Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: War of the Burning Sky IC

Spoiler
    Show
    spot: (d20+7)[17] listen: (d20+7)[9]

Garret watches Rex leave with a slight scowl, but doesn't say anything. To Van he says "I doubt we would fit in with the Inquisitors, and I know I don't have any disguise kits." It would be a decent plan, but he'd probably sell us out at the last minute. Crafty elvish plans and their trickery, but I'm onto you.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

To Gareth:

You see that there is no light coming from upstairs, so you grab your lantern and light it. Heading up the stairs you see a hallway that doubles back parallel to the staircase, then turns right. Another hallway veers off to the left with a door farther down on the left. There are two doors periodically on the right.

To the rest of the Group:
    "Actually, we have very limited options on how to get out of the city." Torrent unfolds two maps, one regional and the other a map of Gate Pass. She points at the southern town of Seaquen, "This is where Lyceum is located. The problem is that most of the passes out of Gate Pass are crawling with Ragesian troops. Our best bet is to go through Innenotdar Forest into Dessen. Settle down, I know that the forest has been magically aflame for hundreds of years. I have a way of getting through the forest with no harm to us or our possessions. I am confident that the Ragesians or any others will not be able to follow. That means we need to leave by this southern gate." She points to a gate on the Gate Pass map. "This is one of the least guarded gates out of town but I counted about 20 guards on duty the times I payed attention to it."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rex runs excitedly down the stairs. I've got it! He pauses to catch his breath. Most of the graveyards here are outside the city. We could get a coffin, wear mourning clothes, and say we're going to bury someone. That might persuade the guards to let us out.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Van Veranti

"Indeed, that might persuade them to-"
    Van abruptly stops speaking and shifts his attention to something just outside his perception. Slowly he stands up, takes out his longbow and readies an arrow.

"There is somebody above us. Tell me, Torrent, were you expecting visitors who did not know how to use a door tonight?"
    he says with a serious expression, looking towards the stairs. Unless Torrent tells him that it's ok, he'll continue moving behind the bar for cover.
    Last edited by Methates; 2008-03-13 at 08:15 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rex pulls out his crossbow and aims it up the stairs.
    There was no-one up there before.
    He follows Van behind the bar.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:[roll]1d20+1[/roll
    Listen:(1d20+1)[9]

Gerran sits back in his chair, breathing a deep, calming sigh.

I am sorry for losing my temper. I hold this city very dear, and hate to see any harm come to its citizens. I hope that you all will not think to badly about me.

He bows and resumes his speech.

I think the plan with the coffin seems to be a good idea. We could charm a few of the guards too just to tip the scales in our favor.

As the elf raises his bow in alarm, Gerran stands quickly, his sword in his hands before anyone noticed him draw it.

What do you sense, my friend?
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

7. - Top - End - #37

As Van saddles over the bar to take cover, Torrent stands up alarmed, "No company expected or wanted. Be prepared for an ambush." She starts chanting and undulating her arms in a wave like motion. You feel an almost physical wave of peace and calm sweep over your being. In the confusion, no one hears any more footsteps, but several muffled thumps seem to come from above you.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's get Initiative, Spot and Listen checks please. Everyone get's +1 to attack rolls and fear saves because of Bless. I put a map of the dining area on the maps page.

Torrent
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]

WotBS IC Thread
    WotBS OCC Thread
    Maps and other images

WotBS Player Characters:
    Rex Armiger
    Garret
    Duglan Strongheart
    Gerran Uthun
    Van Veranti
    Claire Bloodangel

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler
    Show

grrr....

Torrent
    Initiative - (1d20-1)[14]
    Spot - (1d20+2)[7]
    Listen - (1d20+2)[7]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+5)[12]
    spot - (1d20+3)[15]
    listen - (1d20+3)[7]

Van takes a position behind the bar, on the left side, so that he can be close to the stairs but still retain some cover. He then readies his bow to fire on the first person he sees come down the stairs, but only if they are armed.

"Watch out, there could be more coming from outside" he says, throwing a quick glance behind him.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duglan
    HP-13/13
    AC 18

Duglan moves to table and throws it in front of the stairs to impede the movement of anyone coming down. He draws his dual waraxes and says a quick prayer that his father's spirit watch over him.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the table is too large I will throw several chairs in the way.

Initiative:(1d20+4)[24]

Spot:(1d20+1)[15]
    Listen:(1d20+1)[8]
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Claire

Claire quicklys grabs her morningstar from under her cape and keeps an eye on the front door, while still trying to pay attention to the stair. She stays focused, with a very serious face.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen - (1d20+8)[10]
    Spot - (1d20+8)[23]
    Initiative - (1d20)[11]

Oh yes, a quick question to the DM, are spells from the Complete Divine book allowed ?
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

12. - Top - End - #42

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    spot: (d20+7)[18] listen: (d20+7)[26] initiative: (d20+4)[6]

"Don't worry about the door, I've got it." Garret will move slightly behind the door and draw his greatsword, readying an action to charge the first armed person to come through it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+1)[9]
    Listen:(1d20+1)[10]
    Initiative:(1d20+3)[5]

Gerran positions himself around the corner from the foot of the stairs, readying himself to strike the first person to come down. He focuses his entire body, and begins to exude an almost palpable aura of calm and confidence. He closes his eyes and allows himself to concentrate all of his power into his arms and voice.
    Stay steady now my friends. No enemy can frighten us. No foul Ragesian scum will take from us what we deserve. Do not allow yourselves a moment of fear, for now is the time to remain strong and united.

Spoiler
    Show
    Entering Bolstering Voice stance. All allies gain +2 to Will saves, +4 vs. fear

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[19]
    Listen (1d20+1)[13]
    Initiative (1d20+4)[24]

Rex moves behind the bar, next to Van, and readies himself to fire his crossbow at the first person to come down the stairs with a drawn weapon.
    Last edited by gareth; 2008-03-13 at 06:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Torrent unhooks a well-made, unique looking battleaxe and goes over by the bar, clearly ready to protect the casters.

Spoiler
    Show

Enemy Init - (1d20)[9]
    Break attack - (1d20+5)[21]

WotBS IC Thread
    WotBS OCC Thread
    Maps and other images

WotBS Player Characters:
    Rex Armiger
    Garret
    Duglan Strongheart
    Gerran Uthun
    Van Veranti
    Claire Bloodangel

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Claire

Seein that Garret got the door covered, Claire prepares to provide backup to however needs it, seeing as head-on fighting is not exactly her best trait.

17. - Top - End - #47

As everyone readies for the ambush, a voice is heard commanding,"Front door: Go!" A second later a whollup hits the door, breaking the board holding it and swinging it in forcefully. A human with black clothing covering scale mail drops a portable ram, and gruffly demands,"Drop your weapons and come quietly. We don’t
    want to break your valuable little heads.
    "

Spoiler
    Show

The thugs have opened the door and are about to enter. I will give a bit of time to change readied actions etc.

WotBS IC Thread
    WotBS OCC Thread
    Maps and other images

WotBS Player Characters:
    Rex Armiger
    Garret
    Duglan Strongheart
    Gerran Uthun
    Van Veranti
    Claire Bloodangel

18. - Top - End - #48

BardGuy

HP: 10 AC: 18 (14 touch/flatfooted)
    "Heh, such a shame. I do."
    Garret uses his readied action to charge the man with his greatsword.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (d20+5)[23] (-2 if there isn't enough room to charge) damage: (2d6+3)[11]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This is no town guard..." Gerran shifts his focus from the stairs to the door, moving towards Garret and backing him up with his greatsword.

Give me some room and I'll clear this doorway, Garret. I'll push them into the street so we can bar the door!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just move closer to the door, but leave enough room so I can charge for a bullrush attempt (using the Charging Minotaur maneuver). Also, Bolstering voice is no longer in effect.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Claire

Moving closer to the door, but still leaving enough space to not get into the way of the fighters, and still trying to pay attention to the side door and to the stairs, Claire says:

"So, you are going to go against the town guards after all ?" Even though they were arguing before, Claire says this with a smile on her face, and doesn't seem to be saying this to anger Gerran.
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-03-13 at 08:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Gerret steps in front of the doorway and swings his mighty greatsword. Not expecting anyone to be ready for the assault, the first guy takes the full force of the greatsword and follows the arc of the sword to the ground. Garret sees several more men dressed in black staring in shock as their leadman goes down. They drop the cudgels they were carrying and reach for swords at their sides. A man in gray plate armor sitting upon a horse in the middle of the street swears loudly and orders,"Take out the fighters, but don't forget to keep the magic users alive."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

These don't appear to be any town guards, but of course I could be wrong. What I want to know is how did they discover our plan and locations so quickly...

Gerran breaks a smile as the man in the doorway falls to the ground.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rex turns towards the front door, readying himself to shoot the first enemy who enters who isn't in melee with an ally.

24. - Top - End - #54

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duglan

Seeing his new companion take the first man through the front door down quickly Duglan looks to the other entrances for more attackers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Duglan will delay his turn while trying to keep an eye on the other entrances. If someone appears from any of them he will move to engage them.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Van Veranti

"Get out of the doorway so that I can have a clear shot...if we lead them in one by one, they'll be much easier to handle. And did I hear something about taking the magic users alive? Could these be men of the inquisitors?"
    Van aims his bow at the doorway and prepares to fire as soon as he is given a clear shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+5)[24](+1 if within 30 ft.)
    Damage - (1d8)[6](+1 if within 30 ft.)
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

26. - Top - End - #56

BardGuy

Garret sees the other men drawing their swords and thinks that charging all of them might not be smart even with the rest of the group behind him. He stays in the doorway but tries to give the elf enough room to prove himself a shooter and points the sword to the enemy leader. "I think you should leave before you get hurt." To the group behind him he says, "I really don't wanna think about it right now, but maybe a mole in the resistance?"
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2008-03-14 at 12:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

From up above, you hear several thugs running towards the stairs. As that is happening, everyone hears this from above:
    Whump!
    BOOM!!!
    A second later several more of the same sounds just as loud occur in quick succession. The building shakes violently, ceiling boards crack and buckle, and fiery oily rain seeps through the ceiling. You then hear ear-piercing screams from upstairs. A man half falls down the stairs completely aflame, wildly waving his arms. He collapses at the bottom of the stairs on top of the table.

Torrent ducks under the debris and oil falling from the ceiling. She moves closer to the stairs to head off anyone coming after the ranged party members.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone needs to make a Reflex Save (DC 10) or take 1 point of damage from the oil. I need actions from Rex, Duglan, Van, and Claire. Then the enemy will go. Garret and Gerran can post or wait until I have gone.

Torrent Reflex Save - (1d20-1)[6]

WotBS IC Thread
    WotBS OCC Thread
    Maps and other images

WotBS Player Characters:
    Rex Armiger
    Garret
    Duglan Strongheart
    Gerran Uthun
    Van Veranti
    Claire Bloodangel

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex - (1d20+7)[17]

Van Veranti

Van utters an elven curse as he does his best to dodge the flames, then checks the door behind him. He opens it a crack and peeks out, just to see where it leads, ready to close it again if there is danger.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex (1d20+4)[20]

Rex easily dodges the burning oil.
    We have to get out of here, now!
    Last edited by gareth; 2008-03-14 at 02:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

WolfInSheepsClothing

Duglan

After getting singed slightly by the dripping oil, Dugaln quickly saw that the only options would soon be getting burnt alive in the building or running out to confront the mob, so he yells at Torrent, "Is there a back way out of this place!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I will delay my turn until I get an answer, if there isn't one I'll charge out the front door.

Reflex:(1d20+4)[6]

If charging:
    Attack:(1d20+5)[17] +2 if actually charging
    Damage:(1d10+3)[11]
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-03-14 at 02:43 PM.