New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High Stakes IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: High Stakes IC

Nicholas sighs and sinks down with relief. "Mother Mary thank you. I don't suppose I could have a cigarette could I? There are some in my pocket."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ailae d'Orien in When the Voice Whispers.

Deyn Aygnys in The Castle Builders

Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald in High Stakes

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    ((Me an mf11 answered all questions, but got no response.))
    Well, you both sidestepped the question about the luggage, actually, and mf11 didn't even say if he had any at all.

Nycthemeron
    The cops still need you to answer those questions. They'll give you your smoke.

Jett
    The cops don't turn their backs on you, and they don't approach when you wheeze and grunt. They are no rookees. The one coming from the store enters the car, and the other one asks you to re-enter it.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Andrew continues, after the policemen reminds him of the missing question:
    "Yes, right. I had a full bad in the luggage compartment. It has my name on a tag. I think all of the others had bags too, but I can't guarantee that."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alan

Alan, heart pounding, reaches into his pocket and pulls out his craft knife. You never knew when you would need to cut something. <I never thought I would pull a knife on a cop. Then again, I never thought I would have twenty days to live.> "For science," he says with a humorless grin.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ian looks the cop straight in the eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    ""What happened to make the bus crash? Well, I got on the bus real early. I moved near the back, put in my headphones, and kinda zoned out. Didn't really get a count on how many people were on. When I did look up, when there was a disturbance at the front, I think I saw about 10 people? Probably more. Anyway, there was a disturbance at the front of the bus, and I saw the driver with a gun! Someone approached the front to, I dunno, keep us from getting killed or hijacked or whatever this driver had in mind, and the bus driver loses control. In his panic, he pulls the trigger and blows out the window. He doesn't get the bus control back, and we crash.

Luggage? Yeah. I had some luggage. Think I saw a few other people put some on too. Couldn't name any names, I didn't pay attention or talk to anyone. Anyway, I have some camping gear. Was gonna come down here to camp out. Been forever since I was in Boy Scouts.
    "

He furrows his brow in anxiety.

"Now I really need to go check on my wife. Are we done?"
    Had I the cloths of heaven,
    I would spread these at your feet.
    But I am poor, and have only my dreams
    and I spread these beneath your feet.
    Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!
    Awesome Agent 47 by Dr. Bath!

6. - Top - End - #126

I think hitchhiking is a bad idea, it's suspicious, and it's illegal. I think we should walk into Stone Point, find someone selling a car, and buy it. All we have to do is ask to take it on a test drive, get some cash out of an ATM, pay the person, and leave. We can look through the adds in this paper as we're walking.

7. - Top - End - #127

Michaël

He sighs slightly, and nods. As soon as the cops move out of the area, they follow the direction they're going towards Stone Point.

"I never said we'd hitchhike all the way back to St Joseph!" He smiles, and chuckles. "I'm a terrible hitch hiker."

They stay a bit off the road as they walk.

"Well, to Stone Point then."
    A Revenant

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Justin didn't really come out of the daze he was in until he got to the police station and they started asking him questions. He'd managed to hit his head pretty hard when the driver lost control.

"Well, officer. I, uhh, I think there were just over a dozen people on the bus. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention. You see, we all signed up for this new game show, "High Stakes." We had no idea how high. Anyway, everyone I saw brought a luggage bag, they were all in the bottom of the bus. The bus crashed right after...well...after we all panicked. You see, everyone in that bus was poisoned...it's lethal in 20 days. Unless we can get to...crap, I forget what town. There's an antidote in a safe-deposit box there. Ummm, I don't remember any shots...must've happened when I was out. The driver is the one who pulled the gun, though."
    Last edited by LostOne27; 2008-03-13 at 02:18 PM. Reason: needed a [/color]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycthemeron, Eldan, LostOne, deepsear, black haired guy and rich guy
    Nycthemeron (is there a short version of that? ) just needs to answer his questions and then you can get going.

El_Frenchie, Little Toe, Nibleswick & two hitchhikers
    The hitchhikers decide to hitchhike to Stone Point.
    "It's faster, safer, less tiring and it attracts less attention. We're not going to go on a walk next to the highway for a couple of hours"
    They exit the store and walk up to a car. They seem to have no trouble getting a ride and leave. You all decide to walk instead. It's going to be a long walk, but there's a bridge in the distance where you can probably cross the highway.

Reptilius & Jett
    The cop insists Trent gets in the car, putting one hand on his gun. The cop inside the car puts the candybars in the glove compartiment and looks at Trent, wondering what will happen next. Suddenly the black man who was still arguing outside grabbed something out of the woman's hands, entered the car and drove off.
    "Stop him! Can't somebody stop him? He's stolen my car!"
    This seems to distract the cops for a bit. Trent tackles the cop and kicks him in the groin. The other one exits the car and draws his gun.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-12 at 08:56 PM.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent Raises his leg over the head of the cop he kneed in the groin (I'm presuming he fell, I would!) And says;
    Don't! Put the gun away or I'll stomp onhis head. Have you seen these boots? PUT THE GUN AWAY!
    Trent shoots a meaningful look at Alan.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    Well, you both sidestepped the question about the luggage, actually, and mf11 didn't even say if he had any at all.
    The luggage answer has been edited into my post.

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Mine have been there all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Jett
    The cop doesn't move, but he's still pointing the gun at you.
    "Step away from him! You're only making this worse!"
    You remember that the back of the car is locked. Getting help from Alan seems unlikely.

mf11 & boomwolf
    "All right, I'll be going then. Thank you for your time. If you want your luggage back, you'll have to head by the impound here in Stone Point. There's no rush though, they only sell the stuff after a month"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent stays firm playing the cop.
    Unlock and let the other guy go. Or I will stomp. Do it. I could kill him....
    Trent is hoping this works.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

"As said, I have only little time left to live, three weeks max. mind giving me a lift there? don't feel like riding a bus right now." says bakios and he starts putting on his cloths.

((loled, but out my char name with another game with jett by mistake.))
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-03-13 at 07:37 AM.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

16. - Top - End - #136

Michaël

The group traveling with Michaël goes atop the overhead bridge in the distance and go to the other side of the road.

"Alright, we've got a choice of either going to Stone point or St joseph. Stone Point sounds like a better idea, but we can still try to hitch a ride to St Joseph on the way there. This is the good side of the road, and I don't think there's lots of other cities in between, so maybe someone will be kind enough to drive us a bit of the way."

He pauses.

"In any case, let's get going."

Michaël and the group walk towards Stone Point. Michaël himself is trying to hitch a ride back directly to St Joseph. If he can't find one, or one that will bring him fairly close to it, he will simply go with the group to Stone Point.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-13 at 09:12 AM.
    A Revenant

17. - Top - End - #137

[ooc: Yes, just use Nyc. Sorry to hold everybody up.]

Nicholas drags heavily on his cigarette, "I honestly don't know what happened on the Bus, it was all so confusing. About a dozen of us got on, nobody knew each other. Some strange characters too. Then we drove out across countryside and well, Maximilian Burns appeared and told us about the game we all entered, a reality TV show. Then he said he'd poisoned us all and everything went mad.

The driver had a gun, he was going to do, I don't know what, I mean we're supposed to be playing a game? Then a man I didn't know tried to stop him and the driver crashed the bus, I didn't see who fired, I presume the driver or the man.

We all had luggage, I had a suitcase full of things, trying to plan for any contingency. My diplomatic passport is in there too."
    Nicholas sighs, exhaling the last of the cigarette away from the policeman. "I thought this was going to be reality television not a shoot out at the OK Corral."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Nyc, Eldan, LostOne, deepsear, black haired guy and rich guy
    "You're all free to go. You might want to pass by the impound to pick up your stuff. Here's proof you're allowed to enter. It's two blocks over. Good luck"

Jett
    A crowd has gathered around you now. The owner of the store came out carrying a shotgun.
    "Don't be foolish. I can blow you down before you even notice it. We just prefer to keep people alive here in Stone Point. Give up, or die"

boomwolf
    "Sure, I'll give you a ride. The other one ahd better stay in the hospital though"
    The cop takes you to the parking lot of the hospital after you dress.

El_Frenchie, Little Toe, Nibleswick & two hitchhikers
    You're still on the wrong side of the road, you know. It wasn't a pedestrian bridge. You arrive in Stone Point though. It's a small, quiet town, but it has a mall, a hospital, three churches and more.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Colossus in the Playground

"Thank you very much."
    Andrew prepares to leave and get his stuff.
    "Oh, by the way: what would be the fastest way to get back to Saint Joseph? I've had enough of this trip."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tnx mate" says bakios as he follows the (first-time-in-this-game) friendly officer "What a day, at least I'm dying with style." he says these words with an amused voice, but a grim face.

How on earth is he to get both the antidote and the cure for his sickness?

((Technically if this was DnD I would not need a bluff check, as I AM dying, and I do have a fatal condition.))

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

When can i get out of this hospital? I have a very, very urgent appointment in 20 days, like its a life or death situation. I need to get my luggage and get back to st. Joseph ASAP.

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent is starting to get desperate, All right, I'll stop, but you've gotta let the other guy go, he's done nothing wrong. The crash was my fault. Let him go and you don't have to shoot me and you don't have to have any more trouble.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Eldan
    "Fastest way to Saint Joseph is probably taking the bus, but you'd probably want to avoid that now. Maybe you could rent a car?"

mf11 & boomwolf
    "I could give you a ride to the impound too, but I can't take either of you all the way to Saint Joseph, off course. Anyways, it's probably best to stay in the hospital unless it's literally life or death". The cop laughs. He then leaves in his car driving Bakios to the impound. Michael can come too.

The impound is a big concrete hangar with an office out front. The officer leaves you there. There is a clerk at the office, and he asks you for the cards the officer gave you. He then takes you inside, to a small room where 15 bags are stacked. There is an officer waiting there.
    "Please, do pick out your bags" the clerk says.

Jett
    "I'm not letting anyone go, but you had best step back from my colleague"
    You hear sirens in the distance. The cop glances over his shoulder and curses under his breath.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-13 at 08:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Alan

Alan watches the scene unfolding outside. He kicks the door repeatedly, to try and get out to help Trent. What he would do, he doesn't know, but he would think of something.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Michael walks up and finds his bag from the pile. He waits for Bakios to get his, then asks him quietly so, how do u wanna get back to Saint Joseph?

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #146

Nicholas thanks the policeman politely as he practically spins out of the chair. As he waits at the impound to get his things he taps his fingers on the counter weighing up one and another of two options. Falling on one side he smiles at the policeperson on duty and asks, "How can I get to Saint Joseph quickly, is there a train, helicopter, light aeroplane?"
    Last edited by Nycthemeron; 2008-03-13 at 10:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Bakios quickly takes his bag, and looks for a random unmarked bag to take as well. ((Second thought, not very smart.))
    He turns to Michael and says "Texi? got money? I don't feel like bus-riding now."
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-03-14 at 05:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Justin thanked the officer as he took the card. He headed down to the impound to grab his stuff, trying to figure out what to do once he was there.

Well, ok. Don't panic. What do you know? You're dying. There's an antidote back in Saint Joseph, in who knows what bank under who knows what name with who knows what account number. The psycho was sending you to San Grey, or something like that. So...to Saint Joseph or on to this San Grey place hoping there's more clues there?

Justin absentmindedly turns his card over to the security guard at the impound, and goes in to grab his bag.

If he sees anyone else there he'll approach them and identify himself, asking if there were on the bus too.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

((Did trent hear the cop swaer under his breath?))

30. - Top - End - #150

Michaël

Asking around, he tries to find out where the tow truck brought the bus.
    A Revenant