New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Divine World

The answer is nothing. And your plague is your creation which will be frozen in time. After all, I'm not just here, I'm also then. Tempo disappear back to his plane of time.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul looked around once more, then turned again to the corpse of the Spellwolf, curiosity in his eyes. He curled his bulk around the table and began to float, until he was level with the floating slab. All his bony hands and legs drifted inward and scalpels and forceps and retractors and all the various tools of a surgeon, and he began dissecting the corpse with the skill of a whole team of the most professional of doctors with ease. He thought of a word, that seemed to echo in his mind, like before: Autopsy

He sifted through all the various organs, his curiosity fed but never sated, he recorded all his findings in one of his terrible Grimoire's, noting with his eyes the slowed decay, the heart, the lungs, the kidney and the spleen, the stomach... but it wasn't enough, he needed living subjects. He took a needle and a thread, made of the same obsidion as all his other tools, and sewed the dead spellwolf up, so that nothing remained of his rummaging save a few bloodless scars crisscrossing his fur. He put the book in the dead wolfs hands, almost reverentially, and the wolf was enclosed in the Obsidion, until it chilled him, so he would no more decay, and then he pushed the block into the wall, until it blended perfectly, all but the most skilled observers could find this alcove, and even then he would know of the discovery.

With this task done, Vraikul scuttled upwards to the surface, seeking fresh subjects.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #63

(OOC: call it metagaming if you wish, but I'll throw the dog a bone)

Ja'kay stood a few feet above the treeline of Nazgal, shaping creature and plant, one after another. He loved the variaty, but somewhat lacked in the quality of his creations. As he molded the flesh of a small rodent, he thought of this.

I shall create a masterpiece....

He thought as he threw the finished rodent down to Nazgal to live. He took some flesh, and began molding.

He molded for hours, redesigning the thing over and over again until something he liked came from it. It was a creature, a hunter by heart. It was the size of a large dog, but was skinny and muscular, and more squat. Four "arms" extended from it's torso, and ended in long claws. He would be a deadly predator, the finest hunter Ja'kay had created. He put magic into it, making it unnaturally strong and agile and fast. And finally, he let it breath be that of fire.

He set loose his creation into the depths of his home, but it paniced, and blew fire through the vines and plants that kept it from falling into the darkness.

Ja'kay looked into the darkness.

No real reason to save it.... He thought, pondering his choices.

I'll work on something else...
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 09:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

The Beginning Technologies

The spellwolves had made relatively immense progress with their abilities. Using their innate magic, the easily could create fire, fuse raw materials into simple shelters, as well as kill and cook their hunted meals with one easy motion of the hand.

Strex

Ugh, storing a body? So wasteful.

Near Vraikul, a tiny crystal dragon, no bigger than a housecat, flies out of a portal and lands near him with a note tied to it's back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Meet me at the northern pole island. Bring the body.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

5. - Top - End - #65

Technology

The Son's of Ja'kay have learned how to make the melee weapon Ja'kay showed them, and can forge it from stone. They also have learned how to work with wood (primitively), and are experimenting with using it as a housing option.

They have also discovered fire, and know how to use it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

As the creature fell, Vraikul heard its calls with the ears he did not have, and he was there as it fell into darkness. His chill aura put out its fires, and his many hands grasped its claws. It thrashed and roared, but in the end it was no match for the god, and they both knew it. Vraikul took the strange nameless creature to the same corner of the worlds center he had performed the dogs autopsy. When he placed the creature on the slab, Obsidion rose up and clamped its limbs down. Vraikul hovered around the slab as he did before, and performed... Surgery his mind chimed... not that was not right... experiments yes that was it, he performed similar actions as he did with the wolf, but he used his divine gift of life to keep the creature alive. The slab was mercifully cold, but not nearly cold enough, and hot pain flooded the creature, and its yowls, which were quickly cut off by a muzzle of Obsidion, were met with only the staring curiosity of the cold god. Vraikul disocovered many similarities between the physiologies of the two creatures, and yet, many more dissimilarities. He sewed it back up, and placed a Grimoire in its hands, where he had recorded his findings which were held there by more Obsidion. He took a single piece from the creature, before the Obsidion swallowed its still whimpering form up, and froze it. Vraikul pulled out the spellwolf corpse, and plucked a single hair from its body, and returned it. He placed the two items on the ground and stared at them, before slowly churning his hand around them, until there was a swirling little vortex, and out of the vortex formed a creature which seemed a combination of the two creatures, with scales and fur, and puffs of smoke and fire coming from its nose and mouth. He created another. One he secured in an Obsidion slate untouched, with a Grimoire describing its birth clutched in its grip, and the other he performed a similar operation as with the nameless creature, before returning him too, to the wall, a Grimoire clutched in its grasp. Vraikul, pulled yet another Grimoire from his own flesh, and began to record his findings in it, all his findings, before returning it to his flesh, and dropping to the ground, a quivering mass of black skinned flesh of eyes and mouths and arms and legs, thinking.

Vraikul, seeing the tiny dragon, read the note with one eye. He sent the crystal dragon away. and pulled out the corpse of the wolf again, he plucked a hair from its body, and created a new one, before killing it in the same way, and performing the same operation on it, recording his findings and placing a Grimoire in its hands, and he took the body, and went to the North Pole.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-02 at 09:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

(Wow. You're a twisted little bastard : D)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    (Wow. You're a twisted little bastard : D)
    OOC:(its sort of the point )

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

The North Pole

Unlike most planets, the poles of this one have a very tropic, near desert climate. Strex stands there with a small book. I'll make this quick...I have a bit of a problem with my creations being kept in such a manner. If knowledge is all you seek then take this. He holds up the book Everything you could want to know about the spellwolves. I would reccommend reading it often as it may decide to change.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Actually, if you read my first post, the North Pole is sort of mine, its cold and pretty barren of life...)

Vraikul took the book, and handed it back to one of his arms and eyes, and began reading it right away, and righting down all the knowledge in the Grimoire of Flesh, while simultaneously responding Then what do you want with this? He says as he pulls forward the autopsied body of the wolf, identical in every way to the previous one.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I hadn't expected death to come so early so I didn't prepare for it yet but... Strex sends a bolt of electricity into the wolf, shattering the obsidian. The body lies there twitching with a small amount of life. A gesture of the hand send a pulse throughout the planet causing all spellwolves to glow for a second. A corpse is useless. All they do is rot and end up creating more corpses. He then flicks a small bolt of energy into the soulless body, killing it again. This time, the body slowly dissolves into raw arcane energy which is absorbed into the planet. There, now there will never be a need for my people to have a graveyard. It will be easier to forget, easier to progress.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-06-02 at 09:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul listened to the gods speech dispassionately, recording everything, before responding. Indeed. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus
    A gesture of the hand send a pulse throughout the planet causing all spellwolves to glow for a second
    (OOC: There are no spellwolves on my planet besides the one at the core and the one near you.)
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 10:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Other than the fact you tried to pass off this fake, no. I created these wolves and infused them with my own arcane power, it was obvious this one was not real so I'll only ask that all you do with the genuine is leave it be. I'd rather not see some as counterproductive as an undead spellwolf walking this plane.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: There are no spellwolves on my planet besides the one at the core and the one near you.)
    [OOC: And the one in the center of the world is divinely protected by the book, its a channel for my power, seeing as it has my eye in it]

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    Other than the fact you tried to pass off this fake, no. I created these wolves and infused them with my own arcane power, it was obvious this one was not real so I'll only ask that all you do with the genuine is leave it be. I'd rather not see some as counterproductive as an undead spellwolf walking this plane.
    [OOC: I'm not going to doubt you can tell, but how exactly. I made the copy to be EXACTLY like the first one, with all the knowledge I gained from dissecting it, and I see more than just physical. I recreated it exactly as far as my god could see]
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-02 at 10:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

(OOC: maybe your energy is different from his energy, so that when you give it magic, it may have the same effect, but seem different)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: maybe your energy is different from his energy, so that when you give it magic, it may have the same effect, but seem different)
    [OOC: True, but still, the spellwolfs corpse was divinely protected by my god]

18. - Top - End - #78

(OOC: I was actually talking about how PirateJesus could tell the difference...)

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: I was actually talking about how PirateJesus could tell the difference...)
    [OOC: I know, I was saying he still shouldn't really have been able to affect the other corpse, even if he knew it was a fake]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for soul. Things are going so slowly at the start of this life.
    Theontos stands besides the two gods. The soul, such as it was, of the wolf creather lies inpaled on his scythe before fading away.
    My Cherrys will take such a long time as it is.

(OCC: There are some reasons why Theontos's sybmel is a cherry tree, some I have aready said but a bit of the connection between how big and many blossems is connected to how many souls have died. Also see the wiki on Japense and cherry trees. You may find it insteatsing.)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

21. - Top - End - #81

Ja'kay became tired of creating, and then sat deep in thought....

My sons.... my fistborn..... the most powerful being in the universe, save me and my brothers... (OOC: He likes to think of us all as brothers. He thinks that the gods came from a single mother. Just a theory.) I shall make for them a gift, so that they can become more powerful. A new weapon.... something that can kill from a distance. To do that, I would need them to throw a projectile.... Possibly using the force of a lever...

He thought for a moment, working with different designs.

Eventually, he created the gift. It was made of wood, and shaped like a T. From the two point of the T, came a band that could be knocked in the back of the T. (OOC: think of it like a very simple, primitive, innacurate, crossbow). He brought it to his sons, and let them use it.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 10:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Vraikul looked at the Death God, then at the godling of magic in the frozen north of his creation, and then he spoke as he retreated into one of his Xama's many caverns, taking one with him, his mouths speaking even as he retreated I make no promises I cannot, and will not keep. And with that he was gone, back to the cold darkness of the worlds center.

23. - Top - End - #83

Theontos stands by his small cherry tree. It is small to start with but it is growing. His hooded but can be seen pupplish-black eyes stare into the void.

Good, prepair for war, let death more fully come this newly made world. Let pain come.
    (OCC: Theontos does check on the other gods creations from time to time to see if any are getting closer to him.)

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Artefaxe

Having prepared the surrounding landscape for the Erus, Artefaxe began work on his next work. He raised a great mountain, and began to carve. He carved away one portion, forming ledges, enclosures, and other such features. Soon, the mountain's side began to resemble a city.

Done, we sat once again, and resumed writing.

"I really must check up on the others." the Artist-God mused.

25. - Top - End - #85

Ja'kay checked in with the Blackwing network, and found some disturbing news. One of them had found a creature he didn't create in the caves of his planet. He began to reach out with his mind. Slowly, he systematicly went through is planet, looking for these creatures. He found some, and snapped their minds with his power, killing them instantly. When he was almost done destroying the foreign population, he found the three gods on his north pole. He sent a flight of blackwing to pass over them and spy on them.

(OOC: I assume I can't sense the things in the center of the planet.)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm...I think Ill call it..."Ayndh" Well, I really must be off. Remember what we talked about Vraikul. Strex glows, then melds into the planet, coming up thru the ground in the village of the coastal wolf tribe.

The coastal wolves.

Collaboration with the Xama had yielded great rewards. The village now consisted of very strong structures. Small boats could be seen from the coastline, loaded with fish. A few building were set up as shops, people bartering for things they needed. On the beach, wolves and Xama stood in a circle around two wolves engaged in a bit of sparring.

27. - Top - End - #87

Theontos follows the progess of Ja'kay as he bracks the minds of creatures, reaping one after another. He appears next to Ja'kay.
    Thanks for the death. I was getting a little board. But this is just another reminder that all will fall to me sooner or latter. Thanks indeed.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Silence: well you could, but you'd have to know what to look for, and not just "something that doesn't belong" more like "living and dead creatures frozen in slabs of a metal deposit carrying books, or in other words, specifically know what you're looking for. I hope this doesn't sound like godmodding)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-02 at 10:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Jake responded with a small grin before dissapearing to see the progress of his people.

They were using wood very well, building sturdy structures with it. They already had become adept at using and making weapons (OOC: I'm trying to make my race especially militaristic), and had expanded through the wilderness.

Their progress with weapons was suprising. They had created swords, spears, axes, bows, and improved upon Ja'kay's design of the crossbow.

They were also becoming suprisingly orgainized, and two main groups have emerged.

Some of them were attempting to copy to art of shipbuilding from the spellwolves, with little success.

(OOC: and with that, I'm off to bed for the night. It's past midnight here : S
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-06-02 at 11:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Vraikul

Through his eyes in the books of the so called Logickers of his people, the Xama, Vraikul saw the actions of the wolf tribe, and was pleased with the knowledge they brought him. Still, he needed more knowledge. He looked to his current knowledge for a solution. He took one of the living creatures he had created by fusing the unknown creature and the spellwolf. He had his Xama spread rumors about a horrible scaly wolflike creature which plagued them, before having his creation walk upon the sandy beaches. The creature spat smoke and flame, and had scales and fur and great ripping claws and teeth, it was terrible to behold. After some years of the creature drifting on the outskirts of the society, he set the creature to capture some of the villagers. When it had done this, he created more creatures using their fur, so they would appear as they would, only changed by the creature. He experimented on the wolves that were taken, always leaving them alive. As he began to better understand the way their lives and souls worked, he decided to take a step further. He took back many of the creatures, and experimented on them, and then set them loose again, more feral than before. He decided, to complete the myths, he must make them seem as they were. He introduced the unknown creature, which he came to call "Dragyr", to the sandy beach, until they became accepted members of the ecosystem, he then changed the half-creatures, so that they would shift between their spellwolf, hybrid, and Dragyr forms. Over time, the creatures mastered these shifts, until they could change at will. Vraikul kept careful notes of all these goings on, keeping subjects in his underground cave on the other world. He sent this new breed once more to the sandy beaches, and over time they came to have a new name, they were called by the Spellwolves, the Weredragyr.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-06-02 at 11:13 PM.