New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Defend Thy City A

You find thyself in being lead through the Duke's Palace by a rather harassed clerk, past the choas at the front door, up two flights of stairs, and are then deposited in a front of a plain wooden door. "Selene's waiting in there." and hustles off without a word.

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge (local) dc 17 the know who Selene is. And now... ROLEPLAY!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Defend Thy City A

As the clerk left, Jimiel was still trying to recall who Selene even was...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20-1)[17]

After thinking a bit he grumbles and nods his head. Looking about at the others in the group, he quietly introduces himself. "Now that were here, Im Jimiel Windstrum, if it pleases ya. Guess we all came to see Selene for something important, she's the city General if'n I recall correct." Then he just looks intently at them in silence.

Being of average height for a halfling, you wouldnt think of him as intimidating, but those stern green eyes of his, and the lack of usual halfling joy makes him seem a little uncomfortable. His hood down, and robe spead wide, you can see that he came completely prepared for any fight wielding his bow and sword. His clothing is plain and durable-perfect for travel, along with his leather armor.
    Last edited by Gaijin Guy Jim; 2008-04-16 at 07:13 AM.
    --------------
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Phyllyp, in "Heroes for Hire"
    Quilliam Coal, in The Howling Coyotes Mercenary Company

Old Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Philander Pipepuffer (My first character)
    Leeto Dragongem
    Brog Grimapple, for Barrow of the forgotten King
    Orlandi Kingslayer
    Dwyn, We Dont Go To Gobi Anymore
    Cyryndryl,To Quench A Flame

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Audax reflected on how he had come to stand in the Duke’s palace, red-faced and panting, less than a quarter hour after the call to arms had gone out across the city.

**fluffy background on how Audax got here today**

Spoiler
    Show
    A matronly woman had blocked the doorway of Valarian’s Drygoods as a slender form sped down the main street of the village, a youthful missile composed mostly of gangly arms and legs, and a determined expression. “Audax Valarian! No! I forbid it!” pleaded the lady of the house, Ze’ev. “You wouldn’t last five minutes on that field, fighting with those . . . beasts!”

Without hesitating, Audax’s slim form feinted right and then shot through the doorway to the left, racing through the interior of the shop. “Mama! The other lads are already heeding Selene’s call! I HAVE to go.” He turned at the top of the steps which led up from the family’s general store to their private quarters and spoke in a tone which just barely carried to the lower floor. “Better to face the horde on the fields, with a small chance of helping the others fend them off, than to be slaughtered in our homes once they take Romily.”

Plunging down the stairs, his arms laden with a travel pack, crossbow, and other sundry supplies, Audax now found his path blocked by a slight, grey-haired man whose pale visage spoke more loudly than any words he could have spoken. Words that would have involved both the fear the old man felt for his son, and the shameful relief of the old who realize they are too weak to go forth on the field of battle with their sons. “Go. Be safe. And know that I have never been more proud of you than I am right now.” Sayoni Valarian stepped aside, and Audax shot out the door.

Upon reaching the Duke’s Palace, Audax quickly responded to the call of the rather harassed-looking clerk who gave a call for men to fall in and follow. Not looking to see who responded, the clerk shot back into the interior of the palace. Already winded, Audax struggled to keep up with the circuitous route through the interior passages. The group eventually came to a halt. As the group milled about uncertainly waiting for the presence of Selene, Audax thought he recognized the reclusive halfling ranger who sometimes worked as a guide for the caravans that supplied old man Valarian’s shop. He was not sure if the halfling would recognize him or not.

Hmm, Selene . . . ?

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Selene
    KnowledgeLocalSelene - (1d20+7)[14]

Never heard of her!
    Last edited by Questor; 2008-04-15 at 10:01 PM.
    PERSONAS DRAMATIS

Audax Valarian, in Defend thy City!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Anthony Bogatch

Anthony follows the clerk and the others through the palace until they come to the abrupt halt at the door. At the mention of the name Selene Anthony wracks his brain trying to think of who she is, however he has no idea. Following Jimiel's introduction Anthony speaks in deep and fairly gruff voice as he speaks to everyone around him. "The names Anthony, Anthony Bogatch."

He stands a fairly tall and imposing man, just under six foot tall and very heavyset with muscle. He has a shaved head with a thin layer of black stubble and his eyes are light blue and piercing. He is completely unarmoured wearing only a set of normal and non-descript brown clothing. He also appears unarmed apart from the quarterstaff on his back, which he carries looped through the straps of his backpack. His introduction done he stands quietly, waiting for others to talk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Knowledge Local - (1d20+1)[3] Looks like I have no clue who she is then
    Last edited by Serje; 2008-04-16 at 04:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jimiel nods his head silently at Anthony. Standing there in silence, he begins to rub at his leather belt, and then quietly says to Audax,"Hows yer family? Its been a while since I led a caravan from their shop since the barbarian attacks."
    Last edited by Gaijin Guy Jim; 2008-04-16 at 07:13 AM.
    --------------
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leeto Dragongem
    Orlandi Kingslayer

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

A lanky beanpole with toussled brown hair, the lad seems at a bit goggle-eyed in the midst of all the barely controlled chaos. He sports a heavy cloak over some non-descript trousers and a long-sleeved shirt with a stout belt wrapped around his waist. A light crossbow dangles awkwardly from his right hand, and a backpack hangs from his shoulders. "The shop has been low on just about everything since the attacks began. A couple times we've had to have the guard run folks off who thought we were just hoarding for ourselves. But tisn't true! There's just not much left to be had of late in Romily."

He cranes his neck to get a good look at the rather large human. "My name is Audax Valarian. I heard the barbarians are closer to Romily than they have ever been!" he blurts out.
    Last edited by Questor; 2008-04-16 at 08:05 AM.
    PERSONAS DRAMATIS

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thelonious

A average looking man of average stature addresses no one in particular. "Well, it's not what I expected for my first assignment, but it should be educational if nothing else." He raps sharply on the door three times.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show

Dang preview ate my roll, I think.

(d20+5)[13]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Come in! a female voice calls from the next room.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thelonious

Thelonious turns to address the small group waiting at the door. "Excuse me friends, I've been waiting in the antechamber all day, and I'm rather anxious to see how I can be of assistance. I would relish the opportunity to know the citizens of Romily better, but perhaps now is not the time?"

That said, he opens the door and steps through.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking at Thelonius, Jimiel quietly says "Agreed", and follows through the door.
    --------------
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leeto Dragongem
    Orlandi Kingslayer

12. - Top - End - #12

Anthony

Anthony chuckles quietly to himself hearing Thelonious speak. So many words just to say hes going through the door he thinks to himself, finding his way of talking amusing. To stranges Anthony is a man of few words, he doesn't speak openly around people he doesn't know and so speaks as little as possible. This being said he silently follows the others through the door.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Audax follows along with the flow and moves thru the door.
    PERSONAS DRAMATIS

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You walk in and see a silver haired woman in purple robes and an ornate breastplate sitting at a wooden sdesk covered in paper. The only decoration in the room is a pair or crossed swords, one broken and the other wickedly curved.

Alright, who're you lot?
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-04-18 at 02:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

When asked the question, Jimiel gives no show of courtesy, or false politeness, he just looked straight into her eyes and said in a voice louder than usual "I am Jimiel Windstrum, Ranger, Caravan Guide." and then slinks back into the group to wait and see what was going on.
    Last edited by Gaijin Guy Jim; 2008-04-18 at 02:29 PM.
    --------------
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leeto Dragongem
    Orlandi Kingslayer

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Winstrum, Winstrum... she shuffles a stack of papers. Ah yes, this group.

17. - Top - End - #17

Anthony

Anthony addresses the woman in his normal gruff tone "I'm Anthony Bogatch, I'm a monk... I live in the monastery." He thinks over what Selene had already said before asking, "what are we needed here for?"
    Last edited by Serje; 2008-04-18 at 05:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Audax leans in, listening intently. He also takes a good look around the room for points of interest: Furniture, maps, communications or other whatnots.
    PERSONAS DRAMATIS

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Triss

Triss was on her way home from a particularly long day in the stables. She was looking forward to a long soak in the tub and she was sure Ivy would be ready for a good brushing and a nice apple. Triss and Ivy were a good portion of the way home when she caught sight of several uniformed men on horseback, she didn't think much of it as there were rumors running about that would explain them being out. To her surprise they did not continue past her as she had thought.

"You Triss Selmny?" Asked the leader of the group a rather gruff looking man with a slight under bite.

Still a little startled that they had stopped Triss simply nodded her head.

Good, you are to come with us.

Before Triss could ask questions the man handed her a folded piece of parchment. After reading the paper she nodded to the man and followed one of his men to the other side of town, specifically to the Duke's Palace. Not wanting to leave Ivy in the hands of strangers she took her horse to the stables herself and gave her a quick brushing and a reassuring pat on her head.

Making her way into the palace she is stopped by a gaunt man that looks like he has been running around the palace non-stop for a while. Triss hands the note to the man and he tells her to follow him. She is led to a door and she can hear voices from the inside of the room.

"Go on in, Selene is expecting you." He says to her and as he walks away Triss can here the man speak to himself under his breath. "I am not going to take the fall for her being tardy, no siree."

Opening the door quietly Triss slips in behind the rest of the people in the room. Despite her best efforts she is pretty sure that her entrance will not go unnoticed if for nothing else the strong scent of the stable is about her person.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hello there, you'd be the lancer. Love to have you in the Wolves in a few years, from what I've been told. Selene grabs a few more pieces of paper. When you're all here we can start. Sorry I don't have any chairs. Feel free to lean. Then she continues to ignore you.

For those that look around
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wooden desk is covered in papers of an oficail looking sort but you can't read them. Apart from that there's just a window behind the desk over looking the docks.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thelonious

Thelonious takes a shallow formal bow. "Thelonious Milner, ma'am, Priest of Forseti, reporting for... Well, I'm not really sure. I was hoping you could tell me that."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Name's Audax, ma'am. Came running when the call came out." Audax swings the crossbow that has been dangling from his right hand to a more secure position on his back, seeing as he doesn't expect a fight to break out in this chamber. Nothing imminent, at any rate.

Next, he mentally reviews the spells he holds in mind today. Sleep, Sleep, and Magic Missile. His lesser spells included Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, and Message. He hadn't wasted any time on anything that would not hit an enemy rather quickly, or be helpful across a battle field, since the invaders had been spotted.
    Last edited by Questor; 2008-04-19 at 03:29 PM.
    PERSONAS DRAMATIS

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ah good, you're all here. she looks at another piece of paper. Quite frankly, you lot would normally be down in the milita yard with the rest of the conscripts, but most of you have skills... outside of what is normally recomended for militamen. So I'm putting together bands of irregulars like you to help me deal with certain... issues that this city seems to be collecting. Namely, the rich mansions to the west of the docks have all been abandoned, and overrun with looters. Some of my sources say the O'Devard and Polinski Estates each had some stockpiles of Alchemical Fire and magical materiel that the city needs. Take this, she slids across a piece of paper for each of you. It's maked with the seal of the city and signed illegibly, naming you a member of the Special Milita working under Highest Authority for the duration. and go.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Jimiel grabs his paper it was almost comical to see how oversized it looked as he held it, what wasnt comical was his serious and strained face as he had to struggle slightly to read the larger words, but when he was finally able to get through it, he bowed to Selene and said "As ye wish" and waited for the rest of the group.
    Last edited by Gaijin Guy Jim; 2008-04-20 at 01:48 PM.
    --------------
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leeto Dragongem
    Orlandi Kingslayer

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thelonious

Thelonious takes the paper, rolls it up and secures it somewhere inside his robes. "Sorry, I'm a little unclear on our direction. Are we to secure the estates, or recover the materials and return here? If it's the latter, doesn't that make us looters as well?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You're to secure the mansions and then bring those, and any other supplies you might find, here. If it's more then you can carry I could send a wagon. So long as you follow my orders, that little piece of paper means that you're not looting.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Snatching up his writ and securing it inside his beltpouch, Audax raises an eyebrow. "Alchemist's Fire? Just as well I did not ready any fire magic today," he says with a nervous chuckle. "Any word what we'll be facing at the estates? O'Devard's place is the nearer of the two if I recall correctly. I have made deliveries up that way for the family business. I can lead us out if the rest of you are ready to get to it." Wrinkling his nose, he glances sideways at the massive human and late arrived-female. Once everyone looks good to go, Audax heads for the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    At first opportunity after the group gets outside the ducal palace, Audax retrieves his crossbow from his back and loads it, carrying it readied to fire.
    Last edited by Questor; 2008-04-20 at 10:05 PM.
    PERSONAS DRAMATIS

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thelonious

"Forseti teaches us, and my experience bears this out -- Just because something is official, that doesn't mean that it's right. However, I can see that now is not the time for a philosophical debate. So long as we take careful inventory of the goods that are taken, I won't object to the taking."
    Last edited by CaseyRobinson; 2008-04-20 at 11:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Anthony

Anthony picks up his writ in one of his large, meaty hands and hides it inside an inner pocket in his shirt. "Allright then ma'am" he says, bowing his head slightly to Selene, "orders all understood. Like Audax says, any idea what'll be in the estates? I don't fancy going in with no clue whats facing us." Once his question had been answered, or the others had left, Anthony would give a final bow to Selene and follow them to the estates.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jimiel looks about the room and says in a quiet voice "Well, whatever obstacles, Im ready whenever everyone else is." He then stands next to the door and patiently waits.
    Last edited by Gaijin Guy Jim; 2008-04-21 at 11:05 AM.
    --------------
    Current Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leeto Dragongem
    Orlandi Kingslayer