New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: narutooo!!!!!

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: narutooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waterdolphin777 View Post
    I personally like Naruto. True, in the original, Sakura made me want to jump into the computer and punch her in the face and the fillers sucked, but Shippuuden is much, much better. Right now though, I think that Kishimoto is running out of ideas or something because the manga is getting kinda boring. That's ok though, because I have a lot of other animes and mangas that I'm following. If the end is as sucky as the FMA anime end though....
    Actually, I think the author realizes the story is coming to its natural end and is hesitant to actually wrap it up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Death of the mentor? Check. Rival completing his "life's mission"? Appears to be check. The "real" enemy revealed? Check. "Surprise" revelation about the hero's past? Semi-check, this one is currently ongoing. All we need now is the dead/threatened love interest and/or revelation of the "true love"...
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

If only if this was true. According to the latest interviews we have only reached the half way point of Naruto.
    "Stand together men, for we are the only defenders of this glade until spring arrives, heralding the return of our Lord and the Wild Hunt," Relar Sorin, Lord of the Tower of Eternal Winter and Eternal Guard Leader

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro Kakita View Post
    If only if this was true. According to the latest interviews we have only reached the half way point of Naruto.
    Another filler arch boys
    from
    EE

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest View Post
    Another filler arch boys
    from
    EE
    the another... and another... and another... and- ya you get the picture

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

of course they are only half way done...they are wrapping up the oldest plot points and moving into the real focus of the new season...the fight against Akastuki. They will learn the leader and join to fight against him and his remaining minions...in the mean time, they have the 1, 2, and I think 3 tailed beasts...maybe the 4 as well, and they are searching for the remaining 4. My guess is that this season will end with eithe the world under akatsuki and the start of a resistance, or a climactic clash that leaves Naruto as the hero...

I will say, things don't look too good for the 5th Hokage...with Jiriya and orochimaru dead...it looks like she could very well be next...part of the themes of the story has always been about the next generation stepping forward to take their place as the old pass on...we could see most all of the older ninja bite the dust.

If they do...my money is on Kakashi being the next Hokage...Naruto is powerful, but there is probably one more 'season' they are gonna yank out...and that means no Hokage till then.

If things are cyclical...like most Japanese tales are...Sauske, after helping him defeat Akastuki will leave...Naruto will also leave for a time and train/look for Sauske/deal with things that happen in the final parts of Shippuden...he will return and save the city from something that probably will mean the death of the 5th/6th Hokage at which time Naruto will lead the Viliage against the threat which turns out to Be Sauske...for whatever reason...and they will once again have it out in the valley of the kings or some other ironic place with naruto winning and finally becoming Hokage...It might be that Sauske was posessed by the remnants of Madara or Orochimaru within him and gets redeemed...it is unlikely he dies...

I wanna see how it all ends regardless.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

ah, how can Sasuke be possessed by a guy that according to the manga is still alive and possessing another Uchiha.

Actually its highly likely that because Naruto is a shounen show, Sasuke and Naruto will be friends at the end of the series, just like Gaara (GOD HIS COOLNESS FACTOR DROPPED).

I just keep telling myself one more month and a new Berserk comes out.
    "Stand together men, for we are the only defenders of this glade until spring arrives, heralding the return of our Lord and the Wild Hunt," Relar Sorin, Lord of the Tower of Eternal Winter and Eternal Guard Leader

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

That was stated several years ago....
    Also, for more of the comic i posted earlier... *Flame shield activated*

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

I am referring to the newest interview which states the series is going to take longer than he expected since his editor wants him to do more back story for the characters he introduced (Sasuke's new group). Although Kishimoto hinted that he may just get rid of them to hurry the story along.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

While I do not care for the three main ninjas (Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura) I like a lot of the side characters.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    Eh, the paralells get to be more strained.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

11. - Top - End - #131

Beholder

And again ... why even compare the two? If anything, Avatar is a rip-off of Naruto ... Naruto is six years older than Avatar.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, no, no, they obviously prevent people from being tang.
    Win

speaking of seinen, Gantz is always a good bet. As is Blade of the Immortal, Now there is good writing. Though, you can't quite call BotI seinen.

Still, there are a few semi-unique characters from Naruto I enjoyed before I stopped following it.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2008-01-16 at 08:30 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    That was stated several years ago....
    *snip*
    To be fair to Avatar, about half of that is pretty general tropes. The number of character archetypes that share the same personal details (Amazon love interest with fans, rival's mentor with lightning control and an obsessive compulsion) is a bit above average.

And frankly, I don't care if something is mildly derivative if it's a better story than what inspired it. And Avatar is far and away a better-written, more thoughtful, and more entertaining show (without 200 straight episodes of filler).
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ikol_777 View Post
    While I do not care for the three main ninjas (Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura) I like a lot of the side characters.
    I agree with that. Those three are perhaps the lamest people in a show with otherwise (mostly) interesting and cool characters. At least Kakashi is in the upper tiers of coolness...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    To be fair to Avatar, about half of that is pretty general tropes. The number of character archetypes that share the same personal details (Amazon love interest with fans, rival's mentor with lightning control and an obsessive compulsion) is a bit above average.

And frankly, I don't care if something is mildly derivative if it's a better story than what inspired it. And Avatar is far and away a better-written, more thoughtful, and more entertaining show (without 200 straight episodes of filler).
    Not to mention that while there are some similarities between the characters (and "some" is the accented word here - where they are not the same, they are completely different!), the actual story is far from similar.

PS. Perhaps offtopic, but anyone knows a movie player that lets you grab screenshots? I want a new, even more disturbing avatar.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
    Not to mention that while there are some similarities between the characters (and "some" is the accented word here - where they are not the same, they are completely different!), the actual story is far from similar.
    See, I don't think I've ever seen any episodes relevant to the main story, so I wouldn't know. And on a very general level, Avatar's story is pretty generic. It's on an episode-to-episode level that it's clever.
    PS. Perhaps offtopic, but anyone knows a movie player that lets you grab screenshots? I want a new, even more disturbing avatar.
    Oh God, no. I think GOM player has a built-in screencap feature.
    Also: I am an emotional masochist.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-01-16 at 01:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

VLC media player has a decent snapshot feature. Some variations of Media Player Classic seems to have one, but I never did manage to get it to work...

17. - Top - End - #137

Beholder

Hit the "Print Screen" button and then go into Paint and paste it - anything on-screen will show up as an image.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Obrysii View Post
    Hit the "Print Screen" button and then go into Paint and paste it - anything on-screen will show up as an image.
    Doesn't really work with movie players (at least not with JetAudio, Winamp, Windows Media Player, DivX, SMPlayer...) - instead of the movie screen there is simply black.

I'll try VLC and GOM. Though I am also tempted to make an avatar from some of the Superdickery covers...

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

19. - Top - End - #139
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

frown Re: narutooo!!!!!

ah, how can Sasuke be possessed by a guy that according to the manga is still alive and possessing another Uchiha.

Actually its highly likely that because Naruto is a shounen show, Sasuke and Naruto will be friends at the end of the series, just like Gaara (GOD HIS COOLNESS FACTOR DROPPED).

I just keep telling myself one more month and a new Berserk comes out.
    ya right.... gaara will never be the same

20. - Top - End - #140

Beholder

Doesn't really work with movie players (at least not with JetAudio, Winamp, Windows Media Player, DivX, SMPlayer...) - instead of the movie screen there is simply black.
    This is not true. It is a glitch in your computer, likely as a result of your graphics setting - try changing the "video acceleration" to half or full, or to off if it is on.

Here is an example to backup my claim:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Banned

And again ... why even compare the two? If anything, Avatar is a rip-off of Naruto ... Naruto is six years older than Avatar.
    Ok, when the rip off is better than the orginal show, now that is just sad man. Just sad

also by the by, Naurto isn't orginal in the least, so it really isn't a rip off
    from
    EE
    Last edited by EvilElitest; 2008-01-16 at 06:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

I thought it had already been decided that everything is a rip off of something else.

Naruto rips off DBZ (Kishimoto even admits it. For those of you who do not believe this, look at Naruto's clothing very carefully), and DBZ rips off JOurney to the west.

23. - Top - End - #143

Beholder

Ok, when the rip off is better than the orginal show, now that is just sad man. Just sad
    Not really. Star Wars was a rip-off of old serials, for example.

Rip-offs do tend to be better--I won't speak for Avatar because I have not watched it--but that is simply because they are merely borrowing and altering what already works. They are evolving a proven good -- if a rip-off isn't better than the original, then that is the sad event.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is not true. It is a glitch in your computer, likely as a result of your graphics setting - try changing the "video acceleration" to half or full, or to off if it is on.
    This is also the case with me, but personally I like to make video snapshots without having to edit out the background.

25. - Top - End - #145

Go to full-screen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

Not really. Star Wars was a rip-off of old serials, for example.

Rip-offs do tend to be better--I won't speak for Avatar because I have not watched it--but that is simply because they are merely borrowing and altering what already works. They are evolving a proven good -- if a rip-off isn't better than the original, then that is the sad event.
    Thats not really a rip off, thats an influenced book. Tolkien was influenced by Norse myths but he hardly ripped them off. I don't really think Avatar is a rip off but i think naurto is just a rehash of already boring plots
    from
    EE

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I am referring to the newest interview which states the series is going to take longer than he expected since his editor wants him to do more back story for the characters he introduced (Sasuke's new group). Although Kishimoto hinted that he may just get rid of them to hurry the story along.
    Link? the last time i saw something was in the Datebook 2 or some other related publication..

28. - Top - End - #148

Beholder

I don't really think Avatar is a rip off but i think naurto is just a rehash of already boring plots
    from
    EE
    There is a fine line between rip-off and influence. If Avatar has so many similarities to Naruto's characters, and came into existence six years after Naruto began ...

Just as well: how is Naruto a rehash of "already boring plots"? Care to elaborate?

29. - Top - End - #149

...But Avatar is so much better than Naruto. If only for one reason.

Avatar has what Naruto lacks... decent story-telling.

Naruto has a better setting and concept, but the author coulden't retell the story of 'Macbeth' without needlessly drawing it out to non-conclusive, agonizingly obvious plot devices.

And let's face it, Macbeth is a very simple story. Dude is given the opportunity for power. Dude takes power. Dude dies from his fatal error.

It's the story-telling that's made it a classic.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

30. - Top - End - #150

Beholder

That is your opinion. Others will say that Naruto has good storytelling - it is not intended for western viewers, and thus we cannot say with perfect certainty that Avatar is inherently better, only that it was designed for the tastes of Americans.