New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Well... sooo much difference to the normal games isn't there...
    True.

Also, about the recent discussion about protection for more 'veteran players' since they are just most likely targeted for their reputation.

This is just for the ones who are very tactically stuff and such.

Veterans such as llama(and I've also been in a fair amount of games) do not get targeted by that. Because we have our own (llama) logic. We have a rep, but are apparently not a thread. So not all 'veterans' are. Just the ones who are active with strategies and tictacs tactics and stuffs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

X, top left! Wait, wrong game.

But let's look at this random game... There would have to several scries in the game, there would also have to be more baners, and to even things out there would have to be more werewolves. This would be a massively confusing game no matter how you do it.

Well, there are ways, but I don't feel like point them out.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

A thing that would make that game less random would be the inclusion of scriers whose purpose is to determine whose name is associated with whose.

And for the problem of someone becoming unlynchable, you would have to be able to point at names of players that are dead because those 'names' are actually other players.

I think it would be incredibly chaotic and confusing, but think it sounds like a lot of fun.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

And since these scriers would be determining the link but not the role of the players involved, having multiple ones on each side wouldn't be especially unbalancing.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I think it would be incredibly chaotic and confusing, but think it sounds like a lot of fun.
    Heck, I become confused in 'normal' games.

Would I even dare do this?

Heck yeah!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Heck, I become confused in 'normal' games.

Would I even dare do this?

Heck yeah!
    *Points at self through mirror*

That's how I'd play the first round...

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    You know what might be entertaining in a totally chaotic sort of way? What if every player was name pathed to a different player? Meaning, when people point at Tormsskull, their points toward lynching don't actually go against Tormsskull, they go after his name path.

Example:

Tormsskull is name pathed to Jontom Xire
    Jontom Xire is name pathed to Alarra.
    Alarra is name pathed to Tormsskull

Villagers all point at Tormsskull, and he gets the most votes for the night. Jontom Xire dies. The name 'Tormsskull' can no longer be pointed at/wolf eaten.

Then either give the ability to determine whose name pathed to whom to the seer/devil, or create a new role on each side that can do that.

It would start off totally chaotic until each side had their chance to gather info. Could be interesting though.
    And the balance to that is knowing who your 'pathname' is. You don't know who will die if everyone points at you, but you know you will die if everyone points at 'so-and-so'. Masons know who not to point at, wolves know who not to point at, and villagers will be screaming for their lives if they realise the bandwagon they just joined will lynch them

Also, I say create a new role for determining paths. Players still need to find out people's roles - Seers shouldn't be able to pathfind too...

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Psychic boyscout - Can pathfind every night to determine the paths of a player each night.

?

Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

9. - Top - End - #429

Woot! I'm glad there is a lot of positive feedback for (coming up with name, please wait ... loading, loading...) Utter Chaos Werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    And the balance to that is knowing who your 'pathname' is. You don't know who will die if everyone points at you, but you know you will die if everyone points at 'so-and-so'. Masons know who not to point at, wolves know who not to point at, and villagers will be screaming for their lives if they realise the bandwagon they just joined will lynch them
    Hmm, that's a very solid idea. So you know who you don't want to die, which could be very interesting in shifting bandwagons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric
    Also, I say create a new role for determining paths. Players still need to find out people's roles - Seers shouldn't be able to pathfind too...
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat_
    If every name is pathed to one person, what happens when you kill a person whose named is pathed to a wolf? Unlynchable wolf? This is something that's going to need a specific ruling.
    Keep in mind, when a person dies, it doesn't mean you can't point at their name anymore, it means you can't point at the path that got you there.

I.E. Everyone points at Tormsskull, Jontom Xire dies.

You can't point at the name Tormsskull anymore, wolves can't target the name Tormsskull. The player is totally vulnerable to either mode of death, assuming that whoever he is pathed from is targeted. So assuming Alarra is pathed to Tormsskull, if Alarra is eaten by the wolves, Tormsskull would actually die at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985
    Autolynches would also be a problem I guess.
    You would probably have to reveal the path if a person was autolynched, but I don't think that would be a problem in and of its self. Not more so than any regular game, anyhow.

Example: Tormsskull stops posting for x number of days. He gets autolynched. He is removed from the game, and the narrator announces that Alarra can not be pointed at or eaten (because Alarra paths to Tormsskull, who is already dead). You can still point at Tormsskull, even though he is dead, because whoever he paths to is not (at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra
    A thing that would make that game less random would be the inclusion of scriers whose purpose is to determine whose name is associated with whose.
    Yes, exactly. And I think that them being their own role instead of combined with seer makes more sense (like Vampiric suggested).

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota
    Psychic boyscout - Can pathfind every night to determine the paths of a player each night.
    lol. Hmm, maybe Telepath or Mindreader or something (or Pathfinder :P). How does 2 of these roles on each side sound? Maybe it will remove some of the randomness (but open up ample space to pretend you're a path finder if you want to try to manipulate people).

10. - Top - End - #430
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull;
    You would probably have to reveal the path if a person was autolynched, but I don't think that would be a problem in and of its self. Not more so than any regular game, anyhow.

Example: Tormsskull stops posting for x number of days. He gets autolynched. He is removed from the game, and the narrator announces that Alarra can not be pointed at or eaten (because Alarra paths to Tormsskull, who is already dead). You can still point at Tormsskull, even though he is dead, because whoever he paths to is not (at this point).
    Make it easier - short circuit the path. Alarra's name goes to Tormsskull, Tormsskull's goes to Freshmeat. Tormsskull auto's. Alarra is now connected to Freshmeat. Any pathfinders who scried alarra are told she now links to freshmeat (make the path some eletronic connection, or something, and the pathfinder tracks it, and notices that the destination has changed, or something). Freshmeat is told his path name is now alarra, rather than tormsskull.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

@^ Wouldn't that be even more confusing than the previous idea?

So the question now would be how many full circuit paths? One large circuit that encompasses everyone, or several smaller ones? Or keep it all a secret? I can see advantages and disadvantages either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Whats to stop people just saying who they are pathed to and turning it into a slightly warped but normal WW. (Aside from the spirit of the game, cause someone will mess up)

How about knowing who will die if you get lynched rather than the other way around. That way you only need confess a path if you think that the person who would die in your stead is a good guy or a wolf, if you are one!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

lol. Hmm, maybe Telepath or Mindreader or something (or Pathfinder :P). How does 2 of these roles on each side sound? Maybe it will remove some of the randomness (but open up ample space to pretend you're a path finder if you want to try to manipulate people).
    On a neutral side!(For yourself)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    Make it easier - short circuit the path.
    Honestly, that sounds more complicated. first, you'd have to track every pathfind, on both sides, and make sure you know which pathfinder used his pathfind on which person. Then, if someone autos (almost a guaranteed thing unless the game shave changed a lot since I last played), you'd have to retcon a lot of stuff, inform everyone who needs to know. That seems to invite a high probability of error.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt
    So the question now would be how many full circuit paths? One large circuit that encompasses everyone, or several smaller ones? Or keep it all a secret? I can see advantages and disadvantages either way.
    Hmmmm. Not sure what you mean by this. Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Fin
    Whats to stop people just saying who they are pathed to and turning it into a slightly warped but normal WW. (Aside from the spirit of the game, cause someone will mess up)
    Nothing! But what's to stop you from lieing about it too? Can you really trust what someone tells you in a game like this?
    Last edited by Tormsskull; 2008-09-03 at 11:57 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmmm. Not sure what you mean by this. Could you elaborate?
    Alright. Presume there are 10 players. We'll call them A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J.

Do the paths look like:

• A to B, B to C, C to D, D to E, E to F, F to G, G to H, H to I, I to J, J to A.

Or does it look like:

• A to B, B to C, C to D, D to A,
    • E to F, F to G, G to E,
    • H to I, I to J, J to H.

The first example is one long circuit. The second example is of multiple short circuits.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-09-03 at 12:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Nothing! But what's to stop you from lieing about it too? Can you really trust what someone tells you in a game like this?
    You shouldn't lie about it. Only wolves would have a motivation to lie thus if you're found to be lying you're obviously a wolf. Also unless you wanted to reveal yourself (with two people claiming the same thing) you could only swap with your fellow wolf. Thus revealing two wolves.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

So, Tormskull.... any chance you'll be running that any time?

*REALLY wants to play it*

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Do the paths look like:
    Or does it look like:

The first example is one long circuit. The second example is of multiple short circuits.
    Oh. Hmmm, what's the practical difference? Assuming that no one knows what order the players are listed in (i.e., we don't use alphabetical or signed up first) to determine the order of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking
    You shouldn't lie about it. Only wolves would have a motivation to lie thus if you're found to be lying you're obviously a wolf. Also unless you wanted to reveal yourself (with two people claiming the same thing) you could only swap with your fellow wolf. Thus revealing two wolves.
    Hmmm, that's true. Will have to think on this some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun
    So, Tormskull.... any chance you'll be running that any time?

*REALLY wants to play it*
    I think there is quite a backlog of games right now, I'll have to check. I'll also want a co-narrator cause I am definitely not going to try to do all this on my own.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsskull
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Hmmm, that's true. Will have to think on this some more.
    I disagree.
    I lie all the time in games.
    Even when I'm a good guy.

All. The. Time.

Kinda the point.

edit:
    Example: In a game in progress, YOW3. One day I say I know who Spike is. The next day I say that I lied about knowing who Spike is. The next day I say that I know who Spike is.

Where's the truth?
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-09-03 at 12:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As you're one of the players that likes to lie. What reason would you have to lie in that case?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Example: In a game in progress, YOW3. One day I say I know who Spike is. The next day I say that I lied about knowing who Spike is. The next day I say that I know who Spike is.

Where's the truth?
    See, Shadow, that's why.

I don't really point at you because you're a risk, but because you occasionaly confuse me.
    Me no likey that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Banned

As you're one of the players that likes to lie. What reason would you have to lie in that case?
    I first said that I knew who Spike was to help draw the attack.
    Then I said I lied about it to maybe get the Red Dragons off my back after that.
    Then I said I knew him again to gain some trust back.

You asked my reasons for lying. As you can clearly see, I do indeed have reasons.
    So my question: Do I really know him?

There are always reasons and opportunities to lie in WW games. That's what the games are all about.

Am I lying now, about all of this?
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-09-03 at 12:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Who knows?

I doubt even you do...

You're Shadow....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. Hmmm, what's the practical difference? Assuming that no one knows what order the players are listed in (i.e., we don't use alphabetical or signed up first) to determine the order of players.
    Umm. Perhaps in determining the circuit via lynchings and some scries? Maybe...

*Goes to work on the statistics to see if there really is a difference.*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #445

When I remember the occasions in WWC IV, Shadow can even lie when he says the truth... (to sacrifice a fellow wolf to gain the trust of the baner to lynch the seer)
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Banned

I believe that part of the reason that you get lynched so early and often, ED, is that you ONLY deal in absolutes, as shown here.
    You shouldn't lie about it. Only wolves would have a motivation to lie thus if you're found to be lying you're obviously a wolf.
    I deal in possibilities and opportunities.
    The doors to the inner circles of the game will only open if you find the key.

If you can't find the key, you have to make your own.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to make a little parenthesis here to announce a stroke of inspiration I just had, and ask for a starting date in... say February 2009.

Spoiler
    Show
    Katamari Damacy WW!!!

There's a plot to overthrow the Royal Family. Now it's up to the Prince, the Fans, the Queen and the King of All Cosmos to roll up and find the truth...

Warning: This game may or may not include red pandas, elephants, giant sumo wrestlers, mushrooms, ducks, chocolates, racing cars, jewelery, ghosts, crabs and/or a little zebra.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    I'd like to make a little parenthesis here to announce a stroke of inspiration I just had, and ask for a starting date in... say February 2009.

Spoiler
    Show
    Katamari Damacy WW!!!

There's a plot to overthrow the Royal Family. Now it's up to the Prince, the Fans, the Queen and the King of All Cosmos to roll up and find the truth...

Warning: This game may or may not include red pandas, elephants, giant sumo wrestlers, mushrooms, ducks, chocolates, racing cars, jewelery, ghosts, crabs and/or a little zebra.
    Hehheehe. I'm intrigued by your take on a Katamari game.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Hehheehe. I'm intrigued by your take on a Katamari game.
    Believe me, I am also intrigued. I have only vague ideas right now, but it sounds amusing.

Also, I'm going to need one or two co-narrators willing to get crazy with this game.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Believe me, I am also intrigued. I have only vague ideas right now, but it sounds amusing.

Also, I'm going to need one or two co-narrators willing to get crazy with this game.
    Talk to Smellie Hippie. He and I and penguin sushi have kicked around a Katamari ww game in the past but never could work out a good way to involve the rolling and without the rolling, what is Katamari?
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.