New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default could this plot move any slower?

Maybe I'll check back in a year and parson will be down 20 HP, and then he'll drink a health potion 2 weeks later.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: could this plot move any slower?

Oh. Wow. Numb is not happy. So new. Zzzzzz...

Why people keep reading comics they don't like is a mistery to me. Oh, wait! "Trolling".

Laurentio

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

"could this plot move any slower?"

Yes. Yes it could.
    Jamie Noguchi, artist and co-creator of Erfworld and evil monkey responsible for Angry Zen Master.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I remember no need for bushido not updating for a month.

And the page that was up being a big splash page of two guys drawing their swords.

Which they'd been doing in the comic before that.

And they were talking about it in the one before -that-.

Did I mention it updates weekly.

Yeah, almost two months for two guys to draw their swords and take a fecking swing at each other.

Stop being a douche. Especially an ill informed idiot of a douche.

I'm gonna go have fun trying to figure out why parson would want to hit the closest scout as hard as possible. You know, that plot thing that was one of the main themes of the update?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Be glad this isn't a Terry Goodkind book. I tried reading the 2nd book in the Sword of Truth series and quit when there was 0 plot progress untill half way through the book.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by leo_neil316 View Post
    I'm gonna go have fun trying to figure out why parson would want to hit the closest scout as hard as possible. You know, that plot thing that was one of the main themes of the update?
    Now, now. You know the rules. There has to be more physical motion than conversation for the comic to count as advancing the plot. Otherwise, a character has to dent the fourth-wall with an unnecessarily-detailed explanation of why the talking matters for it to count as even quasi-plot.

Barring these, swords and Arkentools must swing at enemies three full times.

God, it's like you have no idea what plot is.
    Don't feed the twolls.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

What is your point? The plot just started moving, and you (belatedly) complain.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Well, the advancement *is* pretty really slow, this is a fact that sarcasm or other workaround blabla's wont change..

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just check on Erfworld every few months.

Even making simple art like in OOTS probably takes time. Since (I believe) it's just one of the guys doing the art, there's only so much he can do.

10. - Top - End - #10

Glacially moving webcomics news aren't. :)

(I really need to construct a script of some sort to notify me of changes, rather than check every day.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yes. Do not tempt fate lest this comic start moving at the rate with which mountains grow.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AbuDhabi View Post
    (I really need to construct a script of some sort to notify me of changes, rather than check every day.)
    I think what you're asking for is an RSS feed. Though I haven't figured out how to make one work, I've read that they do exactly what you're asking for.
    New Terminator movie = Awesome!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I prefer using piperka.net instead of a bunch of RSS feeds, if that helps at all.
    The above post made a lot more sense in my head.

Epic avatar by Mr. Saturn. Thanks Mr. Saturn!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

There is an RSS feed already!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/comics.rss

I'll be honest, I'm pretty much a complete beginner when it comes to this sort of thing. I managed to use the personalised Google homepage and added the feed by going into "Add Stuff" then clicking on "Add Feed or Gadget" and typing in the RSS url and pressing "Add".

If you don't use Google homepage, I believe Vista has the ability to show RSS feeds with that side bar thing and Firefox can too. But I have no experience with these features personally.

"Really Simple Syndication", my boop.
    Last edited by Shlik; 2008-02-29 at 08:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

One comic I read recently came back from a two and a half month hiatus, so count yourself lucky.

I dread to think how frustrated you get whilst awaiting the release of the next book in a series or does your attention span deficit preclude the option of reading anything other than stand alone novels and completed series?

Updates are, in my opinion, a bonus that I will descend on and devour happily whensoever they fall in my lap.

I'd be a fool to think that they should be at my beck and call let alone that the creative forces at work should pander to my notion of the right way to go.
    Exploding nuns, just what everyone needs...
    Never were truer words spoken ThorFluff

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebird View Post
    I think what you're asking for is an RSS feed. Though I haven't figured out how to make one work, I've read that they do exactly what you're asking for.
    I took a tip out of someone else's book: put all the comics I'm interested in into a single menu, then once a day open a new window, hit “Open all as tabs”, and do something else while they're downloading. It then takes about two seconds of my time to check each comic and hit the close button if it hasn't updated.

Actually, I lied; I use 3 menus — one for comics to check daily, one for weekly, and one for every three or four months.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by leo_neil316 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the closest scout is utterly defeated, the rest will turn back in fear and the main force will be to scared to attack

Erfworld rocks man. And you're just asking for it posting this topic.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Yes. Do not tempt fate lest this comic start moving at the rate with which mountains grow.
    I dunno, according to my (really bad) literature teacher that might not be a problem. 'Hundreds of feet per year' is pretty fast.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-03-01 at 04:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    Be glad this isn't a Terry Goodkind book. I tried reading the 2nd book in the Sword of Truth series and quit when there was 0 plot progress untill half way through the book.
    Or Leo Tolstoy.
    Last edited by d'Bwobsling; 2008-03-01 at 10:36 AM.
    White text! Woot!!!!!!!

Even more white text!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know less than half of you half as much as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve--Bilbo

Banners and avatars by Zephra

20. - Top - End - #20

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    It already updates slower than that, so there is no fate to tempt.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jami View Post
    "could this plot move any slower?"

Yes. Yes it could.
    Nice response, Jami!

I dunno, maybe it's an age thing. I didn't grow up expecting instant gratification, constant access to everything, blah blah blah.

I'm enjoying Erfworld. Lots. The speed of the plot builds suspense and drama. I find it very well written and very well drawn.

Now, Numb: if you're talking about the speed of the updates, that's a different topic that can color your view of the plot advancement. I'd recommend reading through the archive; I suspect you'll find that you're a whole lot happier with the comic. If not, that sucks for you but really won't change the quality of my day.

Oh, and use the RSS feed that's built in, or any of the other suggestions in this thread. Your blood pressure will thank you.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: could this troll move any slower?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the closest scout is utterly defeated, the rest will turn back in fear and the main force will be to scared to attack
    Unlikely. You don't assault a place like GK without expecting significant losses, and no one ran away when Parson decimated the siege train. It's more likely he's trying to pull the wool over their eyes, not trying to frighten them off.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

[nitwit-mode]

"Slow" and "Fast" both rely (partly) on time. Since Einstein's theory of relativity tells us that time is relative, I think it cou'd move slower. At the same time, it might also be possible to move slower over there than over here!

[/nitwit-mode]
    I'd really love some peace here, thank you!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    [nitwit-mode]Since Einstein's theory of relativity tells us that time is relative, I think it cou'd move slower.
    [bozo-mode] Ah, but under Special Relativity, everything is at rest within its own inertial reference frame, so it couldn't possibly go any slower. And even if it did, General Relativity puts it at rest within its accelerated reference frame, so it still couldn't go slower. Which is a paradox, thus proving that Zeno was right all along and that plot advancement is an illusion in the minds of the deranged. [/bozo-mode]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    Nice response, Jami!

I dunno, maybe it's an age thing. I didn't grow up expecting instant gratification, constant access to everything, blah blah blah.
    I am most likely older than you.

Nice response, Jami!
    I'm enjoying Erfworld. Lots. The speed of the plot builds suspense and drama. I find it very well written and very well drawn.

Now, Numb: if you're talking about the speed of the updates, that's a different topic that can color your view of the plot advancement. I'd recommend reading through the archive; I suspect you'll find that you're a whole lot happier with the comic. If not, that sucks for you but really won't change the quality of my day.

Oh, and use the RSS feed that's built in, or any of the other suggestions in this thread. Your blood pressure will thank you.
    I was not talking about udate frequency. It seems like nothing important has happened since page 72.

As for the archive, I've been reading since #1.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by numb View Post
    I was not talking about udate frequency. It seems like nothing important has happened since page 72.
    Calm before the storm, mate. Calm before the storm.

And in any case, I wouldn't call Stanley abandoning the city as "nothing."
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-02 at 07:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Could this plot move any slower?

Nice response, Jami!

I'm 18, and I know how to be patient... I just don't like having to wait. I would honestly prefer if Jamie could work on webcomics full time (And if I read what he ment right, so would he); but he needs money; he and Audrey are food addicts after all.

Did you know that every living person on Earth has a food dependancy? Even me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Justyn; 2008-03-02 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Wrong letter... there are too many of them!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by numb View Post
    I was not talking about update frequency. It seems like nothing important has happened since page 72.

As for the archive, I've been reading since #1.
    I think I wasn't entirely clear; what I meant was, if you read through the whole comic in a sitting, rather than piecemeal as it's updated, the perception of the pace may very well change. That can be especially true if you've been keeping up with new pages the entire time.

By my understanding, the current Erfworld story arc (Arkenstory?) has been plotted out from day one. The pacing will logically follow from that same see-it-all-at-once perspective. We're left hanging not by the story, but by our limited view.

EDIT TO ADD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I would honestly prefer if Jamie could work on webcomics full time (And if I read what he meant right, so would he)
    Frankly, I'd love to get paid for the things I like to do. Sadly, they don't pay as well as being a wage slave, for me at least. Kudos to those like Rob who can manage that trick!

Did you know that every living person on Earth has a food dependency? Even me.
    Yeah, I've got a couple of addictions myself. I'm not too fond of the whole hooked-on-water thing, but I've gotta say I REALLY enjoy being an air-junky!
    Last edited by Occasional Sage; 2008-03-02 at 05:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    OR, if he hits a couple of closest scout stacks really hard, then the other marbits will hear about it, and run in fear. Morale really works well for Parson in times like these, overkill really hurts morale.
    Avatar of Richard, from the comic LFG, by Sohmer.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind View Post
    Barring these, swords and Arkentools must swing at enemies three full times. God, it's like you have no idea what plot is.
    Heh... Right, on.

I find it amusing that people get annoyed at a free resource. It’s kind of like complaining to the inventor of a freeware program.

Oh and for:

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim
    Hahahahaha… hahaha…