New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Mythology

Josiah

Josiah stands there looking at the ruined dock.

Oh how I do hate menial labor.

Josiah glaces around at the ground.

Oh this should do just nicely. Servants of the Underworld! Please come aid these men! I grant you life once more!

Spoiler
    Show
    Summon Undead III 3 times to summon 12 Human Skelatons. It ends in 20 rounds, so theyre going to help for that long...

Listen (1d20+41)[59]
    Intelligence (1d20+9)[16]
    Wisdom (1d20+10)[18]
    Last edited by Dustfinger; 2008-04-09 at 08:51 PM.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

(OOC: Wow, holy mass ninjaposting Batman - I didnt even notice the above...)
    Listen;Int Check (1d20+1=4, 1d20+2=13)

Horskarn's attention is completely absorbed in probing the bottom of the shallow water...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Rondres looks up from his work, when he hears Josiah calling the dead. His eyea movs towarsd the direction the necromancer is looking, then he drops the wood in his hands.

Well then.Thats why Athenesend me here. My friend, I need you.

Spoiler
    Show

call Paladin Mount.

Can I use a weapon two handed while riding my mount? I've got an e,patic link after all...
    Last edited by Cray; 2008-04-10 at 07:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Read spoiler first.
    Those of you with exceptional hearing can now hear the rapidly increasing sounds of men snoring as well as the shuffling of feet over bare rock. Many men-not just the one warrior that came along with the fleet.
    That is quite strange though-but then it occurs to you that from this distance snoring and shuffling of feet should not be audible even for someone with extremely acute hearing, if they came from a human that is. Whatever things are making that sound must be considerably larger and bulkier than humans. Adding to that the fact that the port seems to have been thrashed by something that leaves large holes behind like a catapult and the fact that you're quite close to Midgard and this leads to only one conclusion: Giants...
    Spoiler
    Show

If Listen check >30 then you clearly hear the "snoring" from many men. (that is actually giants breathing heavily)
    If Intelligence/wisdom check >10 then you realise the "snoring" does not come from humans but something larger.
    If Intelligence/wisdom check >15 then you realise that there are giants coming. Many giants...

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Melioli

Why am I not surprised?
    She finishes hauling her current load to the docks (if she's currently loaded up) and resumes her normal form, casting a series of personal magics on herself to prepare for trouble.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting the following, in order, as long as time allows:
    • Owl's Insight (+12 WIS)
    • Tortoise Shell (+10 enhancement to Natural Armor, speed reduced to 20')
    • Stoneskin (DR 10/adamantine)
    • Death Ward
    • Eagle's Splendor (+4 CHA)
    • Bear's Endurance (+4 CON)
    • Cat's Grace (+4 DEX)

Once she finishes, she calls out to the others to come near her if they want any enhancements placed upon them.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Josiah

Giants... I'm not going to fight you Rondres, well not quite yet. There are giants around and we should take them down before fighting people in our own group. The safety of these sailors is far more important than fighting each other. Men, prepare yourselves for the worst.

Josiah turns towards where the giants are most likely going to come from and prepares a spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay well Josiah is preparing a spell i'm just not sure which one. I dont have my books on my so i don't really know what spells i can cast. I will edit this as soon as I have my books, which will probly be 6 EST
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karsh

Karsh stops mid-stroke in creating another plank as his ears perk and every muscle in his body tenses. Dropping the log, his second dagger is in his hand in a flash, and he stands, drawing about himself a cloak of shadow. Spinning the daggers expertly in his hands, he moves next to Melioli, speaking a command word which coats Enki in a thin layer of highly corrosive acid as he does.

"My dagger is capable of storing a spell within it. You, sailors, return to your ships, immediately."

Spoiler
    Show
    Entering Child of Shadow stance, activating Energy Aura to Acid.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Hu?

Rondres mounts the warhorse that appeared beside him.

I wasnt going to fight you. Athene has granted me powers far beyond human possibilities, but my senses are still those of a human. So,if someone in my presens prepears for battel, I will too.

Then he rides toward Melioli.
    What enhancements can you offer, oh beautiful one?

9. - Top - End - #69

Melioli

"I can offer all of you strength, speed, and protection from elemental energies. I have a more limited ability to provide those of you who have the best use for it the ability to enlarge your form, additional endurance or grace, protection from the effects of death magics, even the ability to walk on the air as I am."

Spoiler
    Show

Refer to Melioli's character sheet (notes section) for full list of available spells.

To Karsh, she says, "how powerful a spell can your weapon handle, and what would you like it to do?"

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Heidal

Scowling at the sound, Heidal looks to the sky. "Must we have this many issues?"

Waving his hand slightly, energies bound out from Heidal, surrounding him and touching the closest others around him. "Know the beginnings of health." Heidal whispers, before looking up path through the cliffs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mass Lesser Vigor, which gives fast healing 1 to the 9 closest people to Heidal.

Then he holds a action to cast Earthquake.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

stuff for earlier:

Spoiler
    Show
    listen (1d20+14)[27]
    Wisdom (1d20+14)[15]

Ponidus sees the others preparing for battle, but doesn't know why.

He turns to the first person to have started preparing for the battle.

Why do you make for war? I do not see or hear a thing. What is it? And should it make me sweat?
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-04-10 at 09:22 AM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

12. - Top - End - #72

Karsh

"I do not pretend to be well versed in magics, Enki is a Spell-Storing weapon; what that means to you will define how powerful of a spell can be placed within it. As for what kind, something which will cause our enemies pain, but which requires contact."

And to Ponidus:

"Giants approach. Make ready for battle."

13. - Top - End - #73

Melioli

The nymph considers for a moment. Better to blind them, or to attack their health? She eventually decides upon the latter.

When all who are going to get close enough, she starts casting magics on the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts infestation of maggots (CL 25, DC 28) into Karsh's dagger
    Casts bull's strength, mass (+4 STR, up to 18 targets)
    Casts haste, extended (36 rounds, up to 18 targets) once battle is imminent
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-10 at 10:45 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, then. I would prefer some strenght.

Then he focusses his thoughts...

Spoiler
    Show

Casts Death ward on himself
    Last edited by Cray; 2008-04-10 at 10:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Seeing the gathering of forces and spellcasting, along with hearing the giants, Tyndur expends a charge on his staff to dimension door over to the group.

UMD - (1d20+35)[51]
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Lamashtu

The patch of midnight moves unnaturally quickly-and unnaturally silently-to where the group gathers. As it moves, a wave of demonic power follows and infuses all around it. A female voice somewhat deeper than the nymph's but just as musical comes out of the darkness.
    Save your tricks for guarding forests and tending to crops, Life-kisser. The powers of the Netherworld are more suited to dealing death-or protecting from it.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone in the group gets +4 resistance bonus to saves, +4 deflection bonus to AC, protection from good, SR 25 against good creatures and good creatures take 1d6 STR damage every time they attack them.
    Last edited by Ramos; 2008-04-10 at 03:57 PM.
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Fotios

"Giants? How many, and how far?"

Fotios readies his weapon and shield, taking a few practice swings to prepare himself for battle. His armor could almost be described as radiant with the amount of light it was managing to reflect, which was making it somewhat hard to pin down exactly where he was standing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Adaptive Style to switch my readied maneuvers around, and entering Pearl of Black Doubt and Supreme Blade Parry stances.

Readied maneovers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avalanche of Blades
    Diamond Nightmare Blade
    Time Stands Still

Strike of Perfect Clarity
    Wall of Blades

Rabid Bear Strike
    Sudden Leap

Technically his armor has been this shiny (20% miss chance from concealment) from the beginning, but unless Belial objects, I'm going to pretend the Gleaming enhancement can be turned on/off with a command thought.

18. - Top - End - #78

Melioli

The nymph says nothing but glares at the demonic darkness, while allowing it to use its cruder spell in place of her own. She then turns her attention to looking for the return of her familiar companion, to get the scouting information. "Aneis, what have you found?"

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

19. - Top - End - #79

Karsh

"Many. And near."

Spoiler
    Show
    Are these sounds coming from the cliffs, or from some other direction?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Standing at the edge of the cliff, Ishaq Mdjai has a dilemma. He could shout to those gathered amongst the docks, which could bring aid, but the assistance could be slow in coming, and his shout would alert the giants to his presence and his awareness of theirs.

..No. He would prepare a more ...subtle treatment, and hope the sounds of battle alerted the others to his plight.

His form grows suddenly blurred for a moment before he fades completely from view.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Blurring armor and using Invisibility (Sp) before heading cautiously towards the giants.
    MS (full speed) - (1d20+16)[36]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tathron
    "Well I don't hear anything, but if you guys think we have enemies approaching then I will ready myself," says Tathron in is deep tone. He draws his sword, "if it is a fight they want, then a fight they will get."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Do you hear that, Captain?" Agis asks the captain of the ship he travelled on.

"From over there." the muscular Greek man says, pointing off into the horizon.

The captain tilts his head in the direction, then shakes his head "I don't hear anything, lad." he shrugs.

When some of the others gathered in the area speak of giants, Agis' suspicions are confirmed.

"You and your men get back in the longboat, head to the ship. Make ready to sail far enough out to sea that the giants cannot sink your ship. The supplies are vital to the survival of New Atlantis." he claps the captain on his shoulder. "The Aegis of Zeus protect you."

Removing his shield from his back, the tall aegis magically begins floating in the air next to him. Striding over to the others assembled, he hefts his mighty club, nearly as tall as he is, onto his shoulder.

"I am Locrian Agis, hero of Greece and descendent of Zeus through my ancestor Hercules. Zeus has blessed me with a measure of my ancestor's great strength, and favored me with his mighty club."

He hears of the powerful magics some of the assembled desire to cast.

"Your powers are mighty, and combined with my great strength, we shall defeat these giants and bring safety to New Atlantis and glory to our names. Whatever aid you can provide, I will accept."

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=47527

Question #1: Does anyone have Barkskin or Spiderskin prepared? If so, I'd like one please.

I will accept/request from Melioli:
    Bull's Strength (Mass)
    Bear's Endurance (Mass)
    Cat's Grace
    Stoneskin
    Haste
    Enlarge Person

I will accept/request from Heidal:
    Lesser Vigor (fast healing 1)

What spell did Elspeth cast, btw? I'll accept it either way, just wanting to know.

The above buffs give Agis:
    Spoiler
    Show

AC: 40 (or 45 with Barkskin/Spideskin, hopefully!)
    Touch: 17
    Flat-footed: 36 (or 41)
    HP: 448
    DR: 10/adamantine (absorbing first 150 damage)
    Resistance 10: Fire, Electricity, Cold, Acid

Atk: +46/+41/+36/+31/+46 (first round)
    Atk: +48/+43/+38/+33/+48 (second round)
    Dmg: 3d8+36 (first round)
    Dmg: 3d8+36+2d6 (second & subsequent rounds)

Speed: 50'
    Reach: 10'
    Size: Large (13'6" tall, 2,120 pounds)

Saves:
    Fort: +42
    Reflex: +31
    Will: +22

Using adaptive style, as noted in the OOC thread.
    Also using Swift action to change stance to Giants Stance, making him strike as a Huge creature.

Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-04-10 at 04:10 PM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

23. - Top - End - #83

Tyndur

Tyndur keeps his expression guarded but casts three spells in succession: one on himself and two spells on the gathered heroes.

Spoiler
    Show
    He casts Foresight on himself, Haste on everyone and Telepahtic Bond on himself and 8 others (should there be more than 8 heroes close by, he'll discretely select the more obviously good ones (such as the "life-kisser" Melioli and Rondres) over the more obviously evilish ones (such as Elspeth Lamashtu and Josiah). Tyndur has a roughly +40 bluff mod but I wouldn't be surprised if someone here could spot the alignment prejudice. :P
    Last edited by Kyace; 2008-04-10 at 04:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Lamashtu

The patch of midnight darkness takes a look at the assembled champions then seems to nod at Agis.
    You may call me Lamashtu. I'm a spirit from a land far to the East where the twin great rivers flow. I'm a servant to the goddess Ereshkigala, the great lady beneath the earth, guardian of the Seven Gates. I have some power over the forces of Death and Destruction.
    Looking at the fighters in the group and hearing Agis' suggestion she nods.
    I can call forth the Fires of the Netherworld to employ against my enemies. If bestowed upon a weapon, each blow will echo with the screams of lost souls and a portion of your enemy's life will be cast to the void. I can bestow such power several times but I prefer not to expend too much power that will be needed later-I will enchant four weapons of your choice, preferably those belonging to the best meele fighters here.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, my mistake-the name is Lamashtu. (got confused with another character)
    Lamastu employed her Unholy Aura to grant those benefits to the group.
    She can now cast Weapon of Energy (twin, felldrain) on four weapons. This will make them do an extra 2d6 sonic damage and 2 negative levels per hit.
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well if these kin of mine wish to face me they will find that I am a tough one to kill. Ponidus concentrates and suddenly an unplaceable but familiar smell arises in everyone's main olfactory organ. Also a shimmering material coats the area directly around the Half-Giant. He suddenly seems to be in an even healthier condition than he may have appeared earlier. He then again concentrates, and a shimmering field of energy surrounds him, then fades away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast An overchannelled Vigor, ML 26 at 25 PP for 120 Temporary HP for 26 minutes, and an overchannelled Inertial Armor at ML 26 for 25 PP for +16 Armor to AC that lasts for 26 hours.

Which makes my current stats:
    HP: 276+120 Temp
    AC: 55
    Attack routine: +27/+27/+27/+27/+27/+22/+17 @ 4d8+23 damage each (will become 8d8+27 once I expand.)
    Fort: +26
    Ref: +21
    Will: +28
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-04-10 at 05:21 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Fotios

"While I will not claim to know the capabilities of everyone present, I would offer my sword to be enchanted. I am Fotios, hero of Greece, and while I lack the divine ancestry that some of us possess, Ares has seen fit to grant me a portion of his mighty strength."

27. - Top - End - #87

Karsh

"Perhaps I do not strike as truly as those who focus only on perfecting the single strike, but I can unleash a flurry of steel the likes of which these giants may have never seen before."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponidus turns to Karsh. Truly, I also may not strike as true as others, but I prefer both precision and an overwhelming pile of blows myself. He pauses.
    Seeing as everyone else has taken to introducing themselves, I am Ponidus, son of the fool Polyphemus, son of Poseidon.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

29. - Top - End - #89

"Greetings. I am Tyndur, champion for good and resister of prophecy."

30. - Top - End - #90

Melioli

The nymph tries as best she can to meet all spell requests. "I am Melioli, daughter and defender of the woods. I have come to fight against the unnatural incursions into this world."

Spoiler
    Show

Let me know how many spells I actually get off before the approaching army arrives. Also... any word on where my eagle Aneis is? I'd like to channel a whirlwind through her to soften up the approaching giants.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota