New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Mehswif and Lilith

I am Terten. My companion and I are traveling through. Mehswif fumbles in his traveler's clothes and pulls a black candle from his pocket. We would like lodging and food till we are rested. By the candle we swear no harm to this household and defense if needed.
    Towns of Mehswif's followers have no inns. Anyone will offer a place to sleep during the night for the standard oath of peace and defense. A payment is not technically required but everyone pays for their stay.
    "Of course, come in," says the man ushering them in. He takes Mehswif's candle and lights it next to the one glowing in the window. "You may call me Gale," he stifles a yawn. "Sorry. I'm afraid we only have mushrooms and black grass ready to eat." He gets some eating ware and food and places it at the table.
    He smiles and takes a seat along with the gods. "So tell me, where are you going so late at night?"

Mehswif and Kenan

The star god shimmers into existence. And he nearly leaves upon seeing Lucifer but is hailed by Kenan. He adjusts his cloak and walks towards the house.
    Greetings. I trust this place is neutral ground for the time being. Scenes might turn unpleasant if it is not.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-20 at 11:41 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith- In Kenan's Realm

Lilith takes a seat, sparing a single glance for the elegant-yet-cruel form of Lucifer as he enters and then ignoring him. "I'm afraid you have the advantage of me," she replies, draping herself over the wooden chair lethargically. "I know your essence is different from mine, and little more. Perhaps you'd do me the courtesy of telling me your name?"

"Oh, the others?" She shrugs. "A simple flaw. We embody concepts. A god of the hunt concerns himself with the hunt, and with little else; a god of protection seeks to extend protection to his followers. We seek to further our own interests, and the concerns of others are only attended to if it somehow serves one's own purposes. Which are never quite the same as another's; thus, no balance between even two gods can possibly last forever, except between absolutely identical gods. Add in a dozen more, and you might as well be attempting to make a clock with no two gears parallel."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Kanen
    "I will not condone a dishonorable battle on my grounds, I assure you. And it is a pleasure to meet you, you are Mehswif yes? Yes, you seem to have many followers, and I am informed that you vanquished The Great Wolf. A feral beast that one, a good thing you put him down in my opinion. I would very much enjoy hearing of the battle, it must have been amazing." says Kanen, showing a militant honor and respect much different from his cheeriness, he slides into it the moment you mention neutral grounds.

I'll watch this one, he could be friend or foe, but I don't trust him. Not really. He killed a God. Not that that particular god didn't deserve it, but he is dangerous and he killed a killer. That means he is good at killing.

Kanen lets out a harsh, barkish laugh at Lilith's comment, Much like herding cats or dealing with nobles. Yes, I know the feeling, so its simple inefficiency then? What, in your mind, would the ideal objective for a unified, directed pantheon be? And my name is Kanen, I had intended to introduce myself rather grandly but, as you can see, I am far too chatty for that. Kenan gets up and pulls out a seat for each of the five guests that come in, smiling and gesturing to a appropriate seat for each of the guests.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus sneered slightly at Kanens comment, and began to tout his own arrogance, though he didn't care Yes he killed the Great Wolf, a kill that was rightfully mine. He killed little more than a mortal, though a powerful one, hiding and skulking in the shadows, weak from his defeat at my hands after he had slain the God of Law. The injustice that this so-called God of Protection ran from the defense of the Law-God, only to slay the God I had been pursuing, denying me my rightful and honorable victory over a foe who had slunk away from his defeat.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus and the Council

"Lord Cerus, the orcs have begun to push into Human and Elven territories, as well as attacking multiple outposts."Boomed head of the Tiger Clan.

"Their lack of tactics is made up for in their numbers and overwhelimg strength. This voice comes from a spotted mountain of a Keidran.

"Let us not forget their primal magic. Although crude they prove quite powerful indeed. Says the soft-spoken and rune-covered wolf at the end of the table.

"We however, have the MagiTek. The nightmare armors have been tested and completed. We have managed 30 suits and the pilots are highly skilled."

"It is agreed then. We are to show the orcs their place. Inform the troops, we wage war in 3 days. Send a message and tell them to prepare for themselves."
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-03-21 at 12:14 AM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Really, that seems... very odd, and I had not heard it phrased as such, I must hear the story in more detail from your perspective. I fear I have only the records of a few priests, none of them yours. How did The Great Wolf kill Legis?

Oh dear sweet merciful... His arrogance comes out like a waterfall, I very much dislike this one. Its like dealing with Surp all over again, every kill in every hunt was rightfully his. But hopefully I will be able to get him to agree to a small place in the afterlife as a reward to the righteous by the end of this meeting.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif and Kanen

Mehswif seemed genuinly confused. I never harmed the Wolf. Asmodeus swore to grant favors in exchange for my help. Why would I kill the Wolf when delivering it to you would give me greater advantage?
    Asmodeus sneers but looking into Mehswif's eyes he sees that the night god is sincere. Or at least thinks he is.
    Check out Avatar

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The Great Wolf leapt upon Legis as we met to discuss Laws, and dragged him to the mortal realm where he slew him and devoured his corpse. This was... most untimely, as we were awaiting his decision on the matter of the rightful owner of the souls of the departed, who are banished from my domain. I did not take the Law-Gods death well, there is nothing so annoying as having to deal with the aftermath of a murder, whether you be God of Mortal. At this news from Mehswif, Asmodeus is angered and disturbed Either it was you, or a God who looks, acts, and thinks disturbingly like you, with the same mastery of night and fear of day. Either way, someone or something consumed the power of the Wolf, and destroyed his essence, denying me what was rightfully mine.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-21 at 12:21 AM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Their like children! By the heavens, if I have to listen all night I will be absolutely miserable. I wish they had a law god now, their so unreasonable. Not that I really think a law god would help. So much idiocy...

"This is really rather odd. I had thought... Forgive my presumption. I am now very confused. If you would explain what you think happened Mehswif, I am sure that would clear things up." says Kenan who looks rather befuddled at this strange new revelation.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Something of Kanens true feelings show on his face, though only an inkling. But, it is enough for Asmodeus to become angered Pray tell, where are you from anyway, we seem to have a rather large influx of new gods, not that this is so unusual for a New Realm, but it would be nice to know if you are new to the godly game, or, indeed, new to existence in of itself.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith- In Kanen's Realm

"A unified pantheon? Hah." She shakes her head slightly. "That would mean a pantheon of one. Most gods believe everything would be better if everything were the same as they were. I suppose you could wage a war of conquest to try to unify the gods, but it wouldn't work. You would need to change the world in order for gods with differing ideas to cease to be; and you won't be able to do that with other gods present." She nods towards the others standing closer to the door, acknowledging their presence for the first time, and continues in a softer voice. "You see. The gods are the problem, and at the same time only a reflection of the worlds's problems."

At Gale's House

Lilith gives her name as Elna in a soft voice as they enter. "No-where, not so late," she answers. "We are journeying from Maeris, where our house was destroyed by orcs not a month past, and do not know where we will end up."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus

Cerus makes his appearance before the new god. "Yes, 3 gods dead and it seems like even more replace them. I am Cerus, lord of Battle and Honor. I am not one for meetings such as this so when you have the time, come to my temple and drink with me."
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif at Kanen's

It was not me. I tried to enter the mind of the Wolf through his dreams. I trapped the Wolf during the night in the moon. After his defeat by Asmodeus the moon shattered as the Wolf spread himself thin and hid. I entered his dreamscape but I was unable to even battle my way through.
    Check out Avatar

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Then it raises the question how a god who looks, acts, and has the same power and aura as you appeared in my realm to mock and jeer my efforts to locate the defeated Wolf, and praise his own skill in what essentially can be summed up as slitting the throat of a crippled animal

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Asmodeus

Something of Kanens true feelings show on his face, though only an inkling. But, it is enough for Asmodeus to become angered Pray tell, where are you from anyway, we seem to have a rather large influx of new gods, not that this is so unusual for a New Realm, but it would be nice to know if you are new to the godly game, or, indeed, new to existence in of itself.
    "I am quiet, quiet accustomed to deal with people who seem to act very like you. I was... well, basically I was a king. When I ascended in my home world, the gods became rather upset, their aristocracy being polluted by some new upstart mortal. They banished me, I did some rather quick research on all of you, and I held this meeting in the hopes of trying to reach some kind of agreement, or at least to purpose a deal to each of you." says Kenan, cursing his lack of practice to himself, continuing on as if Asmodeus were not angry at all, pretending no slip up had occured.

Sitting next to Lilith he smiles, "Yes, that would appear to be the case. Not that it matters much, of course, there's no getting rid of gods, as I discovered back home. Still, I imagine there is a fair solution to every problem. It just hasn't occurred to me yet."

Asmodeus may not be any better then that fool Surp, but he is certainly more perceptive. I must be more careful. And I believe I am beginning to understand Lilith much more, very quickly.

"Strange, very, very strange. I am very confused, to say the least, I had heard that you had killed him from the most apparently reliable source in the library, of course this is a lesson for me, do not believe everything you read. he laughs happily, leaning back on his feet boyishly.

Cerus receives a polite nod and a mouthed, "I will" as Kanen tries to deal with his other guests.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus shrugged at this revelation They sound like a pack of fools. There are virtually no Gods who were not morals first, and most of the Gods that were born as Gods either die fast, or learn enough of the mortal world that such a difference is almost indecipherable. Either way the details of your ascension, and what it is you stand for, interest me.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Well, when I ascended I woke up from death and discovered I had formed a new body in the house of the pantheon. I met all the other gods rather quickly, and they all got rather upset at my presence. I had not been the most devout man when I was alive. I think it may be more that they feared what I represented then that I had ascended. I represented someone who had no royal blood, no "hero's stock", no old money, I represented mortals who were hungry for more, and who were willing to fight for it.

So far as I can tell, I ascended purely on the love and praise of my nation, over which I was technically not king, but basically was. I don't really know. But I am the god of the longing in everyone's heart to better themselves, both in material and moral manners, hard work and determination, and I represent the natural benefits that ambition and drive bestows on those who possess it. In slightly shorter terms, I am the God of Prosperity, Ambition, and Hard Work. And my name is Kenan, as I neglected to state earlier.
    says Kenan finishing quiet politely.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus smiles, a genuine smile Ambition, is something I can well understand.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif at Kanen's

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Asmodeus

Then it raises the question how a god who looks, acts, and has the same power and aura as you appeared in my realm to mock and jeer my efforts to locate the defeated Wolf, and praise his own skill in what essentially can be summed up as slitting the throat of a crippled animal
    "Perhaps it was the same god that sent wyrms to my town. I don't know who slew the Great Wolf but it was not me!

Mehswif's at Gale's House

Gale looked concerned. "We had heard the orcs were on the move. Have you been on the road all that time? If you like we might be able to find work for you here. Marget knows more about the town gossip and what might be avalible than I do. I'll fetch her."
    Gale goes up the stairs out of view.
    I am used to a more direct way of dealing with mortals, Mehswif admits awkwardly. How are we to get them on the topic wished for?
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-21 at 01:17 AM.
    Check out Avatar

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I imagine you can, I imagine you can indeed. Speaking of which, have you considered introducing a reward system in your afterlife?"

Thank Goodness. A topic he likes.

"Might I ask how you were born Mehswif? My pantheon had two brothers with the exact same portfolio, perhaps the same has occurred with you."
    Last edited by Fiery Justice; 2008-03-21 at 01:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus thought about that, he scratched his chin, drawing a slight trickle of white-red blood. I don't know, rewards for what? I punish the wicked of heart, and the rest merely rest their eternal rest.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif at Kanen's

I am a part of the sun. I kicked myself free of its harsh light. My body shattered into the stars and my heart fell to earth. I have no brother but the sun, who is also my father, and in a way it is me.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-21 at 01:28 AM.
    Check out Avatar

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Well, a reward system for doing things their deities liked. For instance, were I in charge of the underworld, I might offer a reward for someone who remained honest their whole lives, or someone who made it to the top against great odds, or who did some great service for society. I am not as aware as I wish I was as to what behavior you might wish to reward. And what reward would I give? Well, ideally, I would set up a system in which each mortal gets what he wants. But I doubt that'll work, unless you have some really intelligent and kind minions or you yourself are patient with such matters, so I'd give a plan B, something generally befitting an honest rest, a lovely area that caused euphoric effects in the souls. It doesn't really have to make sense, as I am sure a god of your skill would be able to manipulate emotions of souls, especially those placed under his charge."

Kenan looked rather unsurprised, So, a brother is less than likely?
    Last edited by Fiery Justice; 2008-03-21 at 01:32 AM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith- In Kenan's Realm

"Not every problem has a solution," Lilith replies indifferently. "Too complex. When you solve one person's problems, you give them yet another set of problems—and a second person objects, or finds their life complicated somehow by your solution. If the world were a static place without changing, living beings, you might succeed. As it is, you will not. I have had a great deal of time to think on the matter."

At Gale's House

"We are already leading them towards it," the goddess replies, apparently more comfortable with manipulation than Mehswif is. "Yet it we may stay some time." She falls silent well before footsteps announce Gale's return with his wife.

"Oh, you'd be the travellers, then," the woman exclaims upon coming down the stairs; she is thin, with wispy brown hair escaping the braid it had been tied up in for the night. "I'm Marget."

Lilith gives her name once more, and the mortal woman continues. "Gale tells me you've fallen on bad times, but there's always room for hard-working folk around here. What do your husband and you—or are you siblings?—do?"

"We managed the local trader's stall," Lilith replies, leaving the other part of the question for Mehswif, "but truth be told, I don't think either of us wishes to take that up again, even if you have nobody to deal with the merchants that come here. We have been thinking of learning a trade, but," she sighs, "neither of us knows what we would like to do. What do the two of you do?"

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I have never encountered a problem that couldn't be defeated if it was faced with intelligence and tenacity. It may be that another problem will occur afterward, but I would prefer to deal with a new problem then see the same old villain rearing its head. Your view has been as helpful as you are lovely. I think you are wrong of course, and it is not the first time I have met such pessimism. I think you will find not even you are as bad as you think." says Kanen smiling brightly.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

But what makes a soul deserving at anything more than their peace? Lives can be long and well lived, in which case such a grand afterlife is not needed. Or they could have lived a short bloody life, in which case an afterlife of rest is most deserved. I do not give souls in the Underworld free pleasures, they make their own joys and sorrows. Mine is the domain of suffering and darkness, of evil and suffering. Such joys are not my domain, but I do not limit my subjects to such doldrums.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

I fear I may have be a bit overzealous, as I have no idea how these things are really run here. What is it like for a soul in your afterlife, assuming they were not overly wicked. says Kenan, sincerely curious now.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus shrugs, his obvious uncaring for the lives of mortals obvious Their lives after death are what they make of it, just as in life, except less trying. They need no food, no rest, no water, no money. They need nothing to be happy except their own desire. Hells, they might have whole societies, but so long as they are not evil individuals I care little, only getting involved when my demons and the unpunished get involved with one another, and even only then when its a fight of some sort. And really, this is better than most evil gods of the after-realms, the very fact that I offer any kind of respite would seem out of remit for one such as I.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

So its just like life, all over again, but with no work or effort? That sounds... very odd to me. Still I respect your charity in such a matter. I think we may have a cordial relationship ahead of us.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to go to sleep, I'm going to sleep. I really don't want to, but its two in the morning and I am bushed.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith- At Kenan's Realm

"I dare say you have never tried to take on the problems of an entire world," she remarks, unmoved by the compliment. "It is my bad fortune to feel most of them as if they were my own. I don't wish you failure, but I think you will meet with it regardless of my wishes. We change the world, but even we have difficulty changing the mortal habit to want something more. Especially when we are not free of that habit ourselves."

She rises. "But if that was not a dismissal, I have never heard one. Have you any further want of me?"