New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dragons of Autumn-DragonLance

Bryce

"Normally, it's not such a disadvantage," Bryce grunts back, grasping onto Hector's arm.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Not really knowing what to do, Kalrin merely goes to help Lagri with the ogre.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check:(1d20+1)[4]
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Lagri finishes off the ogre with a twist of his halberd and starts shoving it into the hole. Kalrin comes forward and right and helps with a final push as the ogre goes head first down the hole and towards the pot at the far end.

Gneiss mutters at levers in the ceiling and no way for him to reach it. He considers whether or not rope would be useful.

Hector wants to attack the dragon men and they’re considering how to get the two out of the pot. The pot tilts and suddenly he realizes that Bryce is pulling it down on one side and he turns to assist him. He barely manages to help Bryce stay balanced on the side of the pot.

Bryce is half in, half out and probably desperate to stay in, considering the distance down. He’s struggling just to remain in the pot. Just as he thinks he’s going to fall out, the pot suddenly jerks upwards and the combination of Hector and the movement of the pot he is suddenly bounced inwards a bit further as the pot begins to rise with the added weight from the ogre in the other pot. ((Bryce's legs are still sticking out))

Pearl looks down at the ‘up’ pot and the ogre is on top of the dragon men. They are beginning to push and shove at the dead ogre so they can start back up again.

Tygerlilly bounces to the edge of the ‘down’ pot hole and stares down. She yells, Heya Bryce, Hector! Are you having fun down there? Hm, she thinks it looks like fun. Why is Bryce hanging out like that? I’m coming down, will you catch me? She's pretty sure that they'll catch her, why wouldn't they?

The 2 dragon men in the ‘down’ pot are considering their odds with shoving Bryce out the rest of the way and/or continuing down so the other dragon men can join them. But, they’re not very smart and it takes them more than 6 seconds to make a decision.

The 6 dragon men in the ‘up’ pot are shoving and cursing and finally get the ogre out and it falls down the rest of the way with a sickening splat. The pots jerk a little, reverse and resume their journey towards each other.

---------- Round 4 ----------

Kalrin 22
    Lagri 22
    Gneiss 14
    Hector 14 (nonlethal dam: 1 – from jumping)
    Bryce 4 (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 2 – from falling)
    Pearl
    Tygerlilly
    Dragon men (2 of them), 6 more in the other pot
    Ogre (dead)

((jumping down requires a jump check and a balance check. The ‘down’ pot – gully dwarves, 2 dragon men, Hector, Bryce. The ‘up’ pot – 6 dragon men))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pearl

That about says it all. If Tygerlily thinks that something sounds like fun, it must be suicidally dangerous.

"Lagri - any chance you could find a way to jam something - like, say, the butt end of a halberd - into the pulley, to stop the chain? Maybe Gneiss can give you advice on where to stick it."

I suspect that, at one time or another, Gniess has given most of us advice on where to stick it.

Regretting her decision to have only pointy things about her, Pearl simply fires down at the once-more-ascending pot of dragon-men.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[13]
    Crit confirm (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage (1d8+3)[4]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Kalrin laughs, the Kender concept of "fun" never failed to amuse and frighten him either. Hearing Pearl's suggestion, he attempts to jam his staff into the crank.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What kind of check would this be? Disable Device?:(1d20+4)[10]
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hector

Keeping back a curse as he hears Tygerlilly, Hector looks up and calls up to her. "I can't catch, I'm already holding Bryce! Help with the lever instead!" Anything to keep her busy would keep her out of the way. He wasn't sure having the kender in the pot was a good idea at the moment.

The pot's swinging gave him an idea, though. "Hang on, buddy," he whispered, between dashing for the other side of the pot, trying to put all his weight at the opposite end and get it to lurch inward. Against Bryce armour, he guessed he would need some help. "Hey, beasties, wanna play with me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to roll Strength for my push and... I'm not sure what for the taunt? I'll just leave it there.
    Strength - (1d20+4)[9]
    Last edited by Annalia; 2009-08-14 at 06:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

Gneiss

Gneiss is practically dancing with frustration as he attempts to direct Kalrin in disabling the mechanism. "You see there, where the chain is going- No, not there, there! Look where I'm pointing! Do you see it? No, not- No! Yes, there! Now try to wedge- Try it to the left then. Right. What are you doing, didn't I just tell you 'left'? Gods! No, just get it to stop for right now, we'll worry about that later!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another: (1d20)[1]

EDIT: Ha. And Gneiss is no help at all.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2009-08-14 at 07:20 PM.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bryce

Bryce struggles to make it inside the pot. "Alright Mishakal," he prays silently, "I could really use some help right now."

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex Save: (1d20+1)[4]

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

Lagri whips his head in a vigorous nod at Pearl's instruction. He grips his halberd just under its head and walks deliberately toward the chain. The barbarian rams the butt of his halberd and its bindings of trinkets into one of the spokes and wrenches down.

"I um credit to team!" he hollers with triumph as the chain yields.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check: (1d20+4)[23]
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2009-08-17 at 12:10 AM.
    A post about nothing.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

Kalrin is very ineffective with his staff and trying to jam the mechanism. He can’t find the right spot and Gneiss’ advice isn’t helpful.

Lagri jams the butt of his halberd into the mechanism and the chain slows with a loud groaning sound, but it doesn’t stop completely. The end of the halberd is inexorably drawn further in and if not removed soon, it will crack and break. The weight of the two pots and huge chain is just too much. ((The nice STR check will work for a few seconds to moments. To truly disable it, you need to roll a high disable device check))

Gneiss is trying to direct them, but can’t quite put what he wants to say into words.

Hector goes closer to the dragon men in an effort to help Bryce…

Bryce finally feels things tipping his way, whether due to Bryce or a little help from Mishakal, he’s finally able to get the rest of the way into the pot. He’s squishing a few gully dwarves in the bottom.

Pearl’s arrow disappears down the other hole and misses the swinging pot of dragon men.

Tygerlilly looks up at the chain and back down in the pot, man, she really wants to go down. It looks great! But, on the other hand, she does want to be helpful, being helpful is so much fun as well. She jumps over and tries climbing Kalrin to try and reach the device. She wants to see if she can figure out how to disable it.

The two dragon men in the ‘up’ pot take the opportunity presented to attack Hector and Bryce. They both swing and miss with their swords in the moving pot. They aren’t afraid of falling out of the pot… The gully dwarves all cower in the bottom of the pot.

---------- Round 5 ----------

Kalrin 22
    Lagri 22
    Gneiss 14
    Hector 14 (nonlethal dam: 1 – from jumping)
    Bryce 4 (nonlethal dam: 4, regular dam: 2 – from falling)
    Pearl
    Tygerlilly
    Dragon men (2 of them), 6 more in the other pot
    Ogre (dead)

((jumping down requires a jump check and a balance check. The ‘down’ pot – gully dwarves, 2 dragon men, Hector, Bryce. The ‘up’ pot – 6 dragon men))

New Thread Please post in the new thread. Thanks a bunch I love this game!
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?