New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Survivors of the Fallen Ship - Crash Site (IC)

Mithros straitens himself up and introduces himself as wel. "My name is Mithros Tranyth, sorcerer by trade, I whish we could have had this conversation in a comfortable inn, but let us make the best of it. I will lend you whatever help I myself or my magic can muster."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Viol saves the life of the lady using a wand charge: all the survivors are safe now, they just need rest and prologed attentions to get well. The fire, however, is becoming too small for all this people: blankets and a solid shelter is what is needed now.
    Athelon and the other survivors appreciate Hywel's idea: the left wreckage seems to be the one that fits best. It's less damaged, with different cabins inside and maybe easyer to protect from attackers.
    Albrecth and Glankas find metal, but not suitable for weapons: it could be useful for some other tools.
    The newcomer tribesman helps Viol with the wounded, Thomral and Xavorin drag the dead away to give them a quick but necessary burial.
    (OOC: tell where you are taking the deads. You don't find any tool, but one of the survivors that is standing up hands you a shovel)

Everybody is busy at the camp: some are gathering blankets from the canvas, to cover themself and to buit tent for protect the ship hull from the wind;
    someone is burying the deads, someone gathers wood for the fire, someone takes the wounded inside the hull as others build and modify its structure. Someone gathers all the food and the useful stuff he can, taking care of the few animals.

The crash sites is starting to become an organized camp, everybody is doing his part: but the few instrument you found, your wounds and the cold are making everything more difficult.

An hour passes, and some of you start to feel the chilling bite of the cold air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everybody except GimliFett and dman11235 do a Fort saving Throw. I'll consider different bonuses to your save depending on where you are and if you have a blanket or other shelters, so don't worry. If you have a Cold weather outfit or fur clothing with you and you didn't worn it yet, declare it to avoid the saving throw.

The map is updated, the red is the fire.
    Last edited by Caracol; 2008-05-15 at 06:20 AM.

Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

3. - Top - End - #63

thank for the update

Leave the dead here for now, we must concentrate on building a shelter before them. If possible, no one will join them. Says the newcomer, pointing over in between the hulls. We can bury them later, for now we must concentrate on the living. Night grows close. Look in my sled, I have 10 days worth of fire wood, probably 5 days with the large fire we will need. You can also use that canvas to help turn the hull into a shelter. I have some other tools as well, but not for this many, I only packed for myself. We can worry about food and water tomorrow.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Join the PrC creation contest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

Stopping for a moment while removing bodies from the hull Xavorian says Well Brother Wolfman, while I agree with you about burying them later, we still need to get the bodies out of the hull and away from the crash site. As the dead will attract predators. We also need to search the hull to detrmine if there is a way to heat it.

Spoiler
    Show

Fort - (1d20+5)[19]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

5. - Top - End - #65

Upon an accurate examination, you see that the ship is divided in 3 sections:

The lower part is the cargo room, but it's almost empty, and with too low ceiling to allow you to stay comfortable in there (but high enough to store the big crates you found before). Snow filled this area due to the crash.

The middle section is 10 ft above ground, but easy to reach with an easy clim. It has 4 15ftx15ft rooms, and a small corridor in between. The rooms have comfortable beds, but no winter blankets or other valuables or useful items.
    There are no other people inside.

The upper section is the one that Xavorin explored before: other than the captain's room, there are two more rooms, identical to the ones in the middle section. This part need a stair of some sort to be reached easily. There is a large trapdoor in the middle of the corridors, that opens to the ship main bridge, outside. There are a lot of hampen rope here.

This part of the hull is not too damaged after all. It's a bit dangling on one side, and need some adjustments to become a good shelter. You still need to create a system to heat it, and to get furs and warm outfits soon.

The right part of the hull is too damaged to be even considered as a shelter: but it could be a good source of wood to burn and planks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xavorin is not affected by the cold yet.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: Thomral has on a Cold Weather outfit.

Thomral could feel the day becoming colder, but with his outfit, he was fine for a little while longer. Taking each dead body, he would begin moving them to the east, placing them up in a pile one by one, holding back his sadness for the dead with willpower as he continues to move them to one spot, about thirty feet away from the ship. Once they will be in a mass, he will see that burying them will be a horrible task that they cannot do with the closing coldness on them. Therefore, the only other option is...

"We must burn them, and return their bodies to the ash that they rose from when they were born."

Kneeling down, Thomral does a cross gesture at his chest with his right hand as he bows.

7. - Top - End - #67

Viol drapes her bedroll around one of the wounded, hoping that the fire nearby will keep her warm when the adrenalin drops off.

She makes sure that the wounded are felling well and that they are not suffering from the cold.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal roll for checking on the wounded

(1d20+9)[27]

Fort save

(1d20+3)[5]

Lang as a wolfdog should be protected by his fur.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Fort Save (1d20+2)[15]

"He's right. Considering the amount of snow and how high we are the grounds going to be frozen solid, you're not going to be burying anyone, regardless of your reasons. Better to burn them."

9. - Top - End - #69

Albercht

Unhappy at not finding any salvagable metal, Albercht makes his way over to the fire. He'll spend the next while trying to stay warm, and lend a hand if needed. He'll also introduce himself to anyone that seems to be in a talkative mood.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Fortitude Save:(d20+4)[9], I have a Winter Blanket wrapped around myself as well.
    I really ought to do something. But I am already in my pajamas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mine done in MS Paint vs. Gabe's from Penny Arcade

10. - Top - End - #70

Athelon's agrees with the Paladin's remark. Seems like the only thing to do now. A terrible fate they had, but there's no time for sadness now.

Viol continues to assist the wounded: she tirelessly gives medical attentions, and they are recovering quickly, some of them even awake.
    But the cold and the fatigue don't help the druid: she starts to feel chill, and needs to stop.

Spoiler
    Show
    You take 4 nonlethal cold damage due to the cold exposure. You also suffer of mild hypotermia, and therefore you're fatigued (A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.)
    A successfull Heal check could heal the hypotermia.

As Viol sits down to get some rest, Athelon speaks: This, as you can see, is the worst thing that we have to face right now. We could have survived the crash, but cold will take us one by one if we don't gather enough protection. The shelter in the ship could save us, but for how long?
    Then, to everybody than is near the fire: I suggest an hunting mission, to gather enough fur from animals. We need to get it soon, and this day should not be wasted..
    Then he continues: I suggest two groups, so you can take two different directions and spare more time. Remember that we need a lot of fur, so taking with you something that let you move trough the snow with heavy weights is necessary. The new comer's slender is just the thing you need: similar ones could be created with some wood and canvas. Also, remember that we are low on food, and the animals you kill are a source of nourishment like the others.

I'm too old to be useful to you, I'm afraid, but I will keep the wounded warm when you're not here. Some of you can stay here to guard the camp and building the shelter, but the others, please, be quick and gather as many furs you have. We need fur clothes and outfits for everyone.

Then, the elder man kneels down to help Viol recover her strenght.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

I can lead the hunting part, it will be faster if we take my sled. I can take maybe three others if we unload as much as possible. I know of some good grounds near here for caribou.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[19] survival check if needed to know good hunting grounds near here

I I do not know of good hunting grounds near here:

I can lead the hunting party. We can take my sled, it will be faster. I can take at most three people. I do not know of any good grounds in particular around here, but with the sled we will be able to cover more ground and possibly find the grounds faster.

either way:

We might wish to take my portable hut with us, in case we get lost or cut off before night falls.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

I'm avaliable for a hunting party, however I do not have the necessary cloths for it. I think we should search the belongings of dead passangers to see if we can find some suitable cloths and equipment.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Albercht

"I've got some skill at hunting game, and can go with you, Brother," Albercht says to Wolfman. "This terrain is considerably different than the highlands of my home, but a bow works the same no matter where you are."
    I really ought to do something. But I am already in my pajamas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mine done in MS Paint vs. Gabe's from Penny Arcade

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Glankas Deepseeker

The dwarven priest stands, one hand on his pick, the other tugging at his beard. "I'm not much good at hunting, but I'm plenty good in a fight. I can stay or go; whatever's necessary. Plus I have a couple of healing spells available. I'm Glankas Deepseeker, of Thautam, for those of you I've not met yet."
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[15] how close do dusk are we? I'm pretty sure that roll gets it, since the DC can't be high to figure out rough time of day.

If close (within 2 hours): On second thought, night approaches, we may wish to stay and help prepare this crash for night, and we may have to go without very good shelter for one night. I don't think we will be able to return quickly enough.

if more than 3 hours: Unless someone else wishes to come in place of Glankas here, we will depart now. I hope to be back within two hours.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by GimliFett View Post
    Glankas Deepseeker

The dwarven priest stands, one hand on his pick, the other tugging at his beard. "I'm not much good at hunting, but I'm plenty good in a fight. I can stay or go; whatever's necessary. Plus I have a couple of healing spells available. I'm Glankas Deepseeker, of Thautam, for those of you I've not met yet."
    The Paladin walks over, placing a hand onto his shoulder. "Stay, my friend. Take some fire from this fireplace and light the corpses over there."

He points east. "I shall help lead one party. I'm use to hunting animals back in my homeland, so this should be no different. Just a little snow, is all. Who will go with me?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Temil

"I'm no hunter but I have some experience with construction so I'll stay here and work to improve or structure. That said, it seems we are rather quickly giving up on obtaining help, or moving to safety. I recognize that we seem to have landed in a rather desolate area, but certainly Brother Wolfman knows how far it is to the nearest civilization?"

The last statement is more of a question as he turns to look at the unlikely arrival.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

"Should I stay or should I go? If I go there will be trouble, but if I stay it might be double. Either way, I'll follow if you think I'm needed."

OOG: Any word on if I'm allowed my wand of burning hands?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

19. - Top - End - #79

I have been wandering this area for a while now, and the nearest civilization is quite a distance away. It would be best if we settled here until we can arrange for a better traveling method, and so the injured can heal. Right now I do not believe that there is any way to travel besides on foot and a few or my sled. I will get you back to your civilization eventually, I swear it, but for now it is best to remain here. We should at least remain here tonight, and we can discuss what's to come more readily in the morning.

That's a terrible pun btw.

If you feel you can be of use when hunting, you should come, otherwise stay and help with the preparations for the night.
    Last edited by dman11235; 2008-05-15 at 05:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

(1d20+5)[11] have cold weather and winter blanket also near the fire

I've spent time with elfs and learned the way of the bow, but I have near hunted before
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-05-15 at 06:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

21. - Top - End - #81

Spoiler
    Show
    @KingTius: I answered already in the OOC: you can't. If you started without one, you are without one. Sorry.
    You can always craft it, however: I don't use exp penalities, but other systems (I'll explain better in the OOC if you want). Anyway, what about your saving throw?

de-trick: If you have a cold weather outfit on you don't have to perform a save at this temperature.

Post in the OOC character your intentions about what you're going to do: go with the east group, the west group, stay at the camp, do something different.

Also, you still have the nonlethal damage from the fall: you'd better heal yourselves up if you want to go anywhere and not die.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Shouldn't we go over who's in what part here IC, and just decide who's doing what in the OOC?

You should come with me then. I can teach you the ways of the hunt, I am of the age to teach others, but you are too old to under go the rituals. It does not matter much though. We can all learn.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

23. - Top - End - #83

Viol starts to shiver and turns pale.

I need to stay here and take care of the wounded and sick, which now includes me and I needs to stay healthy to be able to take care of all of you.

With shaking hands Viol reaches after her Wand and activates it, she seems to recovered some color in her face.

Spoiler
    Show

Wand of cure light wounds

(1d8+1)[6]

Heal on myself

(1d20+7)[21]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mithros nods and and aproaches the newcommer. ''I will join you then, I am not much of a hunter but I'm a fairly good shot with my crossbow and my magic will undoubtly be of use.''

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude save: [roll]d20+2[roll] I am near the fire and wearing a winterblanket.
    Edit: I made a typo on the roll, I'll repost it in the OOC.
    Last edited by Lansier; 2008-05-16 at 02:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Walter, didn't noticed it. Anyway, that's a failure: both Albrecht and Mithros take 4 nonlethal cold damage and have mild hypotermia by now.
    Yuno is protected enough at this temperature range.

Remember: a blanket and being near a fire gives you a +7 to the roll, but also performing successfull survival checks gives you bonuses that you could apply even to the other's rolls.
    So roll Survival before you leave the camp and every hour spent outside. You should'nt be so vulnerable to cold this way.

The cold already started to become difficult to resist: while the druid heals herself well, recovering her condition, two of you are overwhelmed by the freezing air and need some rest before to leave the camp for hunting.

Xavorin does not find any useful clothes on the deads :the need of fur clothes is becoming vital to the camp's survivors.

Spoiler
    Show
    have you started to burn the deads already?
    Last edited by Caracol; 2008-05-16 at 03:18 AM.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shortly after offering his services and starting his preperation for the trip Mithros suddenly staggers and drops to his knees. "Forgive me, the crash seems to have caught up with me, I will be fine but I shall require some rest before I can go on."

Spoiler
    Show
    Might as wel do it now, Survival: (d20+1)[14]

27. - Top - End - #87

Now when Viol feels alittle bit better she walks slowly around the camp and checks up on everyone.

She notice that both Albrecht and Mithros is very pale and gives them both a little pick-me-up

Spoiler
    Show

Albrecht

Heal

(1d20+7)[21]

Wand

(1d8+1)[2]

Mithros

Heal

(1d20+7)[22]

Wand

(1d8+1)[9]

28. - Top - End - #88

Here, let me help you with the cold, I say to Mithros and Albrect.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[17]: Albrect
    (1d20+9)[17]: Mithros

survival checks to aid them with saves for the next hour, this one to aid with the last person to go east with me, if anyone: (1d20+9)[17]

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

29. - Top - End - #89

Viol's help makes the two humans recover the forces.

Some of the wounded are now awake, and starts to give an hand for setting up the hull and recovering all the useful items. It seems that there's room for everybody, altough you will be a little tight. The other part of the wreckage has a lot of planks suitable for a hut: but there's no time for this by now.

An hunting group is already setting up.

Spoiler
    Show
    @dman11235: you need to roll for Survival once, no need to do it for everyone. Also, three 17? You know that 17 is the "unlucky" number here in Italy ?

I'll make a larger map to show you where is the crash site and other notable locations.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

Looking around the camp, Xavorin says looks like we only have enough for one hunting party, I'd join but I fear I would only slow you down. I Think I will stay and help get this shelter set up. The quicker we can get it set up the better chance everyone has of suriving. As he hands over the maps and navagiation tools to the hunting party, he says He you may find these usefull, good luck bring back lots of furs and meat.Looking at the mountains on either side of him, Xavorin says I think we should prepare a group to explore these mountains to see if there are any useful caves.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show