New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Altair

"I agree," he nods at the locals in the 'tavern,' "though not from lack of hospitality. Perhaps I will buy some of that spirit when we return."
    Thomas

I agree, this is a nice villiage, and I'd love to make a return trip afterwards, but we'd best not take too long on that quest the queen's given us...

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Edgar's incredulity rather overcomes him and he sneezes on and off for about half a minute before finally recovering and asking "Well, if you don't have a priest...perhaps you would like one? The other thing is could tell me where you bury all your dead? Your graveyard seems rather small in relation to the size and age of your village."
    "Well, we...uh, it'd have to be a priestess of Isis you see. And we used to have another graveyard."

3. - Top - End - #783
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Where did the last priestess...go? And when? A community without a proper spir-sp-A-A-Tchoo!...Oh, excuse me.This graveyard you used to have...Where is it? I'd like to take a look to see it is being kept properly."

4. - Top - End - #784

SwashbucklerGuy

"Please...don't you have to get on to Karsh?" one says weakly.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Bugbear in the Playground

Altair

"Yes, we do." He clasps his hands onto Edgar's shoulders. "Come, we can investigate later."

6. - Top - End - #786

SwashbucklerGuy

[Folks, I've started a thread here for character sheets. Can you please get your character sheet from here and post it, not in spoilers. Thanks.]
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-11-17 at 02:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar.

"No, we don't have to get to Karth..." Edgar turns to Altair for a moment "...excuse me this won't take long Altair..." He turns back and continues "... I'd really like to know what happened to the old priest or priestess and wh-wh-wh-A-a-tchoo! Oh!...where is the old graveyard? "
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-11-17 at 07:03 AM.

8. - Top - End - #788

SwashbucklerGuy

One of the villagers groans

"I don't know what to do Mary"

Mary is a bit calmer, and says

"well...what are you accusing us of?"
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-11-17 at 07:51 AM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

"Uh oh..."

Oliver looks over at Thomas, "Sounds like we just wore out our welcome." He then begins to survey the surroundings for any hostile movements and a safe escape route.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Marcado, after coming down from the great tree, makes his way to try to regroup with his companions.

"Oliver, nice work back there. Apparently I almost got myself into a little trouble with my ascent up the tree." he ashamedly admits.

"I'm quite certain my host was not disturbed by my presence among his great limbs, but the townspeople seem a bit on edge about the idea. I wonder why..."

"At any rate, the view was grand! There are others out in the desert, people going somewhere...exactly where I cannot say....maybe to the wall...maybe not. Oh and along with the great walls of Karsh, there are some other structures out there as well...maybe another a small town or village."

"Most intriguing in my scan of the area...well...I know not why...but I found myself focusing on a temple....have you seen this place?"

11. - Top - End - #791

Thomas

Whispers to Edgar. (Hey, these people have been very nice to us, so we shouldn't pay them back by accidentally-on-purpose accusing them of doing bad things to their preists and dead ones. Come on, let's go before they decide to lynch us...)

12. - Top - End - #792
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar gives the woman a stern look. "I just asked where your priest is and where your old graveyard is...there is no need to be so defensive. I hope you'll excuse me taking an interest...we'll be on our way."

13. - Top - End - #793

SwashbucklerGuy

[Thanks for posting your characters everyone. It gives me an easy place to look up your stats when I want to make a roll.]

14. - Top - End - #794

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Marcado, after coming down from the great tree, makes his way to try to regroup with his companions.

"Oliver, nice work back there. Apparently I almost got myself into a little trouble with my ascent up the tree." he ashamedly admits.

"I'm quite certain my host was not disturbed by my presence among his great limbs, but the townspeople seem a bit on edge about the idea. I wonder why..."

"At any rate, the view was grand! There are others out in the desert, people going somewhere...exactly where I cannot say....maybe to the wall...maybe not. Oh and along with the great walls of Karsh, there are some other structures out there as well...maybe another a small town or village."

"Most intriguing in my scan of the area...well...I know not why...but I found myself focusing on a temple....have you seen this place?"
    Inim-shara clutches his head.

"Oh gods! He went up the tree! We're all doomed!"

"Be quiet!" Mary hisses at him.

15. - Top - End - #795

Doomcup

Mutters under his breath By the goddess, this isn't looking good... He resists the urge to put his hand on the handle of his sword.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver tugs on the sleeves of Thomas and Marcado. "Let's just get out of here before things get out of hand." He then starts backing towards the door.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hahaha....Marcado had been "whispering" to Oliver and to himself all along, but neglected to repeat that fact, when I posted my findings to him in my last post...that is hilarious!

Here we were being all secretive and all (especially Oliver with his quick diversions with the book)...until that last post of mine, apparently...ha! Oops.

At any rate, what's done is done. It'll be interesting to see how that mis-post may or may not shake things up a bit...uh-oh...

Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-11-18 at 11:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Hahaha....Marcado had been "whispering" to Oliver and to himself all along, but neglected to repeat that fact, when I posted my findings to him in my last post...that is hilarious!

Here we were being all secretive and all (especially Oliver with his quick diversions with the book)...until that last post of mine, apparently...ha! Oops.

At any rate, what's done is done. It'll be interesting to see how that mis-post may or may not shake things up a bit...uh-oh...
    Hehe, I got a kick out of it too. Doh!

19. - Top - End - #799

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I kinda wondered why you were blathering that bit for everyone to hear... Accidents will happen.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar pauses as he hears Marcado speak and then turns back to Mary "You do have something to h-h-A-A-Tchoo! Oh... Hide! What's the matter with that tree?" He gives Mary another stern look.
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-11-19 at 11:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #801

SwashbucklerGuy

[Edgar, I need to know whether you're going to stay, even if other people in the party leave.

Everyone else, I need to know if you're going to leave, stay, want to leave but you'll stay if Edgar stays, or what]

22. - Top - End - #802

Thomas

Turns towards the walls of Karth or Karsh or whatever the place was called, thinking: I tried to help, but now he needs to lie in the bed he's made for himself. The one thing to know in small towns and villiages is when to stop asking questions. I'm sure the god he serves will help him, though, and he's gonna need it. Then says: Godly luck, Edgar. Then he walks off.

[Quite obviously he's leaving.]

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver will make towards the door, but won't leave without the rest of the party.

"They did mention earlier about not climbing the tree due to fear of breaking it. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I suppose given the size of it that is a bit odd."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar waits for the woman to reply, even if others leave.
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-11-20 at 09:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #805

Thomas

Approaches the door, but then thinks the better of it and waits there to see what happens. It'd be bad form if I just left him here for who knows what to happen to him.

26. - Top - End - #806

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar pauses as he hears Marcado speak and then turns back to Mary "You do have something to h-h-A-A-Tchoo! Oh... Hide! What's the matter with that tree?" He gives Mary another stern look.
    Mary smiles grimly.

"Well...what do you think is wrong with it?"

27. - Top - End - #807
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"I don't know, but you don't seem to want to talk about it. And you don't want to tell me where your old priest went to or tell me where your old graveyard is. The things seem somehow linked...We'd just like to help you out if you have a problem. And I think you do, but you don't want to talk about it.
    If you don't want our help, we'll leave and I a-apo-apol-AA-AAA- TCHOO!...Oh!" Edgar has to pay some careful attention to cleaning his moustache up with his sleeve. All the while watching Mary.

[Btw how many people are in this pub more or less? I got impression from reading not that many.]

28. - Top - End - #808

SwashbucklerGuy

Btw how many people are in this pub more or less? I got impression from reading not that many.]
    There's Mary, Inim-shara, three old men, and you.

29. - Top - End - #809

SwashbucklerGuy

Mary says

"You want to help us? Really? How do you know we're the victims and not the villains?"

30. - Top - End - #810
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar pauses "Eh? Why do you say that?"