the air, Bram urges Jacob to take off, and resumes his role of aerial scout.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx is commonly used in necromancy, usually to animate corpses.

Salos smiles at Nas. "Sorry, this wasn't our kind of fight. Y'know, fair and all. And it pays to make absolutely sure that dead things won't jump up and attack you." He discharges his crossbow bolt high into the air. Istasa and Grant stroll on opposite sides of the carriage, both seeming more relaxed now that the danger is gone, and Kagiso walks quickly behind it.

Salos expresses no preference regarding Bram's altitude. "The ground is flat enough that we can probably see things from a fair ways away in any case, and we didn't seem to require much preparation. You can do what you like, though."
    Last edited by Hades' Watchdog; 2008-03-03 at 08:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

"keeps getting fishier and fishier... " Kabrakhan mumbles as he start moving again, in his position.

on M&B:

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    BreakChance - (1d100)[65]Higher = Recoverable.

Bram

Bram continues to fly oversight for a good while, ducking down near land now and then. On one of his fly-bys, he drops something into the wagon, next to Nas.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's the crossbow bolt.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

The wagon continues on until it gets dark, Bram staying aloft and the others being entertained by Tom's conversation and sleight of hand. Salos is by far the most talkative, with Grant participating on occasion and the other two more or less silent (although Istasa's silence seems to come from reserve, while Kagiso's stems from something akin to disinterest). Grant's speech all seems slightly rhythmical, and he probably plans it that way, given the moment of concentration he takes before each sentence.

When night falls, Salos pulls on the reins and stops the cart. "Well, this seems to be as good a place to stop as any. Do any of you need a tent? We have more than we're likely to need."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

"think we got what we need." Kabrakhan says and sets up his two-man tent.
    Whenever he thinks no one is hearing or seeing he'l lean over to Tom and whisper: "hey, sneaky fella'. what'ya say to finding out what the cargo is?" his tail wiggle slowly...

on M&B:

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

Tom sets up his small tent next to Kabrakhan's big one. He looks around carefully and whispers his replies "There is plenty of time, and one shouldn't rush these things. Leave the sneaky stuff to sneaky folks. and I promise to tell you if I find out anything interesting."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"excellent" Kabrakhan whispers back and rubs his clawed hands together. any campfire highlighting his face would make his allready creepy smile seem directly evil.

on M&B:

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tom

Tom offers to guard for one of the watches. But with Aldamir and Bram needing so little sleep his help is probably not needed. In any case he makes sure he knows who the watches are and what time their watch is. Then goes to his tent to get some sleep, asking to be woken up when his watch comes.

Spoiler
    Show

That is if he is assigned to a watch, otherwise he will sleep the night and wake up early in the morning.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

When Fashai is walking and not on watch, he looks around and decides to strike up a conversation with Grant. "Hello, there. I'm Fashai, if you don't remember. A swordsage by training, a gambler by inclination, though not a good one to tell the truth. I know Salos said you're good at picking out lies. Have you ever tried to use that to make money at a gambler's table? Knowing when the other fellow is bluffing sounds like a fine skill to me."
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-1)[5] Diplomacy if DM feels this calls for it.
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grant smiles at Fashai. "I've tried to win some money on occasion. However, other people tend to think I'm using magic when, in fact, I'm not." The man pauses for a moment, concentrating while still keeping up his aura of unease. "If truth be told, a lot of my prowess at catching lies is due to others' feelings," Another pause follows this, slightly longer than the previous one, "because I cause discomfort through my mien." He chuckles with satisfaction. "I try to carry this comportment always. It's good to keep in shape, although there are no people here I do not trust to speak with utmost candor."

Countless tiny things about Grant's manner change, and he suddenly stops radiating creepiness. His voice, without the musical, rhythmic quality it possessed before, continues, "In other words, I can also talk normally and not freak out everyone I'm near. It's a huge relief to stop doing it, since it takes so much concentration, but practice makes perfect."
    Last edited by Hades' Watchdog; 2008-03-07 at 07:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Fashai laughs for a moment, then stops and grins. "That is one lesson all warriors learn, even myself. Though in my case my master had to beat it into my thick skull, usually with the flat of his blade. I suspect your lessons were less violent. Unless you are self-taught, of course."
    Folding@Home

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Resuming his normal discomfiting air, Grant begins to say something, but then hesitates and instead replies, "I'd like it if we spoke of other things. There are not many subjects I avoid, but for the moment, secrets must be kept." He shows no signs of wishing to pursue the subject further.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

"Certainly. I didn't mean to pry, I'm just a naturally curious person."
    He leaves and helps whoever is officially on guard.
    Folding@Home

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just before Fashai's and Bram's watch starts, a stick snaps about thirty feet away from the wagon. Night is starting to fall, though, so nothing is visible.

30. - Top - End - #330

Aldamir

Unlimbering his bow, Aldamir focused his elven eyes out into the gloom, and pricked up his ears for any further noise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (with low light): (1d20+11)[22]
    Listen: (1d20+11)[25]