New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Eberron With Giant Robots 00

Dencamp stands his ground and tears into the offending wolf twice, leaving it with a matched set of flesh wounds.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Shiali draws her shield, holding it in front of her defensively, and lashes out at the horse-sized wolf in front of her with her other arm.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21], damage (3d6+7)[20].

AC is 23.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Volker runs to the wolf by Shiali and jumps smash it with his foot, sparks trailing of the suit.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[24]
    (3d6+5)[17]
    AC 19

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Nozomi d'Cannith
    HP 22/22 suit 40/40
    AC 22(10+1 DEX+10 armor+3 shield-2 size)
    7 action points

Nozomi, unaware of Dencap's flanking ability, moves to flank with him in a more traditional manner. She will try to avoid leaving an opening if she can, but will not let an inability to do so stop her from moving into position. Once she's in position, she attempts to show an Invader what Cannith merchandise can do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moveing as described above, then attacking.
    To hit - (1d20+11)[17](+3 BAB+5 STR+2 flank+1 enhancement)
    Longsword damage - (2d6+6)[9](huge longsword+5 STR+1 enhancement)
    Elec damage - (1d6)[6]
    Sneak Attack - (2d6)[8]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(The longswords are Keen, not Shocking, but then again they do 3d6 damage so it evens out, and you killed it anyway.)

Nozomi and Volker move quickly to their targets; Nozomi's sword cuts down the wolf in front of Dencamp while Volker's kick bruises and burns the animal, leaving it much the worse for wear but still standing.

Meanwhile, the two armored...things in the background fix their apparent gazes on Crowbar. As one, they flick their tails forward in a manner reminiscent of a scorpion...or perhaps more accurately, a manticore, as each one flings a bolt-like projectile at the warforged's machine. One misses entirely, and the other clangs off his armor with an amazingly poor damage roll. The enemy constructs proceed to make a sort of chittering sound as they move thirty feet forward, putting them within striking distance of the somewhat surrounded Crowbar.

(Enemy status recap:
    1 dead spider
    1 dead wolf
    1 injured and 1 very injured wolf in melee with the main group
    3 wolves circling the main group
    3 spiders surrounding Crowbar
    2 spiders between Crowbar and the main group
    2 construct thingies)

Over the intercom, you hear the following in a brusque northern-Khorvaire accent: "Lieutenant! Why are there enemies stomping all over our picnic area? And where in Syberis's name is my Mobile Suit?"
    "Well, you see Commander, Master ir--"
    "Oh, never mind, I see one of the recruits has sortied in it. Excellent initiative! Hang on, I'll be there in a dozen seconds, tops. Let's go!" There's a clicking sound, and then another clicking sound, and the voice is gone.

(Crowbar and Zephyr)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-04-14 at 11:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Banned

Zephyr growls and moves forward, aiming a blast of electricity at one of the constructs.

Spoiler
    Show
    4-pp Augmented Energy Ray (electricity)
    Ranged Touch (1d20 4=17), Electricity Damage (4d6=11)
    4 pp left

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2008-04-14 at 11:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

"Khyber," Crowbar says simply as he ducks one tail shot and gets his shield nearly cracked in two from the other. "Well, I got their attention." The spike embedded in his shield, Crowbar lets it fall as he staggers back a bit and swings away with both hands on the hilt. Hearing the comm crystal bark to life gives him a start and messes with his aim...

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: 1d20 + 11 = 13
    Damage: 3d6+13 = 25
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2008-04-14 at 11:48 PM.
    My 3D art page: Contact Lost

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Both the electrical bolt and the sword swing go wide.

Even flanking Crowbar, the spider's don't manage to inflict any meaningful damage on his suit.

Counter to the behavior of most normal living creatures, the injured wolves facing the main group soundlessly continue to attack, rather than retreating. They're now joined by their brethren, with the other dire wolves moving around from behind to flank the suits.

Shiali and Volker get tag-teamed by wolves, Nozomi by a wolf and a spider, and Dencamp faces a lone spider. When all's said and done, Volker and Nozomi's suits have taken 11 and 12 damage (after DR), respectively. They do get to experience the new joy of being larger than a dire wolf, and therefore not getting pulled to the ground.

(Pretty much the whole group is in melee right now. I've rather lost track of everyone's exact position, so I'm saying that at least the rogues can establish flanking on whatever they want with a five-foot-step apiece. Go nuts.)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dencamp slips past his opponent's guard and thrusts at the monstrous spider.

"Stay together! I'll move to help when I can!"
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-04-15 at 10:20 AM.
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Crowbar's Mobile Suit regains its footing. He acts a bit sluggishly, and the spider in front of him instinctively lunges. At the last moment, the warforged dodges a potentially nasty bite from the spider and receives a new scrape in the suit's armor, but it gives him an opening. Crowbar viciously chops downward...

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: 1d20 + 11 = 21
    Damage: 3d6 + 13 = 25

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

In a fit of utter disdain, Volker flings out the arm of his suit, in quite possibly the world's first attempt to backhand a wolf with a mobile suit.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Banned

Zephyr takes a deep breath and tries to regain his focus, retreating a step as he does.

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step away from nearest enemy (designate for Dodge: AC 22) Concentration check (1d20 7=24); Zephyr successfully regains his psionic focus as a full-round action.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Holding her shield in front of her defensively, Shiali steps about, trying to put one of the wolves between her and Volker, and reaches oout with the suit's free arm to thump the wolf heavily on the nose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, since Volker attacked the one that was attacking him, I'll assume the one she hit last round is still alive. She's hitting that one. Attack 21, damage 19. Add 2 to the attack if they were flanking, not that it matters.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Nozomi steps into a flank against the dire wolf-shaped Invader that's flanking her with a spider-shaped Invader and takes a slash at it. "Much appreciated, sir." Crowbar seems to be doing pretty well considering that he's completely surrounded by Invaders. They might actually damage him through the suit if this keeps up. That'll give me a good chance to evaluate his structural integrity.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Dencamp slips his sword through the monstrous spider's guard, dropping it to the ground. Shiali and Volker proceed to curbstomp two damaged wolves, putting them down for the count, while Nozomi's sword takes out a wolf's eye, causing serious damage and finally eliciting a small yelp of either pain or surprise.

The two constructs move up to either side of Crowbar, and proceed to try to help the spiders take him apart with huge, crablike claws. On of them briefly crushes an arm, dealing 4 damage through the armor plates, but it can't get enough of a grip to do anything significant.

Crowbar's sword proceeds to rend another spider in twain (well, not really since it's only at negative HPs, but that sounds cooler,) and Zephyr gets his groove back.

The two spiders attacking Crowbar continue to fail to do anything meaningful besides provide flanking. The four remaining wolves (1 badly injured, 3 uninjured) and 1 spider (uninjured) left in melee with the main group roll an amazing number of ones, attacking in somewhat of a disarray, although one manages to land a hit on Volker, to the tune of 11 damage after DR.

(Volker and co's initiatives once more).
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Dencamp, true to his word, quickly moves to engage whatever target he can.
    "Hold on over there, Crowbar, help's on the way."
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, plan one: If he can, 5' move in and flank-full-attack one of the uninjured ones.
    Plan two: Move and smush the badly injured wolf if he can't lay down an appreciable hurt on an uninjured enemy.
    Plan three: If he can't really do anything meaningful, he'll charge one of the spiders attacking Crowbar.

However it goes, I'll roll two attacks and give the modifiers separate. ...Sorry, I know this is a lot of work. :P
    Attack rolls (1d20 8=28, 1d20 8=26)
    Ooh, daddy like.
    Critical confirmations (1d20 8=26, 1d20 8=18)
    Ignore the second roll for confirmation.
    That's factoring in a full attack, flanking.

MODIFIERS
    If not flanking, -2.
    If he moved more than five feet, nix the second attack. If he's still flanking something, which he should be, another +2 to the first attack's TH. If he isn't flanking, it comes out the same.

And of course, on damage, ditch the sneak if necessary.
    Attack one, base damage (3d6 7=18)
    Attack one, critical damage (3d6 7=15)
    Attack one, sneak attack damage (2d6=9)

Attack two, base damage (1d8 10=15)
    Attack two, sneak attack damage (2d6=4)
    Damage: 42+19 = 61 TOTAL over one crit and two sneak-attacks.
    Also, let me know if I'm overthinking this as much as I think I am. I'm starting to scare myself. :P

EDIT: Agh, I totally spaced. I didn't crit-threat at all on the dagger, my bad.
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-04-16 at 09:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Nozomi d'Cannith
    "Repairs on the way." Nozomi says, charging at the back of one of the spider-shaped Invaders engaging Crowbar and ignoring any attempts by the nearly-dead wolf-shaped Invader she was previously engaging to stop her.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Shiali sends a quick pulse of disquieting mental energy into the wolf's mind, testing it. They're too coordinated to be normal animals. Are they being controlled, or are they something else?

She follows up with another attempt to hit the wolf, but this one is awkward, as she's mostly trying to keep her shield between its jaws and her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shiali is going to try to use Primal Fear on the wolf, rendering it shaken for a round. No save, but it only affects living creatures with an Intelligence over 3; let me know whether or not it's smart enough to be vulnerable.

Attack 11 (13 if flanking with Volker), damage 19.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Zephyr opens his eyes and aims another jet of electricity at the construct on Crowbar's right.

Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2008-04-17 at 02:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Volker moves mechanically and drops the nearby injured wolf with another slam, because that makes the DM's life easier.

Dencamp slices, he dices, he makes julian fries out of one of the wolves. Nozomi just barely evades the opportunistic jaws of one of the others as she rushes forward and kills one of the spiders harassing crowbar before it even sees what's coming.

Shiali manifests her power on one of the two remaining wolves, and in spite of the power's limits, the animal briefly fliches in fear...as does the one next to it, and somehow, the spiders as well.

All that is of course very interesting, but she doesn't have much time for observations as, from out of apparently nowhere, a blur of flashing steel appears and neatly severs one wolf's head from its neck, the followup attack also dropping the last of the spiders from near the main group. When the attack comes to an end, you can all see a white-haired man standing there, dressed in the black-and-white uniform of the House Deneith's Blademarks and holding a large, bloody falchion. He also appears to be on fire. The figure shouts up to the team for a second and, after realizing he can't be heard from inside the mechs, fishes a small object out of his clothing (which is not burning, despite the fire) and holds it to his mouth.

"Can you hear me now? Alright. Everyone alright here? Let's finish these things off quickly."

Ignorant of the fate of their fleshy companions, the two constructs again crunch at Crowbar's suit with their claws, and this time one of them manages to get a solid grip on his suit, beginning the process of crushing the Mobile Suit's body (but not being very effective at it...yet). Crowbar's suit takes a total of 9 damage through its armor from the claw strikes and grapple.

Meanwhile, Zephyr scorches the armor of the construct that failed to get a grip, causing it to divert its attention from the now-grappled Crowbar...

(Crowbar is up. You're currently grappling one of the constructs).

(Remaining enemies: 1 Wolf (by group), 1 Spider (by Crowbar), 2 Constructs (by Crowbar). Reinforcements on your side: Captain Deneith).
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you for your cooperation," Crowbar says to the constructs that engaged his Mobile Suit. As the enemy construct grapples Crowbar's suit, he takes the opportunity to attack it by chopping with his sword:

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: 1d20 + 11 = 27
    Damage: 3d6 + 13 = 21

"I'm a weapon, not a chew toy." Crowbar attempts to kick the construct, swinging his armored boot towards whatever constitutes the construct's head.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: 1d20 + 11 = 13
    Damage: 3d6 + 13 = 21

"Assistance appreciated, comrades, Points construct grappling." Crowbar says. It almost sounds like he's having fun.
    Last edited by Elvith Jars; 2008-04-17 at 04:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(You don't get an AoO since the thing has Improved Grab, but because I'm a nice guy, I'll use that first roll for the attack roll to hit the thing this turn. Also, your slam counts as Shocking in case you forgot).

As the construct draws Crowbar's mobile suit in for further crushings, the warforged pilot aims a nasty kick at wear its mouth would be were it a living creature, causing a sizable dent in its armor and some electrical sparks over its metal carapace.

The last remaining wolf, still looking a bit shaken, glances quickly between the array of large, armored figures and the small, on-fire figure. Apparently deciding to go for the small-but-powerful target, it tries to chomp on Commander Deneith, who sidesteps its lunge. The last remaining spider, meanwhile, scuttles toward the main group, seeing Crowbar's mech well in-claw.

(Volker, Nozomi, Dencamp, and Shiali, in no particular order.)
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Dencamp sizes up the situation on the fly.

"Moving to assist Crowbar."

Launching into motion with startling speed, Dencamp bears down on the enemy wrestling with Crowbar, bringing his weapon down on the exposed back of the construct.

"Surprise," he murmurs as he presses the blade deep into it, slicing into critical systems below the surface.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dencamp's attacking the grapple-monkey, using his Shadow Blade maneuver to better insulate his odds of landing the hit. The construct, denied Dex-to-AC from grappling, will be unhappy to learn Denny also gains 1d6 of sneak attack damage due to Penetrating Strike.
    Shadow Blade rolls (1d20 8=25, 1d20 8=14)
    I'll be taking the higher roll, so no extra cold damage on the hit.
    Damage, base (3d6 7=21)
    Penetrating Strike damage (1d6=1)
    ...Fantastic.
    Total:22 damage.
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2008-04-17 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Don't drink and PbP, kids.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I suppose the demonstration has gone on long enough at this point." Volker mumbles, as he moves to the construct harassing Crowbar. He sends a fist flying at the machine, trying to dislodge it. Halfway through the attack, the mech's arm locks up.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: 1d20+8 = 9

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"Copy, Captain." Pleased and intrigued with the results of that, Shiali sends out another quick set of mental lashes, this time striking at one of each enemy—wolf, spider, and construct. She follows up her mental assault with a physical one, stepping behind the one remaining wolf and attempting to bring her fist down on its spine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Primal Fear, this time augmented to affect 3 targets; the wolf, an unwounded spider, and the non-grappled construct. Attack 12, damage 22.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Nozomi d'Cannith

In a feat of multitasking that would be impossible without the enchantments that allow a new pilot to work the mobile suits, Nozomi has the suit drop it's longsword and move to where Crowbar is in her reach and she isn't in an Invader's reach, all without her right hand since she's using that to get out a rod from her belt. Once in position, she puts her hand back on the controls with the rod between her hand and the control, concentrates a bit, and manipulates the controls so that her mobile suit touches Crowbar's. As she concentrates, magical energy flows from her dragonmark, around her neck, down her right arm, through the rod, down the mobile suit's hand, and into Crowbar's mobile suit.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Make a Perform (Juggling) check...just kidding.)

Dencamp charges, two sword strikes apparently flying side-by-side at the enemy construct. It dodges one only to take the real sword in a gap in its armor. His sword comes out covered in black ironwood sap of the same sort Warforged "bleed". Meanwhile, the remaining animals continue to shudder in some sort of instinctual fear while Volker and Shiali flail rather ineffectively with their weapons.

The dents in Crowbar's suit begin to magically straighten themselves out as Nozomi's Dragonmark power conducts through to his suit in a flash of light, healing it for 12 points. Meanwhile, Captain Deneith swats the last wolf on the nose with a leaping charge, his sword drawing a good deal of blood and shocking the animal slightly.

The construct holding Crowbar's suit continues to crunch down on its prey, but Crowbar employs the suit's strength to keep its claws from closing entirely (by the way, I've been rolling your opposed grapple checks for the sake of expediency. Hope you don't mind). The other one reacts angrily to Nozomi's attempt to heal its fellow's prey and strikes her with a series of claw blows that deal a net of 10 points of damage, but fail to actually latch on.

(Zephyr, Crowbar).
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-04-18 at 01:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Zephyr grimaces and charges forward, his Spirit's fist crackling with electricity. This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Deadly Shining Finger! ((I had to...))

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging the enemy attacking Crowbar, designating that foe for Dodge. Slam Attack (1d20 10=29), Slam Damage (3d6 10=21), Electricity Damage (1d6=3)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(Don't worry about it. I was saving that quote for when I needed to use Shocking Grasp with Rin anyway. Besides, calling your attacks makes you roll higher, as you just proved.)

Zephyr homages the hell out of the construct holding Crowbar, shaking it with damage. It looks...like it did before, but it might be angry now.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-04-18 at 02:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

((The one grappling with Crowbar. No way he's gonna save some Riedran. I checked, and there's no penalty for meleeing into a grapple.))