New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

Gaaahh! It's Celine Dion! Take her away from me!

*flees*
    Last edited by I'm da Rogue!; 2008-03-27 at 09:56 AM.

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    Mordokai, I hate you.

This sounds stupid now, but yesterday I was scared!

The story I found really scary was the mirror one. Because earlier that day, I had looked at my mirror and saw myself blink. (I was sleepy and forgot about it til I read that story)

I was alone here when I read it, it was 2 am, I had a mirror right next to me and was trying not to look at it.

I tried to sleep, but was thinking all this scary stuff and couldn't relax. I got scared with every little noise. (why are there no noises when I'm up and the lights are on? )

So, I got a stupid dream, a black shadow/fog with claws getting out of the small mirror above my bed, to drag me in. Then I heard someone breathing next to my ear, and woke up. I was so scared!

Then I convinced myself that it was just myself breathing anxiously in my sleep, so I kinda woke myself up. ( I still have the feeling that I actually heard someone else)

It took me like half an hour to relax again, and when that happened, I feel my bed shaking, with a VMMMM noise.
    I'm lucky I didn't get a heart attack.
    I had forgotten to turn my cellphone off, and someone was calling me. My phone first vibrates and then rings.
    I answered; Silence. Someone has too much free time.

I turned it off, and tried to sleep, but just couldn't.

I saw the daylight once again, and then managed to sleep.
    Woke up today, at 3 pm.

I so hate you, Mordokai.

(I like scary stories, but yesterday I was very scared. I feel stupid.)

I must be cruel. Because when I read that I laughed.
    Mordokai: if you read this I want the link to that scary story site.
    I tried out his mirror one. My hair was exactly the same length in all four of the mirrors I tried. No scary demons for me.
    And what's Blink and why's it so scary?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

*Finally bothers to read the previous page*

Gods Mordokai, you never struck me as insane until today! I'm taking those and nicking them for a future World of Darkness campaign.

I've always been freaked out by mirrors at the edge of my vision, this is only going to make things worse. And I had an experience at primary school that makes me shiver when I read the angel statue one...thanks a lot I thought I was over that!

Seriously, my primary svhool backed onto a graveyard, it was enough to give anyone the heebie jeebies. And yes, there was an angel statue in there....

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

4. - Top - End - #154
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Gaaahh! It's Celine Dion! Take her away from me!

*flees*
    I figured someone'd have that reaction, despite her having a great voice, hence why I included the Meatloaf (and original) version.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #155

@Curly:
    I thought "blink" was something like "wink".
    If I'm wrong, don't kill me, please! I'll have my dictionary here with me all the time, I promise!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post

Seriously, my primary svhool backed onto a graveyard, it was enough to give anyone the heebie jeebies. And yes, there was an angel statue in there....
    My uni is like 5 min. on foot from the closest bus station. You have to walk through a path in a small forest, and there is a graveyard there too.
    Some lessons end at night, and the only way out is this path.

Also: I always see weird things at "the edge of my vision"(?) (this is how you call it?)

I see too much stuff that it's just not there.
    It's my imagination. I may see a slight move, and think I saw an old man moving next to me. But nothing's there, so I got used to it and ignore it.
    Last edited by I'm da Rogue!; 2008-03-27 at 10:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

I like the second version a lot better, that song is much better as a duet.

On top of that, it was originally written for him. Not to be confused with being the original version, it was set to the side and Celine Dion found it during that time and put it out before Bat out of Hell III was released.

Probably one of the few songs where an artist ended up covering a song that they were supposed to do originally.
    Last edited by Jack Squat; 2008-03-27 at 10:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

@Curly:
    I thought "blink" was something like "wink".
    If I'm wrong, don't kill me, please! I'll have my dictionary here with me all the time, I promise!
    Now you're just being mean.

@Banjo: I love graveyards. When my best friend came down for a sleepover we spent a good hour in two graveyards and then went looking for an abandoned one behind a pub in a village about three - six miles away. Abandoned since the 1600s because of plague and cholera. And also: the pub used to be the school.
    Couldn't find it though because I got the directions mixed up.

Good story about the place:
    When Mum was about fifteen she and a dozen or so friends and family were in the graveyard looking around and they found graves from the fourteenth century. The air was tense and stickily silent (you know the type) and even though it was a scorching summer the air was chill.
    Stephen (friend, not brother) was looking at a childs' grave from the 1200s when all of the teenagers looked up at the precise same moment; they even looked at the same spot.
    They fled simultaneously and didn't stop until they were by the new school.
    The spot they stared at was about five feet to Stephen's left and at ground level.
    When they'd plucked up enough courage to go back (ten minutes later - what foolhardy people) they found some graves dating right back to the Norman Conquest if not before. They were so weatered all they could make out was An_o D_ _ in_ 10__ on two of them. They were so hidden by grass and weeds they hadn't even noticed them.
    Needless to say when they saw the date they legged it.
    Never went back there. All of them were terrified.

EDIT: @Roguey: It's peripheral vision.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-03-27 at 10:26 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I always get things moving on the edge of my vision, when you move your head they go. I know it's just my eye's playing up....but when it's dark, or you're out alone in the middle of no-where, it's not so easy to convinvce yourself!

Especially when you're 10 years old, standing in the graveyard behind your school on a cold winters night in complete darkness. That is one dare that I seriously regret, though I know it was just imaginations running wild in a setting that was conducive to it. I've never liked them since, though I use them enough in roleplaying to scare the crap out of my players !

Now I game in a hall next to a graveyard. Fine normally, but at 1 in the morning when there are only three of us outside talking and the weird sounds start....it can make me worry. The church there is known to be haunted, and the bells are supposed to chime on there own from time to time. It happened once when we were out there on our own, and like the three cowards we are it was straight into the cars and away!

EDIT; I don't half love scary stories and real life experiences that people talk about, but it scares me all the same! Curly, I know I woul;dn't have gone straight back for all the tea in China! And there is probably a lot of that there...
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-03-27 at 10:27 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Now I game in a hall next to a graveyard. Fine normally, but at 1 in the morning when there are only three of us outside talking and the weird sounds start....it can make me worry. The church there is known to be haunted, and the bells are supposed to chime on there own from time to time. It happened once when we were out there on our own, and like the three cowards we are it was straight into the cars and away!
    When I come to a meetup eventually (before I'm 30 ) I will visit that church.
    I love ghosts and am an amateur ghost hunter.

And sadly, the most likely explanation for the 'haunted bells' is the wind, bats or animals roosting in the tower and setting them ringing accidentally.

ONE MORE EDIT!: They were teenagers. It was summer and I'd do the same. But then again, I am the batty one. Or so the family says.
    And what could be more fun than ghost hunting?
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-03-27 at 10:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    When I come to a meetup eventually (before I'm 30 ) I will visit that church.
    I love ghosts and am an amateur ghost hunter.

And sadly, the most likely explanation for the 'haunted bells' is the wind, bats or animals roosting in the tower and setting them ringing accidentally.
    Well, Stourbridge is quite a haunted place. I've heard all those explanations before, but it's an old church with real original bells in it, and they were going off in a proper rythm rather than randomly...unless the vicar was ringing them with the lights off then I'm at a loss.

That was the second most scary experience I've ever had, so I must have lived quite a sheltered life!

11. - Top - End - #161

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was a group of kids who got into there after dark to ring the bells. Or maybe even an adult, wanting to keep local superstition alive. People do some crazy things

Edit: Also, I'm da rogue, you scare far too easily to be da rogue. I mean, all I'd need to keep my valuables safe is an angel statue with red LED eyes...
    Last edited by Vonriel; 2008-03-27 at 10:55 AM.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

12. - Top - End - #162

Well, Stourbridge is quite a haunted place. I've heard all those explanations before, but it's an old church with real original bells in it, and they were going off in a proper rythm rather than randomly...unless the vicar was ringing them with the lights off then I'm at a loss.

That was the second most scary experience I've ever had, so I must have lived quite a sheltered life!
    Most scary was?

*notes down Stourbrige*
    To the internetz!
    And a carillion is easy enough to set up. Was it a noticeable and easily definable tune? Or was it just a tuneful clangour?
    Have you considered: practical joke; kids doing it for a dare, or simple accident.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #163

You know your job's disorganised when...
    I am currently working on my own. In the sense that I'm in a library, and I'm the only staff member in the building. I of course don't find this out till a while later, as in when I'm at the library on my own without any keys to get in. I've never worked at this library before, and I don't know where anything is.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

We are not alone
    In the universe. We are not
    In this universe

when we are alone.
    Do not lurk in the doorway.
    It's considered. . .rude.

Come in or stay out
    Of this aloneness. Do not
    lurk in the doorway.

15. - Top - End - #165

Curly, is that a cat with an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on its back in your avatar? Because if so, cool!
    -Vonriel

16. - Top - End - #166
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Grandma's house was haunted. Mom and her 16 (or was more, I can't even remember how many uncles and aunts I have) sibblings saw and heard things there. So did I. It was a fun place.

Later she moved to an old big house at the side of the city main cemitery. It was also fun.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Most scary was?

*notes down Stourbrige*
    To the internetz!
    And a carillion is easy enough to set up. Was it a noticeable and easily definable tune? Or was it just a tuneful clangour?
    Have you considered: practical joke; kids doing it for a dare, or simple accident.
    Carillion is right out, the church doesn't have the cash to put proper toilets in the hall so they wouldn't be getting one of those. It was just a tuneful clangour, I've been passed there during the day and it was a very similar kind of doleful tune. Kids however is more likely, though whether they have the opposable thumbs required to grab a pull-rope is another matter!

Most scary was in the graveyard with the angel statue. It was well known at school that everyone was convinced that it moved when people weren't looking, and my own experiences seemed to check out that theory. Myself and two friends went back there on a freezing November night for a dare, and let's just say that we got tremendously worked up and scared out of our wits. We exited the graveyard a few minutes later, screaming and running like we were being chased by the devil himself! I can't explain anything that happened for certain, I can see now 12 years later that it would all have been explainable through tricks of torchlight and just being hyped up with adrenaline, but still.....

That was #1 by a million miles, and I still get goosebumps thinking about it now!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonriel View Post
    Curly, is that a cat with an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on its back in your avatar? Because if so, cool!
    I think it is a Ghostbuster... thingy
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

19. - Top - End - #169

Yes.
    Yes it is. And the Doctor (yes; that's Dr. Bath from now on) is amazing for thinking of it.

Banjo; scary, but it doesn't rival mine. Any of mine.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

And what's Blink and why's it so scary?
    It was an episode of Dr. Who. And (in most people's opinion) the best of the series. All about crazy aliens who turn to stone when you look at them, so they can't die. Then send you back in time so you 'live to death'. Basically, lots of creepy angel statues moving really quickly when you're not looking. So don't blink. Don't look away. Don't. Blink.

I can't say I really know much about ghosts. But I quite like graveyards, they're quiet. And old houses are lovely, I find the creaking soothing.

@^ Don't cross the streams!
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-03-27 at 11:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

As a nice addition to our spooky stories, here are some myths from in and around my hometown! Just for fun, and written with a journalistic slant, so I'd take them with a dose of salt if I were you. The Gibbet Lane one is of some note locally

The Ghost of Gibbet Lane, Stourbridge
    Spoiler
    Show

Gibbet Lane is a short cut between Stourbridge and Kinver and has been used for many centuries. Strange, creepy sounds are said to haunt the underbrush that lies on both sides of the lane. Trees creak and groan in the wind and the scurrying of night creatures also break the stillness. People have reported uneasy feelings. They feel like they are being followed by something sinister and strange that haunts the night.

In times gone by, the bones of cutpurses and murderers hung in chains along the road. Their mortal remains left hanging for months; a fatal warning to others contemplating a criminal career.

The gibbet post was driven into the ground at the exact spot where William Howe was shot and robbed by a wealthy local farmer, Benjamin Robins, on a winter’s night in 1812. It was market day in nearby Stourbridge. Mr Robbins was wearing a well-filled money-belt, having sold some sheep. He had celebrated the sale in the near by Nag’s Head hostelry, before setting off on foot to his farm in Dunsley.

The victim was a tough individual. After being robbed and left for dead, he managed to stagger home leaving a trail of blood in the snow. He lived for ten days before dying on 28th December. On his deathbed he gave a description of his attacker.

His brother was quick to react. He rode to Stourbridge and ordered one hundred “Wanted” posters. The crime caused such a sensation that the famous Bow Street Runners, Harry Adkins and Sam Taunton (ace detectives of their time), were brought in by the local magistrate in a determined effort to bring the robber to justice.

They interviewed many locals which paid the dividends. Thomas Bates reported that he had noticed a suspicious character lurking in bushes. He described a man wearing a tricorn hat, a dark riding coat and carrying a pair of pistols stuck into his belt. Others reported similar sightings.

The investigators followed the trail and discovered their quarry was a servant of the Marchioness of Downshire, by the name of William Howe. He had some instinct that the Bow Street Runners were on his trail as he packed his bags and left without giving notice.

But Mr Howe was finally apprehended at the Castle and Falcon pub in London. He was sent in irons to Stafford Gaol to await trail. When on trial, after a mere seven minutes the verdict of “guilty” was reached and the sentence of hanging by the neck until dead (and then being cut down and dissected and anatomised) was carried out within 48 hours.

However, when the verdict was announced, the attending Stourbridge magistrate immediately applied for the body to be released to them and hung in chains near the sport where the crime took place. Recent murders in Kidderminster, Bridgenorth and on Whittington Common resulted in the request being granted as a warning to others.

Vast crowds gathered to witness the arrival of the body and follow the procession. The body was suspended in chains “for the moral benefit of the local population.”

The corpse swayed in the breeze for many months and was little more than a skeleton when it was stolen at night by a local surgeon, who felt his profession had been cheated from using the body for medical advancement.

The legend of William Howe became widely circulated and sightings of the phantom started to occur regularly during the last century. Howe’s spirit has been reported to appear as a malicious figure which glides rather than walks. One witness, who claimed to have lashed out at the spectre in fright, says he stumbled back after his stick passed straight through the ghostly apparition.

Equally disturbing encounters with the spectral shade of William Howe continued to emerge regularly in the local press. The old tale was enlivened once more in 1908, when a skeleton with a rusty dagger protruding from its rib cage was discovered near the ‘old gibber tree.’ It is now speculated that William Howe is not the only lonely shadow haunting the old lane.

The most recent investigation into the Gibbet Lane phenomena took place in December 1975, when three paranormal researchers hailing from Dudley kept a four-night vigil in the vicinity of William Howe’s haunting. Bill Oddy, Kevin Stokes and Roy Banks took scientific equipment and spent the December nights searching for paranormal activity. In a summary of their findings, they explained how they heard eerie tapping sounds, shared the feeling of being followed or being invited to follow a presence, and witnessed a black, human form crossing the lane.

But the researchers concluded that, due to their lack of convincing evidence, the surrounding countryside around Gibbet Lane is at peace. Perhaps the spirits are finally at rest...

Wombourne’s Phantom Riders
    Spoiler
    Show

In 1960, a human corpse was discovered in the forest that lies about a mile outside of Himley village. The body was unidentified. Local people had spoken for years about strange goings-on in the part of the wood called by youngsters as “The Haunted Swamp.” People had felt an air of mystery and of foreboding in this quagmire that bubbled ominously like the lair of some departed animal.

It was described as a desperate spot for any man to die. Altogether, it was a place of utter desolation.

A few cigarette ends, ashes from a fire and discarded bottle tops surrounded the hollow where the body had been discovered. The tramp’s shelter was located close to the bog and a series of bubbles rose to the surface as if “something” stirred below.

It was not long before locals began to link the tramp’s demise with the local legend of the ‘Phantom Rider.’ The legend refers to the Midland connection with the infamous Gunpowder Plot against King James I in 1605. Although most of us are aware of the plot and its outcome, not so many people outside of the Midlands are aware of the scenes played out at Holbeche House, near Kingswinford.

Stephen Littleton, a relative of the lords of Hagley, had ridden to his house at Holbeche after the plot went horribly wrong and Guy Fawkes had been captured. With him rode Ambrose Rookwood, Robert Catesby, John and Robert Winters. With a retinue of servants and a wagon filled with gunpowder, they had crossed the River Stour, determined to make a last stand at Holbeche. While inside, the plotters built a large fire to dry out the sodden gunpowder. What happened then is easily predicted.

Stephen Lyttleton and Robert Winter managed to escape in the confusion and disappear into nearby Pensnett Chase. A young groom of Lyttleton’s, Gideon Grove, was severely wounded after fighting alongside his master. Although his clothes were alight and he was wounded in the throat, he managed to climb on to a terror-stricken horse, dash through the fire, smoke and the cordon of men-at-arms, and fled into Himley Wood.

But the fugitive was caught and killed by the pursuers, his body sinking into the dank and miry bog. Quickly, a legend was created that. On the anniversary of that eventful night, awakened from his murky grave by the pyrotechnics of November 5th, Gideon Grove rises up to re-enact his ghastly ride. Hoof-beats in the night, broken fences and trampled wheat, have long been accepted as evidence of the legend by a dwindling farming community.

Sightings of the Phantom Rider include an eyewitness who spoke of a glow in the sky in the direction of Holbeche House. They saw a rider dressed in black thigh-length riding boots, a dark velvet coat and a cocked hat mounted on a dappled grey horse, apparently travelling some three feet above the surface of the road as he passed the witness on his bike ride home.

Another eyewitness reported feeling scared to death when she was riding her motorcycle late at night. She told the local newspaper that it felt as if she were caught in the middle of a great stampede, as the noise of thundering hooves was all around her. Nothing, however, has ever been seen.

Could the tramp have been a witness? Was he unable to recount his terrible vision as he was physically frightened to death by what he saw?

The White Hart Inn, Walsall
    Spoiler
    Show

The White Hart Inn at Caldmore Green, Walsall, has long been infamous for its hauntings. In the year of 1870, a gentleman cleaning the property came across a mummified child’s arm and a Cromwellian sword in the attic. These macabre discoveries are reported to have been relics of an old black magic ritual, and it is said that those bold enough to spend a night in the Inn’s attic have to endure sleepless nights. Footsteps and shrill pitched cries have been heard and a recent landlord, deciding to investigate the disturbance, found a small handprint on a dust-covered tabletop. The attic had been empty and locked for many evenings.

Even more recently, a licensee’s wife awoke during her stay in the attic bedroom to see a white apparition bend over her bedside. Mediums have identified the phantom as the spirit of an 18th century girl who committed suicide in the Inn. It is still unsure if her death was connected with the discovery of the infant remains in 1870.

Interesting, but nothing too strange, I guess everywhere has similar stories floating around.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-03-27 at 11:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Not bad.
    But you foget where I'm from.

Jamaica Inn and all of Bodmin Moor: haunted.

Dolphin Inn
    Spoiler
    Show

The Dolphin Inn in Penzance has a long and interesting history, reputedly including amongst its visitors Sir Walter Raleigh and Judge Jeffries .

Judge Jeffries the notorious "Hanging Judge" is said to have held court in the dinning room, after the Duke of Monmouth's rebellion.

On a more mysterious note anomalous footsteps, sounding on floorboards have been heard walking along a carpeted upstairs corridor and descending stairs. An apparition of a young man has also been seen who melted away.

One of the rooms in particular is said to be haunted, in the past the bed has been found to have been slept in although the room was empty.

Truro Haunted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a field on the outskirts of the town chain rattling spectres have been heard, on the site of the towns gibbet.

Gibbets were often places associated with hauntings in the past, especially black dogs, which were seen as the spirits of the hanged. A great deal of folklore built up about them over the years, which we will be examining in the future.

And this little map shows just how haunted the place is. And note that Cornwall gets its own page.

I used to live about two minutes away from the Merry Maidens by the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

A local legend says that although there are nineteen of them you will never count eighteen.
    I tried this only last summer whe I went back there with y aunt. She stood as a marker by one of the stones so I wouldn't count the same one twice.
    I went around eight times. I got: 20; 18; 18; 18; 14 (); 16; 21 () and 17.
    Witnessed by themarker who was certain I never counted the same one or missed out a stone.
    We also heard pipe music coming from the directio of the Pipers. No music was being played. No houses nearby and no festival at the time either.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Do I dear post another scary story? Lets see. On one side, Rogue will probably kill me in most painful way imaginable. On the other, she will probably be to scared to come out to get me. So sure, I dare!

A young coed was returning from a night out with her friends and she didn't want to disturb her sleeping roomate, so she crept into the room and found her way in the darkness, undressed and slid into bed. The next morning as she awoke and turned to say something to her friend, she saw her mangled body on the blood-soaked bed, and written in her roomate's blood on the wall were the words: "AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU DIDN'T TURN ON THE LIGHT?"

This next one will probably really gie you the creeps. As I'm nice guy, I'll give you fair warning. DON'T read it if you have faint heart. It's similar to the one above, but for some reason I find it more disturbing.

A young girl is left home alone with only her dog to protect her. When night approaches, she locks all the doors and tries to lock all the windows but one won't close.

She decides to leave it unlocked and goes to bed. Her dog takes its customary place under her bed.

In the deep of night she awakens to a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. The girl is too scared to go check so she reaches her hand under the bed. She feels a reassuring lick from her dog and falls back to sleep. She reawakens to the dripping sound, reaches her hand down to the dog where she feels the reassuring lick and falls back to sleep. Once more she awakens to the dripping sound. She reaches her hand down and feels the lick of her dog.

Now curious about the dripping sound, she gets up and slowly walks towards the bathroom, the dripping sound getting louder as she approaches. She reaches the bathroom and turns on the light. She is greeted by a horrific sight; hanging from the shower nozzle is her dog with its throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.

Something on the bathroom mirror catches her eye she turns around. Written on the bathroom mirror in her dog's blood are the words "HUMANS CAN LICK TOO".
    @Curly: actually, a few of guys I knew paste those stories on another forum. I don't know where they got them, but I can ask, if you're interested.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

24. - Top - End - #174

Hmm, maybe I should try and get Dr. Bath to clothe my nakedness? Because it is a most impressive avatar.

Radikalskippy, at one point in the Ghostbuster movie, one of the 'busters comments that they basically have unlicensed nuclear accelerators on their backs.
    -Vonriel

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    @Curly: actually, a few of guys I knew paste those stories on another forum. I don't know where they got them, but I can ask, if you're interested.
    Beh.
    Urban legends. They're both on the website I linked to yesterday. And scarier ones.

And linky me to the forum. Please?
    *puppy dog eyes*
    Although, I may never come back from here if that happens.
    Linky anyway.

Urban legend no. 1 from cos:
    The Little One on the Road.
    Spoiler
    Show

A guy I worked with told me this story, he swore it was true...

I was driving up towards Prescott, Arizona, my girlfriend, Becky, dozing off in the seat next to me. Rolling the window partially down, in the hope that the cool air would keep me alert, I wearily kept driving my Chevy down this narrow highway road, with nothing but a thick forested area on the passenger side of me, and mostly open meadowland, with a few clumps of trees here and there, along the driver's side of the road. I had wanted to leave first thing in the morning on Friday, but Becky was called into work at the last minute, so we ended up leaving at close to eight o'clock that night. Knowing we had to head back before early Monday, I didn't want to wait until the next day to go and end up losing a good chunk of a Saturday to boot.

So here I was, it had to be close to at least ten pm by then. Driving by the light of my dim headlights, with a close to full moon overhead (full enough to see the open expanses of the passing meadow areas, anyway) I noticed some smoke or steam coming up from the sides of my car hood. This, in and of itself, was not unusual as the car was close to fifteen years old, dented up a bit, with dimmer than usual lights and hoses that seemed to know the most inopportune time to break. Add to that, a radiator that overheated during the summer months or when in use for long periods of time. This being early October, I hadn't given the radiator much thought - it hadn't bothered to act up since August, and as the saying goes 'out of sight, out of mind'. But something sure was putting off plumes under the hood, so I nudged Becky and explained in short that I had to pull over.

As I slowed down a bit, Becky rolled down her window and peered out along the edges of the dark wall of pine trees. "Up there," she exclaimed, pointing forward, "about twenty feet or so there's a dirt shoulder of some kind." Slowing to a crawl, feeling safe at the moment as another car hadn't passed us for a number of miles now, I quickly saw the flat, dirt indent, about the length and width of two cars, just to the right of the road. The dirt area, much like that whole side of the road, was lined by a knotted mass of trees, giving it the look of a half circle cut down the middle by the road. I pulled over, and turned the car off - leaving the keys hanging from the ignition. With the headlights on, I got out of the car and walked to the front of it, popping the hood. I had grabbed a flashlight out of the glove box, and so proceeded to inspect the damage.

Sure enough, the radiator had overheated. I bent down a little, to peek between the crack of the hood's bottom edge and the top of the car front, to look at Becky through the front windshield. I was going to call out, to ask her to grab the gallon bottle of water I kept behind the front seat (there since August, at least) so, once it cooled a bit, I could add water to the radiator.

Expecting to see her dozing off, or looking toward me, I was surprised to see her staring wide-eyed, mouth agape, out at the direction of the driver's side window. She was as white as a ghost. "What are you doing?" I demanded to know. She kept staring out at the meadow fields, only raising her arm slightly to point in the direction she was looking. "What?" I said, walking back towards the driver's door. As I did, I looked out into the moonlit meadow. I saw a short line of trees in the distant background, a small pine about 20-25 ft out, directly in line with the back end of the car, and, running about ten feet from that point forward, in a line almost parallel with the road, was a short brick wall, about three feet or so high. A sparse forested area began, about forty feet or so from the wall's edges, in either direction of the small meadow. "So?" I said, "Probably part of an old house, or a fence. What's the big deal about the wall?" As I got into the car, and shut the door to wait for the innards to cool, she replied - slowly, quietly - "It isn't the brick wall. It's what I saw looking at us OVER the top of the wall." I turned to her, "What? Quit screwing around." "Stuff you!" she said, "If I..." Then she stopped talking, and her gaze drifted past me, to the wall.

I turned to look. I saw a small translucent-white stocky humanoid form, just shy of three feet tall, its tiny round eyes from this distance appearing as black as night, standing in front of the wall. It slowly took a step or two towards us, its short chubby arms at its side. I screamed, and tried to turn on the flashlight. I knew the batteries were low, and sometimes had to jiggle it and turn the cap slightly to get it to work, so in my excitement I twisted the cap, the batteries flew out and I just about dirtied by pants. As the batteries were now rolling under the seat and across the floor of the car, I decided to forget that. I looked up, saw the hood was still up, and froze.

"He's going back," Becky then said. I looked out over the moonlit field again, just in time to see this....thing... scamper around the side of the wall, out of view. As Becky quickly rolled up her car window, I said I was going to shut the hood - to hell with the water, if the radiator didn't burn out we'd stop down the road and add water. "Give me the bottle. I'll dump some in the reservoir and shut the hood, you just start the car." Becky replied. As she got out and went to the front, I turned the key. The engine groaned, trying to turn over. I looked from the steering wheel, to Becky pouring some water into the reservoir, to the wall, and back again. As Becky slammed the hood shut, I looked towards the wall - to see the small, white head of the ghostly entity peering over the top of it.

"Get in the car!" I yelled, as the entity's tiny hands gripped the top of the wall, and it hoisted itself clean over - landing on its feet, running. Running towards us. Becky jumped in the passenger side, locking her door. She no longer had the bottle, which couldn't have been more than half empty now, but, under the circumstances, I didn't ask and I didn't care. I turned the key, still it wouldn't catch. "Oh, god!" Becky murmured. I didn't want to look. I turned the key again, still just that tired groan. Becky leaned over, reaching past me, hitting my door lock with one hand while rolling the window up with the other (it was one of those older, manual window knob rollup jobs). "Hurry!" she said, frightened, as she sat back up. With one more turn of the key, the car finally started, and as I punched the accelerator, I looked toward the field. That little thing was only a few feet from the edge of the road - the edge on the OTHER side of the road, thankfully, but close enough that I could see its eyes were, indeed, dark, empty holes, its mouth was open now, in a wide leering grin, and I could have sworn it had small pointed teeth but it all happened so fast. Its skin, or surface, seemed to be rolling, as the entire entity ran at my car.

As we headed down the road, I turned my rear view mirror in such a way I could see "it" - quite a bit back now, turning away from us, walking alongside the road in the opposite direction. I watched the road ahead. Then, Becky screamed. She had been half turned, looking back at the entity too. Now, she was bent straight over, her head buried in her hands. I turned my rear view mirror to and fro, but only saw the road - "it" was gone.

We drove another twenty minutes or so with the car smoking a small portion of the way. The car overheated again as we entered the outskirts of town, only then would Becky let me stop. As we parked and waited at the first gas station we hit, I asked what had happened. "I was watching it, it stopped at the edge of the road." she answered. "I know," I said, "I saw it walking away." "Yeah," she answered "it was walking away. But as it walked away, its head turned all the way around, still grinning, and it watched us drive away." Needless to say, when we headed back we left at 10.00 am, to be sure we'd get back LONG before nightfall.

And the two you mentioned are there as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, maybe I should try and get Dr. Bath to clothe my nakedness? Because it is a most impressive avatar.

Radikalskippy, at one point in the Ghostbuster movie, one of the 'busters comments that they basically have unlicensed nuclear accelerators on their backs.
    It's been years since I last saw the Ghostbuster movies, so I don't remember that. Well, now I know those thingies in their backs are unlicensed nuclear accelerators.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

27. - Top - End - #177

Do I dear post another scary story? Lets see. On one side, Rogue will probably kill me in most painful way imaginable. On the other, she will probably be to scared to come out to get me. So sure, I dare!
    Me? Too scared to come out and get you?

Weren't you begging me for mercy some weeks ago?
    Let's repeat that, shall we?

But this time, I suffer from eclectic amnesia. Can't really recall what this mercy thing is.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

slightly less scary stuff than last time.
    You're losing your touch sir, that one barely caused a shiver.

V I read the first lot in the daytime too!
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-03-27 at 01:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

It's day most places now, which makes a difference.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

You're losing your touch sir, that one barely caused a shiver.
    Hey, lay off, will ya! I got only so much to work with

Curly, I won't be giving you link to the forum for simple reason that it's local forum. I very much doubt that you understand Slovenian language. But I did ask the guys that posted those stories for their sources and as soon as I get any response from them you'll know what I got.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.