New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Veohloris and Valkrath Amon

All that Valkrath Amon gets as he tries to contact the mind of Veohloris is a web of secrets and shadows too complex to unravel in the split second that it exists before changing to something entirely different. Then suddenly his shadow starts to move of it's own accord still fickle and riddled with secrets.

"tell me first what you want divinus of divine magic and tell me of how you seek to keep the side of the coin you claim as reserved only for those with the wisdom to fully understand it. For I hold sway over the very nature of magic and would not allow it's abuse. I am the coin, not just a side of it."

Veohloris and the secret of animation

Amongst a few of those halflings, doppelgangers, succubi, fey and vampires that serves him Veohloris reveals a small secret. The secret lore of animation of the corps. Those with this lore can make the fallen rise, though only briefly, to serve them, making the corpse animated through magic and shadow and sometimes even ruling the very mind of their creation. It is a brief control, but those who desire more can delve into the secret art of necromancy...
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-03-15 at 04:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"My name is Cerus and as for your price, I think you should take a look outside your cavern."

Cerus gesture outside the Nature god's cave to a massive orb of rock surrounded with a barrier of gas.

"25,000 Miles wide. Plenty of breathable air fir the time being as well as massive pits for lakes and oceans. I can't fill this land with creatures all by my self if you catch my drift."
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_of_the_Coat View Post

All that Valkrath Amon gets as he tries to contact the mind of Veohloris is a web of secrets and shadows too complex to unravel in the split second that it exists before changing to something entirely different. Then suddenly his shadow starts to move of it's own accord still fickle and riddled with secrets.

"tell me first what you want divinus of divine magic and tell me of how you seek to keep the side of the coin you claim as reserved only for those with the wisdom to fully understand it. For I hold sway over the very nature of magic and would not allow it's abuse. I am the coin, not just a side of it."

"Veohloris, you are not a Divinus that can claim being a former Omnipotent god. I know what I am talking about. I am the Divinus of all Wisdom and Authority. We are only as powerful as eachother, but I say with assurance that what I want is our full cooperation. I desire you to stay out of my business, and perhaps we may even befriend one another despite our vast differences. "

4. - Top - End - #64

"And as such I desire to know what your business would be, divinus that claims to have been omnipotent. I cannot agree to a bargain without you stating what it is that you exactly want from me... You may be claiming a side of my coin, yet i do not know which side lands up when it falls.

Though still I propose a shared creation as you obviously have a desire for magic. What I offer is to take 1000 of your giants and infuse them with some secrets of magic. These titans could be lords of the creation, preserving the arts of magic and ensuring they are used only by those with the wisdom to understand them as well as using their inner wisdom, gained through the discovery of secrets to rule wisely.

As such we wills solidify our friendship."
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-03-15 at 04:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"And as such I desire to know what your business would be, divinus that claims to have been omnipotent. I cannot agree to a bargain without you stating what it is that you exactly want from me... You may be claiming a side of my coin, yet i do not know which side lands up when it falls.

Though still I propose a shared creation as you obviously have a desire for magic. What I offer is to take 1000 of your giants and infuse them with some secrets of magic. These titans could be lords of the titans, preserving the arts of magic and ensuring they are used only by those with the wisdom to understand them.

As such we wills solidify our friendship."
    "I am the Divinus of Wisdom, Virtue, and Authority, I possess the absolute right to punish the doers of evil. Trust that I will maintain my powers, as I know secrets of the universe that are great for one of my meagre strength."

"Of course.... You may have rights to them. Take heed however, as I am the Master of benevolence. All living creatures will either live in peace, or the demon or spirit which persecutes them shall earn my enmity."

6. - Top - End - #66

Anti

Raising an eyebrow, the young boy looks at the two gods of Chaos. He smiles slightly.

"Well, building can give a recreation of chaos!" He says as if to defend himself.

With these words, he lifts his hands up in the air. There is something of a shockwave occuring in the murky water. And something like a tiny bit of land no larger than a man's fist arises.

He swiftly put his hand over it, muttering something, and then smiles at the creation.

"See that? That's a maze! A labyrinth!"
    A Revenant

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Veohloris and Mythek

"Suggestions I think are legion. Secrets are both profound and powerfull, yet harmless and void. Look upon my second creation, the fey...denizens of the natural world and highly mysterious. Yet I feel they are unfinished. Perhaps if you would warp them into chaos, split them in two and warp them into all sorts of chaotic forms. Then surely they would be a bane of order, wandering miscreants and prankster, foolish sages and keepers of secrets that are either void or potent, but none shall know till he finds them. I shall give them all a random secret of magic if you were to warp them."

((OOC: in essence you create 1000 more random creatures and we split the fey to create a whole scale of random humanoid animal and weirder hybrids to truly create miscreant pixies and insanely babbling frog headed Boguns.))

The lord of shadows whispers jump from place to place as the fey randomly come in and out and randomly receiving their 'modifications'
    "Split into two? Chaos does not come in twos, it comes in an infinite repetition of an infinite series of random numbers. No other way, cactus. But consider your request granted, master. I am your genie, as you are my rug. The fey will be warped, and the world will follow"

Mythek's tentacles reached out again, their hands touching a thousand faces, faces that would grin or shiver in fear upon the touch of this cold, slippery and singing hot abomination. The fey were warped, each of them different, but still with certain likeness to the whole. two individual fey could be different in every single way, but fill a room with them and you'd spot the things they had in common. Two fey could have the same nose, while two others grinned the same evil smile, still, a third would have neither but resemble all with that strange growth on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
    Anti

Raising an eyebrow, the young boy looks at the two gods of Chaos. He smiles slightly.

"Well, building can give a recreation of chaos!" He says as if to defend himself.

With these words, he lifts his hands up in the air. There is something of a shockwave occuring in the murky water. And something like a tiny bit of land no larger than a man's fist arises.

He swiftly put his hand over it, muttering something, and then smiles at the creation.

"See that? That's a maze! A labyrinth!"
    "Mazes are carefully ordered sequences of finite turns and twist, specifically designed for one to be lost if he follows the specific rules of the labyrinth. A maze is order. Tea with leprechaun steak and fluorescent cookies is chaos. Ever seen a man eat soup with a fork?"
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-15 at 05:02 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

8. - Top - End - #68

"So let it be done then, call out your 1000 best and let's turn them into the Titans."

Veohloris instills the 1000 giants with some of magics secrets, the gift is that of thunder. How to make once hands crackle with lightning, maybe the wisest would learn how to use this gift and command the thunder of the heavens themselves. Yet he also secretly instills them with something hidden by shadow essence, a secret that would open their minds to persuasion to those that could learn the true name that he gave to each of them. These secret names he would then fragment and hide in the hidden places of the world, from the shadowy corners of the underworld of Asmodeus to the depths of Corbasi's ruins to the hidden passage's of Anti's labyrinth and the dustiest tomes of Morakars libary. Each fragment of each name would be spread over these locations and hidden such that it's meaning would not be understood save for one who knew what he was looking for and the wisdom to understand the magics of the mind.

Veohloris and the secret of the magic of the mind

To some of the doppelgangers he bestowed a gift, the basics of the secret lore of the magic of the mind. In it's basic form no more then an ability to win trust, but the greatest amongst them could grow potent mind benders indeed. the dicipline of enchantment had been created.

Veohloris and Anti

"Truly amazing...a place where one can hide secrets amids the depth of the mind of chaos...what more do you have in mind?"
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-03-15 at 05:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lex Legis, God of Law

Lex Legis sat on his throne, in the sanctuary. He watched the material plane, watched the spread of life and land. He watched as the great island in the sky was created, as the first grove grew, and was corrupted, as the elves and dwarves were created, as corbasi's civilization propspered.
    "This world needs laws."
    Lex Legis stood from his throne. He held up the gavel in his right hand, and with it he created his first servant, Truth. He held the noose in his left, and with it created his second servant, Justice.
    "Go down and walk the land, my servants. Spread the word of law. Protect the innocent. Punish the guilty."

This done, he walked to the centre of the sanctuary. Amplifying his voice so that it could be heard by every Divinus in creation, he spoke.
    "Come to the santuary, those of you who value order. We shall create the laws."
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 Avatars of Law created.
    The santuary refers to the building in the sky described in Armin's second post. It contains the thrones of all the divinus, except Mythek, since he destroyed his.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

10. - Top - End - #70

Anti: the Architect

Shaping the structure as at least one of them seemed interested, the maze moves upwards, torturous, twisting itself. Blocks seem to randomly place each other, stairs with missing steps, stairs crossing each over once over, the creation goes ever upwards, the walls of the labyrinth grow taller, a tower in the middle rises, but is it really a tower? It seems the muck of the marsh is on the sides of the building. It has no particular shape, the building separates into two branches, one that goes East, one that goes North-West, it makes an arch over the labyrinth, and long winding corridors that come out from the main structures spin in the air and land in random parts of the maze below, creating entries.

"Maybe something like that?"
    A Revenant

11. - Top - End - #71
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Vakira, God of Nature to Cerus

"The gift of earth is appreciated,"
    Vakira says with a smile as he gestures towards where he imagine Cerus' isle to be, "and I will gladly fill it with you, but all I truly ask if your assurances against the darkness and the flames that have already encroached on this world. My first creation is already tainted. I would not have that happen to the reef, nor to any other place I create." The god roars loudly and in the distance the sea churns and rises into the air. A jet of quick water boars a hole through the far end of Cerus' isle, and rivers spring forth across it only to fall over the edges of the island and cascade back into the sea.

Vakira's Envoy

Vakira turns his attentions to the first grigin again, and offers him a bright blue light and a gray orb. The grigin takes both, and sacred markings run across his skin like fresh calligraphy.

Vakira's Envoy to Lex

A small grigin appears in the sanctuary, a bright blue-green aura surrounding him to mark him as a divine envoy. He hops lightly to Lex Legis and tilts his head to the side.

"With respects," the frog-says, "Vakira does not submit to 'law' by you."

A strong breeze ripe with the electric scent of ozone ripples through the sanctuary, and the grigin is gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vakira's Envoy is now fully empowered: plants, water, and weather. He's the first (and only) Worldwarden for Vakira. Still not very powerful compared to most of the heavy hitters in the world (like Lex's servants, or the Wyrms). But he can start training Bluewardens (water-magicians) and Graywardens (weather-magicians).

12. - Top - End - #72

Lex Legis

Lex ignores the frog. It's envoy has no meaning to him, for none can deny the law.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

"If this is the case then I have even more wonderful news! I've already set four of my desciples to teach my people the ways of combat. Magic, Stealth, Fury, and Strategy. As a matter of fact it would seem the guardian of magic is having a bit of trouble though. Must be the work of the one that controls magic, always so troublesome. I must remember to slow this down once they stablize. Can't have one race become this powerful or it might piss off whoever is in control of order and balance." He laughs and takes a seat in midair "I can't tell you how ticked the gods of balance were when I obtained this power. All I ever head was "A mortal shouldn't have this kind of power" Blah Blah Blah "You can't go giving magical cannons to the gnomes" "Eh... oh man, was I ranting? I'm sorry I guess I just haven't had anyone to talk with in such a long time."
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-03-15 at 06:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus smiles at the gift of the werewolf, and he sets them to hunting in his corrupted forest, seeking to prey on mortals, and spread their disease. The Beast frowns, he looks upon his wraiths and the god of civilization and is displeased. As much as it pains him, he decides to reveal his true form to the fool who would tamper with his domain. The massive colossus of muscle and unholy power slithers through the forests and deserts, spreading corruption where it treads, and where his fangs drip poison, snakes the size of men grew, and slithered away. When he finally reached the God of Civilization he reared up to his full height, which blocked cast a great shadow over the civilization "You, god of civilization and order, what right have you to dismiss my wraiths, the spreader of my word, who take the souls of the departed to their rightful place in my caverns. I am the god of the life after death, and it is not your place to deny me and my servants our rightful place. His booming voice echoed across the land, and sounded more of a proclamation to all, then a simple speech to one.

off in the distance, where the fires died out and the flowers bloomed, the shadows and fires and smokes that lived had not yet died out. They sought out that which would burn and burned it, they cast their oppressive smog across the forest, and leered from the shadows of every flame.

The great Wyrms of the sea agreed to spread the word of further land to their lord, and the fastest of their kind, the great "Eschess" a massive green Wyrm, sped with all haste to the Beasts cavern, where the sounds of souls echoed eternally, and demons danced in the oppressive darkness.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
    Anti: the Architect

Shaping the structure as at least one of them seemed interested, the maze moves upwards, torturous, twisting itself. Blocks seem to randomly place each other, stairs with missing steps, stairs crossing each over once over, the creation goes ever upwards, the walls of the labyrinth grow taller, a tower in the middle rises, but is it really a tower? It seems the muck of the marsh is on the sides of the building. It has no particular shape, the building separates into two branches, one that goes East, one that goes North-West, it makes an arch over the labyrinth, and long winding corridors that come out from the main structures spin in the air and land in random parts of the maze below, creating entries.

"Maybe something like that?"
    Mythek laughed, though it sounded a lot like the sound of a carhorn mixed with that of a plane engine.

"Yes, much better. You'll learn yet, grasshopper. Wax on, wax off, like the waxing and waning of the moon. All you need now is a gift shop at the centre"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

16. - Top - End - #76

((@PirateJesus: as much as I'd hate to say it. How does cerus intend to teach his people magic? It is simply the fact that Veohloris holds sway over magic and has set up the nature of magic. The very idea behind it is that it's restricted only to the wisest.))
    The Nature of Magic

Veohloris as god of magic, the greatest of the secret arts, builds the nature of magic as some creatures start to wield it. It is an art that comes not from knowlegde, and of which only the very basics can be taught, but one that requires wisdom and delving into secrets to master. It relies upon an introverted sense of knowledge, gained in part through meditation on it's nature and binding it to the very soul.

Books and scrolls, though create-able are void without the wisdom required to master the secrets within it. Mages would be rare, and would rely upon themselves first to command others second.
    ((OOC: note: i don't intend to prevent others having any of it (such would be an unfair advantage to me and ultimately be unwise as I'd be hurting my own cause), but I do wonder how you could develop it without his help or without using his rules, which incidentally strive to find a certain balance to prevent mortals from being gods in their own right.))

Veohloris and the chaotic architect

"Truly an interesting creation. but if you'd let me..."

Veohloris touches the labyrinth as it becomes animated and riddled with shadow, walls are shifting, barriers move created by shadow and webs of secrets are spun with words to arcane to comprehend, meaning all or nothing. The creation would be a palace where the brave could go and find magic, but should watch the shadow and prevent themselves from going insane through the multitude of incomprehensible whispers and secrets.

"Now with just a touch of chaos and this would be the palace of fey...a warped and ever shifting realm of chaos, creation and shadow. With hidden secrets many and none, everywhere and at no time present...what do you say Mythek?"

Veohloris and Lex Legis

In the sanctuary the throne of magic is empty, though a shadow is cast from it that speaks.

"What laws would you create and how would you enforce them?

Still the primary law should be that none of us may create anything that would allow mortals to obtain the full powers of the gods.

The second law should be that we respect each others powers and seek not to steal them or take them."
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-03-15 at 07:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif
    God of Night

High above the world, turmoil writhed within the sun. A part of the solar body had rebelled against light. The harsh light blinded and burned it. It kicked itself free sending the sun spinning across the sky. The world descends into night. The being's struggle to free itself from the sun shattered its celestial body into a million stars. Its dark core plummeted to the earth in the form of a massive dog.
    The shaggy mastif opens its eyes to cool darkness. The tiny points of light don't burn but are beautiful.
    It perked its ears. It could hear voices from the darkness. They whispered thanks for its protection and safety. Then it heard other creatures in the night. They intended to harm those that enjoyed his protection.
    He ran through the forests and shadows of the world changing into a man with a shield and hand axe. One of the hungry monsters of The Great Wolf was lurking near a sleeping town. As it rushed to tear into the village, a shield of stars blocked its path. "Come no further. These are they that depend on me for protection. You will not harm them.
    The wolfish creature charged again. They fought with Mehswif taking the defensive but in the end the shield pushed it back once more into the shadows I say again stay away from my charges. I have let you live these two times, but test me a third time and I will end you.
    The creature was leery now but its bloodlust was too great for it to head thoughts of hesitation. As it charged again, Mehswif did not try to block it. Instead he brought his axe down on the monsters neck as it went past.
    The conflict over, he heard more killers in the dark. Mehswif protected those that praised him and left those that feared him to their fate. Mehswif noticed a light on the horizon. The sun was coming back searching for him. He tried to gather concealing shadows around him but found he had no power over them. To be of darkness but have no purview over shadows. This will have to be remedied. The god fled to the far side of the world. The sun would pass on to search more distant lands and once it did he would search out The Great Wolf, father of so many things that threatened his worshippers.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-15 at 07:10 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm?

Cerus looks outside the cave.

"We'll have to save the chat for another time, it seems theres something I need to take care of."

He teleports away to his isle in the sky. Grabbing his blade he looks to a few of the Tiger clan who have donned their armor.

"Time to show me what you're made of."

He teleports himself and 100 of the warriors to the settlement the god of Night was forced to retreat from.

In a loud booming voice:
    "Fear not! Your saviors are here! Ready your arms...Annihilate the enemy, defend the humans at all costs!"

In a roar the armored fighters plow into the forest with a portion of them staying back in the village.

19. - Top - End - #79

Anti

He smiles, happy to have been able to create something for a very demanding audience.

"Well, if you need me for other things, you can find me if you walk East for a while. A big Island."

Going back to the Island Fortress, he sighs slightly, looking around.

"It doesn't feel like anything has changed, pretty lucky!"

As the Elves gather some come close to their lord, bowing low. They claim another god came and took one of his disciples away. Anti raises an eyebrow. The gentle god told them to get up again, and his people rose. They were taller than him, but he humbled them.

"I'd like you to start creating bows, not for hunting, but for war. There is much out there that is being created. And much that is being destroyed."

Showing the elves how to create great yew longbows, Anti teaches them until they are able to do it in a way that felt almost satisfying for him. (Which was already great a feat in itself) Then he showed them fletchery, how to make different types of arrows. Arrows that could pierce, arrows that would stick in a target, arrows that would slash, arrows that would create terrible noises as they were fired.

"With this, defend yourself from your enemies."

He turns around going near the fortifications, disappearing out of sight. He comes back quickly, however, looking like he was in a hurry.

"Oh, and I forgot, here's a little something."

He gives the elves several Horns of great design.

"They will call me. From anywhere. Ring them if your bows can do naught, and I will come for you." The child smiles, but it's a mischievous one.

Who knows what he was really capable of.
    A Revenant

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

As the gods rally a defense for the town, the beats of Asmodeus began to aid those of the Great Wolf. The wraiths, in their many forms, moaning in phantom agony, creatures of flame, smog, and shadow assail the defenders. The many corrupted beasts join the Great Beasts creatures, and the crooked tree creatures, along with the warped beasts, assaulted the gods, even a mighty Black Wyrm came in the night, bringing its destruction to the forces of the Good Gods.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Veohloris and the chaotic architect

"Truly an interesting creation. but if you'd let me..."

Veohloris touches the labyrinth as it becomes animated and riddled with shadow, walls are shifting, barriers move created by shadow and webs of secrets are spun with words to arcane to comprehend, meaning all or nothing. The creation would be a palace where the brave could go and find magic, but should watch the shadow and prevent themselves from going insane through the multitude of incomprehensible whispers and secrets.

"Now with just a touch of chaos and this would be the palace of fey...a warped and ever shifting realm of chaos, creation and shadow. With hidden secrets many and none, everywhere and at no time present...what do you say Mythek?"
    The mad god clapped his hands (well, flippers at the time, actually) as he saw the improved labyrinth.

"Just some cinnamon to spice things up!" the god said, streaking the walls with a slimy limb. The walls changed, became alive. Stone could shift in this maze when one wasn't looking, changing the very structure of the building without anyone noticing.
    "Every maze needs a minotaur" the god added as a bug crawled out of his mouth and into a crevice in the wall, which immediately closed behind it. Inside the creature grew into a giant mantis with claws that could cleave stone and a hunger for meat.

One of the god's limbs changed into a branch and he stared at it for a bit, as if surprised to find it there.
    "There's birds living in here..." he mumbled.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-15 at 08:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif
    God of Night

Returning after the setting of the sun, Mehswif was horrified to find the town he had protected before beseiged by more corrupt beasts and the minions of Asmodeus. Another god had been fighting in his absence thankfully.
    The sound of battle seems to fade and in the silence a whisper comes from the night. "These people are my charge. I will not sit idle while you try to destroy them."
    A flash of light above the canopy draws many eyes. A falling star streaks through the sky with a low whistling. A deep reveberating thump is heard as the black metal buries itself deep in the ground before the Great Wolf's and Asmodeus' forces, throwing up dirt that comes down like a warm heavy rain.
    The whisper comes again "You are warned."
    Check out Avatar

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see you've returned. My soldiers and I manged to keep casualties to a minimum." *sigh*

He looks towards the bodies of 14 of his fallen warriors.

"It seems my people will experience loss quicker than I had hoped. We will now take our leave."

Along with the remaining warriors carrying the dead, Cerus teleports back to Keidara (yes, thats what i'm naming the island) There, he presents the bodies to the inhabitants.

"My people... These warriors have proven themselves as fine examples. They return to you, battered, bruised, and covered in blood. The blood of the innocent, the blood of comrades, and the blood of the enemy. Let it be known, that I FORBID the mourning of a warrior who has fallen in battle. Those who die in battle shall be celebrated for their courage. I shall now present a gift to all warriors, those who have fallen, those who shall be born, and those who shall fall next to their comrades in battle defending that which cannot defend itself.

Cerus rears back and summons in the center of the isle a monolithic temple in the shape of a sword stuck in the ground, joining it are a spear, 3 daggers and a twisted staff. He enters the building beckoning the one carrying the dead, in the temple is a large pit of flame as well as 4 massive blank obsidian walls at each corner. He levitates one of the corpses into the pit, the body is almost instantly annihilated by the flames. Over in the corner, one the wall marked by the head of a tiger with a spear behind it, a small name inscribes itself on the wall. He gesture to the others to repeat what he has done... they do so without shedding a tear.

24. - Top - End - #84

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hephais

The Smith watches as evil spreads and civilization is created. He keeps a close eye on his people and protects them from encroaching darkness. He sets his stone gaurdians to patrol the mountain passages and let nothing pass.

He heeds the call of the god of Law, interested to see the ideas of this new god. He himself values such things as law and order.

As he views the forces of evil encircling a small town, the Smith teleports himself there to stand on the side of good. He leaves his creations out of it for now hoping to keep them isolated from this world for the time being. His hammer is feared by those who see him on the battle field and his battle cries cause enemies to tremble.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Mythek and the Myth of Law
    Once more the mad god entered the hall of the gods. After the destruction of his throne, it was not a place you'd expect him to be, but that was probably the point of him being there.

He walked up to the rubble that was his throne and sat down on it. After a while, he looked at the god of Law, Lex Legis. A smirk appeared on his face.
    "I'm the Spielberg to your De Palma, aren't I? The carrot juice to your Derwish, the jester to your librarian, the duck to your pretzel. Suppose you'd just stop this, all this law and order business?"

26. - Top - End - #86

Morakar and the Law

Morakar appears and sits on his throne, saying to Lex Legis, "Law... Law requires Knowledge. If no-one knows the Law, your cause is hopeless. Therefore, I ask a bargain of you- give me the protection of your Law and I will teach the peoples to obey and learn the laws you bring. What say you?"

Morakar's Disciples

The Disciples have learnt much since they were brought to the Library, recording it in scrolls that slowly begin to fill the shelves. The first scrolls are the most basic- so far, they are scratching at the edges, seeing the way the world works, classifying and categorising. There is much still to do, but something has begun...
    Last edited by MorkaisChosen; 2008-03-16 at 06:24 AM.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus, with his proclamation voiced and still echoing across the lands, turned his attention to his own servants. Another god had come to defend the town, and the old one had returned. Asmodeus was displeased. With a great bellowing roar like a thunder clap, his massive form grew great wings, like a birds, and he soared toward the town faster than one would think possible. His wings shrunk as he descended, and by the time he reached the town he had returned to his original form. He reared up before the village, his massive form eclipsing many stars, and the only light came from his glowing red form. What is this, you interfere with the works of mortals. Well, if this is the game you wish to play, then let us play it he bared his fangs and roared again, his massive bulk shifting forward to rake at the defending forces, his venom causing corruption wherever it fell. he pulled back, coiling like the massive serpent he was, and roared again, a great noise which shook the earth. Begone from this place, you beings of divinity, leave the mortals to their work!

28. - Top - End - #88

Lex Legis and Veohloris

"I would create two laws at this time, though more may come.
    First, that no Divinus may destroy another.
    Second, that no Divinus may directly kill or destroy another Divinus' creation. They may do so through their followers, but not by direct interference."

Lex Legis and Mythek

"No, there is no chance that I will give up the law. Remember that the law protects all, good or evil, chaotic or orderly. Follow it, and you are safe from my scorn and wrath."

Lex Legis and Morakar

"All have the protection of the law. The law does not favour one above another. You are correct in the need for knowledge though. My servants will spread the word of law, but your help would be appreciated if you will give it."

Justice and Asmodeus

As Asmodeus fights against the other gods in the village battle, Justice appears beside him (it?), his noose swinging lightly in his hand.
    "I bear a message from Lex Legis. You are frustrated by the direct divine intervention in this conflict. He seeks to create a law that would prevent such conduct. Perhaps you would be interested in lending your power to help create this law."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The great Beast turned to regard the figure, with the noose twirling in its hand. He easily dwarfed the creature, his colossal form shifting he turned to regard it, a massive Wyrm alighted on the ground near to Asmodeus, the Wyrm could easily destroy the village on its own, and was massive by the standards of mortals, far larger than even a Giant, but it too was a humble, small creature next to Asmodeus. Asmodeus smiled, a cruel cunning smile that promised only darkness and evil and spoke in his massive voice, a voice that demanded attention Yes, I would help to create such laws. It angers me that everywhere I turn my works and my creatures are thwarted by so called divines, my place as god of the Underworlds is challenged, and my many psychopomps are struck down, denying me the souls to which I rightfully claim. Even with the aid of the other gods of darkness and evil, I am easily outnumbered, and this unbalance can not stand. The Wyrm that had alighted near Asmodeus, a great green female named Varnilkan, alighted and flew next to the creature This is my loyal servant, my mate, she will be as my messenger, she will go with you to your master, I shall await him in my domain. with one last glower of hatred at the defenders Asmodeus headed back toward the massive rent in the side of the mountain, the entrance to his home, to the Underworld.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

An angry murmur issues from the darkness "You chide ME?! I did not protect these people from their works, I protected them from the works of other gods. You and the Wolf are the ones who forced my interference and even then I gave warning in spades to your creations. Would it make a difference if I had used minions and servants as you have done? Do you deny that you sent these monsters kill these people? I will not allow it! They are MINE and I will protect them! It is my right to interfere in that regard.
    "This is not a battle for abstract ideals as some seem to think. It is one of survival. If the people cannot fight it themselves it is your fault not theirs, for you sent your minions against them. There are those who do not worship me and so I would not have protect them. Why did you not attack them? As it stands I only see that you have targeted my people without provocation. Even now I have yet to land a blow in this current combat. So I ask you, what right have you to target my people with your wrath?
    Check out Avatar