New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Ah ok I guess.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus

All of this had been too much. The near annihilation of life, the slaughter of the gods, the capture of his son, the release of the demon within him, and now, the death (he doesn't know you still exist) of the one he considered a friend. It was happening all over again.

"No, this...this can't be"... Even when I've ascended to godhood, I'm still too weak. Luna...Garrus...Lethys... Tears begin forming in the god's eyes. "I've failed you all. Cerus drops to his knees and begins punching the ground, causing a progressively larger crater with each strike.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

3. - Top - End - #933

Well, one thing I can happy about. That I don't live in the same realm as the mortals. I am not going to die. Yes!

OCC also is anyone going to guess, and {deadtime}
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2008-04-07 at 11:21 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

4. - Top - End - #934

Ero sends a message to Cerus: "I have your son and followers, I will exchange them for an artifact of worth value to you.

erothayce.tumblr.com

5. - Top - End - #935
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sitting in his throne, Grex suddenly sit up. I still have it! It must be clear of the sun before it goes! Grex stands up, then limping to a table, he takes up something covered by a cloth. I made this to stop Xyler's plot, but it was never finished. It must not be destroyed. Grex, now reduced to crawling, crawls to the window. Then, taking a deep breath, he throws the object, still covered by the cloth through the window. Now with his task completed, Grex leans back on the table smiling. If I live, /i can get it back. And if not, in a hundred years it will come down to what remains of the world and then someone else will use it for good. And there Grex lays, waiting again for the end.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith

As Asmodeus's realm ceases to accept souls, a faint hole in his realm that had gone unnoticed for millenia is abruptly the only place for dead souls to go. Before now, it had taken only a few—less than ten each year—and only those who had died truly unhappy were drawn to it to pass to the Grey Plains.

Now, as the newly dead have no other place to go, the siphon grows larger. Souls begin to seek it out, as it is the only place remaining to them to go; and they emerge onto the Grey Plains. The color-leeched fog grows thick with them; unhappy memories twist through the air, and melancholy and loss are almost palpable, like a weight on one's shoulders.

In her hall, Lilith looks out from her throne. The mirrors showed a multitude of places; cities and towns burning in the aftermath of the war, the now-empty Underworld, the exhausted and weakened sun. "Now you see why I do nothing to spread my influence," she said to the figure standing behind her throne. "Not because I care anything for the world, but because I don't need to. Those idiots will bring enough misery and death without my needing to ever lift a finger."

"But you do not take joy in it," replies the Hierarch. Her form is not like Lilith's; she is around the height of a tall human woman. What she looks like is difficult to make out, for she is swathed in white cloth, and a fuzzy aura of dim light surrounds her. "That is why I believe you are not beyond hope."

"Misguided. You have yet to convince me there is anything of worth in your arguments."

"I have persuaded you to allow me to remain. You do not insist that my false hope gives you still more pain."

"That's because it's almost blackly funny, in a way, and I would feel it no matter where you are. Your service in exchange for staying has not yet been required, Mara, but when it is it will hurt you."

"Everything has its price." The two continue to stare out at the mirrors, and at the still-ravaged world.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #937

Intrested in Asmodeus's cave Ero decides to investigate it. In the investigation he comes across an odd portal. Seeing that it is taking the recently departed souls Ero wants this. After investigating it he deduces that it is the worl of another god and decides to try and figure how it works and make one for himself. After spending quite a long time studying and working to figure it out Ero thinks that he has uncovered how it works. Crossing his fingers he unleashes a stream of divine energy using the formula he deduced from the other portal with a slight modification, it took more souls. Flaring into life the portal immediatley begins to take on souls. Exhausted by his efforts Ero returns to his own plane. He can't resist smiling though. "Finally some guests for my castle. haha."

((I justify this by the fact that i have the logic domain and can puzzle out how things work and copy the effect))
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-04-08 at 12:57 AM.

erothayce.tumblr.com

8. - Top - End - #938
    Banned

As Asmodeus's realm ceases to accept souls, a faint hole in his realm that had gone unnoticed for millenia is abruptly the only place for dead souls to go. Before now, it had taken only a few—less than ten each year—and only those who had died truly unhappy were drawn to it to pass to the Grey Plains.

Now, as the newly dead have no other place to go, the siphon grows larger. Souls begin to seek it out, as it is the only place remaining to them to go; and they emerge onto the Grey Plains. The color-leeched fog grows thick with them; unhappy memories twist through the air, and melancholy and loss are almost palpable, like a weight on one's shoulders.
    Lacrimosus uses umbral blots to limit the souls going into this, and any likwise portal, so that any god who wishes souls may claim an equal and fair share. He also sets about catologing the souls. ((I have Repose(death), Fate, and Knowledge as domains, so this isnt very hard for my god to do))

He stands where Asmodeous once sat and ruled, missing an arm and beaten, and wonders if he is doign what is right, or what is wrong, as his servants sort the souls.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrus

"He left...Well, its not matter I've paid his price. That only leaves one thing." As he pauses, an unstable portal opens up near him. "I don't care HOW tired you are, keep it open or I'll have yo nuking rats in the sewers! Master Garrus, please quickly. We've already retrieved the others." The portal disappears as Garrus walks through, leaveing a sword, the blade of which appeared to be a big black feather.

Cerus
    After a few moments, Cerus' shadow seems to flow away and seep into the ground. He manages to his feet. "I..." The red aura the previously engulfed him was now purified by the essence of the sun within him and now surrounding him was a bright fire of pure white. "I will not die here!" He takes up his sword and lunges toward the now weakened beings who had overpowered Asmodeus. "My people will not die this way!"
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-04-08 at 05:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940

Thank you Garrus for your generous donation. Now what might be the manner of this sword?

Ero commands a pit fiend to pick up the blade and bring it to an unspecified unscryable room in the castle. This done Ero retires to his workshop.

erothayce.tumblr.com

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Khent

As the pit fiend attempt the draw the sword, a shadow come through the cracks of the walls into the blade. The fiend is engulfed in black flames and reduced to a charred skeleton (assuming it had bones to begin with) "Fool, my power shall not be wielded by a pathetic mortal!"

12. - Top - End - #942

At the sound of a screaming pit fiend Ero departs his workshop with his project only halfway done. "Now what is going on?" Finding the ashes of his servant next to the sword Ero decides to pick it up and see what happens.

erothayce.tumblr.com

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Instead of being burned alive, all Ero feels is a tingling snesation throughout his physical and mental being. {You shall make a fine vessel} This voice rings through Ero's mind as a black aura surrounds him and his new weapon. A red scratch grows on the side of the blade into a strange language. Somehow, Ero knows this word "Khent"

14. - Top - End - #944

"Now listen here sword I am no vessel. You will submit entirely to me and tell me the extent of your powers or I shall feed you to Lacrimosus's void."
    Saying this Ero returns to his workshop.
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-04-08 at 07:09 PM.

erothayce.tumblr.com

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Turn 8: Turn 9?

Meanwhile, the Sun had reappeared.... Amon, and the others had all been strengthened through the battle of Asmodeus. (all non-Amon characters get +1 DvR)

It appeared that for some reason the Sun had been put back together.

After the centuries passed, the world's population had reached 6,000,000 people. Nations were now almost widespread, and kingdoms other than Chang existed.

16. - Top - End - #946

During this time Ero completed what he was working on in his workshop. Living blades, much like the Kytons he commanded, were now wrapped around his body. These blades respond to his will and had a semi-mind of their own. They had other powers but they are quite mysterious.

Also during this time Ero sent a force to attack a semi-divinus. They were succesful, he now owns thier realm and thier is one less semi-divinus.

Ero's legions have also multiplied in number.

He still has no idea what the sword does because it has kept silent since the last words it spoke.

erothayce.tumblr.com

17. - Top - End - #947

Grex, after nearly dieing from his wounds, recovers. Now, a much more careful god, he chose to spead art to other gods. Artists, now make beautiful works of art for the gods, except for the gods who would have no beauty. Xyler, Mythek, Lilith, and Lacrimosus have no art for them. The god of the underworld, Asmodeus, also receives no art, for he has disappeared. Grex, however, is not pleased with his discovery of the lady of despair, Lilith. Despair doesn't create art, or likes light. So, Grex began planing ways to deal with this cunning goddess.

18. - Top - End - #948

Ero sends a message to Grex. "Thank you for the art Grex it is quite intresting."

erothayce.tumblr.com

19. - Top - End - #949
    Banned

Xyler, Mythek, Lilith, and Lacrimosus have no art for them
    Lacrimosus takes note of the outshiping of art and of the gods who are excluded. He has it arranged so that one of his rare (only two not in Lacirmosus' personal posession) Crystal Flutes (which can also play phantasmal violins) makes into the hands of the Sun God.

The Third Tear
    As a new age dawns the Third Tear collapses to a dark pinpoint and massive amounts of energy are released. What happens to most of this is not known, but Lacrimosus crafts a new right arm (he is left handed) for himself to replace the one Asmodeous destroyed.

Spoiler
    Show

Vacus Armo
    The Empty Arm is a prosthetic limb and a weapon of awesome power (not even kidding). Its outer shell is electrum(gold/silver alloy) and is heavily runed with symbols of appear meaningless. Each symbol is actualy the first part of a runic spell that is ingraved microscopicly into the arm. These are powered by the energy pulsing within the arm, that can be made *active* by expanding the arm slightly, letting dark power pour out of the seams in the metal appendage.
    When active the arm can distort time and space. It also allows disintegrating rays to by fired from the fingers. The entire are can transform to act as a +10 outsider dread keen longsword. The arm can also occasionaly cast Greater Ruin in a 1000 foot radius around a target point (or Rain of Fire). The arm generates an Eclipse whenever it is active. The arm casts a permenant Kinetic Control on its posesser. The arm will only function on Lacrimosus and is self-repairing at an atomic level.
    Anything attempting to destroy or alter the arm suffers a Momento Mori spell for their efforts. This includes Lacrimosus.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: You people need to put harmful conditions into your artifacts, I mean at least have them drain your power somewhat. I mean seriously, how can you go about making awesome artifacts with no repercussions?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #951

((OOC: Yes because some animated chains with some powers should suck some crazy power out of me because they are so powerful! Hypocrosy aside please post in the OOC thread.))

erothayce.tumblr.com

22. - Top - End - #952
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Vakira

Vakira's work is the work of an eternity, the slow, half-dreaming work of a weary god. His promise to Lacrimosus is not taken lightly: he waits out the age, letting the weight of his divinity press down upon the book like a slow vice. A quarter of the book has dissolved away into motes of pearl and jet, and these remnants gather at the Divinus of Nature's feet. He considers them carefully, tempted only briefly by personal desire. Instead, he nudges the motes with his gentle maw and flings them through Creation. Where they land, nature will sanctify itself: nexuses of power, natural sanctuaries for the ambient powers of the world. He smiles, knowingly, as he adds one last caveat:

"No creature divine may claim a sanctuary, my blood is for the mortals."

Spoiler
    Show

1,000 Sanctuaries are scattered across the world.
    • 300 Water Sanctuaries
    • 300 Forest Sanctuaries
    • 300 Aerial Sanctuaries
    • 100 Swamp Sanctuaries

Each sanctuary is a small area about 1/2 a square mile. Nature in the area is pristine and beautiful and, often, impossible: water falls upward, trees grow oddly tall and close. Sentient creatures can claim power or protection from a Sanctuary, but nothing divine can--meaning no gods and no divine proxies. Vakira monitors the Sanctuaries, but only to make sure that their power is not abused by clever gods. Even with the full power of a Sanctuary, a mortal creature isn't terribly strong...Vakira's just trying to help them improve their lot. They have to figure it out by themselves.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Banned

OOC: You people need to put harmful conditions into your artifacts, I mean at least have them drain your power somewhat. I mean seriously, how can you go about making awesome artifacts with no repercussions
    ((The arm has drawbacks, but none would be particularly relevant unless you always followed Lacrimosus around and saw what he did day to day. For one, he has to eat like a mortal now. Two, no sentiant items on his person. Three, ritual sacrifices to appease the arm. Four, arm swallows EVERYTHING about you a few rounds after you die. Five, arm cant be used continualy. Six, arm puts great stress on your body (not relevant to a god, particularly) Seven, arm cant be removed. Eight, arm drains a few character levels. Nine, when active the arm amplifies any damage you take. Ten, the arm cant be allowed to touch mortals, or it will harm them(lacrimosus has a wife, ya know)))

Sanctuary
    The Grael, the most nature attuned of the "developed" races, uses the sanctuaries to their advantage. Although their god worries about the wisdom of this, he does not interfere. The Shadows also seek out sanctuaries (the swamp ones) to create safehavens for themselves and other "monsterous" races that are maligned.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-04-08 at 08:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The servants of Asmodues remained loyal to Asmodeus, oblivious to his leaving, as the demons that had come through before the Underworld had vanished had remained, and the priests spells and prayers were answered by Asmodeus's Hierarch, The Nameless One, who dwelled in the deeps of The Swamp.

Many of the new sanctuaries were utilized by the twisted and corrupted beasts of Asmodeus, who had dwelled near the entrance of the Underworld. Many fled into the Sanctuaries, corrupting them with their essence and presence, turning them into warped parodies of their former selves, much like the forests of which they had previously dwelled. The many Kreks, elementals, and warped beasts dwelled in these corrupted sanctuaries, safe from the purging hunts of the more "civilized" races. The Wraiths and Evil Spirits of Asmodeus also made some use of these sanctuaries. The Wraiths, connected on a profound scale with the Underworld, noted its disappearance, and they mourned. Every year, upon the day of the Underworlds "passing" a keening, unholy, unearthly moan would beset the world, as the chorus of unholy creatures reached a high rattling moan, which drove fear into the hearts and souls of mortal men, as this sound meant that the Wraiths would reap a terrible harvest of souls, which they stored in some unknown realm, where none could find the souls, or discern their fates.

25. - Top - End - #955

(OOC: Lacrimosus got no art because he is the god of the void, which is a little hard to show in art. I thought you wouldn't want any.)

26. - Top - End - #956

Xlyte was greatly pleased by Asmodeus passing. He laughed when the Wraiths moaned. Enjoyed that the one he found most bortersome being gone and happyness in the nightmaric verusions of the wraiths being born of the very fear they created. Joy in the chaos the had the whole world in such a grip that gods of Good and Evil had to be build sanctuaries to project what was left. And in his newly created Hierarch, who he named Random. And in his latest toy he made to play with. A kind of cube that can be twisted and turned about. And Shourd and Boggeyman have started the rebuilding of Xlyte's tower.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

The years after the Divine war definately left its mark on Cerus, so to speak. His red aura was replaced with white fire surrounding him, burning only the forces of the unholy. As well all of the blood stains on his body had vanished, save for the large one running across his chest. He had finally see up a realm on the material plane, its exact center being his throne in his main temple. In the absence of the underworld lord, he kept watch over the followers of Asmodeus.

His own people by no means went unnoticed. Each of them now bore the symbol of a winged sword on their body, signifying that they were under the war god's protection. Any harm coming to them would now be felt, depending on the serverity, by various figures of authority.

Garrus had grown closer to his father in these years and as a favor, walked among the lands of Asmodeus' people to seek out the mate of the vanished god. For what reason he did not know.

28. - Top - End - #958

In Ceres' main temple, a figure walks up the steps to the throne room. Pausing, every some often, the figure walks up to Cersus. Well, Ceres. It seems that you did well with what you took from ME! I admit that my actions were foolish and not kind. However, I would like what is mine back. There is no threat in this, but without what you take, I can't do my job very well.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

In the massive mountain peaks, of the craggy mountains near the entrance of Asmodeus's realm, Varnilkan, Asmodeus's mate, sat in her own cave. It was a massive cave, befitting the Queen of Wyrms, and large enough to contain her colossal form easily. In this cave she lay curled around a clutch of eggs. Her chiildren, ASMODEUS'S children. Unborn. She protected them with her very existence, with all the fierce loyalty she showed her master before his disappearance, vowing to continue to serve in his name, whether he was absent or not.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would be a fool to return such power to a cowardly upstart like you. I realize that it is the source of your existance. You, however failed to know that what you wielded was as well the source of all life un the planet. In short, I will retain control of this power until you can demonstrate the wisdom to use it properly. You may attempt to take it by force if you wish but that would only result in an unfortunate event for you."

Garrus

After weeks of flight, Garrus begins to sense an aura quite over the bar for a mortal. He lands on the mountain where he feels it the strongest and looks around, oblivious to the cave entrance hidden in the blinding snow.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-04-08 at 09:57 PM.