New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: "Bring your homebrew class" campaign

The kobold skillfully dodges Ryu's blow.

Then Throk hears something aproaching from behind him. Before he can turn, he feels a blow hiting the back of his armor, but failing to penetrate it. Turning momentarly, the half orc sees the Duergar holding his large hammer in both hands and smiling viciously.

Ooc: Ryu missed. The duergar tried to sneack behind Throk but didn't manage to hit him. He's in the square left to the half orc.

Experiment 14's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-22 at 07:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Two questions:
    1: What are the unmarked yellow and tan circles in E5 and A9, respectively?
    2: When firing a cone (the BPM's BotBD), can I begin the cone from any corner of my square, going in any direction?))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    ((Two questions:
    1: What are the unmarked yellow and tan circles in E5 and A9, respectively?
    2: When firing a cone (the BPM's BotBD), can I begin the cone from any corner of my square, going in any direction?))
    Ooc:

1-E5 is where Bob's alchemist's fire landed. It's still burning. At the begginning of next it will extinguish.

A9 is where the oil that Alexander throwed lander. If someone deals fire damage there it will catch fire but otherwise is a normal square.

2-Correct for both, you can make the cone start from any corner or face of your square and point it in any direction, just like any ranged attack.

For example, in your next turn, you could move to G8 and make a BoTBD pointing in the up left diagonal from your up left square that would hit the kobold leader and his minions up and left from him, whitout any of them geting cover from the trees.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Being disabled Experiment 14 goes fully defensive.

5. - Top - End - #95

Experiment 14 tries to get in a more protective position. He manages to but ends up further opening his wounds and beggins to bleed badly.

The alchemist's fire finnally stops burning leaving only a few ashes in the ground.

The kobold leader moves into the nearby bushes and aims his gun at Raz. With a loud bang four new rocks fly towards Raz. However the hunter manages to dodge them in time. Curses in draconic fly out of the kobolds mouth for his failed attack.

Ooc:
    Experiment 14 goes total defense, but this is a standard action, so he loses 1hp and is now at -1 life and bleeding due to the disabled rules. He still gets the dodge bonus tough for the turn, but next turn he's completely unscoscious.

The alchemist's fire stoped burning.

The kobold leader took a 5 feet step left and shooted at Raz, but missed.

Ezran's turn

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-23 at 08:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren's head swims and his desperately tries to refocus his eyes. "I can be of no use dead," he mutters angrily to himself. He raises his shield over his head to try to keep himself as well protected as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go total defense as well.
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

7. - Top - End - #97

Ezran raises his shield, but the effort also raises the pain of the wounds to a excrutiating point.

Ooc:Like experiment 14, total defense is a standard action and makes you lose 1 Hp, making you fall to -1 life. You still get the dodge bonus also.

Rathnor's turn

8. - Top - End - #98

((Sorry guys, I'm just never in on Saturdays.))

"Blast. We're dropping like flies here! But, as they say... cut off the head." Rathnor grins humorlessly, before charging forward. "Hey, Duergar! You just made a huge mistake..." Rathnor leaps forward, levels his weapon, and fires a devastating burst of hot lead from his Blunderbuss, engulfing the Deep Dwarf and Kobold leader. He then reaches into his pack, and begins reloading his weapon.

((OoC: Fired the 'Buss at the Duergar within a 30-ft range, followed by a partial action to begin reloading. Will spend second standard action to complete next turn. If I cant, I'll move forward to, oh I don't know, G8. Oh, and crud. If the leader hadn't moved 5 feet to the left, I would have been able to catch him with the Duergar in a BotBPD blast. Ah well.
    Attack - (1d20)[7] (+4 roll, -4 shooting into a melee)

Damage - (3d10)[14] (1st range increment)
    Sorry 'bout that. Thanks, Oslecamo. I'll be firing a BotBPD blast straight up from the upper-left corner of J8[after moving there, of course]. The damage above still applies, with a Ref 14 save halving the damage. It should hit the Kobold leader, the Duergar, and the horse.))
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-02-24 at 05:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

9. - Top - End - #99

((Yuuch. I'll take my 1/encounter re-roll, please.))
    attack - (1d20)[13]
    ((EDIT: Thank you!))
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-02-24 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

The duergar screams in pain as the hot lead falls trough the chinks of his armor. A foul smell raises in the air as the duergar's flesh burns to the bone. He falls in the ground, whitout even strenght to try to put the fire out.

The price of failure...Is death...
    -he murmurs before sucumbing to the flames.

Meanwhile the Kobold leader tries desesperately to roll in the ground but it's too late. The lead has penetrated his skin and soon after the dark knight the shooter falls in the ground. His hand stretches to the other kobolds as if as begging before falling senseless in the ground.

"Help-p-p me p-p-lease" is heard between the supplies in draconic.

The other kobolds sream in terror seeing their leaders fallen. Their eyes are now full of fear, looking at the sudden destruction and his creator.

The horse manages to dodge part of the lead, but still gets burned in some places, making him scream angrily, hooves raising in the air.

Ooc:Duergar down and dead. Kobold leader down but still breathing.

Raz's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-24 at 06:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

((Sweeet. I call the horse! Or I would, if I could ride it...))
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Ooc: For those who didn't notice, Ezran has a mounted character build, and I had promised him that he could get a mount as loot soon after the start of the campaign. So please try to keep the horse alive, it's not like he already attacked anybody or something.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Strafe: Move to I 12
    Attack kobold at G 16:[roll]1d20+4[roll/]
    Damage:[roll]1d6+1[roll/]
    Strafe damage:[roll]1d6[roll/]
    Note, Point blank shot is in effect.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Strafe: Move to I 12
    Attack kobold at G 16:(1d20+4)[22]
    Damage:(1d6+1)[6]
    Strafe damage:(1d6)[6]
    Note, Point blank shot is in effect.
    I just failed my post correctly check.

15. - Top - End - #105

The arrow pierces the kobold's throat, and it falls in the ground bleeding abudantly.

Ooc: kobold at G16 is down but still breathing.

Alexander's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-27 at 05:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Alexander is thinking what to do now, but the Kobolds have already decided. This is too much for them. Crazy dwarf weapons, the strongest of them fallen and the swordmans are geting closer and closer. Turning back, they try to run as fast as possible in the deeps of the forest.

Throk takes the chance to attack the one near him and hits, falling him.

The others disapear in the shaddows of the forest, but the warhorse stays in it's place, looking cautiously to it's dead owner.

Ooc:
    Alexander took more than 24 hours to post his actions after I've warned him with a PM, so he lost his turn.

The kobolds chickened and run away ending the ecounter on your favor. Don't worry, you'll still get the exp for beating them.

Speacking of exp, each member of the party receives 179 EXP.

Loot:

Kobolds: 25 GP, Periapt of wisdom +2

Kobold leader:Chain shirt(small), big mysterious weapon, 2 empty ammo shells, 4 daggers, 100 GP, fire opal pendant in a gold chain, potion

Duergar: chainmail(medium), big mysterious hammer, light warhorse with military saddle and saddle bags, 300 SP.

One hour of rest and a full meal for each wounded player will allow them to fully recover your HP as I said in the begginning of the recruitment thread. Another hour of care and another meal will also allow you t heal the warhorse.

So, now decide what to do next. The trail of the force that attacked the village is near the battle site and goes deeper inside the forest if you want to keep following it.

Ah, and the majority of the players decided they wouldn't mind flaws, sothey are now allowed, and you can take up to 2, receiving one extra feat for each flaw you choose. Someone asked for traits, and I don't mind allowing them too, but you don't get extra feats for taking traits. Traits can also be found at the srd for those interested.

And yeah, you got damn lucky with the kobold's treasure.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-02-27 at 06:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Rathnor reloads his weapon, and then walks over to the leader's corpse. "Int'resting weapon he's got there. Lessee what it does..." He begins studying the weapon while the others regain their strength.
    [roll=Know (engineering)]1d20+4[/roll] (To identify the weapon)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

((Let's try this again))
    Know (Engineering), to identify weapon:
    (1d20+4)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Rathnor remembers hearing of those new brand of weapons. They are called chains, for chamber infusion. They work on a mixture of magic or psionic energies and mecanic parts that shoot stones with great speed and acuraccy. They're also highly customizable, altough this exemplar doesn't seem to have any special characteristics.

From the size of the weapon, it is probably a bazooka chain model, the strongest and slowest to fire of the diferent known chain models.

Unfortenately, as the dwarf quickly realizes examining the weapon, all chains are custom made by their owners for their own physical characteristics, and anybody else trying to shoot with them will have an hard time aiming properly.

Ooc:
    Check more information on the weapon here:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=917670

Search for limit sniper and bazooka chain model. For you it's an exotic weapon and you'll need to burn a feat to use it whitout the -4 penalty.

20. - Top - End - #110

"Hmph. This thing is useless. I'll stick with my 'Buss any day."
    Rathnor goes to see what he can do to aid his fallen allies.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

After waking from his rest and unpacking a portion of rations he surveys the battle, looking for what happened after his fall and then looks over the the pile of gold and items.

"I hear that your device saved our lives, seems to me that you should have first pick."

Spoiler
    Show
    updated sheet apart from loot
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-02-27 at 11:00 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Are those of us unconscious still unconscious? I would assume so...

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by dual_wielder View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are those of us unconscious still unconscious? I would assume so...
    Ooc: I rule in this campaign that after a battle uncoscious characters can be put up again by another player tending to their wounds and giving them food for a few minutes, at wich point the wounded character is able to take care of himself and in 1 hour be at full HP again.

I'll also assume that the conscious characters won't be jerks and take care of those who have fallen first thing after the battle has ended. It's considered automatic, like you don't needing to make skill check:cooking to prepare a meal for yourselves.

It's not like you have any healers in the party, and it would suck to have to wait a day for you to recover 1 HP so you could act again.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground

Throk sheaths his weapon and looks around. He sees Ezren lying on the ground, and rushes over.
    "We need to tend to him."
    He then spots Experiment 14 also unconcious.
    "Someone help him, we need to keep them alive."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren struggles to his feet and shakes his head to clear the cobwebs.

I can't thank you enough my friend. How embarrassing. Our first battle together and I fall unconscious. At least the battle was won. And I see the horse survived, that's great. I was specially trained in mounted combat, so unless somebody feels they deserve it more, I would appreciate it. I'm sure it would improve my effectiveness ten-fold.

He pats Throk on the back on the back and walks over to the horse, patting its neck and whispering in its ear in a way that exudes expertise. He then smiles and turns back towards the group.

Since I am claiming this horse, I would not ask to share in any of the other... "goods" that are now before us.
    Last edited by dual_wielder; 2008-02-27 at 06:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    i was a bit quick of the mark right? sorry i presumed the two hours had passed

"I'm also trained to ride but not with any focus, if we encounter another then I might claim it though I'd serve better from the back of a great bird. Feel free to it as far as I'm concerned; and these items here I dont think I could make much use of them either"
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-02-27 at 07:31 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

27. - Top - End - #117

The horse lowers his head and calmly acepts the pats of Ezran, releasing sounds that seem of satisfaction.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Throk, seeing that Ezren is okay, starts looking through the fallen enemies. He finds the pendant. It seems to be magical, the jewel captivating his eye, and he gives in a quizzical look.
    Does anyone here know how to identify these magic items? I found an odd pendant thing here, and it seems to be more than what I see."

OOC: Throk took the "fire opal pendant in a gold chain"

29. - Top - End - #119

As you are finishing your rest, you start to hear a beatifull music coming from the trees, almsot magical, calling you to go deep inside the woods, to see wondrous things.

Suddenly, Alexander, Experiment 14, Ryu and Razic put themselves up, their eyes like day dreaming, and they run into the trees with a faint smile in their faces, atracted by the delicious music.

Ezren, Rathnor, Throk and Byen manage to resist the lure of the magical music, but before they can do anything the trees seem to move and bend before them, blocking the path to where the lured beings ran.

Then the music stops, and you can hear someone laughing in satisfaction from very afar, then silence again.

Ooc: Remember to make a new battle formation. If you can't decide how to split the remaining loot, I advise you to simply put it into the horse and then use it when needed.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-01 at 07:50 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ezren exclaims in alarm as his companions run off into the woods. He jumps forward and attempts to grab Ryu's arm, but the trees seem to think otherwise. He bangs against the trunk of the tree blocking his path for at least 20 minutes. At last, he sits down hard. He looks around at the others who seem to have fought off the charm of the music, and realizes he must not show weakness. He stands walks over to the remaining loot, and places it in the saddlebags attached to the horse. He climbs onto the saddle, talking to the rest of the group as he does so.

We must find a way to save the others. The way I see it, any way is as good as any other. I vote for following the path of the men we were already following, and trying to kill two birds with one stone. I will ride in front, if any of you choose to follow.