New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Alchemists II - Game Thread

Night 3 Ends.

This is the funeral for Celia, sent to the narrators by Mordokai himself.

DISCLAIMER: Some parts of this narration might have been deleted to prevent influencing the voting process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai
    Spoiler
    Show
    As night falls, small and solemn procesion can be seen under just risen moon and stars. On it's head, two figures can be seen, carrying the small, makeshift coffin. A small line of alchemists can be seen trailing the two coffin bearers. Wanting to pay their respect to the girl that was murdered by the homunculi, not a day ago, they decided to accompany her on her last travel. A girl that has returned, even if that should not be possible.

Arriving out in the courtyard, a hole in the earth can be seen. Two showels laying near it. A mound of dirt is laying near. Somebody obviously took upon himself to dug up the grave. How very nice of them.

Arriving to the hole, the procesion stops and it looks as they are hesitating.

“I'm... I'm not sure if I can do it.“

“What do you mean?“

“It's not right! Nobody but Homunculi should be in this coffin. Least of all Celia.“

“I know. We shall see to it that we avenge her and the rest of our friends. Now, lets do this. The sooner we're thrue with it, the better.“

With that, the coffin is slowly lowered into the ground. One the mourners steps up to the hole and drops one the red roses onto the coffin.

“Should we say something?“

“What can be said at a time like this?“

“You don't need to say anything.“

A somewhat startled look of everybody present, but not a shocked one. In truth, everybody was expecting her to come along. As Celia walks up to the grave, the silence can almost be felt.

“Celia, you sure you want to be here? I mean... it's strange enought for you to be back here, but to watch your own funeral. This is something nobody should ever experience.“

“You're probably right. But I just couldn't stay back at the room and do nothing. I had to come and... say goodbye, I guess. I wanted to be here and while I appreciate your concern, nothing you say will change my mind. Lets just get this over with.“

Nothing more needs to be said. One by one, the mourners arrange next to the grave and every one of them picks up a fistfull of dirt, throwing it at the coffin, murmuring “Rest in peace.“ while they do so. In midst of the ceremony, big drops of water start droping into the grave. That would be strange enought on itself, seeing there is not a single cloud in the sky and moon can be seen clearly. What is even stranger, the water has a strange brimstone smell which can be picked even from few paces away. Looking in the sky, the mourners notice the Spawn siblings, crying their eyes out. Some would call it a heart breaking scene. If they would know the real reason for their crying... well, they probably wouldn't be thrilled.

The ceremony quickly comes to an end. Turning to the others, Celia says to them:

“I would like to say thank you to everybody who has come here today. If I could, I would hug you, but... that is somewhat hard in my current state.“

Smiling at everybody, she continues:

“Don't cry after me. It would do you no good and me neither. It is too late for that anyway. If my life was the last to be taken by homunculi... than I'm glad I'm dead. But I seriously doubt that is the case. Watch yourself and watch your friends. That's the only way you'll be able to win this battle. I wish I could do more, but I can't. Now go rest, you must be tired by this whole ordeal. There are more important things in the world than my corpse.“

((Erased by Narrators. This post will be edited and the parts missing will return, after the game ends))

She then lowers herself back to the earth and walks back to the Central. Slowly, the others follow her suit and soon there are nothing birds in the field, singing their songs and a single wooden cross, with the abbreviation RIP chiseled onto it.
    As the dawn approaches, once again the Homunculi are on the move. They seem restless tonight, after losing another of their kind. They must act swiftly, finish their fiendish plot soon.

Their goal is clear, and so, they move across the town, trying to find those who are a threat to their plans. And so they reach the house of one of the Alchemists, the one that answers to the name Iames.

"We finally meet, Lord Iames" Says a voice, hidden in the shadows. "We are pleased to meet you"

"I had the feeling I'd be seeing you soon. I had it all prepared for this moment"

A grin runs through the face of Sir Iames as the Homunculi fiercely attack him.

Soon, there is not too much to watch. Iames' body is not there anymore, but the Homunculi seem unsatisfied. They realised the flaw of the plan one second too late - The soul of Iames was not in his body.

Summary: Lord Iames Osiari was killed by the Homunculi. He was one of the Samurai Brothers, so he may still vote until the other Samurai Brother is killed.
    Day 4 begins now and will end in 48 hours or so.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"Lord...Lord Iames? Is it really true? You are dead now?
    Though I have only known you for this short time, I feel at fault. Myhaps had I completed these tests earlier, trusted you... but no. You fell supporting what you stand for. No fall of my own. For your sake, Lord Iames, and your cause, I will succeed in rooting out these vile mockeries of life."

Galen walks around his laboratory to the vial of blood, still sitting in a test tube rack. He grabs it, and is about to throw it away, when he appears to have another thought. He sets the tube gently back down, opens his small notebook, and starts searching through his own notes. He stops at a page, and begins to read.

"Maybe... this blood and the philosopher's stone... Lord Iames is still connected to life by this twin of his. If I can somehow get ahold of one of those stones... Homunculi are powered by those, right? Maybe I could somehow pull one of its body, help it regain power...

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

A nearby suit of armor animates. Hmm. This is interesting. Iames appears and examines his new body. You see, everybody? I was telling you the truth about who I am!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah-ha! You in that suit of armor! Or, rather, the suit of armor! You're just as unnatural as these homun-, homo-, h-somethings!

The Snow Alchemist begins to point at Osari.

But, come to think of it, you aren't one of them, right? And now, since we know what you are, we can keep an eye on you... And since I have been doing some research, I think I know on who I should point... At the terrible monster from the unspeakable blasphemous books of evil!

Yes, he is surely one of the h-somethings! Yes, you, the evil Banjouthulu! Ever since 1985 you've been terrorizing honest men anywhere!

More interesting lead found for now, though.
    Last edited by Irbis; 2008-02-05 at 05:04 AM.
    Above Us Only Sky

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Ms. Maelstrom tilts her head and watches the newly animated armor. "Well, this is certainly interesting."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

Kasz, I'm sorry, but because of the massive bandwagon against Envy yesterday, the League of Alchemists has no choice but to point more or less randomly. Your name has been chosen from a pool of candidates.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2008-02-04 at 07:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari View Post
    A nearby suit of armor animates. Hmm. This is interesting. Iames appears and examines his new body. You see, everybody? I was telling you the truth about who I am!
    "Lord Iames? You have returned? Truly, this is powerful magic. Indeed, it might very well be possible to return you to your former state of existence if I could only get ahold of one of those stones. Would you feel adverse to describing what you know of this magic of brothers in order to better improve my research?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coolgaelbert View Post
    "Lord Iames? You have returned? Truly, this is powerful magic. Indeed, it might very well be possible to return you to your former state of existence if I could only get ahold of one of those stones. Would you feel adverse to describing what you know of this magic of brothers in order to better improve my research?
    Not magic; Alchemy. It's a form of Human Transmutation, but instead of attempting to reanimate my body and attach my soul to it all at once, my brother simply sacrifices part of himself to attach my soul to some other object nearby.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Twilight Alchemist watches interestedly as the old suit of armor moves around, apparently inhabited by the Samurai Brother's spirit. From the looks of it, his claim at innocence has been truthful.

"Few forces in this world are strong enough to pull someone back from beyond the veil, yet this is the second time that this has happened so far." the alchemist says, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
    "Strange things are happening here in Central. My guess is the Philosopher Stone's presence has something to do with it.."

"Assuming the Alchemist Brother has more information than any of us, let's see where his suspicions lead us.

With that, Fyron Morris raises a finger at Kasz.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-02-05 at 07:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"So your soul is still here, after your bod has perished? That sounds awfully useful. I would imagine that since your soul and actual being has not passed on, it would be easier to restore ou to actual life. Even though it looks like you're doing pretty good right now."

Galen looks the suit of armor over.

"But what would be enough to sacrifice to save something so valuable as a human soul?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Watching Iames re-animate, the Peridot Alchemist takes note. While he'd heard of such things before, it was his first time seeing it. And the same was true for the Homunculi. It would seem he'd better get used to seeing new, odd things until this is over.

"coolgaelbert sir, I don't think that's the kind of thing you would really want to learn about."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"May I ask why not, or are you going to leave me in the dark here?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Banned

"So your soul is still here, after your bod has perished? That sounds awfully useful. I would imagine that since your soul and actual being has not passed on, it would be easier to restore ou to actual life. Even though it looks like you're doing pretty good right now."

Galen looks the suit of armor over.

"But what would be enough to sacrifice to save something so valuable as a human soul?"
    An arm and a leg usually work pretty well to attach a soul to something else, since you're not actually bringing someone back to life. The only way we've heard to do that is with the Philosopher's Stone.

A random NPC gives the suit of armor a note; it reads it. Hmmm, interesting. Kasz, you have a reprieve, for now. Instead, I'll point at Shades of Gray.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2008-02-05 at 04:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't know who this "Shades Of Grey", however my name would be "Shades Of Gray. You shouldn't believe everything you read, especially if it includes a misspelled name, Lord Iames Osari
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-02-04 at 08:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Flowing Water Alchemist steps into the formal pond and activates the circle within to take his favorite "reverse" shower. He then looks at the transmuted Lord Osari.

Wow, that doesn't sound like the most comfortable way to live, but I guess it sure beats death. But I hear the blood seal can be washed off...

He suddenly sends a torrent of water streaming towards the suit of armor, but diverts it away at the last second.

I was hoping for that brief look of terror, but suits of armor don't do looks of terror so well I suppose. So you think that Shades of gray might have something to do with this. I guess you're the best lead we have.

The flowing water Alchemist drenches Shades of gray with a small water spout.
    Last edited by The Valiant Turtle; 2008-02-05 at 06:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    I don't know who this "Shades Of Grey", however my name would be "Shades Of Gray. You shouldn't believe everything you read, especially if it includes a misspelled name, Lord Iames Osari
    "So you are attacking a known alchemist,Shades of Gray? That doesn't seem very likely for an true alchemist to do. However, a homunculi on the other hand..."
    Galen leaves the statement trailing off.

((Fine, honest mistake.))
    Last edited by Gaelbert; 2008-02-05 at 07:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to assume that Shades' mistake was probably just that...a mistake. For now I'll point at Irbis.

No time for RP.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

18. - Top - End - #258
    Firbolg in the Playground

Blech! Ptu! Ugh!

Gray, shadow alchemist, spits out a mouthful of water.

[COLOR="Gray"]That water was salty!

Gray then spits a fish out of his mouth, a look of annoyance on his face.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-02-05 at 04:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground

Snappily Dressed Alchemist shakes his head a few times watching the brouhaha.

"It is good that you are still with us, Lord Osari, despite the unfortunate predicament it has left you in. I fear my particular style of alchemy is ill-suited to reconstituting you a body however. Suspicion is thick today, yet I must disagree with your assessment. It is my belief that our enemy hides behind the eyes of this man," he pronounces, extending the tip of his cane to point at banjo1985.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-02-05 at 10:28 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

( OOC: Lord Iames Osari, I had a wonderful idea ,if I'm reading the rules correctly (Which I may not be); if you and another person combine points the other person should be able to spend 20 points, while you spend just one, in order to give you a free scry. Then since we all know you are trustworthy whatever you report can be taken as the truth. Also since I know we can earn at least 5 points a day there may be at least a few people with twenty points, after today)
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #261
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    ( OOC: Lord Iames Osari, I had a wonderful idea ,if I'm reading the rules correctly (Which I may not be); if you and another person combine points the other person should be able to spend 20 points, while you spend just one, in order to give you a free scry. Then since we all know you are trustworthy whatever you report can be taken as the truth. Also since I know we can earn at least 5 points a day there may be at least a few people with twenty points, after today)
    ((The League of Alchemists has already realized this and used it to our benefit.))

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

An arm and a leg usually work pretty well to attach a soul to something else, since you're not actually bringing someone back to life. The only way we've heard to do that is with the Philosopher's Stone.
    "So it's not actually ressurecting someone, eh? That would be good, considering the predicament we're in know. Bloody homunculi... Is this brotherly bond original, or have there been some previously? Would there be existing research, or are we in a completely new field here?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Banned

"So it's not actually ressurecting someone, eh? That would be good, considering the predicament we're in know. Bloody homunculi... Is this brotherly bond original, or have there been some previously? Would there be existing research, or are we in a completely new field here?"
    Well, we heard about the Elric brothers having done it. I've never run across any detailed notes on how they did it, though, so I don't know if the methodology is at all similar.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Galen, the Changing Name Alchemist, flips through his notes ((wikipedia)).

"The Elric brothers. I think I've heard that name before... Oh, here it is. I see. This Alphonse Elric, he underwent a similar process to the one you yourself have recently done. This blood seal, it seems to be the key to human transmutation."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

XF laughs maniacally. Heeheehee...heehehehh...heh...ahhhh.

He's the tin woodsman! Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Oh wait...you can't. You don't have a heart! Heeheeha...what was I doing? It seems, I think, that we have no leads. I think we should all sit down, stab ourselves, and see which one bleeds wrong. Now, admittedly, this does, in fact, kill us all, but we'll know who's not good!

He wanders over to the suit of armor and waters it down.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    XF laughs maniacally. Heeheehee...heehehehh...heh...ahhhh.

He's the tin woodsman! Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Oh wait...you can't. You don't have a heart! Heeheeha...what was I doing? It seems, I think, that we have no leads. I think we should all sit down, stab ourselves, and see which one bleeds wrong. Now, admittedly, this does, in fact, kill us all, but we'll know who's not good!

He wanders over to the suit of armor and waters it down.
    Hey, stop that! Do want me to rust?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, stop that! Do want me to rust?
    Actually, I think he wants to destroy the mark binding you to the armor. First, he attacks an innocent Alchemist, second, he tries to kill a proven innocent being. Oh, and has an evil name to boot. If anyone is a homunculus, Xykon Fan is!

Snow Alchemist calmly points at the not-man devil in alchemist's skin.
    Above Us Only Sky

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

The corpse of Strum la Banjo again crawls from the grave and staggers into the crowds. He looks to be decaying day by day, at this rate the earth will claim him welll before the Homunculi are able to.

He laughs at Helgraf as he see's the point come his way, a dry throaty sound like a heavy breeze through a bamboo thicket, far too many clicks and rattles.

"....so.....you speak ill of the dead sir?....Is it because you fear us?......or because you cannot kill....what is already dead?"

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by coolgaelbert
    "Do you ever bother with making a prediction or taking precautions before you attempt an experiment? When using alchemy this potent, it is wise to know what you are doing beforehand."
    "The alchemical experiment was precisely planned and a prediction was made as were the proper safety precautions taken. However the unintended addition of quicksilver from a cracked jar resulted in a slightly more.... explosive result than was intended."

"Be assured if I find out who it was that damaged the jar they will be cleaning the lab up for much of the forseeable future, as well as repairing the damage caused to the apparatus"

"As for you Lord Iames Osari, that blood seal of yours is rather fascinating, would you mind if I were to take a closer look at it?"

"And shame on you Xykon_Fan for attempting to damage such an interesting piece of alchemy".
    Last edited by Fenris Hybrid; 2008-02-06 at 06:01 AM.

Banner mostly by me (Stiltzkin the moogle by Keris Rain)

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

I prefer to judge people on their actions rather then their words. Xykon_Fanis the one that has shown himself to be unreliable, at best.
    Magical Hippopotamus Sneak-atar! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick View Post
    And while you are not, apparently, of a typical Valkyrie height...
    I nonetheless retain a certain desire to be plucked from the fields of the slain by one such as you. There are, assuredly, worse final sights....and I can't think of arms more suited to a pleasurable ascent to Valhalla.