New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords

Spoiler
    Show

Using the same initiative for the Druid and wolf, but the spot checks are separate.

Initiative (1d20+3=21)
    Spot (1d20+3=11)
    Spot (1d20+2=12)

Volt and Oka

Dropping the food from his mouth (both of them; Volt found he had half a loaf left), druid and companion jump up from the table, the former making a grab for his nearby shield and hefts it onto his arm as the latter gets in front. Both look about for the source of the commotion, yet within this crowded populace, Volt has yet to draw arms; at least not if he can't see what's causing it...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Everyone except Seoni made their spot checks, and they see a goblin licking the blood from its dagger as it crouches near two of its friends. They all get to act in the surprise round.

Volt picks up his shield and Oka steps in front of him.
    The goblin that killed the dog continues cleaning its dagger -- it hasn't noticed that some of the people in the crowd are less defenseless than it expects.
    Vellichek creates a wreath of fire around himself. He attempts to use it to touch the nearest goblin, but fails.
    Dilekar stands up from the table, faces the Goblins and draws his rapier. The goblins you see aren't the source of the song, by the way. Those sound like they're a bit farther away.
    Grum draws his blade with a determined look on his face.
    The Goblin Vellichek attacked looks up at him, startled by the fire, and tries to stab him. It misses, but hits the fire. attack - (1d20+3)[8]damage - (1d4+1)[3] The goblin's attack sets it on fire, and it jumps headfirst into a nearby water barrel. Only then does it realize that it's too short to climb out.
    Vatai also readies his weapon.
    The third goblin sees the wolf and, in keeping with goblin hatred of all furry, four-legged creatures, attacks Oka. attack - (1d20+3)[11]damage - (1d4+1)[2] It misses.
    Last edited by [Insert Neat Username Here]; 2008-03-15 at 03:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Founder of the Guy in a Fancy Cape Fanclub.
    Trophies:
    2nd best discworld avatar
    2nd best discworld sigatar
    Caption contest wins: 5th place, 1st place
    Founder of the invisible message army.

3. - Top - End - #33

Since Seoni goes first in the next round anyway, I'll post her action's results now. Now that she sees the source of the commotion, she sunders the dagger of the goblin that attacked Oka. The weapon shatters into many pieces; it didn't look very sturdy in the first place.
    fort save - (1d20+3)[7]
    The goblin looks down at its dagger -- well, the handle, at any rate -- in shock, paying no attention to the wolf standing directly in front of it.
    Last edited by [Insert Neat Username Here]; 2008-03-15 at 03:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Volt and Oka

A pause.

Looking from the broken dagger and the impetuous, it doesn't take even a dumb animal, much less a druid's wolf to know what to do. Knowing and doing however seem to be two different things...

Power Attack Attack (1d20+2=3)
    Launching himself like a cannon shot, Oka seems to be off his game as his jaws fail to come close, in fact he nearly crashes into a nearby table, leading Volt to wonder how heavily spiced all that food was...

"Attack and make my buddy miss eviscerating your carcass, will you??"

Oh well, it's time to do things yourself. Slinging free his scimitar, the young druid advances on the third goblin and slams the blade home, though loaded and sleepy as he is, it may be only marginally more effective...
    Scimitar to the head (1d20+1=10) Damage (1d6+1=4)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Dilekar

Oh well, first things first.... Dilekar approaches the oblivious goblin, rapier ready in his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dilekar attacks the goblin that killed the dog (flatfooted, I guess). Provided he can reach it within the round, that is...

Attack: (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage: [roll]1d4+1d6+2[/roll]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Grum

Upon seeing the gutted dog, Grum's face visibly changes from that of a gentile giant, to a fury filled behemoth. "Was only a puppy. Why kill the puppy!"

The infuriated orc steps to the nearest Goblin, his falchion slicing in front of him. He fully intends to gut the Goblin as it gutted the dog.

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Forgot his rage affected stats. HP 16/16. AC 13
    Full Power Attack and Raging.
    Attack - (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage - (2d4+12)[19]
    Last edited by Kyroswolf; 2008-03-15 at 07:57 PM.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

7. - Top - End - #37

Good job, guys! This last one's mine! Vellichek shouts, as he approaches the remaining gobling. Once again concentrating on the flames, he attempts to set the creature on fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for the touch attack: (1d20+1)[3]
    Roll for damage: (1d6)[5]
    Roll for damage from the coat of flames: (1d6)[5]

If Seoni doesn't off the last critter, I probably will.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Azerian Kelimon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Seoni doesn't off the last critter, I probably will.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seoni's actions for the round have already been taken up by the actions from the first round that she didn't get to carry out because she failed her spot check.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatai makes a dash, his speed adding force to his blade's slice at the goblin who Vellichek is attacking with flames. He swings the razor with both hands, attempting to sever the beast's head.
    You little mongrels are DEAD!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[8] with a +2 for Charging, (2d4+4)[11] to hurt it.
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #40

Volt and Oka both attack the disarmed goblin and both somehow miss.
    The Goblin that killed the dog looks up and, seeing the human that killed its ally, attacks. attack - (1d20+3)[21] damage - (1d4+1)[3] Unfortunately for it, it hasn't realized that attacking its flaming foe will leave it with its friend's fate. damage - (1d6)[6] The pain from the fire causes it to pass out.
    Dilekar attacks and misses the disarmed goblin.
    An infuriated Grum then steps up behind his oblivious prey, raises his falchion, and kills it with one stroke.
    (Vellichek takes 3 points of damage, but the goblin that attacked him burns itself and is unconscious.)
    Last edited by [Insert Neat Username Here]; 2008-03-17 at 09:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler
    Show
    There were only three goblins, right? If not, this post comes later, or is scrapped.

Vellichek

Aaah. The sweet taste of victory in my mouth. Well done, friend....AAAGH! Vellichek says, as he clutches his wounds. Aaaaagh! It hurts! Turning toward his tablemates, he asks I don't suppose any of you knows how to heal wounds, right? But it doesn't matter. For now. Walking towards the barrel of water, Vellichek prepares himself to take the goblin out of the barrel. Carefully, he pushes the flames back, but still keeps them on, so as not to expose himself to an attack. Then, he proceeds to grab the creature by the neck and grabs the other goblin with his remaining hand. Turning towards the townsfolk who have not fled, he asks:

I'm sorry, but could someone guide us to a room and get us some rope? I'm injured, and I want to question this goblins. Also, does naybody here speak Goblinese?

12. - Top - End - #42

Father Zantus, who was treating the wounded, notices your captured goblins and wound.

Ah, you're injured. Let me heal that. And he heals Vellichek's wound. And you've captured some prisoners. Looks like we'll get some answers now. Then he looks over your shoulder and his eyes grow wide. You follow his gaze and see that five goblins, one of which is one of the singers, have found the fuel the town intended to use for a bonfire after the festival and have set it to blazing. They begin making torches to use as weapons.

But it appears you have more pressing matters to attend to. Go, before the town burns to ash! I'll secure the prisoners and continue treating the wounded.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Dilekar

Interrupted as he approached Father Zantus in order to help interrogate the prisoners, Delikar turns around and mutters a curse at the sight of the torch-wielding goblins. Goblins and fire. The best combination if you want uncontrolled destruction and mayhem. This is gonna be ugly.

Spoiler
    Show
    It would be nice to know at which distance the goblins are right now. If they're relatively close (0-40 ft), Dilekar will approach up to 20 ft, rapier in hand. If he can reach the nearest goblin with that movement, he'll engage in melee. If not, he'll ready an attack action, triggered as soon as a goblin enters one of his threatened squares. In any case, Attack: (1d20+3)[22], Damage: (1d4+2)[6].

If they're farther away, he'll sheathe the rapier and draw his shortbow, and that's it for this round.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Never tiring in his anger Grum charges the remaining goblins. "DO NOT HARM GRUM'S NEW FRIENDS!!!"

Spoiler
    Show

Rage 1 of 7 rounds spent
    AC 13 HP 16/16
    Charge action on the nearest Goblin AC now 11 until next round.
    Charge - (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage - (2d4+12)[17]

OOC: family emergency came up do not expect anything for rest of day and tomorrow.

NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"

15. - Top - End - #45

Seoni

Seoni looks to see if the singer has any weapons or major tools (wands, shield, etc) drawn. If it does, she sunders it with another word of dark speech, hoping to deafen the singer with the magic. If the singer doesn't have anything like that drawn, she targets the weapon of one of the other goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same magic as before, DC 15 Fort save or else be dazed and deafened.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by jagadaishio View Post
    Seoni

Seoni looks to see if the singer has any weapons or major tools (wands, shield, etc) drawn. If it does, she sunders it with another word of dark speech, hoping to deafen the singer with the magic. If the singer doesn't have anything like that drawn, she targets the weapon of one of the other goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same magic as before, DC 15 Fort save or else be dazed and deafened.
    The singer has a whip in one hand and a dagger in the other. Which would you rather sunder?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

17. - Top - End - #47

Vellichek

Aaah, more of those despicable creatures. Then, let's make them taste cleansing fire.

And with that, Vellichek, rushes, right into the group of goblins, as he shouts: Back me up, people! I'll draw the fire, you waste this fools!

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we need to roll a new init for this battle? Also, how many goblins are actually armed and how many have simple torches? And finally, how far are they? If the leader is at 60 feet or less, I charge him and do a touch attack. Else, I take a Run action to move up to four times my move speed to get close to the goblins that are wielding torches, hoping to provoke AoO's.

And here is init: (1d20+1)[20]
    My attack roll if I can charge: (1d20+3)[17]
    A roll for threatening if I roll a twenty: (1d20+3)[23]
    The touch attack damage roll: (1d6)[6]
    The damage from the wreath of fire: (1d6)[2]
    Also, if anyone attempts to attack me with torches and does not critical and roll at least one 5 and a 6, the damage is voided, because I have fire resistance 10 from binding Aym.
    And remember that, if I can charge, I take -2 to AC.

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by [Insert Neat Username Here] View Post
    The singer has a whip in one hand and a dagger in the other. Which would you rather sunder?
    Seoni would go for the whip, then try again on the dagger if that doesn't deafen the singer.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Without a word Vatai dashes onto the next enemy, never breaking stride. He simply shifts his falchion to a tighter grip and rushes headlong at the nearest goblin minion, hoping to slice it through.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Play it again, Sam. (1d20+6)[9] With Charge and (2d4+4)[7]
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #50

While we're waiting for our last action, here's a picture I found on Paizo's site that, though not intended for this encounter, illustrates it pretty well:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

21. - Top - End - #51

Boy, we just need pics of the heroes and we would be done. Though I think we should put this kinds of things in the OOC so as to easily check what happening in combat.

22. - Top - End - #52

((Since Tonberryking still hasn't posted, I'm going to take Volt and Oka's actions for this round. We need to move combat scenes along since they can take a long time in forum games.))

Seoni sunders the singing goblin's whip. fortitude - (1d20+1)[12]

Volt and Oka each take a double move to reach the goblins.

The singer, dazed and deafened, stops singing and looks around, confused.

Vellichek charges the singer and grabs it. It takes a moment to pull away and the fire hurts it greatly, but it's still standing. Two goblins attack him as he passes them, each hurting itself slightly, but not very badly. Their torch attacks don't even damage the already-burning Vellichek.

Dilekar, seeing his chance, steps up to one of the goblins which burned itself on Vellichek and plants his rapier in its chest. The goblin is killed instantly.

Seeing their dead companion, the three remaining goblins realize that the fight is for real and drop their torches, draw their daggers, and move closer to their injured leader.

One isn't fast enough, though. Grum charges and decapitates it.

Vatai then charges at one of the remaining goblins but misses.
    Last edited by [Insert Neat Username Here]; 2008-03-21 at 02:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

[I defer to the move; it's a rough week ahead of me, so if this happens again it may be for the best. But for now, in the next round...]

Volt and Oka

Approaching the oncoming gobliniods with haste, Volt's hands go through spell casting motions, as Oka crouches for an attack. A weak greenish light washes over the lupine bruiser, who takes this as his cue to launch at the closest, most threatening gobbo of the bunch before them. Thinking that the best way to get rid of a fire is its source, the druid has prepared Oka to keep safer against the flames.

Spoiler
    Show
    Volt's casting Resistance directly on Oka, so unless spell-share works both ways it's just for the wolf. He (Oka) will follow up with Power Attack again: Power Attack (-2 hit, +2 damage) (1d20+1=10) ....Fiddle dee dee, we're not very good at this...

24. - Top - End - #54

Vellichek

You guys hold off the other goblins! This one's mine! Vellichek says, concentrating again on the flames, determined to burn the goblin leader to a crisp. This time, you're going down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+1)[16]
    Confirmation roll: (1d20+1)[5]
    Damage roll: (1d6)[6]
    Retaliatory fire: (1d6)[2]

25. - Top - End - #55

Seoni

Seoni brings her hands up and pulls her hands back, palms facing the goblins. Pushing her hands flat again, parallel to the ground and fingers splayed, straightened towards the goblins. A loud crack rings out as she makes the swift motion with her hands, and the air seems to twist in a line between her and one of the burnt goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Blast (ranged touch)
    Attack - (1d20+4)[7] (if the goblin is within 30 ft, +1)
    Crit - (1d20+4)[14] (if the goblin is within 30 ft, +1)
    Damage - (1d6)[5] (if the goblin is within 30 ft, +1 damage)
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Dilekar

'Woo, take that!', shouts Dilekar at the fallen foe. Pausing for a second to observe the battlefield, he tries to make good use of his superior agility, dodging goblins until he reaches the best position for his next strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumblin' time. Dilekar will try to move to a position where he can flank the goblin engaged by Oka. Some Tumble rolls just in case they're needed: (1d20+8)[22] (1d20+8)[16] (1d20+8)[19]. Once there, stab!

Attack: (1d20+5)[12] (+2 for flanking)
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+5)[7] (just in case)
    Damage: (1d4+2)[6]
    Crit Damage: (1d4+2)[3]
    Sneak Attack Damage: (1d6)[6]

27. - Top - End - #57

((Note: All actions except for Grum's and Vatai's are in, and they're the last two in initiative order. This post is all of the actions preceding theirs.))

A loud crack rings out as Seoni makes a swift motion with her hands, and the air seems to twist in a line between her and a point about five inches to the left of one of the burnt goblins.

Volt then casts a spell on Oka, who then fails to damage a goblin.

Almost at the same instant, the Warchanter attacks Vellichek as Vellichek grabs it. attack - (1d20+1)[16] damage - (1d4)[1] It barely hits Vellichek, doing only 1 damage, but it burns itself badly and faints.

Dilekar then stabs the ground next to a goblin with his rapier.

Noticing that the warchanter, who was much stronger than either of them, is defeated, the two goblins turn and begin to flee.
    Last edited by [Insert Neat Username Here]; 2008-03-22 at 01:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Grum

Still fully encompassed in his anger, Grum pursues the goblins. His chase continuing until he reaches the edge of town.

Spoiler
    Show

If he catches one of the goblins, use the attack below. Otherwise he will stop at the edge of town and return to the group.
    Attack - (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage - (2d4+12)[18]
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"

29. - Top - End - #59

Seoni

Seoni makes a move towards the fleeing goblins and lets rip with another crack of her magic, hoping to take down the one she missed before. "Make sure the leader doesn't die," she says after the crack rings out. "It will probably know more than any of the others."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action towards the fleeing goblins, eldritch blast.
    Attack - (1d20+4)[8] (+1 if within 30ft)
    Confirmation - (1d20+4)[6] (+1 if within 30ft)
    Damage - (1d6)[2] (+1 if within 30ft)
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Vatai charges a remaining goblin, trying atleast to wipe out a survivor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[20] to hit, (1d20+6)[22] crit confirm, (2d4+4)[10] damage, maybe x2.
    The Bear is Back.