New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fallcrest Legends

Jacob

A fleeting look of regret, then one of determination replaces it on Jacob's face. He puts the holy symbol away and draws his mace and shield from beneath his cloak.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+2)[6]
    Perception (1d20+7)[25]

Turn Undead (1d20+9)[17] vs. Will
    (2d10+6)[14] radiant damage, push 6 squares and immobilize until end of my next turn.
    Half damage on miss, not pushed or immobilized.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-06-10 at 06:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saelen
    Perception: (1d20+6)[7]
    Initiative: (1d20+8)[18]

Saelen's eyes narrow in suspicion as the blast of light hits the woman, reaching for his orb. "And what exactly is this here?"

Neutral-4e, Anti-Nonsense.
    Thanks to Omega for the rocksome avatar.

3. - Top - End - #33

Jacob

Jacob replies as he is getting ready for combat.

Tis a vampire, and a crafty one at that. It wanted something, probably the destruction of those circle of rocks and the spell it maintained, and used me to overcome its ancient weakness of not being able to trespass. I should have spotted it sooner, but I wasn't very good in scriptures and realized it too late. Be wary, she is very powerful. We must subdue her and put an end to her scheme, although I fear it is too late. May Melora watch over us!

4. - Top - End - #34

Drat. Vampires. That doesn't bode well.

Prepare yourselves. We must get moving, and I believe we can find some clues as to what happened inside the manor
    , Mercutius says as he draws his sword.

Perception: (1d20+3)[9]
    Init: (1d20+5)[11]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

As the flash of light from Jacob's symbol strikes the vampiress she staggers but shrugs off most of the holy power. She rises from the now ruined stone seat and you can see the once invisible arcane symbol marking the cracked stone. You can't be sure but you believe you can discern similar symbols on the other seats as well.

As Jacob informs the rest of you of the nature of the adversary, the vampiress points at him with one hand, fingers mimicking a crushing grip.
    Priest, you talk too much.
    The shadowy outline of a much larger silvery hand grasps Jacob and begins to squeeze, holding him immobile with tremendous strength. Much worse than that, Jacob's flesh seems to blacken, tear and ooze pus from contact with the spectral hand as if from an unnaturally virulent disease or a flesh-dissolving poison.

Spoiler
    Show

Vampire wins initiative.
    Damage to Jacob:
    dmg - (2d8)[3][5](8) + dmg - (2d6)[6][4](10) + 8 + 2 + 2
    Jacob is also immobilised for this round.
    Now you can take combat actions.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

6. - Top - End - #36

Jacob

Held in his place by the spectral hand, Jacob gives a loud battlecry as white light pierces his cloak near his chest. A zone of crackling holy energy manifests under him and the zone inches forward towards the abomination of nature. Somewhat calmed after the yell, Jacob gives a prayer in his desperation.

[Primordial]May Melora bless us with shields of impenetrable light!

Faint spheres of light surrounds you all individually, somewhat warm and scenting like the ocean. He then draws his mace and shield, looking intensely at the vampire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending Action Point to gain a standard action to cast Consecrated Ground. It starts centered on me and is a 3 by 3 zone, but I can move it up to 3 squares as a move action. For now, it'll move one square towards the vampire so that the zone still encompasses me. If the vampire is close enough to reach with this 3 squares of movement of the zone, he'll do that instead. Any enemy that starts its turn on this zone takes 1d6+3 radiant damage (no save) and any bloodied ally starting his turn in the zone heals 8 hit points. With my remaining standard action, Jacob casts Shield of Faith, giving everyone +2 AC until the end of the encounter. Minor action to draw weapon and shield.

Wait, so that's 30 total damage to Jacob? Man, bloodied already... You did take into account the radiance vulnerability into the halved turn undead damage, right? Just making sure... Also, can I try a heal check to see if it's a poison or disease that she just touched me with? You can just roll for me, the modifier is +12.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-06-12 at 07:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rolen marks the vampire as his Hunter's Quarry (minor action) and then attacks with the encounter power "Spikes of the Manticore" (standard attack). He attempts to heap damage onto the vampiress, allowing his now-teammates to finish her off.

This allows him two rapid shots in quick succession, versus AC.

First Shot: (1d20+11)[30] Damage: (2d10+10)[15]
    See below for damage breakdown, if you want to check my mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2x{Weapon} +dex = 2 x {1d10+2(enhancement)+1(focus)} +4(dex) )

Second Shot: (1d20+11)[30] Damage: (1d10+7)[9]

If one shot hits (assuming at least one does) it does an extra 1d8 damage from Hunter's Quarry with lethal hunter feat.
    (1d8)[2]
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to die."

8. - Top - End - #38

((Psst...Only the weapon's damage dice is multiplied! Everything else stays at its normal level)).

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saelen
    Saelen steps in like with Jacob, extending a hand as he utters a foreign incantation, an icy blast bursting forth to strike the vampire. (Icy Rays)

Spoiler
    Show

Icy Rays, Encounter Power
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[11] (vs. Reflex)
    Damage Roll: (1d20+8)[20] (Cold damage)
    Immobilizes target on hit
    Last edited by Bleen; 2008-06-14 at 10:30 PM.

Neutral-4e, Anti-Nonsense.
    Thanks to Omega for the rocksome avatar.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Okay, so either subtract 3 from the damage on that first shot (for 12) or take this new roll for damage: (2d10+7)[17]
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to die."

11. - Top - End - #41

Mercutius

Charging towards the vampire, Mercutius deftly strikes it with his sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a Reaping Strike.

Attack roll: (1d20+14)[15]
    Damage: (2d10+7)[23]