New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plato - IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Plato - IC

Dan heads over to the emergency exit and looks out.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Waldo
    The door towards the rear seems an option, as it is unblocked, and will only warrant a slightly uncomfortable squeeze between it and the rock, and you're pretty sure it swings into the next room.

Dan
    Out the door, you can see for a couple hundred feet until the landscape ends with a large, steep gray cliff. What seems to be a forest laden with tall trees, grass, shrubs, gently rolling hills, and even little yellow glowing fireflies composes the landscape. The cliffs ahead are at an angle, and you are really only seeing a small part of your general area. The ground below you looks steady, if slightly far. The yellow inflatable slide has already been detracted, and a trail of intermittent splashes of blood runs its length. The person who used it looks like they have either a bloody nose or a wound that has been hastily bandaged.
    Had I the cloths of heaven,
    I would spread these at your feet.
    But I am poor, and have only my dreams
    and I spread these beneath your feet.
    Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!
    Awesome Agent 47 by Dr. Bath!

3. - Top - End - #33

"Dammmmmmit..." Dan ponders his options.

Spoiler
    Show
    How far is a bit?
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-07-08 at 11:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Did I say detracted? I meant extended. Not enough caffeine...

Dan
    The slide should take you down all the way.

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!

5. - Top - End - #35

Dan looks back at Abdul. "<This looks like our way out. I'm going down first; come down after me. Also, drop that weapon you've got concealed. You have to trust me. I'm not going to try to hurt you.>" Dan hops onto the slide, going down and hopping off before turning around and looking up at Abdul. He then looks around at the plane, trying to figure out what kind of shape it's in.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

<It is that kind of attitude that makes you american>

Abdul hops onto the slide and lands besides Dan. cutting his leg a little with his knife. He looks back at the plane and thinks of all the people he could have killed had he blown himself away.

<I think it is better if we tried to find people instead of looking at a dead machine>
    Spoiler
    Show
    A-44 A.K.A. The Angel of Retribution A.K.A. The Angel of Revenge A.K.A Angel of Death

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Waldo Andersen
    Waldo squeezed through the door, pulling his backpack after him.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

8. - Top - End - #38

Dan mutters something unpleasant under his breath. "Fine, whatever. Let's go." Dan begins walking around the plane in a circle, looking for other survivors.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Waldo
    The door stops about halfway, banging into a counter. Entering the room, you take note of the open emergency hatch to your right, and the trail of blood leading out of it. The rooms itself is the galley which had been recently occupied by Dan and Abdul, and you can very faintly hear their voices out the hatch.

Dan
    You head towards the front of the plane. Ducking under the wing, you come upon another deployed yellow slide, and another passenger. He seems to be trying to get into the cargo hatch, unsuccessfully if the curses and banging are to be interpreted correctly.

10. - Top - End - #40

Dan slowly walks up to the man. "Having difficulty? What are you trying to do?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Waldo Andersen
    Waldo goes for a stroll to the cockpit while taking pictures around the plane.
    "My readers are going to want to know about this"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

12. - Top - End - #42

Abdul, carefully follows Dan, still not trusting him.
    When he sees the passenger, he takes out his knife and runs to cover.
    Something aint right about the new fellow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A-44 A.K.A. The Angel of Retribution A.K.A. The Angel of Revenge A.K.A Angel of Death

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abdul & Dan
    The man turns to Dan and his eyes widen in surprise.
    "Holy... You survived the crash too? I thought I was the only one! I'm trying to get this stupid door to the cargo hatch open so we can get some supplies, possibly. Not working very well."

Waldo
    The path to the captain's cabin is a long series of pictures of metal carnage. Racks jumbled in heaps on the floor, pillows and blankets lining the carpet, and even a couple of crashed serving trolleys have their spilt goods on the floor.
    The captain's door is just as Urban left it, with a slight dent coming out of it, and closed.

14. - Top - End - #44

Dan examines the Cargo door. "It's tricky, alright."

Spoiler
    Show
    How is the door designed? Is it a lock or something?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Waldo Andersen
    Waldo gathered up some of the spilled goods and took a good look at the door.

snap

He poked the door with his cane and then shook his head. He returned to the exit with the slide and pulled a long rope made out of colourful hankershiefs tied together out of his backpack. He tied a nice chunk of metal to this and tossed the rope across the plane. He tied it to the door and went to the other part of the plane, where he smashed the window and pulled the metal chunk through. He then tied the rope to one of the chairs that was still stuck to the ground and climbed out of the exit, up.

"Yinkies, mister Waldo, isn't this dangerous?"

"Shush you and hold on to the rope. We don't want to fall, now do we?"

"Oh, no mister Waldo, I wouldn't dream of it"

The sock puppet grabbed onto the rope tight with it's mouth and Waldo arrived on top of the plane. After taking a few pictures of the surroundings he walked over to the cockpit, carefully.

16. - Top - End - #46

<I say we leave him, I don't trust strangers>

<you dont trust me?>

<Especially not you>
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

((Um...I very much doubt Dan would ever think for a second Abdul trusts him.))

"<Then you're being stupid. We don't have time for this...rararara I hate everyone crap. If we want to get out of this alive, everyone needs to work together.>"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

((edit: didn't catch the drift.))
    Last edited by Quixotico; 2008-07-21 at 12:00 PM.
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

19. - Top - End - #49

<then how do I know he wont turn on me once he gets what he wants? it wouldn't be the first time a white stranger has attacked me y'know>
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Dan shakes his head. "<the problem is that you're treating this like it's the middle of a warzone. Most people won't just assault other people once they stop being immediately useful. You need to stop seeing everyone as an enemy and just judge them after you've actually interacted with them!>"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Waldo
    The roof of the plane is walkable, slightly slippery, but walkable, and you soon find yourself near the front. The scene is the nose of the plane flattened against a cliff wall, and you can guess from what snippets of the land you've seen through the fog that this is some sort of canyon.

It seems that the plane took a tree with it, because you can see that the thick swamp tree branches punched through the cockpit window. That is probably why the door was jammed.

22. - Top - End - #52

Abdul turns suddeny at Dan

<I CAN'T! you dont understand! you americans think you're so smart because you just sit on an office somewere and press a button and destroy a nuclear weapons factory and get a promotion and order a Fking pizza and get on with your stupid little lives.
    but inside that factory there are people, sons, fathers, sons of god that know no horizon, for it's mere mention is forbidden. YOU dont understand what you destroy when you press a button, YOU cant even begin to imagine the monsters you create when you kill someone. YOU (his knife is on Dan's throat) dont understand what a sheep can do for the shepherd's approval.>

Abdul is breathing heavily, tears burn his eyes as the faces of his murderees rece accross him.

<you have no idea what my world is like>

He stabs the ground, crouches and curses the heavens, the hells and the Imans.

Then he adds in Farsi
    -< and I'm killing the bastard before he becomes dangerous>-

<dad..>
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Waldo Andersen
    "Jinkies, they have trees on the bottom of the ocean, mister Waldo?"

"They're called anemones, Socko. It's pronounced ah-neh-mo-knees"

Waldo took another snapshot and then carefully lowered himself into the cockpit. There he quickly started looking for the black box, an item he'd love to add to his endless collection of odds and ends. Oh, and he'd probably take a bunch of other garbage too, because that's what Waldo was like.

24. - Top - End - #54

When Abdul puts his knife to Dan's throat, he feels a small prick in his stomach. Looking down, he sees a knife clutched in Dan's hand. "<Nice try. I'm faster trust than you, that doesn't make me stupid. Why do you think I can't understand. I was there! For three hellish years I was there. You think I had fun? You think I enjoyed my job? I saw some things there that will never leave me. So believe me when I say that here it will be different!>"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Urban

his eyes going wide at the sight of the knives drawn unto each other, he stumbles over his words. "Whoa, what, I... you... the knives, what's going..." Armed with only the neck pillow, Urban suddenly feels very, very vulnerable... and mad. "We need to work together, damnit! We have to get off this plane and figure out where we are! What is wrong with you two?!?"
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

26. - Top - End - #56

Dan shoots a warning glance at Abdul. "I apologise for my and my companion's...actions. You see, he's kind of...sociopathic. I'm trying to get him to relax but..." Dan shrugs. "Maybe eventually. Also, he can't speak much English, so let me translate if you want to talk to him." He shakes his head. "Sorry. Right. My name is Daniel Summers." He extends a hand, realizes it has a knife in it, smiles ruefully and tucks it back in his sleeve before extending it again.

27. - Top - End - #57

Abdul swallows in anger as Dan approaches the other guy.
    <but he hasnt seen anything>
    <that's what makes him dangerous>
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Waldo
    The inside of the cockpit shows a macabre story. After the plane had crashed, a branch from the trapped swamp tree had punched through the glass almost right in the middle of the cockpit, hitting the pilot's head to one side. Tilted at an unnatural angle, his glassy eyes stare straight ahead, in an expression of bewilderment. In your search, you find your beloved orange black box which had been the fruit of your expedition. Various electrical equipment could possibly be cannibalized for parts and components, and you also find a copy of Hawkes Harbor.

Abdul, Dan, and Urban
    A horrible scream rings out from up ahead in the canyon, seems to be coming more from the right than the left. Muffles voices and vicious blows can be heard (the fact that you can hear them attests to this), followed by the sound of a small explosion.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Waldo Andersen
    Waldo quickly gathered up the black box, one of the pilots' helms (the least damaged one), a parachute, the book and some electrical equipment.

"I did always say I wanted to try my hand at the wondeful profession of electrician"

"You always say you want to be an bacon flavored icecreamsalesman , mister Waldo"

"Well, that too, Socko, that too. I always say you have to live the dreams you are given the chance to"

"You've never said that in your whole life, mister Waldo"

"Nonsense. I just said it, didn't I? Shows you!"

While discussing with his sock puppet Waldo moved the branch so that it was no longer blocking the door and returned to the rest of the plane through there instead of going across the roof again. Before returning to the exit, Waldo made a quick stop in the kitchen to gather up various foodstuffs.

30. - Top - End - #60

<I'm gonna need a gun>
    Spoiler
    Show