New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: could this plot move any slower?

In other words, Numb, your views are wrong and you should feel bad. 'Nuff said.

EDIT: The glacially-slow plot is why I never started reading Terry Goodkind. Thank the gods.

@V: See, I just heard about the glacially-slow plots and the rape stuff. And as for the rape stuff, well ... I read George R.R. Martin's books, so it would be hypocritical of me to complain.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-03 at 12:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    EDIT: The glacially-slow plot is why I never started reading Terry Goodkind. Thank the gods.
    It wasn't the misogyny, the rape/almost rape, anything Richard does, the endless speeches, the preaching, the horrible plots, the nonsense, the complete lack of consistency, the Marty Stus, the deus ex machinas, the random, meaningless violence, the... oh, I could go on, but do you really want me to?

Anyways, I think Erfworld's pace is fine. Sure, it'd be nice if they could update more often, (although, we've gotten a few in the last week, which is about on par with their original update schedule, which is awesome) but I trust that they'll get a strip up whenever they possibly can.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chionophile View Post
    It wasn't the misogyny, the rape/almost rape, anything Richard does, the endless speeches, the preaching, the horrible plots, the nonsense, the complete lack of consistency, the Marty Stus, the deus ex machinas, the random, meaningless violence, the... oh, I could go on, but do you really want me to?
    Never read the book you are talking about: now I never will. Seems kind of like Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire without the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by chionophile View Post
    Anyways, I think Erfworld's pace is fine. Sure, it'd be nice if they could update more often, (although, we've gotten a few in the last week, which is about on par with their original update schedule, which is awesome) but I trust that they'll get a strip up whenever they possibly can.
    My oppinion exactly: with the exeption of a few scant tidbits taken from stuff that Rob and Jamie say, everything we know about Erfworld has been given in 98 pages. The series is progressing very well (heck, I would say that there are a few places that seemed rushed, and I would not have been the least bit saddened to see a few extra pages added in), and I doubt that anyone would complain if Erfworld were to be updated more.
    Last edited by Justyn; 2008-03-03 at 01:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doesn't seem that slow to me. Every strip reveals something of import, or moves the story along at its own pace. Compared to OOTS which is based on DND (and awesome), the writers of Erf need to establish the "rules" of the world and stuff like that since the comic started in the middle of things.

Of course, the fact that I check half a dozen or so webcomics every day might explain why I'm not too bothered anyhow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Doesn't seem slow to me either. I hadn't read Erfworld for the last 4 or 5 months and just sat down last night to catch up...seems to me that a plot that moves well or slow is a matter of perception in this case. Of course, if one tries to write and draw his (or her) own web comic and tries to keep it updated with refreshing art and sparkling wording...then maybe you'll have a greater appreciation for what they do here...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by katana2665 View Post
    Doesn't seem slow to me either. I hadn't read Erfworld for the last 4 or 5 months and just sat down last night to catch up...seems to me that a plot that moves well or slow is a matter of perception in this case. Of course, if one tries to write and draw his (or her) own web comic and tries to keep it updated with refreshing art and sparkling wording...then maybe you'll have a greater appreciation for what they do here...
    Everything that has happened so far could be summed up in two paragraphs without missing any details
    White text! Woot!!!!!!!

Even more white text!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know less than half of you half as much as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve--Bilbo

Banners and avatars by Zephra

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by d'Bwobsling View Post
    Everything that has happened so far could be summed up in two paragraphs without missing any details
    please demonstrate said summary.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

now they're gonna slow it down to spite you.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.