New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Legions of the Gods IC

Linky to OOC thread

You are all guided into a huge stone hall by numerous servants. Once you have reached the end of the hall the servants depart and you see a council being addressed by a man with long flowing robes and a crown on his head.

The man gestures for you to sit and addresses you rather than the council. He says”You are all greatly skilled in your chosen arts and word has come to my ears that you wish to attain godhood, is this right?”

He pauses for a short while and continues addressing everybody in the room now. “We are all gathered her today in this secret council to discuss what we will do about the rising threat of a Warlord to the east of our land”.
    Last edited by Elrond; 2008-10-01 at 07:54 PM.

Avvy By Me
    Proud Avatarist, Oh and I take requests
    My Art
    In The Playground Website

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC
    "Check mate I sunk your battle ship"
    Quote Originally Posted by drakeblood4 View Post
    Great artist, I'm assuming clinically insane as hes willing to draw for me. Also, *cracks whip* WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF YOUR BOX, I TOLD YOU TO DRAW FASTER!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Legions of the Gods IC

Yin (as Grimslop)

The strange, purple skinned elf wearing a similarly purple coloured rope adorned with arcane symbols slowly takes his seat. Suddenly, a raven completely black except for a white belly section flies up from under the table and rests on his shoulder.

"Oh, where did you come from?"

"Caw! You really don't want to know"

"Stupid avion, be quiet now. The Warlord to the east? I must admit I don't care much about the worldly things, and while I possess knowledge that would drive you mad, I don't know anything about the local geography or politics..."

"You better tell the elf everything, or he won't stop babbling for hours! Caw!"

"Shh, silence, or you spend time being a butterfly"
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-04 at 12:25 AM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skellek Zeymar

Skellek stands with back straight and head high, completely in control. He appears to be an elderly gentleman, with grey hair and green eyes. His clothes are the simple brown robes of an ascetic. He scowls at the strange, undisciplined magic user. If I were as laid back as him, he thought, I would have eaten half the country by now. He takes a seat as well, and says, "I too would like some elaboration. It has been more than a century since politics concerned me at all, and even then it was but a small matter."
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

4. - Top - End - #4

Garris

The warrior sits uneasily. He looks guarded but in control. His dark blue plate clanks as he shifts the huge black bladed sword that leans against the table. This Warlord, does he have a name?

He leans forward, unremarkable features passive, his blue eyes shifting, watching everyone.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

5. - Top - End - #5

Chiron The Myrmidon
    A powerfully built centaur is before you, he has a giant sword on his back along with a guisarme and a longbow. He has short brown hair and is pretty tanned. He speaks somewhat primitively using few words We should just kill him, and by we i mean me.
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-10-03 at 06:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Skellek Zeymar

Skellek chuckles slightly at the centaur's comment. His laugh is flat and cold. He replies, "Death is not the end it should be. Resurrection, reincarnation, undeath: all are ways to cheat the great equalizer. To ensure his total banishment would require potent magics, malicious and cruel. Simpler by far to break his armies, for he cannot afford to raise them all, and as skeletons or zombies they make poor soldiers, stopped by even the lowliest cleric. No, in this game, the head is easier to restore than the body."

Current Characters:

7. - Top - End - #7

I dont know of any of what you just said, except for the last part which i made a plan for. Since the head is harder to restore split it in half put in flames and crush it with a giant

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

The old strange wizard wakes as from a dream and looks at the room staring at everyone one by one. As he aproaches to the table he starts speaking:I'm Sirion, and if I had known we were going to talk warfare i would have sent my horse to talk in my behalf, he certainly speaks better common than his relative over there and knows more of the hitting and sword swinging matters than me.He says as he looks at the great centaur, then he turns his head to look at the raven My dark friend, will you ask your elf familiar to avoid been so rude? we need to discuss tactics, if he's more concerned about been secretive he should not speak at all, as I am very sure you are more willing to share more information than he is.
    He sits next to the uneasy warrior and with a twist of his hand a bottle of wine floats from his backpack to his hand: Fine elven wine my friend, you can have some if you want but we'll have to drink from the bottle for I have no glasses.He handles the bottle to the warrior and as he smiles at him he says Now we were talking about my ascention to godhood?
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-03 at 11:28 PM.
    Guchález
    Thanks to ThreeShades for the Psychotic Elan avatar a.k.a.The Punmaker

Spoiler
    Show
    All dead, they are all dead

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin (as Grimslop) (and Vorona the Raven)

The raven stares back at the newest addition to the council with intelligent eyes.

"Another wizard? What did I do to deserve this?"

"Vorona! You really must excuse my familiar, she is still young. And you misunderstood dear apprentice of the all-powering arcane, I don't hide any information, I rather wonder myself..."

"Caw! No wonder, with all those wine. Now tell us about the Warlord and all that"

The wizard's overlong ears bounce as he shakes his head. It's evident now that his face isn't real, but painted on a gem-studded mask.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-04 at 12:26 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

The man says "Oh how rude of me i have not told you my name..." "It is Taliga King of Seserine 'the city of gods'". Now the Warlord has made him self known as Tikma Lord of Fire and my spies have told me he is a mighty pyromancer who has raised an army of creatures made of fire and earth"

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC
    Great artist, I'm assuming clinically insane as hes willing to draw for me. Also, *cracks whip* WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF YOUR BOX, I TOLD YOU TO DRAW FASTER!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin

The wizard crosses his arms, and speaks in a completely different, feminine voice.

"Lord of Fire? He seems to have a distinct role in this play, like all of us. An it's not a monologue but a group play, so we have to act together to receive our appreciation. Let me introduce myself..."

The wizards form begins to straighten and becomes more thin, with the curves of a female. The long ears recede and the skin color changes to a pale white. During this transformation, the robe also melds together, taking the form of a gown. A giant bow and an equally huge sword sheath are bound to the woman's back and clearly visible now. Finally, she takes off the purple mask, and a pair of pupilless, milky white eyes stare at the others. She puts her wispy long hair out of her face.

"My name is Yin, and as you see, I will have the most roles in this play"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Skellek Zeymar

Skellek is mildly surprised by the changes in the wizard's form, but he mentally chastises himself. Since when were there such things as purple elves? He stands and bows respectfully to the "elf," and asks, "Most interesting. I'm afraid mine is much more mundane." With that, he dismisses the illusion surrounding his form, revealing himself to the group.

He is now revealed to be a gaunt corpse, with pale skin and fiercely burning eyes. His mouth is filled with razor sharp teeth, and his hands end in wicked claws. He is garbed in the robes of a magic user, in addition to several other pieces of obviously magical garb, most notably a gold circlet which rests upon his bald head. He says, "I am Skellek Zeymar, the grandmaster of the Claw of the Grave fighting style, an accomplished mage, and an undead being, one who has been 'touched by the King,' as it were - a ghoul who retains his sanity and self. I have lived for more than a century and a half, and I have seen ones such as you before, Miss Yin, if not exactly the same. Your skills will be of great use in overcoming this Tikma. I welcome you, Faceless One." He bows once more, before returning to his seat.
    Last edited by Tar Palantir; 2008-10-05 at 02:17 PM.

Current Characters:

13. - Top - End - #13

Garris

The human warrior leans forward at the changes and introductions, he has a deep scowl on his face as if tasting something very sour. The name is Garris. I am nothing more than I seem, a bounty hunter. Generally I specialize in people like you two, arcanists. This Lord of Fire seems like the next target, and I while I hold no special hatred for magic users or undead especially, I don't care for either. HE closed his mouth, you can see the muscles sin his face move as he grits his teeth and leans back. I'll work with whomever I need to to accomplish my goals though.

14. - Top - End - #14

Skellek

Skellek answers the surly human, "I appreciate your acceptance, Sir Garris. Great skill is required to capture or kill magic users with strength and steel alone. I look forward to fighting beside you, Magebane." He bows without rising, tired of bouncing up and down like a bullfrog.

Current Characters:

15. - Top - End - #15

Sirion takes the bottle of wine and drinks a mouthfulSo I should have worn a costume? How about we go, kill the warlord, our monk friend here eats his body, our actress friend impersonates him, we disband his army and we go back to the subject of attaining my godhood.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

"A good idea this is and how i will explain all of your assentions to the land of the gods, first you must an appropriate task according to your skill witch the gods will deiced weither is worthy of attaining god hood, in this case i think the appropriate task would be to save the world or at least seserine from Tikma Lord of Fire

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin

"Will we get any help from the troops of Seserine?"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Sirion:
    Do we really need the help of an army?Wouldn't it be easier to kill the warlord and use his army in the city's behalf? Seriously, why do we keep discussing warfare? But if there's no other choise, can I ride the Centaur?
    Last edited by Guchalez; 2008-10-07 at 08:46 AM.
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Garris

If we are to 'cut the head off of the snake' per say, is there another who is going to take his place, sir? Garris asks of the King.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin

Yin's question is directed at the mage hunter, completely ignoring the other mage's ranting:

"You mean, any of his higher rank generals?"
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-10 at 04:40 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Garris

Anyone. Children, siblings, friends, minions...whomever. There is no pointo in killing one if someone worse will step into his shoes and immediately replace him.

22. - Top - End - #22

Sirion:
    That's why I think our actress friend here, Yin Am I right? should help us by impersonating the Lord of Flame and help us disband his army. Is my idea too crazy that you don't take it into account? Or is it another "wizards are idiots" joke?
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Garris

Ignoring the 'wizards' comment However it happens we need to ensure that when he falls there will be no one to take his place. I was asking the king for more information on that front.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin

She looks mischivously at the wizard

"Actually, you have a point wizard. Of course I could do that, no one's but a role. But first we need to retire the real Lord of Fire or whatever"

Impatiently, she adds, directed to the king

"I learned enough about battles in my travels to know about general strategy, so where is our victim located, who guards him and how do we reach him?
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-13 at 10:20 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

He lives in the mountines to the east and not much more is known than that but some of my spy's and informants have mentchined a mas of warriors traveling with speed towards us and there have been rumors of the fire lord traveling with them as for your earlier question no no one will replace him we only wish to save the people of our great nations. As for getting where ever he is, we will grant you sufficient transport

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin

The changeling seems pensive and thoughtful:

"Travelling towards us? That will make an assassination attempt more difficult. As far as I see, we're some of the finest warriors in the realm"

she looks around the others,

"But we can't compete with an army. I suggest you give us access to some of your troops, and we set up an ambush to surprise the Lord of Fire. While the pawns fight, the main characters will win the day. If you're with me, we still need information about the terrain and places that would be good for a quick surprising strike. Are any of your spies attending now?"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

"Yes you may use as many of my troops as you require"

He gestures with his hand and you see a black clad warrior come towards you from the corner of the room

"This is one of my spys

Avvy By Me
    My Art

Magic Items
    Spoiler
    Show

Apocalypse Rising
    IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #28

Siron takes out a strage herb and starts rolling it with a piece of paper, as he does this he says: "So we march to war or they camp every once in a while? maybe we can kill this warlord in his sleep and then attack them by surprise, they won't have much chance if cut their head and attack shortly thereafter, we can make chaos work in our favor, I can always make chaos work in my favor"
    Sirion puts the joint in his mouth and says:"Does anyone have a fire?"
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yin

With a short gesture of her hand, she lights up Siron's strange cigar,

Spoiler
    Show
    using Prestidigitation

then turns to the spy the king pointed on

"So tell us everything you know. Somehow I got the feeling that the Warlord of Fire isn't even human. Speak."

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Sirion smokes for a moment, with the absent eyes looking at the roof, smiling.
    My followers will call me umpredictable one, ha ha ha, and my clerics will dance the chicken dance everytime the want their spells, but they will get every other time spells from another cleric, ha ha ha, the holydays will be celebrated in orange clothes and purple robes.
    Only the higher of my clergy will know my true name, and the ones who prunounce it will be blessed with chaos and insanity, ha ha ha, maybe power as well i don't want to loose followers so it must be an attactive faith, maybe I can offer some amnish weed in temples and make the clergy pruduce it in big amounts.

While he thinks about this he starts mumbling something about chicken and true name. Then he wakes up and offers some weed to Yin: Do you want some dear? It's Amn's finest, tough I don't really know whether Amn exist or not, never been there... wait wait, a plan is forming in my head, I can make a illusionary ancient water elemmental to scare him off, HAHAHAHAHA
    Guchález

Spoiler
    Show