New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Ark 3.0

Ark seems to be ever so slightly taken aback at the quick display of affection he is the target of. But only for an instant as he slowly whispers back into her ear. The soft skin of his hands pressing ever so slightly against her back.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Voyeur-prohibited )
    Spoiler
    Show
    "None as of yet, dear Awlruts. Why, if I didn't know better, my hands would lose themselves in there."

He smiles lightly, slowly detaching his hands from her back, the god's eyes shining, ever so slightly flattered by the attention he was receiving. His green gaze look upon her time and again, obviously appreciating the gentle curves of the Goddess of Lust. However, a surge of pride and perhaps responsibility as he thinks of his followers seems to suddenly course through him, making him shift over to the side to see Awlrut's facial features.

Maybe that was all that would happen between two gods of lust: Playing hard to get and teasing the other. For eternity? Sounds like a long time.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-31 at 09:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 3.0

Looking up into his eyes and his into hers as they further shift into shades of blue thought impossible. Her lips full but not overbearing, his cheeks red with life, and her eyes sharp with a gaze to pierce souls. Moving her body around to face Ark her wickid grin was back, dancing away teasing him with twists and wirls each promising but never delivering a show of herself. Then finishing a twirl facing him she flung one arm up and one arm down her grin wided now -her eyes showing a hint of lament- and she spoke clear "Maybe some other time my dear one" before snaping both her fingers and disapearing leaving a faint outline of herself in rose petels.

Reapearing in the center of her room she fell about lauhing with mad ferver. "I daren't thought that would work! I truly am going to enjoy this place!" she declared before lying down on her quickley changing throne. Sitting up again after she finished her maddening giggles, she remembered the fussy-ones words. Primitives. Teach. Oh have I got something to teach them! Jumping away from her seat she charged off in a direction for a moment before realising. How the heck do I get to them. Can't go back out, it would ruin the effect. "Damnit!" she declared.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does she get instinctive knowledge of how to use her avatar and scrying pool (which she hasn't noticed yet). She already has learnt about her power here, and is bloody pleased with it.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-05-31 at 10:17 AM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.0

Plamal decides to look in all of the rooms he can, taking the form of a wolf as he did so. He was careful to make sure that he could hear any objections anybody had.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 3.0

Forneus is busy and distracted and lets Plamal know his company is not desired (and denying him passage into the room).

5. - Top - End - #275

Ark 3.0

He breathes uneasily as he watches her dance about and twirl, deliberately trying to entice his senses. His attempts at keeping a passive stance quite useless, his eyes captured by her luscious movements.

As she disappears, he does feel a hint of regret and disappointment, feeling like he would've appreciated seeing her some more before she retired. He grabs one of the petals from the floor, chuckling to himself. Interesting girl.

He walks back to his room, pulling aside the curtains and then sees Plamal as he asks whether it is alright to come in. He nods with a yes and lets him explore his room, forbidding him to go near his Avatar or the scrying pool. (See Immortal status thread for a description of the room)

He then walks towards his avatar and gives him an object.

"I am about to scry, I would like you to leave the room now."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

At turn 3.0, Ikeklos' room is not occupied. Unfortunately, Ikeklos' attention is, so it does not object to Plamal's investigations.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first evident thing about Ikeklos' room is that It's darn cold. The temperature in there is around 20 Kelvin. Apart from that, it's much as the description in the immortal status thread says, although I need to update that with the lists I've been mentioning.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 3.0

Krixal emerges from his meeting with Tek and Ardannis. He is surprised to see some unfamiliar faces.

Hello there! I am Krixal, God of Fire! Heh, that never stops being fun to say.

Anyways, I'm sure my companions will have explained the basic way of things around here. If anyone needs me I should be back later, there are species out there who still do not know of fire!

Krixal retreats to his room, and is putting his new tunic on his avatar, and generally getting ready to return to the material plane, when Plamal comes knocking.

Yes, come in! Have a look around if you wish, I hope you don't mind the warmth!

Krixal follows Plamal around his room, showing him anything he asks about, but also watching him very carefully. Once Plamal leaves, Krixal walks over to the largest brazier, and watches as it swirls down and becomes his viewing pool.

Krixal decides to visit the Oque this round.

Spoiler
    Show
    A complete description of Krixal's room can be found in the immortal status thread, with the exception of his avatar wearing a red tunic, and a belt much like Krixal's (actually, the avatar is dressed exactly like Krixal now). Note that Krixal's viewing 'pool' looks nothing like such when it is not in use. If Plamal asks about his viewing pool, he indicates the large brazier in the middle of the room, but doesn't demonstrate.
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Entrance to the Tek's room is blocked by a large number of thick silver cables. A ring-bell is present, but any rings remain unanswered.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-05-31 at 01:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

You would get no objections at first, but if you make it to her central chamber through the maze of silk curtains she will, although after you demonstrate your not a wolf and one of the immortals she will carry on what ever dabuached act you found her doing.

Awlruts, 3.1

Finishing the acts of unnatural copulation she more the probably was involved in she begins to hunger to see these "primitives". Floating through her domain, enjoying the scenes being played out and marveling at the weapons of war and lust that adorned her walls as she passed through, evetully reaching her door, if a silk curtain could be called a door. Moving through and out into the main chamber she first noticed the small lights coming from the doors, Seven red. Eight Blue. Two have no light yet. Interesting.

Turning to the table after examing the lights with her glance she glides over to the table her silks flowing behind her in elegent paterns. I should make some silks for that naked me. She thought. Easy enough, it seams as if I can do anything here. She judges looking to the pile of petals she had left behind before willing them to dance around her, as if caught in a breeze. Looking to the table for the first time she saw the map straight away, looking over the table slowly and gently tracing a finger acorss it edge. "Whats this? Words." She mumbled under her breath as she read the record of what has happened since this apparantly stuffy Ripik and the more interesting Falenra appeared. Making a thought, a desicion, that Felenra seams to have a much better idea. If we interfere too much, they could grow clingy, if we don't make our presence known, we can never teach them. Plus, the end of all this seamed far too much to risk. And with that thought, her newest desicion a ruby apeared upon her curtain, and a red light shone outwars and connected it to the map.

Looking now up and around wondering where this Felenra, and this stuffy Ripik were, probably behind one of those doors. Maybe for later, she thought, first lets get a real good look at this map.

Spoiler
    Show
    She is trying to make sure she knows where things are and where (if they are on the map) the primitives the cold one spoke of. If Either Ripik or Falenra speak to her she will be startedled but eventully accepting, she will try and learn as much as possible before she goes down. She will spend all of turn 3.1 reaserching the map (and maybe talking to the Voiceless Ones) untill 3.2 when she will head of to try manifesting.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-05-31 at 02:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: It all moves too fast!)

Outer Plane, 3.05-3.1

There's another minor shakeup, as yet another door appears on the left side, from which Eriond emerges, but it barely starts before it's contained. As Awlruts starts looking at the central map, words appear on either table edge.

First another quake, more pain, and then I have to connect another to the world. Ah well, at least she seems interesting. Hey Awlruts, welcome to the team.
    Oh? Well, you are quite welcome for stopping the quake, ungrateful slip of a girl.
    Oh, right, thanks.
    At least things seem to be running here without us. Welcome, all. I have to say though, I'm starting to lose track of who said what. Wait, I have an idea...

With that, the archive on the sides of the table disappears.

Ah, there we go. Clean slate. I'll start remembering from here then, and if anyone needs to see the old words, they're in my room, in the books.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

11. - Top - End - #281

I'll RP her first encounter with the Voiceless Ones.

Awlruts, 3.1

"GAH!" She explains as she moves back a bit from the table as words apeared on the edges. Slowly moving forwards and and seeing the words disapear and reapearing forming new ones she realises these must be the two others. Shaking herself down trying to forget her moment of startlement. "Hey. So you're Ripik, and Falenra. Sorry about the stress. I think now that I've got a connection I'll try doing some stuff down their." She turns her silk and rose petals floating about her, turning her head round to speak an aside "Sorry for leaving you with that fussy git. Got stuff to do with my avatar." She says teasing Falerna slightly, before heading into her room.

Ounce again at her center she begins searching for her scrying pool, she now realised that the naked woman standing by her throne was her avatar, not bad, could do with some clothes but that can come later. The scrying pool first. Looking around her central chamber could see it plain as day, crystals, thousends of them collected into a surface surrounded by red and blue silk. I like it. Most ineresting. Disapearing into a burst of rose petals, these petal then flew over and recombined to create her form. I don't think this can ever be said too much. I love it here. Concentrating her gaze on the pool of crystal she began to get a picture of the land below, -Was it below? Or was it up? I like sideways, next to us- aside us she corrected herself. Scanning across the land she began the hunt for these primitives.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will continue this till turn 3.15.

12. - Top - End - #282

Ardannis, Turn 3.00

As Tek enters Ardannis' room to travel to the Niddog, Ardannis looks up with a grin. Ready, then? Excellent! Just a moment - I think I'll need to come get you for you to be able to find your way up here. Just as he reaches Tek, he face changes, and he seems to be listening. After a moment, he speaks, concern on his face. Tek, I am ashamed to change our plans, but is it possible you could rearrange them slightly? I must go see to the Oque I befriended, and I fear that it is urgent. I am still greatly interested in your aid with the Niddog, but while that is important, this is urgent, if perhaps more minor. Would you object greatly to that change?

Turn 3.69

As they prepare to go to visit the Sume, Ardannis picks up a plain, well-made oak staff and twirls it intricately between his front four arms. This staff should make a wonderful prize for the Sume - I've imbued some of my power into it, to lead its holder to a nearby source of food once a day. It also makes travel easier. With your medals and this, we should be able to gather much interest in a contest. Is Krixal coming?

Remembering how Tek changed size to visit the Niddog, he asks Tek, how were you able to change the size of your copy when we visited the Niddog? It seems a useful skill to learn.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's basically suggesting a slight delay, say .1-.3 of a turn. It would basically move your unscheduled time to the beginning of this turn, rather than the end. Sorry about being flaky, but you know how it is with those pesky mortals - they pray and actually expect swift results!

I saw you already posted with the Niddog - I think all that would need would be a change of the Turn number to be a little later. Again, sorry for the short notice.
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-05-31 at 04:06 PM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

13. - Top - End - #283

Awlruts, 3.2

Finishing her observance of the primitive she identifies several of these creatures she thinks could make best use of her teaching. Spinning around and turning to her avatar she frowned, "Damn. I forgot she has no clothes." Turning and sitting on her throne she begins to think, Right. So we need clothes, something like what I have right now. Perhaps I can make it better. Give this rather plain version of me some of my true beauty! I'm brilliant! Jumping up a bit too quick and finding herself teleporting herself a few feet away in a fwoosh of rose petals.

I'll need fabric she thought, and almost at ounce a table apeared with all the fabrics she could want, in all the colours possible, and a few that should not strictly exist. This. Is going to be alot of fun, she think moments before diving into the fabrics, sewing one end to another, each stich she can feel more of her power draining into this creation of hers. Her hands quickly become a blur, as more silk fabric consumed in the creation of her new dress, yet the supply never dwindling.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek arrives to the Outer Plane with a sense of urgency.

First he crafts a Sphere of Telepathy. A gelatinous, greenish sphere, giving away a slight odor of cheese. Its power is to imbue Karksh with increased range of telepathy.

He seeks out Goddess Sedha, of Darkness and Mercy.

Tek speaks to her “Greetings Sedha, of Darkness dominion. I heard of your deeds in the world of mortals and wanted to tell you of place where you are needed. In the waters of the ocean, live Karksh. Their society is about to split, and a group of Karksh wishes to travel away from the rest. But the majority doesn’t wish to spare food for their travel, which they consider folly. Those who wish to leave are determined to go without food, but they surely perish from hunger and predators. Could you perhaps reason with the majority and ask them to spare, just a little bit. The Karksh are peaceful creatures, and hold me in some esteem. I’d introduce you, so you don’t need to fear.”
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-05-31 at 05:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha allows Tek into her room, and listens to his proposition. "Very well. We cannot allow the creatures to starve. I am not sure quite how I can be of assistance, but I will do my best. Perhaps you could tell me more of these kraksh and the nature of their journey?"

((I will read the kraksh thread. However, I will try not to let that effect Sedha's actions unless Tek tells her.))

16. - Top - End - #286

((Thelonius, could you respond to Ardannis' post that's two above yours?

Sorry for the OOC, I'll delete this as soon as I get a response from Thelonius.))
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

17. - Top - End - #287

Kranolk: Turn 3.0

Kranolk returns to lair to ponder his successes and failures with the Sume and Zygon. He paces the jungle, as he is wont to do, and can not see any reason for either. He did the same thing both times, and it worked for one and not the other. Maybe he had not observed them well enough.

He finds the puddle that he uses for scrying and sits down to watch the remaining races. He watches for a little, noticing the spidery little Oque and the strangely amorphous Karksh in the water, but realizes that he cannot see anything from here. He knows he must return to the world and speak to them, help them hunt better, but decides that he would do better if he had some better way of hunting himself.

He is expert at stalking and killing up close, but as of now, he has no way of killing from afar. He figure he shold remedy this if he is to be truly the greatest hunter in the world, and searches out a long straight staff. He finds one, and pares it down to a point with his knives. He tests the point on one arm, and it draws a bright red bead of blood. He grins and hefts it to feel its weight. It feels good and he wishes he could take it with him to the inner plane, but he is still weak from its creation, and he knows it would do well to continue to soak in the magic of his room for some time longer.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

18. - Top - End - #288

Awlruts, 3.3

Looking down at her new creation she lifted it up and placed it upon her avatar, looks about the same as mine. All that energy it soaked up seams to take time to work. Now content with her explanation of the strange ineffectiveness her new creation seems to have, she then turn to look if it at least looks like hers, checking each part and finding it to her satisfaction she gestured to her spear, at once it appeared in her hand forced her avatar to grasp her spear she then turned to look at the bracelet already on it. Strange, I know them. My bracelets of lust! Quickly her mind made the connection between the bracelet and its power.

"Right. You look about all set. I wonder if I can control down there like up here. All in time." She spoke to herself, the orgy surrounding her not missing a beat (or a thrust to be exact) despite her movements. About to walk over to her Crystal Pool she stopped for a moment, she had a thought. She needn't walk anywhere here, so why should she! Willing herself in front of her Crystal Pool, she disappeared and reappeared in her fashion, she then began to look very pleased about herself. I'll get the hang of this place, and soon this aside place too, she thought drifting slightly but quickly catching herself before she fell into some whim, thinking only of the prize, mastery of the aside and the here! Concentrating on her pool she searched again for those creatures with forest homes, "Ah-HA!" She exclaimed as she found a smallish village, "Nice and small to start with, can't be too sure how they'll react my my Magnificence." Then she concentrated on a spot a small way away but close enough to not get lost willing her avatar to move, to live, to teach!

Spoiler
    Show
    And away I go! Off to the realm of The Sume! So i22!
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-05-31 at 07:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bile, turn 3.0
    The dirt-spawn thought carefully about its experiences with the Karksh. First, it realized it would need a way to properly demonstrate its powers, as words are not enough, and its current miracles do not work effectively under the water. Rather than focusing on creating simply another miracle, the dirt-spawn decided to try and make something more permanent, as so many of the others had.

As such, it decided that the most effective way to demonstrate the benefit of its powers (even to those that don't understand the concept of spoilage), the dirt-spawn decided to create a sort of "salt of preservation"--a bag filled with a salt-like substance, that could be used to prevent food mixed with this substance from spoiling--or at least, keep it from spoiling for a very long time. This power would have to work underwater, of course, otherwise it would be useless at the moment.

It concentrated, trying to form a bag of such substance from the energies of the outer plane it now dwelled in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Salt of Preservation, minor artefact
    This minor artifact consists of a small bag of poorly-sewn leather, filled with pure-white granules that resemble salt. If a handful of granules is removed from this bag, and scattered over a small amount of a non-living organic substance, the substance will become immune to biological spoilage regardless of the environment its kept it. Fire, chemicals, dirt, and the digestive tracts of living organisms will effect it normally. This bag contains an infinite number of handfuls of this salt, but it must be taken out in small handfuls, rather than poured.

Turn 3.1
    After his somewhat less than successful trip to visit the Karksh, Bile decides to try again, and returns to Karksh domain.
    Last edited by Wizzardman; 2008-05-31 at 11:17 PM.
    Tallest member of the fanclub.

Orc-y member of the Therkla fanclub.

Spoiler
    Show
    \"Run away!\"&&-------------Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Kill Pelor. Problem solved!"----Mewtarthio

"Voldemort: Avad-- chhkttt
    Vader: I find your lack of hygiene disturbing.
    Voldemort: *dies*."---Tirian

Quote Originally Posted by Bears With Lasers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    How many hit points would an earth-sized planet have?
    All of them.

20. - Top - End - #290

Mandak, 3.2

Mandak emerges from his room, crosses the common room to visit Forneus, and then seals himself inside his own room once again.

After returning to his own chamber Mandak ponders for a while. What will be the best way to make known his power over the earth? After a time, he decides, and focuses his will on the staff quickly forming itself out of the nearby crystals. He is pleased with his work, and leaves it to solidify.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rod of the Liquid Earth (lesser, 2)
    This beautifully crafted crystal staff has the power to displace 64 cubic feet of ground, 3 times per turn. The displaced ground moves onto the ground in the surrounding area, much as a fluid.

Once finished, he goes to the pool, and gazes into it, looking for more Primitives in need of his aid. Finally, his gaze settles on the four-armed Sume, and he is gone from the chamber once more.
    Last edited by SithLackey; 2008-05-31 at 10:58 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 3.1

Having returned from his first meeting with the Oque. Krixal decides to see how his teachings in the Niddog community have spread. He redirects his attention, and manifests his avatar in the campfire of the Burnt One.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now with handy asbestos tunic!
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 3.0

Tek:
    when tek knocked at Tirus' door he answers “ what may I help you with?” at which tek answers “I greet you honored Tirus, of Tools dominion. Could do me a favor? I require a tool, which only you could make. A Magnifying Lens, with which i could examine objects in tiniest detail. Is it possible for you to craft such item?” Tirus replies “ well I believe I could hmm... yes just do that and put tha... ok yes I'm pretty sure i can. But why do you ask for one? Have you tried to make one yourself? And when do you need it by? Because I have a lot of stuff to do. Thanks for the id.. e... a... “ after noticing the chat on the table he asks “ well i do have one question could you do something for me?” without waiting for tek to respond he asks “ you, Krixal and Ardannis it looks like are getting the sume to compete with each other. Would you mind if I joined you and offered a prize to the most clever sume? “

Turn 3.02
    After Tirus finishes speaking with Tek he leave to pay a visit to the sume.
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

(OCC - Sorry for the delay harmonictempest. I was on the road and then Karksh ate up my time before I fell asleep. I've made the post for the Niddog.)

Tirus

Tek considers Tirus’es offer. “It is possible. But some Immortals are already planning to give a prize to the victor. You should think of some specific challenge to the Sume. At this moment this should make three different contests with three prizes. For the sake of impartiality I suggest the contests to be judged by all contributing Immortals (Tek, Tirus, Ardannis and Krixal).”

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

Tirus smiles “ I will leave the judging of the smartest and the strongest to you. I wish to prize the most Utilized. My prize will be for the sume that utilizes there resources and I will make there item in there vision. If we are agreed I will begin to pass the word of this event.“ Tirus begins to move to his room in a deep thought with his hand on his chin. (if Tek wishes to stop him and say anything further he will stop.)
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.05

As there came no direct answer to his question, Eriond decided to take a look at the large table in the centre room - it looked pretty important.
    "What's this...? A map of some sort?" he mused, as he neared it.
    When he noticed the writings on the table, he looked around once again, searching for the person who had inscribed the text.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for late response and small post. I'm having some trouble with internet, so I'm typing this away from home.
    - When danger reared it's ugly head, it bravely turned it's tail and fled.
    Ah, the Socratic Method. The best way we have of teaching everything-apart from juggling chainsaws.

On an unrelated note, please click this link to support me in one of those fun browser games!

Beautifully detailed Rob avatar by Z-Axis

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

"Then we are agreed" answers Tek to Tirus. The movement of the room unsettles Tek a bit, but being a guest in other's domain he doesn't mention it.

"I stand for efficency and progress. Let the best of the Sume's creativity and skill be shown and rewarded. Then they'll progress faster and honor us for that."

"I have urgent matters to attend at the mortal plane, so I would take my leave. We'll meet at Sume's territory as the time comes."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.7

Plamal puts the image of each of the new immortals above their doors, feeling slightly embarrassed that he hadn't done it before. Plamal took the form of a woodpecker as he knocked on the water god's door.

28. - Top - End - #298

Tumine Barok

Turn 3.7
    Plamal gets no response from Tumine when he knocks, though the door is not locked.

Turn 3.9
    Tumine spends this time attempting to infuse the power of her Create Water miracle into a small seastone, a simple gray stone with a blue stripe through the middle. (OOC; she's crafting the Pebble of Precipitation)
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sometime after turn she and Tek return from the Karksh, she knocks on Tek's door.

If admitted, she looks at Tek. "From what I have seen of your actions, you have very similar goals to mine, and I am in a situation where I require your assistance.

"Perhaps you have already encountered the Oque. Though they can hear eachother, they cannot detect any conventional sound. In fact, they refuse to believe that conventional sound exists. This endangers them greatly, as, despite my best efforts, I have nothing with which to give them proof of it's existence, so they, naturally, take me for insane.

"I have tried to make a device that would translate the sounds in the surrounding area to something they could hear as a gift for the group of Oque, capable of being carried for the creatures, and preferably capable of being turned off. However, I clearly am not capable of such a venture.

"I was wondering if you could perhaps create such an item for me to give to the Oque that I interacted with earlier, so that my earlier teachings would not go to waste, and so that the traveling band can spread the knowledge to the rest of the Oque. I will give you credit for your creation of the item if it is received well, as well as take blame for it if it frightens them. In addition, if you wish for me to create any device for you as well, or to provide any other assistance, within reason, I would be more than happy to do so in exchange.
    "

30. - Top - End - #300

Ardannis

Ardannis clears his head, returning his thoughts to the Outer Plane. Wandering around the common room for some time, he marvels at how quiet it has become with so many Immortals busy on the Inner Plane. He spends a few days taking naps in the common room and thinking on the species he's met so far. Suddenly realizing he needs to meet Tek with the Niddog, he walks back to his room and returns to the Inner Plane.

Once he returns, Ardannis spends a day creating a staff like the one he has, but with slightly different abilities,to present to the Niddog if all went well. As he finished, he remembered his Oque, and thought of things he had forgotten to say. Realizing he still had a day or two before meeting the others for the Sume festival, he quickly sent his avatar back to the Oque to check on them briefly.

Having been back from the Oque for a few days, Ardannis hears a stirring in the common room. Pausing his exploration of a corner of his room, he goes to find Tek and Tirus waiting for him. With a quick explanation of Tirus joining their little party, they all manifested on the Inner Plane to begin their preparations. Leaving his new creation behind, Ardannis takes his first staff to present to the winner.