New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default City of Neonates

And so, across Europe, North America, Austrailia, the young Malkavian Archon traveled looking for kindred brave enough to help him in a task many said was at best pointless and at worst impossible. He found a few volunteers to aid him. His task was reclaiming his hometown of Happensburg from the Sabbat.

The meetup point is in West Strand, a neighboring city about 12 miles north of Happensburg. Following the fall of the Camarilla in Happensburg, the few survivors regrouped in what was then a suburb. But their presence in the city needed to be masked, so they built up the city economically which encouraged a population migtration. (Consider this, Happensburg is like Chicago a large city with a wide range of economic and cultural groups; West Strand is like Naperville, where all the rich people from Chicago who can afford big houses with big yards and SUVs live. It's a suburb of Chicago, but it is also the 5th largest city in Illinois)

(to give you some idea of where Happensburg is, It is in the American Pacific Northwest. It is located on a fictional river about 22 miles inland. West Strand is located on the coast)

The meeting place is in the American Legion Hall, the building is closed, but a guard has a list of names and he checks each of yours off as you enter. The building is otherwise empty. You are to meet in the conference room reserved for the Anne Rice late night book club. The conference room has a table with 18 chairs around it. The chairs, thankfully are not folding chairs. Rather, someone sprung for comfortable office chairs complete with pleather cushions and armrests.

The room has a blackboard and someone has written "Topic: Does Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt mean Anne Rice is now a Jesus Freak?" Clearly someone is having fun with the cover story. Over on the other side of the room, on a small counter top rests a pot of coffee and a box of doughnuts. Next to the pot of coffee is a sign saying Doughnuts and coffee cost $.50. But someone modified the sign to further clarify that it was $.50 each, so a dollar for both a doughnut and a coffee.

Sitting at the head of the table is a man you recognize by description, the leader of the survivors from Happensburg and Prince of West Strand: Prince Belegos. He welcomes each into the room and and offeres them a seat.

Use Red for OOC statements please
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-02 at 12:10 PM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: City of Neonates

Damarys is sits on her Prince Belegos' left, she is a powerful presence in the room even next to the Prince, she waits silently for the others to arrive.

Damarys wears the attire of a business woman, black suit jacket, short black skirt, lime green silk blouse and high heeled shoes, her brown hair is tied up in a tight bun and her hazel eyes peer over the top of a pair of tortoise shell reading glasses.

Next to her on the floor is a black leather laptop case and on the table sits a still steaming cup of coffee, she takes a sip, her ruby lips glistening with moisture.

She spins a Parker pen between her fingers and occasionally glances at her watch, impatient for the others to arrive and to get the meeting started.
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-07-02 at 12:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Clark walks into the meeting room and takes one disgusted look around at the oddly clean atmosphere, could be worse I mean there could always be snobs lurking in a place like this. His gaze then fell to the two waiting for him, the prince and a very impatient white collar his snobdar was going off but decided to play it out nice.

OCC: No offense people it is just the way he preceives things :P

Finally after looking at the coffee and remembering just how much he used to love that crap he sat down in one of the big chairs. He was slightly shocked to find himself sinking ever so slightly into the chair, deciding to make the most of this almost disgusting show of luxury he lifts his feet up and rests them on the table, some mud on his boots ruins the gleaming surface.

After finally making himself comfortable he looks around at the room more carefully, best know where one is before becoming comfy after all. After it meets his standards he just looks at the ceiling bored waiting for the others.

OCC: Also when it comes time to roll things please explain it to me as I have never done it in this game :P Also archon I will work on editing my character sheet as you suggested.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Castor Graves

By the blackboard stood a man in a tan trenchcoat and fedora. Castor Graves was a shade over six feet tall, with curly brown hair and shrewd green eyes hidden by the hat as he pondered the writing. He remained silent and nearly ignoring the other important players in the room, nearly the antithesis to Damarys in her impatience. His only movement was to reach up with a leather-gloved hand and scratch at his chin while remaining deep in thought, looking at the question on the board like he was debating the great mysteries of the universe. Castor hadn't taken a doughnut or a cup of coffee, but upon arriving had promptly deposited a dollar folded origami-style like a swan into the money cup.

At long last, he reached over and pinched a piece of chalk between his fingers and touched it to the blackboard below the question. In a series of deft strokes, he answered Archelaus wasn't the king. Jesus chooses his freaks. Rice didn't know the difference. before calmly replacing the chalk exactly where he had found it. He wiped the chalk on a handkerchief he produced and then quickly returned to one of his pockets and then left the chalkboard to find his seat. He found one two seats down from Prince Belegos's right hand and folded his hands in his lap.

At this angle, one could get a better look at Castor's face. He wasn't hideous, but he was just ugly enough that most people wouldn't give him a second look. He was casually nondescript, just another face in the crowd, seemingly harmless. He didn't give off the kind of aura the Prince nor even Damarys cultivated. In fact, he just looked vaguely bored and inattentive, as if he were listening to something nearly out of earshot and passing the rest of the room over.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah Clark

A woman walks into the room dressed in a long dress jacket. It's hood covers her face at first, but as soon as she is safely within the room, she throws it back to reveal a face ravaged by her embrace. It is likely that she was once pretty, but now her face is a mass of creased and wrinkled flesh. Beyond that, some of the looser flesh (earlobes, nose, etc.) looks almost as if it is rotting off her body. If she were still human, one might guess she was well over 100 years of age, but her body still moves with the grace of a 20-something year old. Her thinning hair is greyed and frizzing and hanging just below her shoulders. A pair of small, stylish glasses sits on what is left her nose. When she removes the coat, beneath it she is wearing a revealing, attractive green dress that shows off her curves. However, these are curves that no one in there right mind would want to see, these curves are covered in the same wrinkled, liver spotted, and decaying flesh that was on her face. Still, she does not seem at all self-concious of her appearance.

She hangs the coat on one of the hooks near the door and makes her way across the room to have a seat in one of the empty chairs. She leans forward, with her arms crossed on the table in front of her. A wry grin appears on her lips and she says, "Good evening everyone. So, when does this show get underway?" In complete contrast to her appearance her voice is silky smooth. It is the kind of low purr that would put a tigeress to shame.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-07-03 at 01:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

The next to enter the room is a child, couldn't be more than 7-9 years old. With a moppy hair cut and a deep concetrating look, he enters the room playing a gameboy, he barely glances up. Dressed in clothes suited to the new style and fashion, this kid doesn't look out of place for the times, but looks out of place compared to everyone else in the room.

Finding an open seat he sits down in it, and crosses his legs in the chair. Putting down the gameboy, he finally looks around the room. "Names Erik, What's up everyone, I haven't done my homework is that going to be a problem teacher" with that a large smirk appears on Eriks face, and he errupts into laughs.

Picking back up his gameboy he once again fades out on the room and seems almost entranced into his game.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-07-02 at 10:57 AM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Iuliana

A woman of medium build strode in wearing a pair of tight leather pants, knee high stiletto boots, a concert t-shirt and a small black leather jacket. He long black hair flowed behind her, framing her face well. Her cheeks were full of color, which was quite odd for a creature of the night. Her eyes were striking, as if pulling a person into them.

Iuliana's footsteps were meaningful, and they brought her to the closest chair, to which she plopped down in and leaned back. She carefully eyed the others gathered at the table.

"Evenin' to you all," she said, a european accent quite obvious in her words. Her appearance screamed of an over the top goth, but her demeanor was polite and seemingly out of character.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concept Art:
    Last edited by HellFencer; 2008-07-02 at 12:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold Thurgoode

A creature resembling a man slides through the door, so surreptitiously to almost not be noticed. He's truly horrific, with a large mishapen head, wispy brown hair, and gray-green skin covered in pockmarks, lesions, and tumorous pustules. His lips have receded, giving the impression that he's constantly grinning, and his ever-visible fangs are long and yellow. His arms are lanky and his fingers are long and gangly bearing ragged fingernails. He walks hunched over, but he moves quickly and easily. His clothing consists of a ragged pair of jeans, and a black t-shirt. He sticks to the walls, almost impulsively, taking in the rest of them. He scowls openly, looking around. His gaze drops onto Sarah, where it focuses for a second, before he steps further into the center of the room, and respectively inclines his head at the prince. "Top of the evening, boss." He glances around, nodding to those gathered. "Folks."
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

9. - Top - End - #9

George

Like the Prince and Damarys George Walters entrance was accompanied by a powerful sense of presence.

He wore a fine Armani gray pinstripe suit with a solid red silk tie. His brown hair was cut close to his head, and he had piercing blue eyes. He gives a respectful nod as the Prince bid him to be seated.

From the offered seat the young man scans all the people who had been gathered here, and sizes them up. He met their gaze with a steady one of his own, if they would let him. Some these Kindred he knew about, others he didn't, he was reasonably sure he would be learning about them all real soon.

OOC : I will be leaving Wednesday night and I will be out of state for weekend and the week after. I'll have my laptop, but borrowed internet access, and be required to 'spend some time with the family so I don't know how responsive I will be. (If I go silent you will know why :) )

10. - Top - End - #10

EvilClericGuy

"I see we are all here now." Archon Walters says as he puts down some papers he was looking at. No one noticed his presence until now. He just appeared at the foot of the table. Or is the head of the table? Archons technically held more authority than a Prince, but this was Belegos's city . . . only the experienced in Kindred customs would know who was sitting in the position of authority and dominance, here. PMing the people who would knowOtherwise it appears the two have placed themselves on equal grounds of authority.

Walters continues, "Many of you have traveled a long ways and have given up your homes, friends, and allies to take part in a mission few view as worthy. Happensburg is one of the few Sabbat strongholds in the Pacific Northwest, while the Sabbat continues to hold strong in Detroit, and the East Coast. But we are fortunate, while the Sabbat fights to hold the ground they have taken in the last decade, their forces here must struggle on their own to maintain the dominance they have built, and it is not as strong as others believe.

"Prince Belegos of West Strand has offered his city as a bas ground for us. Your prescence here at this meeting is your introduction and presentation to him. He has led the survivors of Happensburg since its fall. For that he is to be respected. But his Kindred cannot retake the city alone, and so you are here to take it back. For this you are acknowledged by Prince Belegos and given permission to reside in his city." The Archon looks to the Prince half questioning and half expecting.

Belegos nods his head with a forced smile. Then Belegos speaks, "Now that your acknowledgement has been granted, I would like to know each of you and what plans you have to retake my c... our hometown." (It's like he starts to say my city but corrects himself mid-word.)

"Of course I already know you already Damarys, but why don't you introduce yourself for everyone else."
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes Sir"

Damarys stands from her seat and takes a deep breath.

"Damarys Johanneson, Grade 3 CSI city of Happensburg, graduated with honours from Happensburg University where I majored in BioChemical Sciences."

Stopping momentarily Damarys takes a sip of her coffee.

"Working 3 years now for the Kindred in Happensburg, covering our operations there and making life problematic for the resident Sabbat, I have access to all the criminal records in the city, save those of the highest bureaucracy."

Damarys takes off her glasses at this point and looks around the room, catching the eye of any who are looking (Though I doubt Erik will have put down the GB!) her voice changes slightly, from militant to lyrical

"I was embraced 3 years ago by Marina, a ventrue thralled to Belegos, as I am now. I live in Happensburg and see the daily atrocities the Sabbat perpetrate there. I would like to welcome you all to the struggle for Happensburg."

She pauses for a moment again to allow her words to sink in and then sits.
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-07-02 at 10:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Clark Bannon

Clark remains seated and listens to Damarys introduction, sounded like a drill instructor trying to show the troops he is not a completely heartless but backfires and makes them think of them as even more heartless. After she finishes speaking and sits back down Clark clears his throat very loudly and coughs before speaking up.

"Name is Clark, that will do. Not much to know about me really, I have just been on the roads since embrace and I didn't do much before that. Consider me a wandering scholar."

Clark puts his hand into his coat and fiddles with something for a moment before thinking of something else to say.

"I have been hunting for something for the last few years with little success, other than that I have been doing odd jobs for other kindred I meet in my travels."

Clark goes silent as if remembering some long past moment of great importance. He snaps back into it and resumes speaking.

"Uhhh... that is all..."

He falls silent again and feels glad he got it out of the way, he always hated introductions in school, guess that never changed. He looks around the room waiting for the next to speak up and tell their oh so exciting life story.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Castor Graves

"Hurm...name's Castor Graves. College not important. Used to be a beat cop...got beat. Fought them in Chicago. Moved here." Castor droned in half-sentences, sticking to the bare bones and basics of it all. He didn't seem to have a real gift for speaking. "Plan is take their advantage on the streets and in the PD away. Get rid of the dirty cops, set the good ones on the gangs we don't like. Scare up the underworld bosses. Clean things up. We find the leaders and kill them all. Don't bother with the shovelheads until later. Eh...the specifics too much to explain now. Will later when relevant."

That was all Castor had to say, as he then proceeded to take out a pad and pen and started to scribble something in the little notebook in the tiniest corner of an almost completely full page. He discouraged any attempt at looking over his shoulder and once again seemed to tune out the conversation.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

Sarah listens carefully as the others introduce themselves. After Castor speaks, she sits up a little straighter in her chair. "I guess it's my turn to speak," she says. As she continues, she taps her vibrantly painted nails on the polished table top in front of her. "I am Sarah, Sarah Clark. I was embraced about five years ago now. Since then I've been working for Walter Morrow, mostly doing odd computer jobs, some webpage design, some hacking, a little bit of everything really. He thought maybe I could be of some help up here, so he suggested I come, and here I am."

She leans back in her chair. "I've already found a few interesting morsels of information, but I'm sure we'll get to those later."

15. - Top - End - #15

Erik

Glancing around the room during the introductions Erik always seems to refocus back on his gameboy. When they started introductions he slinked a little farther down in his chair hoping he would be passed over. Finally after a few people had gone and he realized people were glancing at those that were left, him being one of them, he decided to take his turn and get it over with.

Flipping off the gameboy, which no one the whole time they have been watching him has seen him hit any buttons other than the d-pad (the directional pad), he stands up and removes his glasses. Holding his glasses in one hand and the gameboy in the other he begins to figit rather nervously.

My names Erik, I volunteered for this assignment to help the camrilla, regain some of there lost territory, in addition to bringing me and my clan more prestige from the kindred. I was embraced young by my long sought to be dead grandfather, as I was going to die anyways, as a way to help me actually live a life. At that he beings to chuckle and mutter under his breath, Killing me to keep me from dying.

Almost suddenly he puts back on his glasses and turns back on his gameboy, sitting down in the chair, he looks around the room and seeing people still looking at him, he slinks down and pulls himself in. Sitting in almost the fetal position, with his knees to his chest. He begins to stare intently at his gameboy again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

16. - Top - End - #16

Iuliana

Coming around the end of the introductions, Iuliana stood up and looked around the room. "Name's Iuliana Biszku. I sing and play guitar for Tyrant, maybe you hear of us? Anyway, I come here to help retake city, look better in eyes of higher-ups. Maybe learn more about thaumaturgy as well," she said, her voice thick with an accent that resembled russian.

Iuliana continued, "My embrace was... neatly done, and very unexpected. Best thing to happen to me, since learning guitar."

She sat back down, and kicked her boots up onto the table to relax a little more. Her hands went behind her head and she smiled, showing how vibrant she was. Her cheeks flushed with color, since she got off on the attention.

17. - Top - End - #17

Erik

While hearing Iuliana speak Erik is barely paying attention like always, but once she mentions thaumaturgy his head tilts a little but still not taking his eyes off his screen. A few seconds later he smiles slightly, and nods. All of this is almost unnoticable to those not trained highly to observe others.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-07-03 at 10:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold moves over to a seat and sits down at the table "The name's Harold Thurgoode. I used to lead a gang in L.A. I was forcefully embraced by a kindred who I consider to be a stain on the world." He sits back, yellow eyes in sunken sockets never really stop looking around the room. "My thing is killin quietly. Never let em know you're there. That's what I'm good at. That's why I'm here." He sits back in the chair, kneading his hands and looking around.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Castor Graves

If Erik looked in Castor's direction, he would notice that the eccentric man had been watching him with some interest as Iuliana spoke. Perhaps he was just wondering why a child vampire had been allowed to live, as many Camarilla domains expressly forbid the making of such things. He didn't seem to observe any social niceties in the way he stared without even a vague attempt at covering it. Then, in a strange parroting of the way Erik had done it, Castor smiled and nodded briefly before going back to writing in his notebook. Maybe he was writing about the others, maybe he had a great idea for a mystery novel, but either way any glimpse of the notebook would only produce views of a strange, indecipherable shorthand. Sometimes he'd start at the bottom of the page, write right to left, randomly capitalize letters or write in numbers. Nothing he wrote seemed to make sense to anyone but Castor.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Erik

for Castor
    Spoiler
    Show

you would also notice while he is looking at the screen and "playing" the gameboy, he is mainly just using the down arrow, he has not used the side arrows or any other button on the machine. as you would also notice that if you looked at his eyes, they are going from left to right, top to bottom before a button is pushed again.

The only thing that has sparked his interested or even made him glance upward was her mention of thaumaturgy, and it was more of an inquisitive glance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

When the child first stands, Sarah regards him with a look of almost disgust. Why would anyone? It is just completely wrong.Still, she listens to his story. As he peaks, her face appears to soften somewhat though. Maybe that's okay. He was dying anyway. But still...

Even after he sits back down, her eyes linger on him. She is not really paying that close of attention to what he is doing, instead she is deep within her own thoughts. She does continue to listen to the introductions out of one ear however.

(Since she's not really paying attention to what the child is doing, I won't bother with the perception check.)
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-07-03 at 02:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

EvilClericGuy

Since estradling is going to be busy. Let's assume that his character introduces himself next and we will assume he goes here. I'll go back and edit this so the posts go chronologically. Meanwhile, the scene goes on.

Prince Belegos nods and waveshis hand. "Wonderful, now I suspect that Archon Walters has more tactical and strategic stuff to say."

Walters reaches under the table and starts putting briefcases on the conference table. He starts thumbing through various papers. "Yes I do. There are a variety of things to discuss and plots to ponder, blab blab blab blab blab. . . ."

He passes two brief cases to George, "This is stuff you might be interested in . . ."

Walters goes on. "Much of the Sabbat will be resemble street gangs. Damarys, I trust that you will know the police force best so I will let you speak on how you feel is best to exploit that resource. Just let us know what you need and we will accomodate."

He pulls out a few maps and passes them to the two Tremere in the room. "I had to translate three books written in ancient Greek into Spanish to get this information. There were no Tremere survivors of the Sabbat attack so this info is second hand at best. The Chantry was the first casualty of the battle. But it was believed that the Tremere kept backup chantries and havens. Provided that the Sabbat do not know of these, then you may find some resources at the locations circled in red."

"Now I believe someone you might be interested in a decapitation strike on the Sabbat's leadership. This is a good idea because when there is a power vacuum in the Sabbat, infighting, bloody infighting, bloody infighting that leads to death of more Sabbat leaders follows. But we will need to be prepared for the fallout that will follow.

"What we know of the Sabbat leader in happensburg is sketchy. This is not a might leader. He is basically a Charismatic religious preacher who commands a destructive mob. Now some of you know much about the Sabbat, others will get a crash course. I will say that the Sabbat parodies the Catholic Church, So we are up against the Archbishop of Happensburg. We know its a Lasombra and we know it has real ties and control over the Church in Happensburg, possibly the mob too. We do not know if we speak of a male or a female. Nor do we know a name. It mostly comes out of its haven too feed and give sermons to the gathered Sabbat. Occassionally it will personally smack around those it feels are incompetant.

"We need to get more information before we tangle directly with this monster. We also need to be prepared for the damage and chaos it's death will bring." With that he passes out more papers to everyone. the papers were bullet pointed highlights of the information he was giving.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold leans forward, listening intently to the Archon's synopsis of the situation. When he's finished speaking, Harold snickers "Decapitation strike sounds about right to me. I know something of street gangs, too, but what I know could be a bit outdated. I also know something of power vacuums. Heh, took only a month for my crew to fall apart when I uhh went away."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damarys reaches down into her laptop bag and pulls out a widescreen HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop (my own personal weapon of choice) opens the screen, and turns it around so that all can see, it displays an excel spreadsheet filled with the following data:

{table] Gang name:| Nuit Norr|Hands of Chaos|Cornstalkers|Lightbulbs|Tatoo|Tat Too|TaTu
    Approx. No. of Members:|6-20|10-22|10-12|8-10|6-8|8-12|12-14
    Leader:|Unknown|Transient Alpha|Harkonan|Berrin Kendall|John Spacey|Mike Spacey|Toby Spacey
    Regular Haunts:|Warehouse Districts|South Residential|4th to 16th Street|Night Clubs in the Central district|Industrial North|Industrial East|Industrial West
    [/table]

At the bottom of the page is an attached map of Happensburg with the Haunts highlighted and colormatched to the above text.

"As is evident the Sabbat have a stronghold on the cities petty criminal activities in these areas" Damarys double clicks the map filling the screen "I would suggest we influence the police operating in these parts of the city to increase their diligence, perhaps we could arrange a 'transfer' for Officer Graves into the appropriate jurisdiction, we can see from the data that the last 3 gangs inhabit the same area, and are in fact run by 3 brothers, since their embrace these 3 have fought for dominion, perhaps this would be a good lynchpin to pull. Secondly we need to turn the other criminals, gangs and mobs, of the city against these Sabbat gangs, though we have reason to believe that the major player mob, formed from a merger of the Salvatores and the O'Branans just after the Sabbat took the city, is controlled by a Sabbat elder. Mr. Thurgoode maybe you could use your reputation to infiltrate one of the lesser criminal 'organisations' and influence them to move against the mob." (she is using air quotes when quoted in the dialogue.)

"You can also see that some of our details are a little sketchy, particularly about the Hands of Chaos and Nuit Norr, reasons being that the former is incredibly animalistic and details about their haunts and leadership are very fluid, the Nuit Norr on the other hand are quite adept at hiding their activities in the city and, other than knowing they exist, everyting else is dust and shadow, some further intel on these groups is a priority"

Damarys turns to Sarah at this point "As yet we have been unable to trace or track how the Sabbat funds their 'operations' in the city, perhaps with your computing skills, Miss Clark, you would be able to detail the movements of their money."

"As I stated before I have access to criminal records for just about anyone in the city, so I should be able to dig up some dirt if we need to pressure someone in just the right way."

25. - Top - End - #25

Erik

As the Archon begins to talk the screen get's lowered and Erik focuses on him. Listening and nodding to everything that is said, you see an expression whether good or bad. It seems this little fella wears his emotions on his sleeve for most to see.

He stands up and bows towards the Archon and accepts the maps when presented. Ah thank you. I do know we appreciate the help you have given to us through this. And we will definately put these resources to work.

Taking a look across the room when everyone else is talking, once again he begins to nod towards there idea's.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

26. - Top - End - #26

Clark

With this little bit of news his keen mind was already beginning to grind and start turning. They attacked for more than just the objective of driving out the camerilla, they had a goal. They attacked a Tremere chantry first, places of knowledge and power for their clan. It could be possible that something had been hidden there as that would have been a hard target to crack and they attacked it first. Interesting, so the beasts had an animal like cunning to their savage ways.

He takes the papers he is given and then clears his throat "I think the most important objective of this little decapitation we are planning is knowledge. They attacked a chantry first before all other targets, it is just a hunch but something may have been located there. I think it is very important that we check it out and gather as much information as possible. If the search turns up nothing then we can rest easy that nothing powerful fell into their hands."

He pauses for a moment out of old habits and to give everyone time to let this sink in. "I think finding those other chantries is an important goal if nothing more than for help or supplies it will allow us to learn more about why they hit the main chantry first. We could go to either fist but we need to know if there was more to these attacks than simple savagery."

Pleased with his suggestion he realizes he was starting to lean forward in his chair because of the enthusiasm with which he explained himself, he slowly leans back as if realizing he may have overstepped his area of expectations.

Exile

27. - Top - End - #27

EvilClericGuy

Archon Walter's holds up his hand. "I have served for the Tremere Jusitcar's office. This comes with some experience. Your suggestion, would get you in a lot of trouble should any Tremere elders hear it. They tend to be protective of their chantries."

The Malkavian pulls out a map of the US. "About a decade ago, possiblly before your time, the Sabbat massed a massive surge attack on the East Coast of America. From Miami to Buffalo they hit every major and minor city held by the Camarillia and took them over. Except for two Cities, New York City and Washington DC. The Chantries in those two cities held out. New York held out because it already was a Sabbat city the Camarillia was trying to take over. DC was the last city to be hit, so it had enough forwarning to bolster its defenses. From these two chantries, We struck back at the Sabbat claiming both cities. And from there, we continued reclaiming the coast.

"So the Chantry is always struck first in a city, because if it doesn't fall, the Sabbat's entire raid will be unsuccessful."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold rolls his eyes. Archon Walters had, in his opinion, just taken the long way around a short answer. He gnaws on a dingy fingernail for a second, then crosses his arms and sits back. He looks around the room, trying to gauge the expressions of his new colleagues, before looking back to Walters. "So what're your suggestions?"

29. - Top - End - #29

EvilClericGuy

"I believe i have already given them."

See his long list of stuff a few posts up.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-04 at 06:37 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Castor Graves

The eccentric detective swivelled his chair slightly to engage Damarys in conversation, ignoring what was going on at the other end of the table. He tapped his pen on the table thoughtfully as he regarded her under the brim of his hat, and started chewing on it when he finally started to speak. "Hurm..." he muttered around the pen cap. "Unless you can explain why their new transfer doesn't ever take the day shift, your suggestion wouldn't work. According to police records, hurm...I'm dead." he said, taking the pen out of his mouth and wiping it on his coat.

"Should work gang angle. Help one of the brothers while taking out one of the gangs at the top of food chain...hurm...Take out Noir or Chaos, the others smell blood in the water. Use confusion to destroy another while giving police appropriate assistance." he suggested. "Enough shakeup and archbishop should show...hurm...but can't let them know it's us or they'll pull everyone in and come hunting. Need to frame someone...brother we helped, perhaps."
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-07-04 at 06:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show