New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Cthulhu Tech; Aeon War 1; Shadows of Munich

0800 May 1st. 2085.

All of you, in ones and twos, end up in your appointed transports. Some are taken by helicopter, some by great planes designed to carry hundreds of men.... or mechs.

None the less, in the end you all fly to one spot. And few of you can help but ghasp when you see it.

It's not in an Arcology, though it's about the size of one, and every bit as impressive. It holds a collection of utterly massive glass skyscrapers in the center, gleaming as they reach for the sky; a chalange to the gods of old. Beneath it, like fungi, are what appear to be hangers, barracks... all the signs one would expect of the Military.

Nerdo
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know this place. You've been here once before, though only very briefly. This is the New Earth Government's Command and Control Center for the Europe front .It's a short flight from Munich. It's their primary base of ops for all military activity in Europe, all orders come, in the end, from here, and it's here you'll find the brass most of the time.

You touch down in varying hangers, where anxious looking personell are ready to greet you. Each of you is hustled into the central "blade" of towers, underneeth a magnificent glass door, with the NEG symbol proudly above it, and the flags of the member states fluttering behind.

You are shown the way, through a dizzying maze of escalators, security checks, and elevators into a single room, on the fiftieth floor. There's a nice light blue carpet, and the walls are whitewashed; utterly plain. It has a balcony, the door to which is unlocked, and from here their is a spectacular view of the whole instillation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enter. You're all in the same room. Get to know each other a little.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-24 at 04:40 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Cthulhu Tech; Aeon War 1; Shadows of Munich

Josephine Mary Schulz is an alluringly beautiful young woman of above-average height and slim, feminine build with small but adequate curvature and a straight, regal posture. She has a face that puts her out of place in the military, one would think. Far too delicate, unscarred, light skin unblemished and blue eyes looking not blank from past horror but oddly full of life and intellect. Her long, wavy red hair looks as though slightly wetted, and the bangs are pinned slightly aside. There is a noticeable defect for those truly observing – her right hand looks pale compared to the skin tone of the rest of her body, as though it were "younger" than the rest of it, not as exposed to the sun. She dresses in a military uniform, a green jacket over a dark button-down shirt, with a tie, with a knee-length skirt and heeled shoes.

After entering the room, Josephine glances at the decoration, briefly examining everything. It reminds her of her old home, specifically her father's office, perhaps a little less lavish, and it makes her feel, strangely enough, out of place. It's the sort of place she would wear a dress to, not a uniform. She almost feels as though under uncomfortable scrutiny. She wears a look of slight scorn throughout this.

Worthless thoughts, don't let them show. Don't want to seem stupid in front of the rest of these people. It's bad enough I'm even here.

She looks out at them for a moment, as though trying to ascertain anything she can from their appearances. Immediately she puts on a facade of slight, bubbly smiling. Crossing her arms, she then says, "So, looks like we have some fascinating stories in this room." She sounds rather amused.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I went with the military uniform to get a post in, if I'm dressed otherwise for the occassion, I'll make the needed changes.
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-04-24 at 05:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Lutana stepped tentatively into the room, his eyes flitting wildly back and forth, scanning every nook and cranny of the plain room for some hint of a grander purpose. Finding none, he relaxed slightly, though he remained on guard. The burly human at his side sauntered into the room far more casually. The NEG symbol over the door to the complex had told him all he needed to know... that he was among friends.

After a few moments of silence Lutana turned sharply around and swept his piercing gaze over the room's other occupants.

"I am Lutana," he said, slowly and carefully, in a heavily accented voice, "OIS."

He pulled out his OIS ID badge as he said this, but kept talking without pause.

"This is my partner, Richard Wheeler. I can't speak for him, but know that I am personally interested in your identities. If we are to be working together for any significant length of time, it is imperative that we get to know each other."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lutana is a tallish but slim Nazzadi with dyed white hair and rather plain clothing in muted tones of blue. Rich is only slightly taller, but far more muscular. The human wears his brown hair in a conservative style and is dressed in a tailored suit, only slightly rumpled by the long flight.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-04-24 at 05:24 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

4. - Top - End - #4

Blech, badges.

Josephine pulls up her tags, hanging around her neck.

"Josephine Schulz, formerly a pilot on the Alaskan front...now waiting idly on the 'Whatever Front'. Seraph Engel pilot, a hero of the Alaskan retreat."

So as not to seem too big-headed, she absentmindedly and not too honestly adds "One of many heroes."

Having said that, she suddenly feels the need to look out upon the outside world from where she stands, seeing out the window.

"To think my Jophiel is in some dusty, unfamiliar hangar somewhere in here." She sighs.
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-04-24 at 05:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueWizardGirl

"Engel pilot, eh?" Lutana replied, suddenly breaking into a toothy grin, "Please don't tell me you fancy yourself capable of controlling 'your Jophiel!' I admit I know little of Engels, but I do know that nothing tears a sorcerer down more quickly than the notion that he has true control over the forces he calls upon. I would hate to see a young thing like you fall to a similar fate."
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-04-24 at 05:35 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Josephine gives him a very wicked glance.

"Sorcerer? I manage the controls, and it moves. When it's in flight, I can feel its spirit soar. Jophiel loves to fly...and loves to rip things to shreds. I suppose in that sense we're like minds. Don't talk down to me about **** you don't know, harry potter."
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-04-24 at 05:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The damn architecture is amazing," Alex enthuses as he heads into the room, apparently talking to himself. Alex is all of five feet and five inches tall, and he looks like his mother didn't feed him properly as a child; he wears half of the uniform of a Mech pilot, fatigues in the coloration of a pilot from the NES Victory, but over his white vest he wears...a rather hideous, very retro silk shirt, white but printed with red and yellow flowers. It makes an impression. Such things used to be called Hawaiian shirts, once upon a time. His skin is tanned beneath such a loud piece of classic 20th century garb, his hair blonde and cut short, his eyes baby-blue. His right arm is covered with ink-black Nazzadi style tattoos.

When he sees the gathering, he grins widely, making his way over. "Heeey, I thought I was going to be alone in here! Who're we? And does anyone know where the hell we're going, because I couldn't find my ass with a map right now."

What he lacks in height, he makes up for in personality, apparently.

8. - Top - End - #8

What is this? A frickin' zoo?

"I don't want to have to do a million introductions."

She sighs.

"Josephine, Engel pilot, Seraph. As for your dilemma I'm afraid I can't be bothered to solve it."
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-04-24 at 05:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thanks for noticing I even exist," he says with a smirk. "Hawk Duweisz, Mech pilot. This place is awesome. Seriously." He barely even looks at the OIS agent before he is out on the balcony, looking over the installation.

10. - Top - End - #10

She blinks, but keeps quiet.

Mech Pilot? No other Engel pilots yet? Maybe he pilots a Claymore. If it's anything less...I have to admit I'd be unimpressed with the management of this whole thing.

"Say, what mech do you pilot? And where were you stationed before?" Josephine asks. She sounds genuinely interested, but isn't really. Just trying to make conversation here.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Edited to do something actually productive, lol
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-04-24 at 06:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

BlueWizardGirl

Lutana arched an eyebrow at the Engel pilot's response.

"Harry Potter? I'm afraid I don't follow. My name is Lutana. And though you may not realize it, you've just told me what I wanted to know. It reassures me greatly that you recognize your Engel's will. I assisted in the arrest of one who worked on the Engel project once. The things which he spoke of were not... pleasant."

Lutana trailed off as a rather obnoxious mech pilot barged into the room. While the short man was as loud as the colors of his shirt, he appeared to be ignoring the two OIS agents, choosing instead to address the Engel pilot and admire the scenery. While Lutana would ordinarily be glad to return the favor, he was moved to words when he noticed the human's Nazzadi tattoos.

"Mister Duweisz," he said, in a mirthful tone, "are you aware of what your arm says?"

Spoiler
    Show
    It is my understanding that Nazzadi tattoos, while having the appearance of decorative patterns, are in fact script. Speaking of which, while Lutana is not as heavily tattooed as many Nazzadi, he carries the phrase "The truth will set you free" on his body in nine languages.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-04-24 at 08:58 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

"I always thought those tattoos had some kind of meaning, though I never could figure out what they meant. I only had one nazzadi friend growing up and she didn't wear any." Josephine says off-handedly as part of a conversation.

So he's heard of the Engels well, maybe he does understand a bit then.

Josephine finds somewhere to sit down and does so, toying with a lock of her hair. It rather bothers her not knowing where the Engel is, in a strange way. She has not ever really felt this way before. She always knew where Jophiel was exactly back in base and knew how he felt there. In a weird way she wonders whether her Engel could "feel right" in these new surroundings, and whether his temper might change because of them.

"Pardon me, but I wonder what the OIS is doing here? From what I heard, this is some super secret group that's going to dangerous missions and raising hell. I guess magic might help – I don't know, because I don't have any," it sounds as if it is painful for her to admit, and it is, "But it seems to me something more suited to military guys. Or are you just as much in the dark as the rest of us?"

"And by the way, Harry Potter was a book character like 70 years ago. Wizard, he was. History class, tch." She winks.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I totally had no idea when I was making the reference, of the signifance (or lack of it) it'd have 78 years from now Thankfully Josey has points invested in History.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Well, well, thinks Erik on his way through the complex. I may have actually moved up in the world.

The doors to the room open again, and a tall blond man in a well-pressed NEG dress uniform enters, folding a pair of aviator sunglasses into his jacket pocket. His features are handsome in the classical Teutonic sense, and his rank insignia (supported by the swept-hilt officer's sword belted at his side) proclaim him to be a 2nd Lieutenant. The uniform is notably lacking a unit insignia, however.

Or maybe not. Is that man wearing a Hawaiian shirt?

The pilot sketches a half-salute to the assembled group, in lieu of actually determining ranks. "Erik Messer, NEG Army mecha corps." He adds a slight half-smile and a bit of a bow to the uniformed woman of the group. "At your service."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

14. - Top - End - #14

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I totally had no idea when I was making the reference, of the signifance (or lack of it) it'd have 78 years from now Thankfully Josey has points invested in History.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And I have adept-level Literacy and History, so I though I might should know it... but my History is focused on Occult History and Lutana's taste in fiction would probably tend towards the classics, so I decided to feign ignorance.

"I was told that we were being sent here to ensure 'the safe containment of possible arcane items.' Of course, I was also told that the OIS was supposed to send someone who could 'handle weaponry well, keep a cool hear under fire, and be able to kill bugs by the score,' and that they were only sending me because they couldn't afford to lose anyone who actually fit that description. So, in other words, yes, I'm as much in the dark as the rest of us."

Lutana shrugged and turned to the new arrival.

"Lieutenant Messer, would you, by any chance, have any idea what we're doing here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited to address Messer's entry. You ninja'd me, Nerdo.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-04-24 at 09:29 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

"Third introduction," Josephine says, sighing, "Josephine Mary Schulz, rank whatever, Seraph Engel Pilot." She turns to Lutana again, "I think I would be the cool-headed, bug exterminating, weapon-handling person you were told of. Weapons don't get much bigger than the Seraph Engel." She smiles with a slightly self-righteous air.

Okay, so none of us know what's going on, and there isn't another Engel pilot yet. I feel like I'm going to be heavily burdened by all of this.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninja-shank!

"Well, when you're in the military, you get used to the brass not telling you anything," Messer says to the Nazzadi. "If I had to guess from your description and my 'briefing' if you can call it that...if everyone here's going to be in this little team of ours, I'd guess some sort of black op. Independent operation, forward infiltration, something like that."

He shrugs. "That's all I can guess, really. I'm as much in the dark as you are."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

That's what Naia told me, black op, dropped behind enemy lines, go kill things, etc. I'd like to know if there are any finer details beyond that.

Josephine sighs.

"So, what do you commonly pilot?" She asks Messer. "I mean, I guess you could pilot anything, since you don't have to become attuned like we Engel pilots do. So if it's a dumb question, I retract it."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Not a dumb question," Messer responds, though not without a little condescension. "Everyone has their preferred ride. For example, I'm rated for every Sword-class mech in deployment, but my preference is a good old Gladius. In fact, I should check on whether my armor's been transferred yet...I never trust those QC types with shipping, even when it turns out I could have walked here." He gets a worried expression on his face that's a faint echo of Josephine's own. Messer's ride isn't alive, but it's still important.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

BlueWizardGirl

Lutana had been concerned ever since he received his assignment, but as more and more mech pilots showed up, he was getting even more worried.

"Am I the only one in this room who doesn't know how to drive a big, loud robot thing?" he exclaimed, quickly growing exasperated.

Rich rumbled, "Don't feel bad, I'm no mech pilot either."

"I meant other than you, Wheeler! Ugh! What is it with my superiors sending me off to go do things I'm not qualified to do all the time?"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

"Gladius. I see."

Could be worse. He could be some fool in a power armor. That'd really suck. But as-is, looks like I have the biggest guns around...meaning the most responsibility. It's like Alaska all over again...But then again, only makes me look better.

"I'm worried about Jophiel too. Don't know how the new surroundings will affect him. He was already a little impassive, I felt, because of the months of assisting in practice drills I had to do in place of real deployment. Pride and joy of the NEG, we are, and yet we had to tag newbies for so long." Josephine says, now completely letting loose her ego. She also fails to mention her rehabilitation being the cause for the grounding.

She turns to Lutana, slightly amused. "Don't worry much. From the looks of it, it'll be me taking the brunt of the punishment. I'll keep everyone safe. S'what the Seraph's for, to challenge the bug's champion, Mantis. Quite romantic in a way."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Edited with a response to Lutana
    Last edited by Meek; 2008-04-24 at 10:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Feh. We're probably here to protect you while you're doing some crazy witchcraft or other," Messer explains. "You should be glad for all the extra armor. And meat shielding, in the case of the Engel."

Speaking of which, he turns back to the Engel pilot. "You know, though, speaking as one of the bits of armor, I'm kinda concerned they thought a Seraph was necessary. Though if you've been doing mostly training gigs, maybe this is some easy stuff for you to get some field experience."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

The statement lights a fire inside Josephine, and she struggles to keep from screaming her lungs out in Messer's face. "Only training gigs? Field experience?" She says, in a voice just a hop away from screaming, "Be informed, that I'm a hero of the Alaskan front! Saved the lives of a bunch of people running around in small swordy mecha like yours! Perhaps this is a training exercise for you and I'm playing babysitter!"

She starts to get a little red, knowing she's overreacting, and stops just a tick away from mentioning the whole one-handed mantis wrangling bit of lore surrounding her, mostly because she doesn't want to admit to having her arm cut off even if it goes along with the greatest achievement of her career. Naia would be so angry right now if she were here, but she knows I can't help it! Big iron can pilots thinking they can talk down to ME?

23. - Top - End - #23

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    "Feh. We're probably here to protect you while you're doing some crazy witchcraft or other,"
    "I said it before and I'll say it again," Lutana explained, "I am not supposed to be here. You're supposed to have some sort of gun-toting secret agent superman, like Jim Bond or something. I'm here because my boss is a racist idiot who jumped at the first excuse to clear the resident 'Nazzi' out of his human-friendly offices."

He turned to Rich, eyes narrowing.

"Did they ever train you to fly a C-50? I've half a mind to turn around and go home if somebody doesn't explain to me why I'm really here."

Spoiler
    Show
    I love how quickly this is turning into a shouting match. We'll make a great party.
    Last edited by Ascension; 2008-04-24 at 11:22 PM.
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"And you be informed, miss, that I'm one of the top aces in the European theater," says Messer, almost looking like he's enjoying this, although there's a certain edge of nervousness to his voice. "You don't need a chip in your head to be a hero, and I'm not going to have you coming in here and talking down to the proud tradition of mecha pilots just because your best friend is the size of a small apartment complex."

...I am still allowed to argue with people, right?

Messer feels justified in ignoring the sorcerer's protests for the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

"Apartment complex? You should have more respect towards the only thing keeping the Migou from ruling this world. Of course I wouldn't expect someone piloting an iron can to understand." Josephine says dismissively. "You can have all the glory if you want it with your tiny mech zipping around the Mantises – we both know who's made the real impact on this war."

She stands up and heads for the opposite end of the room, practically stomping, before Messer can reply to her. She keeps her back turned on him, a heavy blush on her face, and almost weeping with frustration.

I hate this! I want to go back to Alaska! What the hell am I doing in Europe? It's worthless anyway! The Migou are a skip and a hop from the heart of the NEG and I'm in EUROPE? The thought only makes her angrier, and she wishes heartily she could be with Naia and her old crew who actually knew of her accomplishments. So much for making impressions! Bunch of fools, some whackjob, a jerk and a guy who can't pilot anything, I'm definitely dying here! My ghost will haunt any of the morons that survive, I swear!

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Can't help it, Josephine's a firecracker. Won't keep her from doing her job though.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Messer stands there, satisfied with a withdrawal, and breathing deeply to calm himself down.

I have to be careful. Engel pilots are naturally unhinged, and I can't afford to break probation.

"So anyway, Lutana, you've got nooooothing to worry about," he says with exaggerated upbeatness and an ironic smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Josephine keeps staring at the wall, arms around herself.

Just breathe...like the psyche people said...control your breathing.

She grits her teeth.

That's another thing, going to a different psyche...they won't know anything about me!

However small, this adds on to her annoyance. By now she doesn't even care how crazy she looks hugging herself and staring at the walls.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Turning in for the night, it's 1:19 AM here. Any thing directed at Josephine'll be answered in 9 or 10 hours. Good gaming so far everyone!

28. - Top - End - #28

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Can't help it, Josephine's a firecracker. Won't keep her from doing her job though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you intentionally channeling Asuka, or is it just happening anyway? I should have played a Shinji clone.

"Apartment complex? You should have more respect towards the only thing keeping the Migou from ruling this world.
    "You're seriously claiming that the Engels are the only thing keeping the Migou from ruling the world, Ms. Schultz? Only two things have spared us so far: General Vreta's rebellion and the Migou's unwillingness to bring their entire force to bear on us. If not for my people coming to your aid, the First Arcanotech War would have been the last. I'd suggest you brush up on recent history before claiming responsibility for others' deeds."
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Lutana
    Spoiler
    Show
    knowing or not knowing about harry potter is fine.

Rich has said nothing so far. Quite deliberately. He just sits their, with his mouth tightly shut.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-25 at 06:28 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

30. - Top - End - #30

"Shut up and don't talk to me then, lab rat." Josephine says from the wall. She bites her tongue after from letting out the insult, but couldn't help it. She is very nearly weeping now from frustration at herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Josephine's rather classier than Asuka I think (and also rather CRAZIER), but she's been put into circumstances that just call out her crazy side and don't let the charming young woman speak. Couldn't help but answer that one. The second we enter any sort of formal setting, your characters will be surprised how social Josey is. I took a lot of social stuff and good presence. Just got no use for it right now Anyway, going to sleep now.