New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

C637
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousD&Der View Post
    You're probably going to be upset with me, but I don't quite like this one. It's not that it isn't good, it is.

I'm just borderline retarded, and have trouble keeping up with the info for it. There are two points of ambiguity I notice, at least to someone as mentally braindead as me. What happens if your caster level isn't as high as the maneuver you wish to initiate?
    Then you can't do it. I suggest one saves one's ACTUAL rebuking attempts for those situations.
    And if you haven't taken at least 9 of the 10 levels of Ruby Knight Vindicator (granted the awesome bonus is available upon the 7th level of it), would this feat be unable to apply to the missing levels of techniques gained?
    Correct. Can't be applied in those situations.
    I just -fully-, using -both- my -eyes- -and- my -brain- re-read and understood the previous feat. Except for the bit that notes that the regained Turn Undead must be used specifically for Turning Undead, it actually looks perfect. A Full Round Action chilling out gives me a mechanical reason to invoke Big Bad Gloating, as well as an actual reason that I've made myself susceptible to counter attack.
    You could use it that way, and it would have the advantages you describe, but the original idea was to reward fore-thought. Get what you need BEFORE the fighting starts.
    Otherwise, I can use my best available spell to instantly empower myself if need be.

Is their any chance the line in the previous version can be reworded/removed? I'll be using this a lot to command my Undead Minions, but being able to avert "Cutscene Power To The Max" and initiating a Total Party Jaw Drop with 1 turn through some pretty darn cool combos would be... well, epic.
    Well, I don't know one way or another about the balance of that. I know DMM is supposed to be cheese, but maybe only when nightsticks get involved... speaking of which, between nightsticks, Extra Turning, and MAYBE a charisma +2 or +4 item (you can combine cloak of resistance and cloak of charisma, it just costs more).... Well, IF you have the book for nightsticks, which I do not, you can use those.

In the end, it is your campaign, houserule what you like. There are a few cases that I would object, but this is not one of them provided you PM me or post in this thread what version you use, an account of the battle, and your thoughts on how the feat performed, both good and bad. Otherwise I forbid you from using any of my homebrew, ever. (NOT kidding, this is a specific request for help you are making from me, so I am going to say that play-test data is NOT optional).
    I'm sorry to keep bothering you, and I thank you for your assistance and homebrewing.
    Not a problem actually.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

R 639

First I'd like to thank Kellus for introducing me to that lovely class.

Second, I've had a funny idea in my head. A 5-level prestige class (possible name/focus: Dizzy Warrior); the first four levels give him crippling penalties for meager benefits, while the capstone is the ability to force the penalties onto others while reaping the benefits, and possibly increasing them at the expense of his enemy.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ettin in the Playground

R 640

Looking for some Wis based casting for a friend.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    R 640

Looking for some Wis based casting for a friend.
    Q 640
    1. If you mean a base class, that is beyond the scope of this thread from what I hear, try making your own thread.
    2. Regardless of if the above is correct, you need to be a bit more specific, since the cleric, druid, and paladin all technically meet your description.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Firbolg in the Playground

Q. 640
    Will your DM allow you to refluff classes? If so you could have the Mechanics of a sorcerer but your fluff comes from pure willpower instead of blood.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground

R 641

I'm going to start DMing a campaign for a few freinds soon (a little under 2 weeks), in which a lot of generally bad things are happeneing.

I'd like to request a few different levels ands variants of basically teh same monster. The Revenant, if you've played Warcraft 3, like that, a spirit in shredded armor, and weapons tall, lanke, and creepy.

I'd like one thet a group of level 1s could fight, and be challenged. It'd be a snowy enviornment (mountain mines), it's powers based on snow, ice, and wind. I'm planning on using it as an awakened spirit from the mining operation, and it's been terrorizing the miners.

The second is for level 5s. It's going to be found in a desert area, most likely in or around a pyramid, it's going to be triggered after the PCs take a certain quest based item it's powers would be based on sand, and death.

The final one is for level 10s. It's going to be found in a ruined castle, near the edges of swamp, with uncontrolled fires burning in the castle itself. It's powers based on fire, water, and earth.

Take what it's powers are based on and sort or work them. Thanks for the help!
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

7. - Top - End - #1297

Zombie

R642 repost from this thread

Hi all,

I'm playing a succubus in a gestalt game (actually a redeemed* succubus/spellthief), i'm soon enough going to get the Alternate Form ability, which as specified for the succubus is humanoids only.

Problem is, i'm not finding anything that could improve on this ability.

So i'm in need of a feat, an ACF, magical item, additional racial levels (i'm using the revised savage species progression) or whatever to allow me to gradually add more creature types to my Alternate Form power.

The ones i'm most interested of are Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Outsiders, and Aberrations.
    (Why in the Abyss can't a succubus turn into a dryad, siren, ghaele or female minotaur, while a phasm can ? Lord Demorgorgon pray for me !!)

I know there are balance issues with the Alternate Form Ability, and I'm biased since this is my character, so would any of you brilliant Homebrewers cook something up for me ?

* : Redeemed is a template from book of templates, deluxe edition, aimed at evil outsiders. You lose summoning, energy drain, 2 points of LA, and all evil spell likes and characteristic are replaced with good-aligned equivalents (so i got DR/evil, lucky me) ;-)
    Also comes with some flavorful aura and touch effects, my choice was friendship aura and minor charm touch.
    My Homebrew :
    The Otherworldly Dancer
    The Beautiful Freak
    more to come ...

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delegreg View Post
    R642
    I'm soon enough going to get the Alternate Form ability, which as specified for the succubus is humanoids only.

Problem is, I'm not finding anything that could improve on this ability.

So I'm in need of a feat, an ACF, magical item, additional racial levels (i'm using the revised savage species progression) or whatever to allow me to gradually add more creature types to my Alternate Form power.

The ones I'm most interested of are Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Outsiders, and Aberrations.
    (Why in the Abyss can't a succubus turn into a dryad, siren, ghaele or female minotaur, while a phasm can ? Lord Demorgorgon pray for me !!)
    Q642
    For reference, from the SRD:
    Alternate Form
    Spoiler
    Show

A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using alternate form reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use alternate form to take the form of a creature with a template. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the creature:

• The creature retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form. If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the creature gains that subtype as well.
    • The creature loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its original form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its original form not derived from class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    • The creature gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
    • The creature retains the special qualities of its original form. It does not gain any special qualities of its new form.
    • The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its new form.
    • The creature gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its original form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas with one exception: the creature retains the hit points of its original form despite any change to its Constitution.
    • The creature retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    • Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    • The creature retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
    • The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    • Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

It might be helpful to know: Why PRECISELY do you want this ability?
    1. What appeals to ME about playing a versatile shapeshifter is much like that of playing a versatile spellcaster (especially wizard). I want my success to be directly proportional to how skillful I am at selecting a form that fits the specific challenges I will be facing at that time and I want access to the INTERESTING abilities of that creature.
    2. But this may not be what YOU want at all! You may want the ability to socialize extensively with a wide variety of races with their social defenses not getting in the way.
    3. Or you may want access to the more powerful forms, complete with special abilities, and are going to be sticking to the most powerful one you can get.

So that is at least 3 possibilities, each of which requires a different approach to homebrewing up a solution.

Random idea: Saying that you retain your physical ability scores, or those of the race you are turning into, whichever is LOWER would be a significant nerf that you might not mind. Saying that the size bonuses for turning into something larger don't count would be a way to make this slightly less of a nerf. Saying you can't turn into anything that has a Strength or Constitution score more than some amount higher than your own would be a POTENTIAL nerf to the original idea.

But... at the end of the day: Need more data!
    Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #1299

Zombie

C642

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Q642
    For reference, from the SRD:
    Alternate Form
    Spoiler
    Show

A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using alternate form reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use alternate form to take the form of a creature with a template. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the creature:

• The creature retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form. If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the creature gains that subtype as well.
    • The creature loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its original form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its original form not derived from class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    • The creature gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
    • The creature retains the special qualities of its original form. It does not gain any special qualities of its new form.
    • The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its new form.
    • The creature gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its original form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas with one exception: the creature retains the hit points of its original form despite any change to its Constitution.
    • The creature retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    • Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    • The creature retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
    • The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    • Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

It might be helpful to know: Why PRECISELY do you want this ability?
    1. What appeals to ME about playing a versatile shapeshifter is much like that of playing a versatile spellcaster (especially wizard). I want my success to be directly proportional to how skillful I am at selecting a form that fits the specific challenges I will be facing at that time and I want access to the INTERESTING abilities of that creature.
    2. But this may not be what YOU want at all! You may want the ability to socialize extensively with a wide variety of races with their social defenses not getting in the way.
    3. Or you may want access to the more powerful forms, complete with special abilities, and are going to be sticking to the most powerful one you can get.

So that is at least 3 possibilities, each of which requires a different approach to homebrewing up a solution.

Random idea: Saying that you retain your physical ability scores, or those of the race you are turning into, whichever is LOWER would be a significant nerf that you might not mind. Saying that the size bonuses for turning into something larger don't count would be a way to make this slightly less of a nerf. Saying you can't turn into anything that has a Strength or Constitution score more than some amount higher than your own would be a POTENTIAL nerf to the original idea.

But... at the end of the day: Need more data!
    Okay, i'll try to address the questions :

First of all, i'm getting Alternate Form, as per the SRD quote. No need to linger on nerfing the game mechanics, i'm getting it as is (it's a part of the savage species progression). I'll get 1 (fixed) Humanoid form at first, then 3 fixed forms, then finally any Humanoid form. The restriction for the Succubus is she can only choose Humanoid forms. I'd like, for example, to be able to change into a dryad, which is humanoid, but doesn't have the Humanoid type (it's a Fey). So what i need is not something to give me Alternate Form, but something to bypass my Alternate Form's restriction so I can use the Fey type instead of the Humanoid type when i so choose. It doesn't matter if i don't get the Ex or Su abilities, but vision, movement modes, etc.. do.

1. About idea n° 2, yes, this is not about game crunch, but more about rp opportunities. I'd like to expand my form repertoire so i have more social options for interactions.
    2. In my (imagined) progression i'm probably going to take the "Assume supernatural ability" feat, but once again, not for crunch, but as a disguise help (so you're an illithid, prove it and mind blast me !).
    3. Size does not matter (silly joke ain't it). I mean i don't mind sticking to things between Small and Medium.

What i mean is that i primarily want a more versatile social tool, secondarily opening up possibilities (cf : Assume Su Ability, or dip into Warshaper).

As i'm playing gestalt, the focus of the character will be either social interactions through the succubus path, or debuffing/secondary caster throught the spellthief progression. Gaining more power from forms would only be icing on the cake, as the character is already very fun to play with.

So what i'd really like is one of these :

• an expansion of the Succubus progression that would allow me to gradually gain more alternate form types/sizes (ie : much like MoMF but with a smaller type list and less dead levels) or even get into full polymorph mode (succubi initially were designed in 3.0 with polymorph into humanoid at will, changed to alternate form in 3.5)
    • a chain of feats to allow this kind of progression
    • a magic item (or set thereof) granting one or all of these effects

And the main goals :

• Get Fey, Monstrous humanoids, Aberrations and Outsiders as additional Alternate Form types
    • Icing on the cake would be to find a way to qualify for warshaper (evolve alternate form to polymorph or change shape)

I'm able to dedicate 4-5 class levels or 4-5 feats to this evolution.

Thanks for your help.
    My Homebrew :
    The Otherworldly Dancer
    The Beautiful Freak
    more to come ...

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Dwarf in the Playground

R643 : If any of you have any interest in the Alternate Class Feature Sigil Circle made by Stycotl. I would love to see a Prestige Class using this option.

Im not sure if its possible to do a 10 level long PrC from this, but it may work as a 5 level PrC instead. Probably a increase in caster level when using the Sigil, more use per day and better storage, but beside this what can we do ? He could teleport to every Sigil he have scribe using is daily charge and maybe have a permanent alarm spell on each Sigil so that if triggered can decide to scry on the sigil.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

R 644:
    I'm looking for a feat that will allow the normal maximum skill ranks in a skill to be bypassed. However, it would need some other cap, limiting factor, or drawback so that it can't get too crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1302

R645:

I am looking for a feat that can allow an arcane caster to obtain a single cleric domain. Unlike Arcane Disciple I am not looking for just the spells but rather the whole domain, including it's granted power. I also, however, want the feat to add the domain's spells to the arcanist's spellbook(or spells known) and have them cast off of their casting stat rather then wisdom, as Arcane Disciple dose. The catch? I want it to be balanced somehow so it will still be excepted by most DMs, such as maybe being able to take the feat once and only once or some other drawback such as acquiring taint each time you use the domain's spells. I am primarily looking for using this as a way to get the Undeath and/or deathbound domain on a wizard using the ACF I was made earler in this thread, though being able to be used for other purposes would be a plus. However, if you want to limit to necromantic domains for balance purposes or just re-work that ACF to gain the undeath domain either of those angles would be fine as well.
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-07-12 at 06:53 PM.
    Awesome evil Necro-Cleric Avatar created by Ceika

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 3 Lawful Evil Half-Elf Cleric with the following ability scores...

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

To find out your D&D self take this quiz today!

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    R 644:
    I'm looking for a feat that will allow the normal maximum skill ranks in a skill to be bypassed. However, it would need some other cap, limiting factor, or drawback so that it can't get too crazy.
    Q/H 644
    If you are trying to get a higher modifier, what is wrong with Skill Focus?
    If you are trying to get into a PrC early that is probably very hard to balance since delaying entry until a specific level is what the entry requirements are for in the first place.

Just as a talking point, here is a VERY rough draft that is probably overpowered in many cases.
    Extreme Skill focus
    Pre-requisites: Skill ranks in less than half of your class skills for one class that you have, Skill Focus in one of the class skills, max skill ranks in that same class skill.
    Drawbacks: Remove half the class skills from that class. You may not remove the skill that this feat applies to. Whenever you gain a level in ANY class (base or prestige) that has that skill on its class skill list you MUST put as many skill points as allowed into that skill. Reduce your ranks in that skill by 3 for purposes of meeting PrC, feat, and other such requirements.
    Benefits: The selected skill (the one you have skill focus and maxed ranks in BEFORE you take this feat) has its maximum number of skill ranks increased by 3. You must then move all your skill ranks that you gained at this level up into that skill or move 3 skill ranks gained at this level-up into that skill, whichever is less. (In other words, the skill must be as high as possible both before and after the level-up that gained you this feat.)

So... that is pretty hard to understand, possibly overpowered, but it is a start.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-07-12 at 06:52 PM.
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Q/H 644
    If you are trying to get a higher modifier, what is wrong with Skill Focus?
    If you are trying to get into a PrC early that is probably very hard to balance since delaying entry until a specific level is what the entry requirements are for in the first place.

Just as a talking point, here is a VERY rough draft that is probably overpowered in many cases.
    Extreme Skill focus
    Pre-requisites: Skill ranks in less than half of your class skills for one class that you have, Skill Focus in one of the class skills, max skill ranks in that same class skill.
    Drawbacks: Remove half the class skills from that class. You may not remove the skill that this feat applies to. Whenever you gain a level in ANY class (base or prestige) that has that skill on its class skill list you MUST put as many skill points as allowed into that skill. Reduce your ranks in that skill by 3 for purposes of meeting PrC, feat, and other such requirements.
    Benefits: The selected skill (the one you have skill focus and maxed ranks in BEFORE you take this feat) has its maximum number of skill ranks increased by 3. You must then move all your skill ranks that you gained at this level up into that skill or move 3 skill ranks gained at this level-up into that skill, whichever is less. (In other words, the skill must be as high as possible both before and after the level-up that gained you this feat.)

So... that is pretty hard to understand, possibly overpowered, but it is a start.
    So it removes half of your skills but gives you a 3-higher cap, you are require to meet that cap, and the extra doesn't count for prereqs?
    I'd think the cap would need to be higher or you'd need to remove less skills. Otherwise you lose a lot more than you gain.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    So it removes half of your skills but gives you a 3-higher cap, you are require to meet that cap, and the extra doesn't count for prereqs?
    I'd think the cap would need to be higher or you'd need to remove less skills. Otherwise you lose a lot more than you gain.
    Seemed about right for me, but as I said, it was a VERY rough draft, just for purposes of discussion. How high would you suggest?
    Probably unproductive (at this time) counter-argument within spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lotta chatter on these boards about the power of Diplomacy and UMD. A rogue dropping stuff like Knowledge(Local), Appraise, and Forgery would be well-served in many campaigns.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-07-12 at 08:29 PM.
    Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

Lotta chatter on these boards about the power of Diplomacy and UMD. Seemed about right for me.
    Yeah, I know some skills are overpowered, it just seems that 3 extra ranks aren't enough for much more to happen. I am relatively inexperienced, though, but that's my gut reaction.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

C644
    You ninja-ed my edit.
    How high would you suggest? I realize you don't know much, but, then again, neither do I. I homebrew a lot more than I play so I am very aware of my lack of an empirical basis for my understanding.
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

C644
    You ninja-ed my edit.
    How high would you suggest? I realize you don't know much, but, then again, neither do I. I homebrew a lot more than I play so I am very aware of my lack of an empirical basis for my understanding.
    I'd say maybe 5, since most skill checks scale by multiples of 5 until you get to the really crazy stuff (like Diplomacy for Hostile -> Friendly or any Epic check). That guarantees you go one increment higher in most scaling cases AFAIK.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-07-12 at 08:58 PM.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

H645
    Improved Arcane Disciple
    Requires: Arcane Disciple, arcane class level 5 or higher

You get the domain power of the domain you selected with arcane disciple as well. Your effective cleric level for the purpose of the domain power equals the level you use in an arcane class when selecting arcane spells, minus 4. This does not stack with levels from other sources. For example you could not use it to have an extra high caster level for the purposes of the magic domain.

If the domain grants a turning ability you gain the ability to turn that creature as a cleric of your effective cleric level for the purpose of the domain power, but this does not grant the ability to turn undead, nor does it add additional turning uses if you already have the ability to turn. Instead use the source with the greater number of uses per day to determine uses per day and/or effective level. Selecting the sun domain or similar does not grant the ability to turn undead. Since these turn uses are not turn undead attempts they may not be used as turn undead attempts to power other abilities, such as divine meta-magic. They may, however, benefit from anything that benefits turn undead.

Greater Arcane Disciple
    Requires: Arcane Disciple, arcane class level 5 or higher, Improved Arcane Disciple

Your effective cleric level for the purpose of the domain power you selected with improved arcane disciple equals the level you use in an arcane class when selecting arcane spells. You may also use your ability score in your arcane class for the purpose of casting your domain spells, if greater.

Balance note: Yes, you usually want to pick greater arcane disciple quickly if a domain has level dependent abilities or if a lot of the domain spells have save DCs. The lack of major pre-reqs is intentional. I thought I'd cut some slack to domains without level dependent abilities by making it 1 feat less. I mean these tend to be a +1 caster level for certain spells or some such. At the same time I thought most other domain powers were worth more than a feat, or even for domains with weaker domain powers changing the casting stat is likewise worth a feat.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-07-14 at 06:19 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

20. - Top - End - #1310

I specifically said in my request that I wanted the spells to not be based on wisdom but rather your own casting stat. Perhaps adding that to one of the improved or greater feats would work? If so, which one should have that?

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I missed that part. Adding it to greater arcane disciple would make sense, and I edited my above post to reflect this. I also fixed the wording in that feat a little. I mean, switching the casting stat is worth a feat by itself but I think the likelihood is low that someone needs both the higher effective cleric level and the boosted casting stat without being able to muddle by well enough on less.

If I'm not noticing some kind of abuse where high effective cleric level and the domain power and high spell save DCs are all simultaneously extremely good, as in each one is a key factor in the same build at the same time and not merely "kinda nice but really I only need 1-2 of them", then you need a 3rd feat. This feat would change a wisdom casting stat to whatever and would not require any of the other feats.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-07-13 at 02:16 PM.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

22. - Top - End - #1312

Ok, thanks for that. Also, one thing I am confused on wording wise with the feat is the "effective cleric level for selecting spells" of the first feat. Dose this mean that instead of just adding the spells to your spellbook as Arcane disciple dose you actually use your "effective cleric level" to determine which spells you get or is that strictly used for domain powers? Also, the third feat says that you use your casting stat for the spells "If greater..." dose that mean if your casting stat is higher then your wisdom?

Also, in reguards to your Unholy Necro ACF, dose it actually gain the ability to gain all clerical necromancy spells or dose it just gain the ability to cast arcane necromancy spells at the same level a cleric casts them? If the latter, I don't see how the drawbacks are worth it as the only necromancy spell I know that the cleric gets faster then the wizard is Animate Dead. Losing 9ths level conjurations, 9th level evocations and many other powerful 9ths is a VERY big drawback just to be able to cast animate dead as a level 3, and if you don't actually gain the ability to learn clerical necromancy spells from it then in the end your losing a lot more then your gaining from it....unless there are a bunch of necromancy spells clerics get faster that I missed...
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-07-14 at 07:26 AM.

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Now "Your effective cleric level for the purpose of the domain power equals the level you use in an arcane class when selecting arcane spells, minus 4."

As for the unholy necromancer. Hmm... curse water, death ward, deathwatch, destruction, doom, mark of justice, poison, slay living, speak with dead, inflict/harm spells. Only animate dead, bestow curse, contagion and gentle repose 1 level lower. Death ward and speak with dead are kinda nice. Oh but the ability to heal your undead is huge. Alright, I'll go fix it. The unholy necromancer now gets all cleric necromancy spells using the wizard or cleric spell level, whichever is lower.

Restriction on other schools unchanged. There are still a lot of good 9th level spells available like wail of the banshee (heck that spell is even better now) and wish. I picked on conjuration, evocation and transmutation specifically as these are the main combat spell schools. I wanted to still allow them as secondary options but while forcing the class to focus more on necromancy, illusion and enchantment combat, plus the created/commanded undead of course. That's the main benefit you get in trade besides casting necromancies like a cleric.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-07-14 at 06:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1314

Nah...you don't need to change it. It is fine as is. The reason I said that you lost more then you gained was because the way you worded made it seem like you did not actually get to cast any clerical necromancy spells but instead cast all wizard/sorc necromancy spells that also appear on the cleric list at the level they appear there, rather then at the level they appear on the wiz/sorc list. If it actually gets all cleric necromancy spells that it most definitely gains enough to warrant all those spell restrictions. I apologize for misunderstanding your wording, there.
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-07-14 at 08:49 PM.

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

H 644
    Version 0.2
    Increased rank limit boost from 3 to 5.
    Still not sure about balance, so it is still just a point of reference for discussion.
    Extreme Skill focus
    Drawbacks: Remove half the class skills from that class. You may not remove the skill that this feat applies to. Whenever you gain a level in ANY class (base or prestige) that has that skill on its class skill list you MUST put as many skill points as allowed into that skill. Reduce your ranks in that skill by 5 for purposes of meeting PrC, feat, and other such requirements.
    Benefits: The selected skill (the one you have skill focus and maxed ranks in BEFORE you take this feat) has its maximum number of skill ranks increased by 5. You must then move all your skill ranks that you gained at this level up into that skill or move 5 skill ranks gained at this level-up into that skill, whichever is less. (In other words, the skill must be as high as possible both before and after the level-up that gained you this feat.)
    Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

C 644
    Wouldn't it be simpler to say extreme skill focus give a +5 to any skill, makes you pay 5 skill ranks from that skill, makes you lose half your class skills, and forces you to always put as many ranks as possible in the selected skill at every level, including the level you gained this feat at? These ranks will replace any paid to get this feat, up to all 5. Requires skill focus in that skill, max ranks in that skill and ranks in less than half of your class skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Maho-Tsukai View Post
    Nah...you don't need to change it. It is fine as is. The reason I said that you lost more then you gained was because the way you worded made it seem like you did not actually get to cast any clerical necromancy spells but instead cast all wizard/sorc necromancy spells that also appear on the cleric list at the level they appear there, rather then at the level they appear on the wiz/sorc list. If it actually gets all cleric necromancy spells that it most definitely gains enough to warrant all those spell restrictions. I apologize for misunderstanding your wording, there.
    There was no misunderstanding, that's how it was and I edit-fixed the original post thanks to your comment. Well good to hear some confirmation of its present form.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-07-15 at 02:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfLaughter View Post
    R 641
    I'm going to start DMing a campaign for a few freinds soon (a little under 2 weeks), in which a lot of generally bad things are happeneing.

I'd like to request a few different levels ands variants of basically teh same monster. The Revenant, if you've played Warcraft 3, like that, a spirit in shredded armor, and weapons tall, lanke, and creepy.

I'd like one thet a group of level 1s could fight, and be challenged. It'd be a snowy enviornment (mountain mines), it's powers based on snow, ice, and wind. I'm planning on using it as an awakened spirit from the mining operation, and it's been terrorizing the miners.

The second is for level 5s. It's going to be found in a desert area, most likely in or around a pyramid, it's going to be triggered after the PCs take a certain quest based item it's powers would be based on sand, and death.

The final one is for level 10s. It's going to be found in a ruined castle, near the edges of swamp, with uncontrolled fires burning in the castle itself. It's powers based on fire, water, and earth.

Take what it's powers are based on and sort or work them. Thanks for the help!
    H 641
    I got this.

Level 1 design thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's pretty tough to design a ghost creature that isn't incorporeal, since a group of level 1's wouldn't stand the slightest chance against an incorporeal creature of any kind, so i went with a more conventional undead. I drew some inspiration from the Bleakborn and Wendigo, which both fit well into your theme.

Gelune

Medium Undead (Cold)
    Hit Dice: 3d12 (19 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dex, +4 scale mail), touch 11, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+5
    Attack: Masterwork longsword +6 melee (1d8+4) or frigid touch +5 melee (1d4+2 cold)
    Full Attack: Masterwork longsword +6 melee (1d8+4) or frigid touch +5 melee (1d4+2 cold)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Frigid Touch, Arctic Zephyr
    Special Qualities: Ice step, darkvision 60 ft., undead traits
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con -, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Skills:
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude
    Environment: Cold mountains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, coven (3-5)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement: 4-7 HD (Medium), 8+ HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: --
    A towering humanoid with blue-gray skin stands in the mouth of the cave, an unseen wind billowing its armored robes like sheer silk. It holds a longsword effortlessly in one hand, raised in an offensive posture. As it takes a step toward you, a gust of freezing wind blows across you and the ground nearby crusts over with black ice. It swings its sword through the air and shrieks.

Gelunes are the reanimated spirits of skilled warriors who perished in the cold, often due to an avalanche or blizzard. They retain their skill as a fighter and become one with the cold that claimed their lives, seeking nothing but to bring as many others as they can into the cold with them. Gelunes cannot speak, but understand the languages they spoke in life (usually Common).

Combat
    Gelunes are skilled tacticians, using their Arctic Zephyr ability to separate dangerous warriors while dispatching spellcasters with their blade and frontline attackers with their Frigid Touch attack. They fight to the death, without exception, preferring to bring their foes into the frigid darkness or be destroyed in the attempt.

Frigid Touch (Su): The very touch of a gelune leeches the heat from the body of a victim. With a successful melee touch attack, a gelune can deal 1d4 cold damage plus extra damage equal to their charisma modifier as the warmth drains away from their victim, leaving their skin frostbitten and petrified.

Arctic Zephyr (Su): As a swift action, a gelune may churn up the winds around them, pushing foes away. They may initiate a bull rush attempt against any one foe within 10 feet without provoking attacks of opportunity or entering the target's square, but otherwise resolving the attempt normally. They receive a +4 bonus to their bull rush check for the purpose of this ability only. The gelune does not need to follow the target of their bull rush.

Ice Step (Ex): Gelunes walk across snow and ice as easily as grass, ignoring all movement penalties due to arctic terrain.

----------------------

Level 5 design thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now we're getting to a level where incorporeality is feasible and it doesn't seem appropriate. I can get it halfway there, though. I like the idea of a humanoid cloud of sand (this one definitely wouldn't be an undead), and I can draw plenty of inspiration from Sandstorm.

Arrenon

Large Elemental (Air)
    Hit Dice: 7d8+42 (73 hp)
    Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), fly 30 ft (perfect)
    Armor Class: 20 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +6 +1 breastplate), touch 15, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+12
    Attack: Slam +9 melee (1d8+3) or masterwork heavy mace +10 melee (1d10+3)
    Full Attack: Masterwork heavy mace +10 melee (1d10+3) and slam +4 melee (1d8+3)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft
    Special Attacks: Sand blast, whirlwind
    Special Qualities: Shifting Sands, sand healing 10, evasion
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +4
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 20, Con 22, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 6
    Skills:
    Feats: Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, Lightning Reflexes
    Environment: Warm deserts, underground
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: -
    Level Adjustment: -
    A whirling mass of sand rises from the floor, forming into a vaguely humanoid, shifting cloud within the armor that once rested on the ground, lifting the adjacent mace into the air menacingly. The indistinct figure rises into the air, the hissing sand sounding like a swarm of furious bees.

Arrenons are large air elementals bound with a very specific ritual, created by the desert elves, that ties them fundamentally to the sand around them, making it part of their very form. Their cloud is typically about 16 feet tall and contains about 40 pounds of sand. Arrenons speak Auran, though it is rare for them to choose to.

Combat
    Arrenons are almost always bound to defend the riches of long-dead pharaohs or other treasures, and defend these objects to the death. They use their sand blast ability to cripple their enemies and spin into a whirlwind if foes become too threatening in melee. They fly into the air only when they feel they are not in danger, but otherwise keep to the sand to make use of their sand healing ability.

Sand Blast (Su): The arrenon conjures up a strong burst of wind, sending sand careening toward enemies. All creatures in a 20-foot cone take 4d6 slashing damage and are blinded for one minute (DC 17 reflex half damage, save negates blindness).

Whirlwind (Su): Once every 10 minutes, the arrenon can transform itself into a whirlwind that it can maintain for up to 3 rounds. In this form, the arrenon can move through the air or along the ground at its fly speed. The whirlwind is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 30 feet wide at the top, and up to 40 feet tall. The arrenon controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet. The arrenon’s movement while in whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if it enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the arrenon moves into or through the creature’s space. Creatures of Medium size or smaller might take damage when caught in the whirlwind and may be lifted into the air. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 16) when it comes into contact with the whirlwind or take 2d6 slashing damage and be blinded for one round from the whirling sand. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful winds, automatically taking the indicated damage each round. A creature that can fly is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the whirlwind. The creature still takes damage but can leave if the save is successful.

Shifting Sands (Ex): Due to the constantly shifting and moving form of the arrenon, it benefits from concealment, giving a 20% miss chance to all attacks made against it.

Sand healing (Su): Any time the arrenon is in contact with a quantity of sand larger than itself, it collects sand into its form, healing the listed amount each round it remains in contact.

Incendiate

Large Elemental (Fire)
    Hit Dice: 14d8+112 (175 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), fly 40 ft (good)
    Armor Class: 25 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +7 +2 breastplate, +7 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 23
    Base Attack/Grapple:+10/+22
    Attack: +1 flaming maul +19 melee (3d6+12 plus 1d6 fire) or slam +18 melee (2d6+8 plus 2d6 fire)
    Full Attack: +1 flaming maul +19 melee (3d6+12 plus 1d6 fire) and 2 slams +13 melee (2d6+8 plus 2d6 fire)
    Special Attacks: Blazing Arc, Fissure, Magma Burst
    Special Qualities: Burning Form, damage reduction 10/adamantine, SR 22, elemental traits
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +5
    Abilities Str 26, Dex 14, Con 25, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10
    Skills:
    Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Improved Toughness, Improved Bull Rush, Awesome Blow
    Environment: Warm swamps, volcanoes
    Challenge Rating: 12
    Treasure: Standard plus large +1 flaming maul and large +2 breastplate
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement:

An enormous, hovering figure wearing a breastplate charred black and wielding a massive maul cracking with fiery energy looms in the ruins before you. Its body is dark and stony with veins of magma constantly cracking open and cooling shut across it. A crack splits open on its head and it roars at you, spewing lava across the ground.

Incendiates are the result of a greater fire and earth elemental both being bound within a suit of armor, something only possible for the greatest of arcanists. Their essence merges to form a volcanic creature capable of incredible feats of strength and exploding forth with magma at all times. Incendiates stand about 12 feet tall and weigh about four thousand pounds. They speak Ignan and Terran, but rarely choose to speak.

Combat
    Incendiates are not subtle, brilliant, or talented tacticians. They are straightforward, brutish, and violent fighters, using their area attacks to damage as many enemies as possible at once. It often uses Fissure and Magma Burst to sow chaos by separating parties from one another and limiting their movement, even trapping them in confined spaces.

Blazing Arc (Su): As a full-round action, the incendiate can wreathe its weapon in flame and whirl it in an unstoppable swing, hitting all creatures within its reach in a 180 degree arc, dealing maul damage plus 3d6 extra fire damage (reflex DC 22 half).

Fissure (Ex): Using its incredible strength, the incendiate can slam its maul into the ground, cracking the earth apart and creating a fissure 50 feet deep into the earth below (reflex DC 20 escapes) in a 30-foot line. If a victim successfully saves, they may move to either side of the fissure at their option.

Magma Burst (Su): Swinging their hand as magma spews from it, an incendiate can fill any three contiguous squares within their reach with lava as a standard action, dealing 4d6 damage to any enemy that enters the square or begins their turn in the square for ten rounds.

Burning Form (Su): The magma constantly bursting from the incendiate's body causes their attacks and skin to become deadly to the touch. All natural attacks the incendiate uses deal an extra 2d6 fire damage, and any successful melee attack made against the incendiate deals the same damage to the attacker. Attackers using reach weapons are exempt from this damage.
    Last edited by Cheesy74; 2011-10-22 at 06:55 PM.
    HOMEBREW
    The Phase Dancer - A spellsword who has learned to use teleportation to stab people.
    The Stalwart - An unarmed, unarmored wall of muscle that fights with surges of strength and massive combat maneuver combos.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy74 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    H 641
    I got this.

Level 1 design thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's pretty tough to design a ghost creature that isn't incorporeal, since a group of level 1's wouldn't stand the slightest chance against an incorporeal creature of any kind, so i went with a more conventional undead. I drew some inspiration from the Bleakborn and Wendigo, which both fit well into your theme.

Gelune

Medium Undead (Cold)
    Hit Dice: 3d12 (19 hp)
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dex, +4 scale mail), touch 11, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+5
    Attack: Masterwork longsword +6 melee (1d8+4) or frigid touch +5 melee (1d4+2 cold)
    Full Attack: Masterwork longsword +6 melee (1d8+4) or frigid touch +5 melee (1d4+2 cold)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Frigid Touch, Arctic Zephyr
    Special Qualities: Ice step, darkvision 60 ft., undead traits
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con -, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Skills:
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude
    Environment: Cold mountains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, coven (3-5)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always neutral evil
    Advancement: 4-7 HD (Medium), 8+ HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: --
    A towering humanoid with blue-gray skin stands in the mouth of the cave, an unseen wind billowing its armored robes like sheer silk. It holds a longsword effortlessly in one hand, raised in an offensive posture. As it takes a step toward you, a gust of freezing wind blows across you and the ground nearby crusts over with black ice. It swings its sword through the air and shrieks.

Gelunes are the reanimated spirits of skilled warriors who perished in the cold, often due to an avalanche or blizzard. They retain their skill as a fighter and become one with the cold that claimed their lives, seeking nothing but to bring as many others as they can into the cold with them. Gelunes cannot speak, but understand the languages they spoke in life (usually Common).

Combat
    Gelunes are skilled tacticians, using their Arctic Zephyr ability to separate dangerous warriors while dispatching spellcasters with their blade and frontline attackers with their Frigid Touch attack. They fight to the death, without exception, preferring to bring their foes into the frigid darkness or be destroyed in the attempt.

Frigid Touch (Su): The very touch of a gelune leeches the heat from the body of a victim. With a successful melee touch attack, a gelune can deal 1d4 cold damage plus extra damage equal to their charisma modifier as the warmth drains away from their victim, leaving their skin frostbitten and petrified.

Arctic Zephyr (Su): As a swift action, a gelune may churn up the winds around them, pushing foes away. They may initiate a bull rush attempt against any one foe within 10 feet without provoking attacks of opportunity or entering the target's square, but otherwise resolving the attempt normally. The gelune does not need to follow the target of their bull rush.

Ice Step (Ex): Gelunes walk across snow and ice as easily as grass, ignoring all movement penalties due to arctic terrain.

----------------------

Level 5 design thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now we're getting to a level where incorporeality is feasible and it doesn't seem appropriate. I can get it halfway there, though. I like the idea of a humanoid cloud of sand (this one definitely wouldn't be an undead), and I can draw plenty of inspiration from Sandstorm.

Arrenon

Large Elemental (Air)
    Hit Dice: 7d8+35 (66 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), fly 30 ft (perfect)
    Armor Class: 20 (+4 Dex, +6 +1 breastplate), touch 14, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+9
    Attack: Slam +9 melee (1d8) or masterwork heavy mace +10 melee (1d10)
    Full Attack: Slam +9 melee (1d8) and masterwork heavy mace +10 melee (1d10)
    Special Attacks: Sand blast, whirlwind
    Special Qualities: Shifting Sands, sand healing 10, evasion
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +4
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 6
    Skills:
    Feats: Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, Lightning Reflexes
    Environment: Warm deserts, underground
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: -
    A whirling mass of sand rises from the floor, forming into a vaguely humanoid, shifting cloud within the armor that once rested on the ground, lifting the adjacent mace into the air menacingly. The indistinct figure rises into the air, the hissing sand sounding like a swarm of furious bees.

Combat
    Arrenons are almost always bound to defend the riches of long-dead pharaohs or other treasures, and defend these objects to the death. They use their sand blast ability to cripple their enemies and spin into a whirlwind if foes become too threatening in melee. They fly into the air only when they feel they are not in danger, but otherwise keep to the sand to make use of their sand healing ability.

Sand Blast (Su): The arrenon conjures up a strong burst of wind, sending sand careening toward enemies. All creatures in a 20-foot cone take 4d6 slashing damage and are blinded for one minute (DC 17 reflex half damage, save negates blindness).

Whirlwind (Su): Once every 10 minutes, the arrenon can transform itself into a whirlwind that it can maintain for up to 3 rounds. In this form, the arrenon can move through the air or along the ground at its fly speed. The whirlwind is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 30 feet wide at the top, and up to 40 feet tall. The arrenon controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet. The arrenon’s movement while in whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if it enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the arrenon moves into or through the creature’s space. Creatures of Medium size or smaller might take damage when caught in the whirlwind and may be lifted into the air. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 16) when it comes into contact with the whirlwind or take 2d6 slashing damage and be blinded for one round from the whirling sand. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful winds, automatically taking the indicated damage each round. A creature that can fly is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the whirlwind. The creature still takes damage but can leave if the save is successful.

Shifting Sands (Ex): Due to the constantly shifting and moving form of the arrenon, it benefits from concealment, giving a 20% miss chance to all attacks made against it.

Sand healing (Su): Any time the arrenon is in contact with a quantity of sand larger than itself, it collects sand into its form, healing the listed amount each round it remains in contact.

It's currently 1 AM where I live, so I'm off to bed, but I promise to do the final revenant tomorrow.
    R 641
    Awesome I didn't think of the incorporeal thing (me being stupid :P)

Looking good so far, the only thing I saw was the sand healing, lacks an amount, unless I missed it, or you're going to finish later on. I'm an idiot I just noticed it.... :P
    Anywho! Thanks!
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2011-07-17 at 12:39 AM.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

29. - Top - End - #1319

R646

I would like an ACF for archivists that makes them good necromancers, specifically by giving them assess to rebuke undead(which is absolutely necessary to me)but adding more flavorful additions then just trading something for rebuke would be cool, but not necessary. You have as much creative freedom as you want here so long as the archivist gets full rebuke on par with a cleric(none of this "rebukes as a cleric of X levels less.." stuff)

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

30. - Top - End - #1320

H646

Hmm, archivists don't really have any class features of comparable power, so how about...

Specialist Archivist
    Like wizards, archivists can specialize in a particular school at the cost of two other schools (though divination is not special for archivists). Unlike wizards, they do not get extra spells-per-day for this. Instead, they gain special abilities related to the school. For example, an archivist(necromancer) can rebuke undead like an evil cleric of his level.

I suppose I should fill in the other schools, though it doesn't sound like you'll use them.