New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Gandoran

"Perhaps we are all just pawns in a cosmic game." Gandoran said, leaning against his door and listening to the entire conversation before responding. He said his piece wistfully, not paying much attention to the mass of flesh. "I don't know about you lot, but I believe in order to have war you must have stability. Total destruction will not bode well for my purposes." He continued, walking over to Ark.

"Ark, eh?" He said at length. "We may be able to help each other. You want them to.. reproduce, correct? Well, I always need more bodies for my wars.. I think this job as Gods was made for us. We are powerful and should be able to exert our will as we please, no? But civility and order is much better then the random rot of some.." He paused, watching the line. "But our time is short. Lets go visit our new minions, shall we?" He finished, muttering his agreement with Falenra and going toward his room.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 1.8 and later

The flame door of Forneus' room disappears momentarily and the immortal wisps through in his smoke shape, floating toward the ceiling. He completely ignores Kaba'al's entrance, much like he ignored the entrance of every single immortal who entered after him.

After Sedha says his "pot plant" line Forneus bursts into laughter. After he calms down a bit, still seemingly gasping for air he says:
    Oh come on now, I'm pretty sure SOME of us would still be left.. He grins for some time afterward, obviously entertaining the thought.

Forneus dismisses all of the verbal assault against him with indifference. The only exception is Falenra, where Forneus grins at the table and says:
    I was hoping for a bit more empathy, especially after fixing your mind... table imp. Forneus seems a bit concerned after Falenra refuses to give them entry to the world, but the moment after Ripik gives his suggestion, Forneus is already volunteering to get his pool activated.
    Just a few things to get then..., Forneus runs back in his room.

As Krixal calls him out, Forneus exits once more, however he does not seem to carry his bow and his shape seems leaner. Contest? Contest?! We finally end our search for meaning and we find answers, ready and waiting for us to come and take them in our hand... And you still wish to compete?. Forneus stares at Krixal for a disturbingly long time, then retreats back in his room.

The immortal stares at the map forming at his flaming pool and is lost deep in thought for what seems to be hours (taking a closer look, as close as possible, at the races to discern their nature). There is one obvious... painfully obvious answer to the question that is on his mind. But the obvious answer is not always the best one.

In the end, this is a mistake I'm willing to make, Forneus growls and he focuses on i22. He concentrates on the easternmost point near a relatively large settlement, where the vegetation is not so dense and would allow him to be seen from far away.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-28 at 03:55 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek speaks to Falerna: “I understand your caution and fear of idiotic destruction, but progress does require blood, so its fruits would be ripe. And I wouldn’t underestimate those filthy savages either.”

Tek reaches to the Ripik’s offer and a blue line follows to his door.

Tek overhears the Gandoran’s words and speaks to him: “You are most sensible. Let the colored lines not divide us”

(Tek observed the tiled map carefully and chose k17 as his destination point)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

End of Turn 1!

The turn ends! Those who have spend energy on making artefacts or researching miracles find that energy to have been restored.

Chose a side (red or blue), and then your scrying pool will activate. After that, you can concentrate on manifesting your avatar in the world. You have to put any artefacts you want your avatar to carry on the avatar before manifesting it. During this time, your Immortal must completely dedicate all your concentration on it in the Outer Plane and can not do anything else. You can stop manifesting with some period of concentration, in which time your Avatar can do nothing. This is to re-shift your focus from the Inner Plane to the Outer Plane, after which your avatar de-manifests. You can then, at any point, manifest your avatar again.

The map with species: http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3...inishedaq4.jpg
    The Karksh, k17: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81579
    The Oque, m19: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81500
    The Niddog, o17: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81534
    The Sume, i22: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81518
    The Zygon, l21: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81543
    No man's land, the rest of the world: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81501
    Check the Species Status Thread for descriptions of each of the species.

Turn 2 starts now!
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-28 at 03:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 2.1

Plamal leaves his room and then reads the transcript breifly. Plamal goes to Falenra, changing into the form of a dove as he flies back to his room. Plamal looks at his scrying pool and then focuses on his avatar to try and get it at the Oque.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek retreats to his private forge. He crafts a new artifact Mask of Benevolence. Then he proceeds to put on his Avatar. (Two Medals of Tek remain in Outer Plane).

Tek observes the five species through the scrying pool. Then he decides to visit 3 locations: k17, o17 and i22. (in that order)

(Corrected second location to o17)
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-05-28 at 02:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

Gandoran

Gandoran outfits his avatar in his armor and sword and concentrates full force on i22.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ark

"We may be able to help each other. You want them to.. reproduce, correct? Well, I always need more bodies for my wars.. I think this job as Gods was made for us. We are powerful and should be able to exert our will as we please, no? But civility and order is much better then the random rot of some.."

Ark ponders for a few moments, looking at Gandoran for a while. He nods his head slightly.

"Indeed we have things to gain from each other. Though your words of using them as bodies make me shiver. If you would build an idea of a civilisation with me, I intend to focus my efforts on the Zygon. You will find me in my room if you wish to speak."

He looks towards Falenra's writing and pledges his powers to her cause and ideas. He then moves to his room, closing his eyes, he opens the curtains with one hand and slips inside. Going to the scrying pool, he focuses his powers. His avatar slowly seems to fade as his own concentration increases, and then finally completely disappears.

All of Ark's attention is now on l21, with the Zygon. (or k21, as it looks on the map)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 2.1

Krixal seems to be bemused by Forneus's lack of a desire to compete.

Very well then, I suppose that there is merit in what you say, but don't think you have gotten out of our contest!

Krixal turns on his heel and enters his wall, pulling the bell pull in after him.

Inside..
    Spoiler
    Show
    ..Krixal gazes into the vortex of flame that is his scrying pool.

I suppose that that would make sense. But if he thinks...

After muttering to himself (or his avatar) for a while, Krixal seems to find what he's looking for.

It's a group of Zygon that are currently engaged in the manipulation of fire. (if no such group exists, he will wait until he sees one doing so)

Excellent, wouldn't want to miss an entrance!

Krixal begins concentrating on being next to that group (somewhere in k21) He seems to know what to do, much the way he understood the internal process of making his pouches real.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-28 at 03:52 PM. Reason: removing metagame knowledge
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #220

Ardannis

*first post got eaten, sorry if this post is shorter but I have less time now*

Excitedly scurrying around the table, Ardannis takes in the map and new instructions, chittering exuberantly and barely stoppig long enough to ask for Ripik's help. Following the thread of blue light through the dizzying maze in his room to a large pair of French windows, he draws back the curtain and stares for a long time before making his choice.

Spoiler
    Show
    o17, m19, and k17 (Niddog, Oque, Karksh), in that order, please. While the avatar's away, can he work on an artifact or spell, or does he need to stay focused on the Inner Plane for now?
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha emerged from her door once again, and eyed the past dialogue sadly.

"Ripik, I wish you hadn't done this. I appreciate your desire for progress, but the concept risking lives to cause progress simply disgusts me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the concept, but I am afraid for these creatures, and they could quite possibly have achieved progress on their own. However, what is done is done, and I want you to know that, in bonding the contract with Falenra, I hold nothing against you.

"The same goes for you Falenra. While I currently agree more with your outlook than that of Ripik, I will seek to provide progress to these creatures as well, but for the purpose of protecting them and preserving their lives, and to counteract the others among us who would oppose it.
    "

A red line travels from the table to her door.

"Now, if you will excuse me, I have much work to do."

With that, she follows the line through her door, and concentrates in front of her new scrying pool.

[spoiler] Sorry, I don't have time to make decisions about who to visit yet. I'm GMT -8, so it's almost time for me to leave for work. I think I might be able to get something in by five hours or so. If not, ten hours. 0_0

I apologize in advance to the GMs, and I hope that such a horribly delayed post of my future actions won't interfere with anything on the their parts.[spoiler]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 2.1

Ikeklos already leaped, oddly enough, at the opportunity to go to the planet. It did not pause to do much, beyond review the blue landscape quickly. It had suspicions about this place, a nagging worry, a phobia, stemming from knowledge it had, but had never seen till now.

Ikeklos Materializes in K17, to meet these Water-Dwellers...

Turn 2.5

Ikeklos finds itself back in its room, upon its frozen throne. Gazing at the pool in front of it, it considered its first move.
    The obvious part was evident; at least for now, this world was far warmer than it was accustomed to. Even in the depths, it had had felt the creeping heat.
    Ikeklos picked up its avatar. Spindly thing, and yet, it felt... affection for it. Perhaps it could grant it an element of itself, to hold the chill properly...
    A fierce gale lashes at the avatar, carrying shards of sleet. It swirls around the avatar, covering it like a ... a... Thick Frosting.
    For reasons beyond Ikeklos' comprehension, it felt amused. Still, the task at hand was the primary concern. It continued, crafting an Armor of Ice around its avatar.

13. - Top - End - #223

Tumine Barok

Well, I suppose that answers my question, Tumine says as everyone leaves. She follows suit, heading back into her room, and once more concentrates deeply on her pool, but this time, she finds that she can go all the way in to the world...

Tumine visits the Karksh on turn 2.1, the Oque on turn 2.5, and the Zygon on turn 2.9.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Turn 2.99

Tek approaches Ardannis: “I come with a proposition to you, Ardannis of Travel dominion. You are skilled with ways of travel and I have skill with symbols. Why don’t we work together a little?”

“In the forests there are spidery creatures, Niddog. They live by gathering, traveling trails to their food. You could help them in scouting trails to new food sources. And I can mark the trails you scout with my symbols.”

“You will receive their gratitude. As for me, I hope they would adopt my symbols for their use.”

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Turn 1.9
    Arasylon grew bored of the banter in the room and retired to his Tavern. He was intrigued with the mug of ale that he couldn't drain and wanted to make a new one. He found a wineskin hanging from one of the chairs in the tavern and pulled it down. He concentrated his desire on it,the feeling he had whenever his mug was filled. Suddenly the skin felt... different. He held its opening to his lips and wished for Ale. Nothing. He tried again and hopes for some wine. Nothing. He stared at it unhappily and hoped that the damned thing would spit out anything... even water. He help it once more to his lips... and pure clean water flowed out. He could make it give him juice, milk and who knows what else. Arasylon had the feeling as long as it was something that would be drunk normally, and not alcoholic it would produce it. He named this handy piece of magic the Vagabond's Wineskin and hung it from a wall.

Turn 2.1

After his work in the tavern Arasylon returned to the common room to find an argument between the two body-less entities. He stared at it pensively on one hand he was offered the adventure of shaping the future of sentient races. Apparently the drunkard was a god now. The other entity however pointed out that intervention could do more harm then good.

"Choice is the beauty of life."

A red line shot from the central room to the tavern where Arasylon once more removed himself to. The line traced itself to the hat he normally used to collect tips as he peered inside he saw no gold coin but the world that the inner room map had shown. He stared and listened intently, there was no music, but there was something close. He instinctively knew what to do. He looked about the tavern till he located a small boy, a younger version of himself. He lifted the lad and placed him in the back of a small horse cart (why the cart was inside Arasylon hadn't bothered to ask) he put his Magic Fiddle in the kid's lap and almost as an afterthought slung the wineskin over his shoulder. He patted him kindly on the head (the kid didn't react to anything) and stared once more into the hat. When he located the quasi-musical area the image clarified into a lush patch of forest, and the huts of the Niddog race.

16. - Top - End - #226

Kranolk:Turn 2.1
    Receiving no response from Falenra, Kranolk goes back to experimenting with his dummies and his newfound power. Eventually he bores and returns to the inner room, after the lines in the sand have been drawn.

Surprised to see the rooms so empty, he reads the table. "It is just like we were discussing, Falenra. They all want to kill each other, and they'll drag this world into it to serve themselves. These creatures don't matter to them, except as far as they can use them. I'll join you, to stop them from destroying these things. If they needed them that would be different, but the cat doesn't need a rodent for anything more than a meal, and that's not what those like Forneus want."

He turns and heads into his room. Before he enters his now red door, he smiles and shakes his head. "Me on the other hand, I'm hungry."

He crawls through his door and tries to find that pool, in which he saw the flash of something earlier. He finds the path that he follows, and stalks through the same path, scrambling through the briars, and climbing hills as he had before. Finally he finds it, and now it gives a view like the map on the table, but real. He tries to find those who are the strongest hunters, and consequently the worst prey. Finally he makes up his mind which to seek; the strong, four-armed race, and the animalish predators.

((L21 and I22, at around 2.2 and 2.6, respectively))
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

17. - Top - End - #227

Ardannis

((This reply subject to change if Ardannis' current interaction with the Niddog goes completely south))

Certainly! Communication and Travel - a perfect combination for a growing race. Perhaps if we work together there, we could also cooperate in other areas. The Oque, for instance, seem to have more difficulties as each group advances their powers. They struggle when their groups become too large, and I would aid them in finding new areas for each group to live, but your communication skills would aid greatly as well. Come, tell me how your explorations have fared so far.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Tek accepts, Ardannis leads the way to his scrying window, which is a strange sensation for Tek, as the room's passages are clearly twisted in all directions, some upside down, yet whichever current one they are crossing seems perfectly normal.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 2.4

Back from his visit to the Zygons, Krixal is furious.

Hurt by fire? You are my avatar! I am the GOD of fire! Great impression you made on those Zygons too "Oh, I'm the god of fire, Ouch, it burns!

The avatar just stands there, inert, as he always did in this plane.

Yeah? Well the same to you!

Krixal bursts out laughing.

If Falenra could see me now! Not just talking, but yelling at myself! She really wouldn't want me "meddling" then!

Well, we are going to have to do something about your, um, weakness to heat.

Krixal is pleased to see that the burns on the bottoms of his avatar's feet are healing much faster than he expected, but is still annoyed that they burnt in the first place.

Oh well, I meant to make you a tunic anyways, let's see if we can't make it..special.

Krixal summons up a red tunic like his own, then starts focusing like he did with the pouches. He concentrates on the way fire feels to him here, warm, but in a pleasant way. When he finishes, he hangs it up to let it 'set'.

Now, let's see what we can do about those other species.

He looks in his brazier, searching over the other species until he finds what he wants. He decides to visit the largest of the Sume villages. (i22)
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

19. - Top - End - #229

Kranolk: Turn 2.9

Kranolk returns to his room after his first meetings with the races. They certainly are interesting, he thinks, and not like the Gods at all. He knows, however, that he must do something to prevent himself from being seen if he is to continue hunting things like that monstrous creature he presented to those four-armed apes. He takes the things hide from his shoulders and looks it over. It is dark brown, the color of jungle mud, and he takes it to the sandiest area he can summon into his room, where he lays it to see the contrast.

He then takes the sand and rubs it into the pelt until it is white and faded. This takes some time, but he has plenty. Then he takes it a region of thick under growth where everything is green, and massages the juice from leaves into it until it is instead a deep green. He does this with every color he can find in nature until it have become a dark tan like it was before, this time flecked with all the other colors of nature. Satisfied with his handywork, he puts it back on and returns to his scrying pool to think.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha looks down on the world through the new scrying pool just below the floor. She had examined all the creatures for a while, deciding which ones to visit. Ultimately, she decided that she would descend first (2.1) to the Sume, as their activity even in the dark intrigued her, then to the to the Niddog (2.6), as the forest in which they dwelled would have plenty of shadows for her to use, and finally (2.9) to the Oque, as some of them seemed to have overcome the primitive fear of the darkness as well.

The glowing portal in the floor seemed to zoom towards the lands of the Sume. As it approached the ground, it seemed that the entire world faded to white as she manifested.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek follows Ardannis to his room. Its unique qualities baffle him, but he seems to remain in good humor and even enjoy its weird ways.

Tek speaks of his exploits and listens to Ardannis. He specifies the amount of time he would work with Ardannis in the near future (up to 40% of the next turn’s time)

Tek speaks of Karksh: “Some of them expressed their desire for travel. Back then, they mistook Ikeklos’es words for promise of exploration. When they realize their mistake, they’ll split from him and seek someone else. Then you would be able to pick them up. It could lead to a conflict with Ikeklos though; he seems like a stern and inflexible fellow”

Tek listens about Oque. “They appear to be a bit timid for my tastes. But the prospects are promising. I’ll try to visit them to see the situation first hand.” Tek examines his artefact, Mask of Benevolence, as if considering something.

(OCC – I’ll notify if there is something in the later posts with other species that Tek wouldn’t like to share. So far he told everything, including Niddog’s gathering practices. Based on information gathered Tek might offer a second scheme.)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Fabacillus Bile
    Turn 2.1

The dirt-spawned thing quietly accepted the blue light, and returned to its room. There, it attempted to visit the planet dwellers: first the Karksh at turn 2.1, then the Zygon at 2.5, and finally the Niddog at 2.9.
    Tallest member of the fanclub.

Orc-y member of the Therkla fanclub.

Spoiler
    Show
    \"Run away!\"&&-------------Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Kill Pelor. Problem solved!"----Mewtarthio

"Voldemort: Avad-- chhkttt
    Vader: I find your lack of hygiene disturbing.
    Voldemort: *dies*."---Tirian

Quote Originally Posted by Bears With Lasers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    How many hit points would an earth-sized planet have?
    All of them.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 2.6
    Ikeklos finished working on its Avatar. Strangely, the created cover didn't seem quite... Real, yet. Perhaps, like stiffening water needs time to become ice, it needed time to complete becoming real. Ikeklos pushed it aside. Instead, it aspired to use the Scrying pool. Gazing into it from its frozen throne, Ikeklos desired to see the Karksh settlement it had visited. It focused, attempting to see the place in detail.

Regardless of success, Ikeklos is grimly aware that the Karksh alone will not be enough to propagate the Truth. Two of the clusters of life seemed to be more or less in the middle of the bunch... by random decision, Ikeklos opted for the one at (k21 on map, l21 in forum). It didn't know this, but they were known as the Zygon. It breifly Viewed the area, seeking a small settlement on the outskirts. Ikeklos still felt... Troubled by large numbers of creatures, and hoped to start slowly.
    As of turn 2.7, hopefully it had found one, and began the process of Manifesting at the edge of it...

24. - Top - End - #234

Ardannis

Turn 2.3

Ardannis rematerializes on the Outer Plane, and thinking of the Niddog's need to find food readily, he focuses on lending his knowledge of the wilderness into his staff, hoping to give it some semblance of his expertise on finding consumables. ((Researching Hungry Nose artifact upgrade.)) After a while of working on it, he turns again to the map, sending his thoughts now toward the Oque.

Turn 2.99

Listening to Tek's travelogue, Ardannis grins happily. So many travelers - wonderful! The Niddog seem eager to have a friend, and while their paths seem serviceable, I could help them more easily find food, and with your symbols, their younglings will find their way back more easily. I agree that the Oque seem skittish, but they seem to have potential, so I think I will visit them again.

Any plan you have would be wonderful to hear - I have several ideas already for tricking their predators.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, what you said works - Ardannis is happy to work with you and shares his experiences so far unreservedly. Here's to a fruitful partnership between Communication and Travel. :-)

25. - Top - End - #235

Tumine Barok, Turn 2.3

Tumine returns to her room after her visit with the Karksh. That went pretty well, I guess. Too bad I don't actually know all that much about agriculture... I wonder if someone out here does?

Tumine gets up, and begins to head for her door, when she has a change of heart. Well... Maybe I should try this out for myself, first. All you need to grow things are seeds, right?

Tumine thinks for several minutes, and then decides what she wants to do. She materializes a leather pouch in her hand and plucks a seed from a (very conveniently) blooming tree nearby. Placing it in the bag, she concentrates hard on it, trying to make it real, as permanent as that copy of herself or that necklace. After a time, she feels that it is done: or at least, partially done. It seems, somehow, soft. Not texturally, but... the fabric of reality seems soft, still malleable near her seed pouch. She places it near her pond, and goes out into the main room.

Tumine, Turn 2.4

Tumine enters the main room, looking around curiously.

Does anyone here know anything about agriculture?

OOC;
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really not sure who is actually in the main room at this time, but I'm pretty sure someone probably is
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-28 at 10:52 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

After crafting his chair and cleaning up Tirus enters the main room to be sure his chair is the right size. He notices the writing on the table “ ripik I agree and wish to spread my ideas across the world and teach others of what I know.” at this a blue line extends to his room. Leaving the table and main room Tirus explores and studies his viewing plain. He finds the sume to be an interesting race and prepares to leave to learn more about them. Tirus then transports himself down to the world.
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 2.4

Plamal went into his room and thought about how to show his mastery over animals. Maybe a way to keep animals away from an area. Yes that could work. Plamal then settled down to work on his artifact.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

End of turn 2.4

Forneus walks out of his room. He stretches (even though he doesn't have to) and smiles. So how are things going? Ripik, any news? Those creatures are actually pretty fun to be around. I guess I should go visit the rest soon and see what they're like. Come to think of it, we haven't burnt the world to a crisp yet, eh? Hahah.
    After a slight pause he adds: Ooh, that gives me an idea, then heads back to his room (however he will hang around long enough to get a reply or for a short chat).

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek, Turn 2.99

Tek seeks Krixal and Ardannis and invites them to his chambers to discuss a proposition.

“I’ve studied species called Sume, I believe Krixal met them as well. I propose we organize a Contest with festival and prize. We all visit their tribes and explain of “contest” for “prize” and mention some “food” and “fun” as well.”

“Ardannis could find a good site for the contest and make sure everyone gets there in one piece.”

“At the site of contest Krixal would light several big, impressive looking fires – to “protect against darkness” and “roast food”. He’ll make sure everyone feels secure and their bellies are full.”

“I’ll manage the contest rules and see that no one cheats (Tek winks slightly to Ardannis). And I will provide the prize.”

Tek produces an ornate, beautiful Medal. “I might make it even better, more impressive looking.”

“The contest would be storytelling. The Sume seem to have a knack for making stuff up. We can repeat this periodically (every 2 turns for example). Once they make it their tradition it wouldn’t require that much effort.”

"We make this into a big demonstration of our benevolence and generosity, show off our powers and shape their culture to our liking. What say you?”

30. - Top - End - #240

Ark 2.8-

Spoiler
    Show
    Ark has spent all of his turn speaking, observing and impressing the Zygon. He now manifests his avatar back to the Outer Plane.

He now wants to create something to give for the Zygon if they did show belief and prayers in him. Something for hunting preferably. He focuses all his remaining energy and, taking a pillow inside his room, he rips it open using the fabric. With seals once more, he channels his very energy inside it, thinking of that particular animal he saw and the courtship it showed. The very essence, the perfect call to mate, derived for that animal, he wanted to imbue it in this item, mold it and make it perfect in its use.

This would surely help the Zygon tremendously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating artifact