New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: The Order of the Stick

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant

Hi there! Cool screen name.

Gannes pretty much has it right--the note Sabine has is an elaborate feint on Nale's part to manipulate Haley with her own suspicious nature.
    Ahh. I guess that would explain why Sabine needed to so conspicuously display the note...

and woo, I have a cool name now. Although I doubt it'll be easy to make a good stick-figure rendition of like everyone else has...hmm.

Page 29 belongs to me!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So Nale's idea of impressing his father is showing up on his doorstep with an army of outdated monsters? That's his master plan? Assemble an army of misfits and rejects so laughably unbelievable that no one charged with any degree of responsibility whatsoever wanted to take the blame for updating them? Wouldn't it have been simpler (both logistically and mathmatically) to simply build up some mercenaries or something? I mean, not only did he have to find someone to dupe (OotS), but also, to make his monsters into a viable fighting force, he's in for some serious number crunching to get them all updated and, therefore usable.

3. - Top - End - #423

Yes, but you'll notice Nale's class. He's made a bard by multiclassing (Episode 50). The boy believs that unnecessarily complicated is the way to win. Yay Nale!!!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually, I believe some of those monsters are actually pretty strong. I have a fondness for hordlings for some reason...

In fact, if the pit includes various PlaneScape/SpellJammer monsters that never made it over, that could be an army capable of taking on a demigod or three.

(incidentally, PS and SJ are my two favorite settings...although I've never gotten to DM/play in either :( )

5. - Top - End - #425

Quote Originally Posted by RawBearNYC
    Yes, but you'll notice Nale's class. He's made a bard by multiclassing (Episode 50). The boy believs that unnecessarily complicated is the way to win. Yay Nale!!!
    Besides, do you know where they keep the "Amulate of summoning already converted monsters"? Cause, given a choice betweent he amulate we know and the amulate we don't, I'll take the former :P

6. - Top - End - #426

Besides, do you know where they keep the "Amulate of summoning already converted monsters"? Cause, given a choice betweent he amulate we know and the amulate we don't, I'll take the former :P
    But the latter is so much more fun! ;D

Well, maybe finding the amulate to raise a similarly impressive army of 3e viable monsters is the OotS's next quest! (After all, they got Nale the Amulet, now they have to undo the damage they caused.)

Or it could just fall into the pit due to some random scuffle between Belkar and Yikyik. Either way is cool.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey! The death dog was officially updated for 3e in the Fiend Folio. :)

There's also a "dracolisk" (fiendish half-dragon half-basilisk) in the web enhancement for City of the Spider Queen (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20020907a), because The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth was one of my favorite 1st-edition modules.

Love the strip, Rich.

James Wyatt
    James Wyatt&&D&D Designer, Wizards of the Coast

8. - Top - End - #428
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWyatt
    Hey! The death dog was officially updated for 3e in the Fiend Folio. :)

There's also a "dracolisk" (fiendish half-dragon half-basilisk) in the web enhancement for City of the Spider Queen (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20020907a), because The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth was one of my favorite 1st-edition modules.
    OK, I'll take the hit on the Death Dog--though honestly, I just really wanted to draw a two-headed puppy--but seriously, who can expect me to read the web enhancements for a module I never ran? :P At least I could be fairly confident the Flumph never showed up in 3e.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWyatt
    Love the strip, Rich.

James Wyatt
    Glad to hear it! ;D I was curious if anyone in Renton was reading it.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

9. - Top - End - #429
    Pixie in the Playground

OK, I'll take the hit on the Death Dog--though honestly, I just really wanted to draw a two-headed puppy--but seriously,
    And anyway, the Death Dog is just sooooo cute!! Makes me want to love him and hug and call him, "George."
    \"But we must think of the golfers! Our retrorockets will scorch the green for at least 100 yards!\" &&-Batman, on why not to pursue the Joker.

10. - Top - End - #430

Be careful, though, they're tough to take care of. Twice the food going in means twice the mess to clean up. :P
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Pixie in the Playground

Let us all hope that the smarter, tougher, better looking party currently manipulating the over rated Order Of The Stick emerges victorious in the end. For truly, they are smarter, tougher, and better looking.

As for the Flumph, while it was never officially updated, it was, amusingly enough, in the Tome Of Horrors put out by Necromancer Games. Did you ever feel a nostalgic thought cross your mind about the Flumph? If so, kill yourself now. And burn all the Tome Of Horrors manuals you can beforehand.

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dragon
    Let us all hope that the smarter, tougher, better looking party currently manipulating the over rated Order Of The Stick emerges victorious in the end. For truly, they are smarter, tougher, and better looking.

As for the Flumph, while it was never officially updated, it was, amusingly enough, in the Tome Of Horrors put out by Necromancer Games. Did you ever feel a nostalgic thought cross your mind about the Flumph? If so, kill yourself now. And burn all the Tome Of Horrors manuals you can beforehand.
    Cheery sort, isn't he?

13. - Top - End - #433

I don't know why, but this reminds me of a quote play we did here at school earlier this year.

"You're a 29 year-old virgin, and you tell everyone. I don't think fear of silliness is an issue here."

14. - Top - End - #434

Bogotter: What was an Opinicus again? I don't remember that one. I basically did a flip-thru of the MC from 2e for the forgotten monsters, although the flumph and the WISC were golden oldies from my memory.
    The Opinicus was an insanely powerful good aligned creature that looked goofy as hell. It had the head and forepaws of a monkey and the neck and body of a camel. Oh and it had feathery wings.

I tried to find a picture of one online but I couldnt find it. I believe it was in the original MM2.

15. - Top - End - #435

Oh, then I would have left it our anyway. Insanely powerful and Good-aligned would not fit in there. Sure, the flumphs are lawful good (*snort*) but they suck.
    Rich Burlew

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotter
    I tried to find a picture of one online but I couldnt find it. I believe it was in the original MM2.
    Never underestimate the power of Google:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Op...=Google+Search

17. - Top - End - #437
    Xander77
    Guest in the Playground

Sure, the flumphs are lawful good (*snort*) but they suck.
    Ok, now I know this isn't a nod to Pogo Stick...

Odd, I was quite certain you hung out at the CoF... ::)

18. - Top - End - #438

I can honestly say I don't even know what you are talking about. What's "Pogo Stick"?
    Rich Burlew

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Pogo Stick is a MuP of a poster who used to post at the Castle of Fun. The character is a flumph.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

20. - Top - End - #440

Never underestimate the power of Google:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Op...=Google+Search

Yes Google is powerful but I did that search as I posted as well and it doesn't have the picture I was looking for. Unfortunately Opinicus is also a type of griffon which is probably where the D&D Opinicus got it's name from. But trust me there is no mistaking the Monkey/Camel/Bird picture from the old MM2!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

Nothing sticks in my mind from the old MM2 as much as the Froghemoth.
    Ashlock.org
    WotC: The Darkwood Mask (Eberron, March 2008)
    Goodman Games: Dungeon Crawl Classics #29, #31, #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms, #48, #49
    Worlds of D&D

22. - Top - End - #442

Be careful...say its name and it might appear in Bogotter's avatar again...

On another note, this thread is so long it's annoying to load. I think I'm going to start a new one every month from now on.
    Rich Burlew