New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (SW Saga)Old Republic Commando(IC)

Tasst

Saluting the LT, Tasst grabs the rope and climbs down after Myles. Upon reaching the bottom, he takes his blaster rifle back out and scans the room before moving in, taking up a position between the rest of the group and the long end of the tunnel.

"Such pretty lights we have down here," he comments to the others with a sarcastic grin.

2. - Top - End - #122

Noodo

Glancing up as if asking some higher being for help, Noodo shuts his eyes for a few moments pretending that the LT would send a trooper with his mind on the mission.

After sighing loudly, Noodo looks back at Tasst.
    "Well come on then, lets set up a decent safe zone around this area."

Moving out slowly and carefully, Noodo clears out an area around 50 feet ahead of the group, then taps Tasst on the shoulder and signals him to stay put at this location before back tracking and setting himself up 50 feet behind the main group.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not going to bother with stealth while traveling with Tasst, but will when he manages to find a reason to leave him behind.
    Will probably have to go around the corner the bend in the walk way, so Noodo will use the walls for cover where ever possable and will be moving slowly for good stealth rolls.
    Perception1 - (1d20+6)[14] if less than 20 than
    Perception2 - (1d20+6)[20] if less than 20 than
    Perception3 - (1d20+6)[14]
    Stealth - (1d20+11)[12]
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2008-03-21 at 07:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123

Myles

As they work together, Myles taking Alex's helpful input on the technical details she's discerned into his own determination, he replies to her question. "I'm a private Alex. Well, not private Alex, I'm private Myles. But that doesn't mean you get to talk down to me, we're a team, we need to be working together and look out for each other. Using this tone with others doesn't foster that, Alex.

Now, that said, thank you for your help on this. Your observations lead me to believe this is a hyperspace detector able to scan capital ships in transit. You said there were probably other sensor arrays? If we could find them then we should be able to calculate the range of this listening station. Let's get back to the others and report."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex

Alex blinks a few times and says "Oh, right. Sorry, I'm used to everyone just being out for themselves." There's an awkward silence unless Myles decides to fill it, then she stands up a bit straighter and says, "There's probably at least 3 more, and maybe as many as 8 total."
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

5. - Top - End - #125

Myles

Myles turns and smiles at Alex, "That's ok Alex. But you're in the squad now, we're here for you. There's no need to be defensive with us, treat your squad mates right and you will always be able to count on them being there for you.

3 to eight more arrays?"
    Myles does some mental calculations. "That'd mean this thing has some impressive range"

Myles leads the way back to the entry grate to report their finding to James.

Spoiler
    Show
    I avoided stating a specific range but they should be able to calculate a min / max based on Alex's assumptions of totals of 4 to 8 sensor arrays as part of the report back to the squad.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    Alex looks somewhat skeptical. "Where do you get your spice, and how can I get some of whatever you're on?" She asks, though there's a bit of genuine humor to the question that wasn't present before. She corrects him about the arrays. "3 to 7 more, or 4 to 8 total...remind me to get their sensor log and see if they picked up the Wedoota coming in."
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Tasst and Noodo cover the long tunnel while Myles and Alex kid around. When the LT gets the report he says, "I doubt its a trap, but tactically, we are very exposed as we move down the tunnel towards the base. If we encounter any resistance we will need to take them out before they can call for help. Hopefully the ambient noise in from that sensor will drown out any weapons fire. If we can't get to the power source without a much of a fight, we'll need to back track and take out the antenna first."

The LT orders, [Serrik, keep watch up top.], "Tinn and Daers, follow me. Tasst and Noodo take point. Stay about 40 meters ahead of us. Everyone may want to pull out their weapon with the longest range."

The LT climbs down into the vent shaft and soon joins Myles and Alex at the device. "That is one big sensor. At least, they can't really aim it."

Seeing that you could, if you wanted to, climb down under the sensor and cross from side to side, James doesn't really care what side people line up on, but orders, "Daers and Tinn, you two in front. Myles and Alex have rear guard."

Vent Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-22 at 08:43 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

8. - Top - End - #128

Myles

"Yessir!" Myles drops back and crosses to the other side of the tunnel so he an Alex have rearguard on opposite sides. He gives Alex a grin as he cradles his rifle and moves out, following the others up the tunnel.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daers

Daers comes down with the Lt. When ordered, he moves to an advanced position, peering through his scope. "Tinn, which side will you take?" He moves to whichever side Tinn isn't.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Tinn

"I'll go by Noodo." Tinn hefts his light repeating blaster and replaces one of the frag grenades with a stun grenade. We're in some pretty tight space here. I'd best play it safe, should worst comes ta worst. Crossing over to Noodo, he gets into a lower stance, blaster rifle at the ready. "All set, sir."
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex

"Okay, boss." Alex says. She starts walking with the rest of the squad once they begin.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

The team proceeds down the tunnel. Noodo and Tasst on point, with most everyone else about 45 meters behind(30 squares). The tunnel is one long tunnel. The team feels like its covered at least half a km already and the tunnel still seems to go on and on.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

13. - Top - End - #133

Noodo

Seeing somthing further ahead Noodo rases a hand then sends some blank static before whispering into the comm set

["Contact, unknown, approx 345 meters out. My effective range is half that."]

With that Noodo holds postion scoped up, with eyes on target keeping a watch for movement, while awaiting orders.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2008-03-22 at 07:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Tasst

Tasst stops at Nodoo's alert, squinting up ahead before signaling the comm as well. "Another contact as well, up ahead. Looks noncombative, possibly a techie."

He steps to the side of the tunnel, hugging the sides to avoid any notice.

15. - Top - End - #135

Myles

Trailing the group along the one side Myles stops when the contacts are called. He remains vigilant to the rear, trusting the others to deal with forward threats.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Tinn

Stopping when the information comes in, Tinn gets down lower and hugs the wall.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    ["You sure you two aren't talking about the same person?"] Alex whispers into the comlink, drawing her blaster quickly and setting it to stun in just as little time as she asks this.

18. - Top - End - #138

Noodo

Moving forward slowly, Noodo sighs softly and gets on the comm again ["Two seperate contacts, working at consoles, any Techie is a target, as they might repair the damage we do, now cut the chatter."]

Noodo rases his rifle and begins to sight up for a shot, which he will wait for LT to confirm before taking at 140 squares.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

The LT frowns and finally orders, [Understood. Everyone continue to move up quietly. When Noodo gives the signal, Tasst and Noodo will take out the targets. Once they fire, Tinn and Daers, will rush forward with them to secure that end of the tunnel.]

Noodo and Tasst continue to close on the two techies, who don't seem to have noticed them yet. Range is now 94 squares(141 meters).

{{ Noodo can signal, then he and Tasst can fire. Everyone else is at about 122 squares(183 meters).}}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-25 at 08:08 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Tasst

Signaling understanding, Tasst comments to Nodoo over the comm, "My effective range is about forty-five meters with my rifle. More with the canon."

Making the obvious conclusion, Tasst readies his heavy blaster rifle and gradually walks down the tunnel, sticking to shadows where possible.

Spoiler
    Show

That's a 30 square range

Stealth - (1d20+3)[23]
    (Wow... now only if that was my attack roll )

21. - Top - End - #141

Noodo

Turning to stare at Tasst in disbelief Noodo begins to consider shooting him. Before remembering the whole Same team issue. I'll put it on my to do list

Grumply replying to Tasst over the comms ["Well, use the cannon and fire from you're max effective range. I do not want them to be awear of us and remember their more or less standing still. We'll shoot off of your signal"]

Noodo edges forward following Tasst, making sure neither techy notices the team.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shooting on Tassts signal, still going stealth via last stealth roll (the lame 14) I'll also shoot my target should either target look up at us.
    Spending swift action to aim.
    Now watch me miss after paying out Tasst.
    attack - (1d20+7)[12]
    Assuming hit
    damage - (3d6+1)[9]
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2008-03-25 at 09:16 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the conversation, the LT interjects, [No! No explosives. No cannon. If someone is nearby the machine sounds may mask the blaster fire, but there is no way they'd miss cannon fire.] Hearing the team concerned about their success chances, the LT orders, [Daers and Tinn, move up with them. One fires from a standing position, the other from a kneel. Everyone coordinate so you shoot at the same moment.]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

["Yessir. On my way, Noodo."] Tinn moves as quietly as he can up to Noodo, stopping a step to the rodian's side and back, keeping low. He lays two fingers on Noodo's shoulder and gives a thumbs up, then braces his blaster and aims carefully at the tech ahead of him, waiting for a a fire order or for Noodo to fire first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth - (d20+5)[18]

2 swift actions one round to Aim. (Ignore cover bonus)
    2 swift actions after that to Brace the light repeating blaster rifle.
    Attacking with Burst Fire. (-2 for Burst Fire, -5 for Medium Range) Using a Force point.

Attack - (d20+1)[20] + Force - (d6)[2]
    Damage - (5d8+3)[22] (Treat target's Damage Threshold as 5 lower)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daers

[Yessir.] He moves up behind Tinn in a standing position. He takes aim through his scope. He waits until the proper moment before firing his (unfortunately somewhat loud) slugthrower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+7)[15] + (1d6)[1] (Using Force Point)
    Damage - (2d6+3)[14]

25. - Top - End - #145

Tasst

In reply, [As the LT pointed out, the canon's a bit too loud, even if the range is further. I can attempt the shot from any range, I'm just mentioning by best range.]

Moving up at an equal distance with the other three, Tasst aims his rifle a few moments, the fires on signal.

Spoiler
    Show

2 swift actions to aim, ignoring cover.

Attack - (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage - (3d10+1)[21]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The team sneaks forward and forward, hopeful they'll be able to close the range gap to something more reasonable. At about 70 squares(105 meters), The techie on the left glances down the hall at Tasst and then does a double take. You've been spotted.

Tasst fires, even with the extra distance manages to hit the technician in the chest, who collapses back against the wall. Hearing him fire, Noodo fires a quick shot, but misses and Tinn opens up on the poor technician. His barrage kills the man splattering blood all over the place. Daers manages to keep his weapon fully loaded as there is nothing left to shoot at.

The LT quickly order, [Move up. Double time. Secure that end of the tunnel.] He starts running forward with everyone else just in case.

As the team moves up, they find the end of the tunnel contains a bunch of computers and a metal door covered with a strange metallic-alloy mesh.

{{ Not sure how you like to handle exp... I tend to build it up and give it in chunks. When I do, I'll post it to the OOC thread. }}

27. - Top - End - #147

Myles

Myles continues to watch to the rear, moving fast to keep up with the rest of the group after they deal with the two technicians. He doesn't pause as he runs past the bodies but takes a moment to marvel at the mess Tinn made. As they reach the end of the corridor he crouches down, sighting along his rifle back in the direction of the grate they entered by.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Alex
    Alex runs with the team toward the end of the tunnel, then holsters her blaster when they arrive at the computer room. She makes sure the techs were logged in when they died, and checks what they were doing. If it's not something she needs to immediately start doing herself for the deaths to go unsuspected, she attempts to slice into admin access.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Computer to improve access - (1d20+15)[20] If the computer is Friendly(treats them as authorized users) to the techies and they didn't manage to log off before they died, add the computer's INT bonus as an equipment bonus to this check. DC is computer's Will defense. I may choose to expend a Force point on this check depending on the roll.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Tinn is up and sprinting as the LT finishes the final syllable of "double." As he realizes the tunnel ends, he slows to a steady walk, rifle aimed squarely at the door should something enter to investigate. He takes a knee, waiting for an order.

Heh. Poor sod. Didn't have a chance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception1 - (d20+6)[21] and if the result is less than 17, reroll:
    Perception2 - (d20+6)[10]

(( LE, don't matter to me regarding XP. If you never mentioned a numeric value and instead just let us know when we've leveled, I'd be perfectly happy. ))

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If the computer is Indifferent(guest or visitor access), Unfriendly(no access) or Hostile(tries to trace location and isolate connection), then I will spend a force point on that check. If it is Friendly, even a natural 5(Hail Gygax!) should do it with Alex's superior intellect, and if it's Helpful(admin access) then there's no point in this check anyway. If she can't tell what level of access they had, then I'll spend a force point.
    Force point - (1d6)[6]