New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2274243444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1815
  1. - Top - End - #1531
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Warglory, Liberators

Jinks, get that heavy turned around! Slip barks while pulling the pin on a grenade and lobbing it over the heads of the remaining Houten to land several meters behind them. He repeats the procedure, sending the second even farther into the yellow haze. If he was wrong, he had just wasted a pair of perfectly good grenades. If those riflemen were expecting help to come from behind them, however, they were in for some disappointment...

((Grenade throws (1d20=17, 1d20=13)))
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #1532
    Barbarian in the Playground

For clarity, you're all in the lee of the barricade. Jinks sets off at a run to the HMG.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-10-22 at 06:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1533
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Did my shots have any effect? O.o Or should I try my luck with a grenade again?))
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #1534

*I missed that, sorry.

The remaining rifleman in sight is struck with grenade shrapnel, he falls. All round you the barricade is crumbling; that smoke cover and the wind direction have proven decisive. You still have to advance over the barricade and make sure your section is clear...

Which it isn't. There's (1d10)[9] men on the opposite side hiding in the lee of it, and Jinks is the first up so he pays the price. He's hit badly and falls back down the barricade; he doesn't shout or scream, just grunts and goes down in a heap. This happens right as you all get halfway over the barricade and you get a great view as the men there work bolts and take aim at all of you... D3 shots, some enemies may fire before you do.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-10-22 at 06:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1535
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Wait... So... We're basically jumping over a barricade into a trench, right? There's several feet between us and the ground, right? And I'm jumping, so that will give me an extra bit of airtime, right?

Hmmmm... That might give me time to do something cool... ))

Frenis runs up to and leaps over the barricade, and suddenly finds himself soaring over several Houten who are seconds from shooting him to bits. He lets out a harsh snarl, lowers his weapon, and fires his rifle point blank into the face of the Houten directly beneath him. The man's head explodes, and Frenis' feet land on his shoulders. The sharpshooter rides his corpse to the ground, and promptly bashes the butt of his rifle into the face of the nearest enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

1d3 shots - 1d for using a rifle - 1d for being a sharpshooter = 1d1 to get a hit. But if my one shot kill was against the rules, I'll edit...

Awareness: (1d20+10)[19] to avoid getting clubbed or shot upon landing
    Melee attack: (1d10+13)[19] to bash in a face with his rifle stock.

Again, I'll edit if anything is wrong with my post...

6. - Top - End - #1536

BlackDragon

Poetry

Snarling at the Houten, Poetry empties his trenchgun into them.

Attacks: (1d3)[3], (1d3)[2], (1d3)[1]
    Rerolls: (1d3)[1], (1d3)[2], (1d3)[2]

Fast action: [roll]1d6[/toll]

Extra Attack: [(1d3)[1]
    Reroll: (1d3)[3]

7. - Top - End - #1537

BlackDragon

((I screwed up the fast action roll, rerolling it))

(1d6)[4]

8. - Top - End - #1538
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip swears and rains bullets on the Houten

((Firing from barricade (1d3=3, 1d3=3, 1d3=1, 1d3=3)
    Re-roll (1d3=2)))

9. - Top - End - #1539

((Wot tha... ha ha ha! Lycan you're crazy you b*stard. Ok that's fine for the sheer nuttiness of it - just once for you anyway, no copycats.))

((Also, surprised nobody ducked. Balsy, guys...))

Even in the roaring din of the Houten's last stand Frenis's insane maneuver stands out, killing one rifleman and distracting two others as they move to defend themselves with bayonets from the crazed sharpshooter. Two others fire before the rest of you can, Tyrson is hit and wounded (another -2 melee). Slip's LMG blasts a man apart with negligent ease, Doc and Stinky both blow fist-sized holes through men's chests, Poet's heavy shotgun blows a man onto his back as much with the force of air as the buckshot the rams into him. Through the pain Tyrson fires anyway, snarling as he does, the impact of being hit shifts his aim up that inch that sees a head fly off rather than a torso hole. Curly, Three Pegs, and Tiny all take their tole with their own mottley collection of civilian shotguns.

There are no remaining Houten before you. This lot's bodies fall bloodily in heaps to the ground... Jinks might have been hit, but making the Houten fire and thus requiring them to work bolts is the very reason they died and you didn't.

You can move over the barricade unopposed. Frenis, the little blighter, already is over it. You see the Houten failing off to the left, there's more in the smoke to your right... you can see four, the closest two just noticed you and are shouting warning, they'll aim at you in a second. D3.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-10-22 at 09:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1540
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip's last bullets rip into the unprotected men with lethal effect, and then the gun needs reloading again.

((Passing judgement form on high (1d3=2, 1d3=3)))

11. - Top - End - #1541

BlackDragon

Poetry

Poetry finds the safest spot he can to quickly reload his trenchgun.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Britter; 2008-10-22 at 10:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stinky

Stinky lets go of some more bullets into the advancing pair of Houten. Or at least he tries and catches himself reloading as needed.

Spoiler
    Show

D3's upscaled is D4's right?

(2d4)[3][3](6)
    reload
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

13. - Top - End - #1543
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((If I drop to my knee and fire down the trench, would Poetry be in the way? I would have had the perfect shot, but I don't want to hit my buddy...

If Poetry is in the way, would there be time for me to shout a warning to him so he can drop, and then once he's down I could fire? Or should I just draw my up-close-and-personal weapons?

Also, if I do have chance to fire, what would the Hit Dice be? 1d3, 1d2, or "roll to kill"?))

14. - Top - End - #1544

BlackDragon

((If my chosen actions are considered spectacularly inappropriate, just let me know and I will retract and do something more sedate, like reload the trench gun ))

15. - Top - End - #1545

((Brit, that's a good move though the uneven terrain of a barricade made out of scrapped and bulldozed building materials does make it rather hard. Also, Slip's shooting there. If this was easier ground and Slip wasn't trying to shoot those guys i'd let it roll, but as it is are you sure you don't just want to reload?

Lycan, is he's not charging just take D3 dice. If he is then you'd hit him trying. Greyen is on the money.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-10-22 at 10:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1546
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Okay, then...))

Frenis throws his rifle to the ground, draws his knife, and dashes forward behind Poetry. Anything Poetry leaves standing, Frenis to fix.

Melee: (1d10+15)[22] to get stabby on some Houten.

Err... If Poetry cancels his action, can I redo mine? I don't want to do it without permission...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2008-10-22 at 11:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1547

BlackDragon

((I will save it for better terrain. Editing my post to reflect reload action instead))

18. - Top - End - #1548

((Lycan, you may go ahead and roll shots. From the shot rolls already posted first two Houten are doomed. By the way, there is no trench.

The barricade is scrap building materials shoved into a heap shaped like a rough wall the width of the street, about 1.5m high and some 2m deep. It's extremely crude, put there by a bulldozer. This line is where most of the HMGs that have been hitting you since you got up here have been firing from... and the defence is falling apart with every turn.

19. - Top - End - #1549
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Oh...

Well, the point is, some guys just ran up, and I've already got my rifle in hand. ))

Frenis drops to his knees, and fires into the group of approaching Houten, barely even bothering to aim.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness: (1d20+10)[15] to avoid being caught off guard

Shot 1: (1d3)[1] to shoot a Houten
    Shot 2: (1d3)[3] to shoot another Houten
    Fast Bolt: (1d6)[3] to get an extra shot
    Shot 3: (1d3)[1] to shoot yet another Houten, if applicable

20. - Top - End - #1550

Awkward though it is your gunfire takes the men you can see on the right apart with no chance of retaliation. They're dead. The entire barricade falls to the dvergr onslaught, as do the ones further east of your positions that other companies tackled. For the first time in what feels like hours, nobody is trying to shoot you.

Then, as unwelcome as it is inevitable, you hear the rumble of artillery.

"Take cover, lads! Back to the trench! Get in and keep down!" shouts Klakkr, leftenants picking up the order and repeating it. "Come on! Back, back, into the trench now, c'mon!" they shout and there's a great hurry as everyone else moves to abandon the barricade and fall back.

Jinks is on the ground groaning. He's alive just not healthy, he can't walk. You see two others within a few yards of you as you start to move similarly stricken but you're less certain if they're alive. Helping these guys has no roll... it just takes time, and the artillery barrage is seconds away.

21. - Top - End - #1551

BlackDragon

Poetry

Even though seconds are precious, Poetry won't leave a man behind. He slings Jinks up in a fireman's carry and hoofs it as fast as he can into the trench.

22. - Top - End - #1552
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip similiarly scoops up one of the fallen and hoofs it back to the trench.

23. - Top - End - #1553

Tyrson dives to the floor of the trench.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

24. - Top - End - #1554

Stinky

Stinky hoofs it up to the other fallen and tossing him over in a fireman's carry lopes to the trench.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

25. - Top - End - #1555
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Frenis sceddadles his Dvergr butt back to the trench, one hand on his helmet and the other gesturing wildly for everyone to run. "TAKE COVER!!!"

26. - Top - End - #1556

You hear them as they fall; it's a sound to put gnawing fear in men's bellies and you're not altogether immune. Dvergr are heavy and these guys are no lightweights, you can't run properly with them over your shoulders but you try anyway. The blast, a sound you feel as it thumps through you with painful force, great plumes of dirt rise in the smoke. A closer one. Shrapnel buzzes past and your ears ring. Stink feels something rip into his thigh and he falls in a heap some 10 yards from the trench; he's well and truely awake this time but that leg's not working. Shells fall everywhere, it's not just you... only Stink, Slip and Poet see it because the dvergr they carry slow them. It's the best feeling in the world when Slip & Poet reach the trench... as Slip puts his wounded fellow down gently he trys to tell him he'll be ok, then as the guy slumps forward he sees the back of his head... or the pulped mess that's replaced it, helmet and all. (DC10 nausea). Poet puts Jinks down and is thanked by him, Jinks gets out a leather strip and bites onto it.

27. - Top - End - #1557

BlackDragon

Poetry

Taking a quick look around, Poetry notices that Stinky is no where to be seen. Turning to Slip, he says "I'm gonna go back fer Stinky!" Peeking up over the top of the trench, Poetry spots his fallen comrade and begins to commando crawl out towards Stinky. Upon reaching him, Poetry will drag him back to the trench as fast as he can, trying to keep low as best as he can.

((I must be feeling suicidal...but I just can't leave a man behind...))
    Last edited by Britter; 2008-10-23 at 03:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1558
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip sees the back of the dead dvergr's head and spontaneously elects to return breakfast.

((Nausea check (1d20=6)))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-10-23 at 04:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1559
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Frick, he won't make it!" Frenis growls. He quickly scurries out of the trench and crawls after Poetry, in hopes that two men can get Stinky back to cover twice as fast.

Awareness: (1d20+10)[21] if it will help my chances of not dying in a very shrapnel-icious manner.

30. - Top - End - #1560

Doc Turtlemurdered
    The Doc holds onto his helmet tight and runs for the trench, trying to grab Stinky as he goes.

"I've got Stinky! Get down!"