New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Eberron: The Secrets of War Group A IC

Since the Last War ended a fragile peace has settled over the nations of Galifer. War had become the main export and source of finance for practically ever power in Eberron but the destruction of Cyre brought the industry to a grinding halt. Every power had worked on their own secret plans and weapons, objects and spells that would bring pain and destruction on a scale that would dwarf conventional weapons. When Cyre was rendered a wasteland in 994 YK a different fate awaited these weapons; destroyed, hidden, disabled, they were all put to rest, for fear that their use would create a second Mournland.

The month of Eyre in 998 YK is like any other that you can remember; plenty of rain falls on the upper levels of Sharn and becomes drips of brown by the time it reaches the lower city. A few nights ago you were contacted by Sivis mail by someone that you’ve never met, but who is offering you a much-needed job. The note read as follows.

I have a proposition for you, if you are willing. You do not know me, but I have heard of you through various sources and am confident that you can assist me in getting back my property. Meet me at the Manky Goblin tavern in the lower city on the Far of this week and bring this letter. As incentive I will give you small bonus of 25 gold just for showing up and I give you assurances that there is much more to follow.

Signed,
    Aelton Forsworth

The night is a soggy one, the streets of the Lower Wards are slick with muck and the denizens of Callestan slip and trudge their way to whichever bar they're moving towards. After a few minutes of trudging through the streets you find your destination.

The Manky Goblin tavern is a dive of the highest caliber, the floor looks like it has never even heard of mops and the tavern is just light enough to not cause you to stub your toe every step. Hunched figures sit and stare into their tankards and every eye jolts to the door as it opens for you. When none of the patrons recognize you they turn back to their drinks and a low murmur of conversation rises up again.

Your eyes are immediately drawn to a nervous looking man in a dark grey cloak in a corner table. Upon seeing you he hurriedly waves you over to the table. On closer inspection the man is a half-elf and looks very nervous, his eyes dart around the room and he seems to be shaking his leg underneath the table without knowing it. His hair is tied back into a ponytail and is showing a speck or two of grey in the strands. A large cloak obscures most of his body but you can easily tell at a glance that he isn’t the strongest or toughest man. As you near the table his head bobs up and down quickly in acknowledgement and he motions to one of the chair around the table.

"H-hello, let's just wait for everyone to show up before we get down to brass tacks."

He nervously starts to pour what... appears to be ale into each of the seven cups at the table.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group A IC

Entering the tavern, Mortimus sees the man and goes toward him. Sitting down, he gladly accepts the ale, but does not drink any. He silently waits for others to join their party.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gabe

Gabe hestates for a few moments before going into the tavern, his mind dashing over the "what if"s which had been going through his mind ever since he had recieved the note.

What if it's some sort of attempt to capture me?

If somebody in this city were willing to go out of there way to capture me all of the gangs would have been rounded up centuries ago.

What if they want to rob me.

This isn't Stormreach. robbery isn't how these people say hello to eachother.

What if I don't want to do what he wants me to do?

Then I won't. I'll still get twenty five golden coins just for coming.

What if-

Just go inside!

Hesitantly he does so, his eyes darting from one customer to the next, wondering how many of them were already making plans to rob him. He quickly reminded himself again that this wasn't Stormreach, and approached the half-elf's table. Even then his eyes move quickly from one part of the room to another looking for possible threats, hiding places, people who were "paying too much attention to him", and, more by instinct than intention, unguarded valuables.

Spoiler
    Show

spot - (1d20+9)[15] to see anything mentioned above.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

4. - Top - End - #4

Garome

Entering the tavern, Garome answers the half-elf's invite by limping over to the table and pulling himself onto a chair, sitting on his legs. He picks up the offered drink, peers into the mug, sniffs at it, and then puts it back down on the table. As he sits and waits, he looks around the tavern, studying the people and the "terrain" of the building, and drums his figures absentmindedly on the table.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=77855

Here's a quick bit from Darren Calvert. Not perfect, but as close as I can get for the Drow Barbarian feel.

Though Zalivane's eyes are white, he has less gear, and - do I have a scorpion or not? Regardless of the answer, let's pretend I had him 'stay' outside the tavern.

Zalivane cricks his neck to the left and the right when he enters the tavern. His weapons are more difficult to conceal than, say, a dagger...

However, he tries his best to make Black, his greatsword, inconspicuous. He wears his scorpion chain like a belt and bandoleer, taking pains to make sure that it doesn't tear into his flesh. His boomerang, however, stands at the ready at his belt.

Regardless of how he wears his gear, he jingles when he walks. He waves a hand absent-mindedly in greeting to the half-elf.

Aelton Foltsworth, I presume. Who else has arrived thus far?

Knowledge (Local) (d20)[17]+1 to see if I've any history with the Manky Goblin or Aelton.
    (I guess Zalivane just can't tell NPC from PC )

Small RP Edit: "Hey, kid. What's wrong with your leg?" Zalivane says to the gimpy halfling.
    Last edited by Phantom.exe; 2008-08-31 at 10:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Arturo Haus

Bursting into the room with anything but grace, it's any wonder how Arturo stayed on his feet while dodging around surly patrons and table alike. He finds a table suitable enough for his needs and ducks by it, putting it's immovable wooden and iron frame between him and the door. A minute goes by. Two. Three. He finally hops up to his feet, and, smoothing out his fancy but worn clothing, and readjusting a belt holding a long, slender scabbard at his left, and a smaller, fatter scabbard on his right.

"Oh, son of a-"" he begins with a sort of childish moan, noticing that his beloved rapier isn't in it's rightful place at his side. With a determined march, he opens the tavern door, noticing his slender weapon in the mud just outside the door.

"Oh! Precious! Thank the Traveller I've found you!" he exclaims, quickly wiping down the blade on a drunkard's back before sheathing it, and, with no sense of courtesy, downs the man's pint before he can protest.

Finally noticing the half-elf and the others, Arturo struts over, flopping down into a seat facing the tavern door. At the offer of a mug of ale, he takes it up, swallows it down and plants the mug down hard in one smooth motion. Without an invitation, he fills his mug up once more, and, with that same gracious movement, downs it, again with a loud 'clack' as he slams the mug back down.

"Kay, buddy... Faresworth? Foresworth? Whatever your name is, I'm here, in the flesh, the glorious Arturo Haus at your service. Now, there's a small issue about 25 crowns? I may be a gracious man, but business is business."
    RIP Richard Wright: 1943 - 2008

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Fierna Ebinor

...-ompletely ridiculous, that's what his so called "discovery" it is, rubbish just rubbish, the mere single thought of the Kalashtar beign- Huh? What in Aureon's name...

Fierna lifts her head from her book and walks around the table, to finally sit on the remaining spot.

errr...my excuses for my late arrive, My interest go caught somehow...

she shoves the book into her Shoulder bag, and picks the drink, sniffing it a little.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

8. - Top - End - #8

Gabe
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you glance nervously around the bar you see two humans at a table near the middle of the room eyeing you. The third human at the table seems to be telling the other two a tale and doesn't even notice you though, and as you walk by you catch the end of it.

"... so the gnome wench had to get up on a step-ladder!"

The two men take their eyes off of you and burst into laughter, returning to their drinks with gusto.

Zalivane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though you wrack your brain for any connection to either the bar or the man in front of you, you come up with nothing

The half-elf looks around at you all with concern until the flame haired girl steps up to the table, causing his face to split into a grin.

"Ah, Fierna! I was afraid that you wouldn't find your way here. I'm afraid that you'll have to leave aside your scholarly interests for a little while, I need a favor from my prized student after all. Don't worry about the ale either," he holds up a small iron rod with a green line down it's length, "I've already checked it."

The man is a little taken aback by Arturo's demand but he squares himself and tries to address you all. He clearly seems to reading from an internal script but fumbles the dialogue early on.

“Err greetings- I mean, hello, or maal’duun as the goblonoids would say. Ha… haha… *ahem*” the man seems to choke on his own bad attempt at a jest before continuing, “Now, umm… oh dear,” he wipes his forehead with a handkerchief, “I’ve never done this sort of thing before, but it’s said that you should always start with introductions, I am Professor Aelton Forworth of Morgrave University. You,” he nods to Arturo, "Must be Arturo, and the rest are Zalivane, Gabe, Garome and Mortimus, my scholarly friend and student here is Fierna."

Aelton digs into his cloak and brings out small piles of coins, which he hands to you each in turn.

"Here's what I promised, I hope that you will all stay though, I can promise more gold if you can help me," Aelton leans over the table and whispers the next part, "One hundred and fifty gold each," he leans back, "So, will you hear me out?"

*What he hands each of you are 2 platinum coins and 5 gold coins*
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-01 at 12:02 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

Zalivane absently dumps the gold into a feather-lined sack at his waist.
    He scratches behind his ear.
    "I don't care. I'll listen."

After about a second, he turns to the Garome. "You didn't answer my question about your leg. What, exactly, happened to it? Still hurt?

"It is very curious that you would choose us out of a metropolis, Forworth. Very strange indeed."

Listeners would begin to notice that Zalivane has a heavier Elven accent than most.

10. - Top - End - #10

Gabe

Gabe calms down slightly. Most of his concerns involved him not getting paid for some reason or another, and have therefore just been eliminated. " I can't say for sure if I'll be interrested," Gabe claims, already thinking about what he could do with one-hundred and fifty gold, "but I'll certainly listen."
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-09-01 at 12:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Arturo

Taking the promised coin gleefully, Arturo makes to leave. But the sound of one-hundred fifty crowns is too much to turn down. "Ah, you certainly know my language. You'll find a little coin goes a long way with your good buddy Arturo Gregor Haus here." he says, pouring another mug of ale, and calling the barkeep for another pitcher.

Taking into his pint, Arturo can't help but suspect this frail man. For certain he couldn't best Arturo in combat alone, but there's any number of insane things this feeble person could be capable of, blubbering persona or not.

All the same, Arturo begins to focus on the inflection of the man's voice, the number of times he's stuttering, his body language, and much more. There's no telling whether or not this guy's working for that blasted Gamble House Warden, but if he is, it's time to get going.

"Continue with your proposition, friend." Arturo says calmly, slouching back in his chair, quickly finishing off his pint, leaning forward only to pour a fifth.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive check:

(1d20+5)[6]

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show

if that is alcohol your drinking, i think some whether-or-not-your-drunk checks are in order.

Mortimus

I will gladly listen to you, as it stands, I am in need of some money myself. He calmly picks up to coins and puts them into his pocket. Although, I too wonder why you would pick us. Care to elaborate?

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #13

Arturo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something about this man irked you from the very start, and now you can put your finger on it. The body language, the way he paused and chocked on words, how he hesitantly poured the ale, everything points to one thing; everything was perfect about the man's mannerisms... too perfect.

This professed professor is the best actor you've ever seen, and only your trained eye to such things alerted you to this fact. The girl, this Fierna, is probably in on his act too. The

And I'd like you to make a Fortitude save (don't worry, the DC isn't high), you have chugged down 4 cups of ale in less than a minute.

"Well, Fierna here is a student of mine at the university and her ability to apply knowledge to have tangible effects would be of great help to our group here. As for the rest of you, Zalivane I heard of from a friend of mine who had just gotten back from an expedition to Xen' Drik on the same vessel as you and he mentioned that you seemed to be a capable fellow.

As for Gabe we share a mutual acquaintance of a flealike variety. Arturo you are, well, less than reserved and are well known as a bounty hunter and for... err, other pursuits. As for you Mortimus,"
    he nods at the knight, "A friend of mine in the church mentioned that you seemed to be looking for some direction and vouched for your character. And Garome, you I thought of after seeing you ride into the city on your remarkable dinosaur. Anyone who gets along with animals must be a good fellow."

Having explained his choices Aelton claps his hands together and leans forwards over the table.

“So, on to the task at hand. I was, that is to say my home was, robbed last week. I woke in the dark to a loud crash and I uh… I ran out of my bedroom to see two darkly cloaked figures fleeing out of my study window. Luckily Mr. Tibbins wasn’t injured, I think that he might have spooked the robbers. But I digress, they stole a number of small knick-knacks from my travels, some jewelry that has been passed down through my family, some coin and,” he pauses here, eyes wide, “a package of research materials. It is imperative that you get that package back!”

“Since the treaty of Thronehold was written I’ve been spending my time researching the demise of several families of Brelish nobility. It is sad, but the war claimed a great deal of good and noble people. Why,” his eyes flare with passion, “Drassen ir’Balach’s treatise on flesh grafting for those with burns was remarkable! If he had survived the attack on Sword Keep ninety years ago, the world might very well be a different place.”

Aelton snaps out of his memories and coughs loudly.

“Well, to sum things up I had recently, and quite accidentally truth be told, found a reference to the ir’Balach family estate out in the countryside. The family died with Drassen and his estate was effectively lost. Drassen hadn’t been very popular in the Brelish court so he was quickly forgotten. So, I found an account from a friend of the family from two hundred years ago that didn’t just describe the manor and the area around it but also the ir’Balach family crypt. This is my chance, my big chance to lead an expedition on the very soil of Breland to uncover the personal notes of a medical genius, I’d be sure to get tenure then.”

“But now, with that robbery everything has gone horribly wrong. I don’t care about all of the valuables that they stole but that folder had all of my notes. Someone of capable intellect could put everything together and go out to rob the tomb, or worse they could just get rid of it when they find out that it’s worthless on it’s own. Which brings us to the crux of you all being here.”

“I want, no I need you to find the thieves that took my notes and get them back. Do what you want to the rogues, I don’t really care about what happens to them. All that matters are the notes. Simple enough, eh? Any questions?”
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-01 at 03:35 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mortimus

Mortimus's eyebrow quirks just a little. A friend from the church mentioned him to be of good character. He wondered who that could be. He didn't know a lot of people from the Church, but a few names came to mind.

That is all very well and interesting Professor Aelton, but as you say, they have the notes. Unless you have any idea of who would steal from you, and why they would steal a few knick-knacks as you describe them, I think it would be best if we just headed straight to this spot. Surely you remember the description from your notes.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-01 at 03:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Gabe

Gabe is surprised by his connection with the half-elf. He had left The Fleas a few years ago. Who, other than an elf or two and possibly Drifter himself, would even remember his name. The job interrests him, he can't see how it could be any sort of trick or scam, and it isn't even illegal. Even so, he doesn't fully trust the half-elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see if I can do this worse than Arturo did.

sense motive - (1d20+2)[3]

Apparently that's a yes.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-09-01 at 04:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Arturo

Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude Save:

(1d20+3)[8]

At the phrase "a well known bounty-hunter", Arturo chimes in with a hearty "Damn right! Better than that hack William Ancreson in Stormreach!", but otherwise, he pays good attention to the story Forsworth tells, finishing his fifth pint, but not pouring another.

At the wrap-up, Arturo pipes up again, "Hell! Fetching a few documents for a-hundred fifty crowns? Count me in. I've been feeling rather restless as of late, and some simple task such as this would be more than enough to tide me over until the REAL work comes in!"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Garome

"A hunt then?" Garome replies while studying the patrons just entering the tavern. "At least that much is worthwhile. If the only lead you can provide is the scene of the crime, we should waste no time going there. The trail grows colder the longer we wait."

Spoiler
    Show

To see if he is holding anything back:
    Sense Motive - (1d20+3)[6]

(All the cool kids are failing them! )

18. - Top - End - #18

Fierna Ebinor

Fierna remains quietly on her place, eyeing the rest of the group carefully while slowly finishing her first cup

Spoiler
    Show
    joining the Sense motive bandwagon: (1d20+3)[21]

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

19. - Top - End - #19

Arturo

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge: Local - (1d20+5)[18]

Sitting there, listening to cross-discussion from the others, Arturo tries to piece together what things of the Half-Elf's story he recognises.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

The Drow scratches his hairless chin. Was this what he had resorted to? Playing detective? Ludicrous.
    But then again, it was money. Money was required to survive for a little while longer.

A little while.

I agree with - Garome, is it? I agree with Garome. I have my fair share of questions; but doubtless, the answers will be predictable."

"For example, surely, there are more qualified Inquisitives you could ask?"

"Where, exactly, is your household?"

"And of course, as always, 'is there anyone with any reason who would want said items? Say, an assistant who knows their value... oh, you know this sort of thing."

Spoiler
    Show

I dunno. I'm just not feelin' it right now! Ach! I want to be more... into it!

21. - Top - End - #21

Arturo

"Ah! A good question my fine purple friend!" Arturo exclaims at Zalivane, patting him on an armoured shoulder.

"Your place of residence would be the best place to start looking for clues! By the Gods, we seem just like regular sleuths!"

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Gabe
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's telling the complete truth, you can almost see the sincerity radiate off of him. As he says it's the notes that he's really concerned about rather than everything else, but he's lying about knowing a member of the Fleas, he must know you from somewhere else.

Garome
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though he's telling the truth about the stolen items and his drive to get them back you're not so certain that he really decided upon choosing you by freak coincidence by the entrance to Sharn.

Arturo
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you haven't heard of the family before, you know that the ir' prefix to the last name Balach denotes nobility, specifically wealth and power. You're also starting to feel those first four drinks sitting heavily in you stomach, you feel like moving around quickly would be a very bad idea.

"Ah, therein lies the problem," Aelton shakes his head to Mortimus' question, "I was close to ferreting out where the manor and crypt are but on the night that they were stolen I learned that I needed to check a map that we have in the library dated one-hundred years ago. While I know that the manor is somewhere in a forest in Breland and that it was situated on a high point of land that describes too many locations. If I looked at the map I may get a minor detail wrong and divine it to be in the wrong forest. No," he sighs and shakes his sadly again, "The margin for error is just too high, I need my notes to compare the features exactly. If I can't prove where it is I can't get funding from the University."

"Going to my house, that's exactly the right thing to do!" he beams at Garome, "I stayed in my room at the University after I was robbed just so that I didn't make a muck of things. And I did try to hire an inquisitive but..." he seems reluctant to continue but swallows and plows on through, "The word seems to have gotten out that I can't be taken seriously. Last year I hired one to find my cat, Mr. Tibbins, who had run away, only a week later I found him with the lady in the apartment below mine. Six months ago I hired another one, again for the same reason, but the man I hired brought back six cats before getting the right one. And four months ago... they've stopped taking my requests. So, I thought to bring together outside talent, as it were. As for anyone else knowing about my project and taking advantage of it only my administrator and Fierna here know about it. My administrator has been in Karranth for the past two weeks, so I doubt that she has anything to do with this and I would trust Fierna with my very thesis."

"There's something that I forgot, right after I heard the crash I heard a voice in raspy goblin say," Aelton coughs and barks out a sentance in goblin, ""Haar rhan, Muurac, maagaan o shuulkhar!” or in common, “Get back here Muurac, you coward! Logically, this Muurac was one of the ones to break into my apartment and then ran away for some reason," he strokes his chin, "Perhaps Mr. Tibbins startled him? In any case I think the next step is for you all to take a look at my place in the Ivy Towers, it's just a few minutes away from the University. I have a skycoach waiting for us a few blocks away, I retained the driver for tonight," Aelton stands, "So, shall we go?"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-01 at 09:58 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

A speck of emotion or excitement almost crosses Zalivane's face at the prospect of really, genuinely getting to do something interesting.

When Arturo slaps Zalivane, he simply turns to look at the human.
    "I like you. You are... Arturo, correct?
    Your demeanor in the face of inescapable cataclysm is admirable indeed!"

Tell me, how do you remain so... chipper?"

"The logical step is to accept your offer and head for Ivy Tower. How long has it been since you were burgled? I am sorry, I was not listening before."

Zalivane stands up, itchy to go. "If I have further queries, I will direct them to you in the coach."
    Last edited by Phantom.exe; 2008-09-01 at 10:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

very well Professor Aelton. It will be harder that you dont know anything, and i cant guarentee that we will find them, but I shall try my best.

With that he stands up, but couldnt help but noticing that Aelton failed to answer why he was stolen from. Maybe he didnt know, but maybe he did. Who knew?

If i may ask, which member from the church gave you my name?
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-09-01 at 10:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Arturo

Taking longer than anyone to piece through the story, Arturo looks near sleep. Then suddenly, he bursts out "Skycoach! Excellent. I dun' fink I'd be enneh good at wall-king." and with a satisfyingly alcohol-reeking burp, he shoots up out of his chair, only to fall backwards over it, tossing the empty mug still clutched in his hand clear across the room and through the window onto the street.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Arturo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice roleplay on the stumbling, you take 2 temporary Dex damage and 1 temporary Wis damage as well for being drunk .

Just before Arturo's acrobatic feat Aelton responds to Mortimus.

"Hierophant Argus told me. We meet together for a drink now and again and talk about the history of his church, I helped him put together a treatise that he had written about your faith's expansion and the cultural barriers that held it back. Your name came up while I was talking about my students and I asked him if there was anyone that he thought had potential in his clergy. He thinks very highly of you."

Aelton looks like he's about to say more but suddenly Arturo flails his way over backwards. The cup sails through the window with a tinkle of broken glass and a slop sound as the mug lands in the muck outside. Patrons all over the bar stand up and clutch at their purses or weapons as they look around for the sign of the disturbance. When they all see the stumbling of the drunk Arturo each person in the room sits down slowly, all eyeing each other.

The barmaid suddenly appears from behind the counter and glares at your group before plodding over.

"Five gold for the window, or ya'ain't leavin'." She holds up her very club-like tray and when you look at the impromtu weapon you can see a bit of scalp stuck in a knothole.

Spot and Listen checks from all please.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-01 at 11:58 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Gabe

While he still doesn't quite trust Aelton's claimed connection to The Fleas, Gabe is confident in the legitimacy of this job. "I'm sure you've heard that finding things is something I'm good at." notes the diminuative rogue. "Let's head ofer and see if I can't find any useful clues." He stands up, ready to leave whenever the rest of the group is. The heaviest doubt troubling him bein;

Do we really need the drunkard?

28. - Top - End - #28

(Of course the DM posts while I'm working on one)

Spoiler
    Show

spot - (1d20+9)[12]
    listen - (1d20+11)[23]
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-09-01 at 11:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

This was such a predictable move from such an inebriated companion.

"My companion did not mean to damage your window."

"Does it really matter what difference the window will make come morning? The Kyrot birds probably will stay away from such a strong-smelling establishment."

"Really. Do you care?"

Spot(d20)[5]
    Listen(d20)[4]
    Diplomacy (d20+1)[16]

If I roll under 10 on the Diplomacy, I immideatly jump to solve the problem with the logical item:

"Never mind. I will pay for my mate."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

checks:
    Spoiler
    Show

spot: (1d20+4)[13]
    listen(1d20-1)[4]

Mortimus

He grimaces as he stands up. Once again. Aelton had managed to evade his questions. With on heave, he picks Arturo up by the shoulder and prepares to take him to the coach.