New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Amber DRPG - Setting Things Right IC

Aurora

As the coach rolls on through the landscape, Aurora quiets down. There is a time to banter and a time to prepare for what's to come. She looks through the window, noting with interest the bones and the general disrepair of the place.

She lets herself be ushered through the rooms of the mansion, until they meet Brand. Aurora's face is a mask of perfect neutrality : neither respect nor dislike, compassion nor surprise... It is not devoid of expression either - there's the subtle deference to an Elder.

She would have a thousands things to say, of course, but Bryce takes the lead in an unexpected way. Still, better to take her cue from the son. She sits down.
    "Uncle, how long have you been back ? Is there anything we can do for you ?"
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur

Arthur steps forward and bows, "Honored uncle, it is truly a marvel to be able to meet you."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Brand looks towards Bryce. "Ahh, to be seen in this condition. I feel old. I believe it has been close to a decade since the Unicorn released me from her care. I do believe that my dear brother was actually trying to kill me.

The Jewel, of course, was the price for the Unicorn's care. A small price. I'm not sure it's worth the bother, anyway.

A far larger price was to be paid for losing Diedre in the Abyss. There are things in the depths of that foul pit you cannot imagine. I lost consciousness and let her go. She was gone by the time the Unicorn found me.

When I was strong enough to return to the Abyss we went after her. I knew she lived, not much more than that. They had taken her to a cave deep in the nothingness. They had been using her in some rituals that I found completely incomprehensible. It was simple enough to retrieve her, but her mind remains broken, I think she remains trapped in the ritual.

The search for her blood. Mine is a good enough distraction, I scatter it throughout shadow, but exhaustion prevents me from trying to save her. I don't know how long I can keep those hags distracted.

Diedre is near Corwin's counterfeit pattern, in the care of a monestary. She should be fairly easy to find if you look for her.

Of course, it may be more palatable to think of it as helping her, rather than me. Corwin tells such wonderful tales.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bryce

"An incredible story," Bryce says flatly. "But I must ask - if you are not able to handle these things, what are we to do? You held off all of Amber at one point. I would assume your strength in these matters rivals all of ours combined. Or is that another of Corwin's conceits?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur

Arthur looks thoughtful, "So... you wish us to go to Diedre and help her recover her mind? Even if your siblings hate you entirely, surely you could have transmitted her location and basic information to one of them, and the whole family would be looking for her to help her. Or are you suggesting the hags are working for someone in the family who wishes Diedre ill?"
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-07-02 at 09:18 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aurora

She waits until Brand has answered her cousins' questions - so as not to overwhelm him.
    "Two questions of my own: has Deirdre walked a Pattern ? It could have some beneficial effects. Someone could help her too."

"As for your blood: have you tried synthesizing it, perhaps with some advanced technology, or using the blood from your shadows ?"

She is curious as to who - what - the hags are, but she wants to concentrate on possible solutions for now.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson