New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Into the darkness

@Falconer: "You heard me. I'm not making you; it's your choice." He said, calmly.

"Besides, he's an evil man. Hunted by law enforcers and paladins alike. I happen to know where he is, and a way to kill him." He said.

"He's killed hundreds in the name of keeping some sort of secret." He continues as he reaches into his desk and pulls out a sketch of a short man.

"This is him." He says.

"Take it or leave it. I'm not killing this man for personal gain. I'm killing him because he's a dark man." He continued.

"If you do want to, I'll lend you my support. I'm adept in the arts of magic. I may be of assistance." He finished.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

Duin tries to listen any noise coming from the other side of the door, and then proceeds to slam it with his hands, trying to bring it down. Being a strong man, a normal wooden door would be no problem for him to put to the ground.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

3. - Top - End - #123

@Silverkiss: You slam the door down as planned and are met with an unpleasant surprise. The man is standing there, with a crossbow pointed straight at your chest.

Pick a number 1-10.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

*If the man shoots*
    Surprised by the man, Duin acts based on instinct, rolling to the side to avoid the bolt directed at his heart, while shapeshifting into his hybrid form. Then Duin will rise and run towards the man while he reloads, intending on grabbing his neck to control him.

Spoiler
    Show

Can I roll a die ?
    (1d10)[9]

5. - Top - End - #125

@Silverkiss: You don't have to roll a die. You just pick a number. To keep it running, I'll just use your die roll.

You dodge to the left, slamming yourself against the wall and transforming to hybrid at just the right moment. You feel the crossbow bolt fly past your head, and hear the whistling of it cutting through the air.

You savagely launch yourself in his general direction, but he anticipated your move, and dodged out of the way.

The room you enter it about 30x30ft, and it totally empty, save two doors at the other end of the room.

Suddenly, two guards rush at you from your flanks.

You mentally slap yourself for your stupidity. You ran straight into his trap.

Guards are about to grapple you, the man is backpedaling and reloading his crossbow, already most of the way across the room.

Pick a number 1-10. From now on, this 1-10 system will determine your success. I use a randomized program to choose which numbers give what result.

Or maybe I don't. That's for you to wonder and for me to know.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

Entering a state of blind rage, Duin jumps against the little man, ignoring the two guards. His enhanced leg strenght and natural speed on this shape should make it possible for him to close on the little man before he reloads his crossbow, and grapple his neck.

Spoiler
    Show

Just how a normal, little man dodged an attack from a enraged, transformed werewolf I don't know, but okey. And how that guy knew I would kill his 3 guards, I don't know either. Anyway, I choose the number 7.

7. - Top - End - #127

@Silverkiss: Good move. Pretty much anything else would result very badly.

Although the man is small, he's tough. You pummel into him, and attack blindly, after a few moments of the three of them trying to tear you off of him, they finally succeed. By then, more guards had arrived. After about 12 arrived, you gave up.

In your blind rage of trying to break free, you feel a heavy blow to the back of your head, and the world goes black.

You wake. You can tell that you're sitting in a chair. Tied up and blindfolded.

"Sir, he's awake." Says a voice.

"You're dismissed." Says the voice of the small man.

You hear the patter of feet and the closing of a door.

"So... who are you?" Says the small man.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

Still feeling the blow on his head, Duin answer the little man with a polite voice.

"First you try to kill me with no reason, and now you want to talk. You're really a strange fellow. I'm a hunter. I was after a dangerous prey last night, and fell on the balcony of what was, I assume, your house. And then you ordered for your guards to kill me. I think that's pretty much everything."

9. - Top - End - #129

@Silverkiss: The mans voice gained a note of impatience.

"You didn't answer my question." He said, implying wordlessly that bad things would happen if you don't answer his question.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"I'm sorry gentleman, but I did answer your question. I am a hunter. My name is not important."
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-07-24 at 10:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

@Silverkiss: "I'll ask you to answer my question one more time." He said calmly, but in a way that implied extreme pain in not following the command.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"All right, all right. Don't know why you would want my name so badly, anyway. I'm Theodoriun II, pleased to meet you."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Hick Jones
    Hick relit his torch while taking cover behind the door and then walked into the theatre. Yet again he followed the tracks in the dust. Oh, and he also took care to shield his torch from the inexplicable wind in the room.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Serkan

Serkan thought long and hard at the man's proposal. Finally, he answered, "...okay. I'll...I'll take the job. But killing this man... I dunno. I'll try to turn him in. Bring him to justice. That way, he'll be killed if he deserves it."
    Last edited by Falconer; 2008-07-25 at 04:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Kharnak

As Kharnak looked up at the looming gates of the city he began to wonder if coming had been a good idea. He quickly dismissed the notion, it was his duty to bring news of the formation of the Lizardscale Empire to the city, caravan or no. He turned to paladin. Will you be going about your busssinesss or sshall we travel together for a while longer.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

16. - Top - End - #136

Please excuse my late response.

Stuff came up.

@Silverkiss: "And what was this 'dangerous prey' you speak of?" He asks.

@Nigma: Your torch won't light.

@Falconer: "Fair enough." The man says.

"And to make sure you do this deed, I'll mark you. Stand still for a moment." He says, and he pulls out a strange looking dagger from his belt.

@Asmodeus:

"I don't see any reason not to. I'll travel with you for a while." He says, firmly.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"A dangerous criminal. Now, if you could answer my question, why am I being treated this way if I did nothing to you ?"

18. - Top - End - #138

@Silverkiss: "It is not your place to try to force me to do anything, but nevertheless, I shall answer your question. I protect knowledge too to risk others knowing." He said.
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-07-26 at 04:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Planetar

Serkan

Serkan eyed the weapon. "Are daggers absolutely necessar here?"

20. - Top - End - #140

@Falconer: "It's just to draw blood. Ceremonial daggers, like this one, are made to make a small cut bleed, but not be painful. If you would like to do it any other way, feel free, but this would be the least painful. Now hold out your arm, bottom up." He said.

A notice to everyone:
    There is a new RP system being made, and we all know what the most important thing is in an RP system. Theme. There's a vote over here about the RP system's theme, and I want you to vote. The only two contestants that stand a chance are "Steampunk... with dragons!" and "Monkey Robot Ninjas VS Zombie Dinosaur Pirates".

Now. Let's think about this.

Steampunk is awesome, although a little overdone. Add dragons, and you've not only doubled the awesome factor, but made something totally original.

"Monkey Robot Ninjas VS Zombie Dinosaur Pirates".... seriously. It's been done before. Many times. And none of them were any good. The longest someone might play it for before getting bored is a week. Sure, it seems fun to say "Oh, I want the funny sounding one!", but when you seriously think about it, which do you want? A stereotypical meme system that you'll play for a week, or a solid system that's both original and fun.

Vote #12. Because it's awesome.

Also, even if you think any of the other systems are better, don't even try. The votes are already cast in a way that none of the other ideas have any chance. It's a choice between two, and Steampunk.... with dragons! needs your votes.

So hop down to the thread and make a post. It doesn't even have to be more than one sentance.

Also, if you don't you may want your characters to watch out for falling rocks.

This is a link. To the thread. Click it. Seriously.

21. - Top - End - #141

Planetar

Serkan

Serkan reached his arm out as the man said, "Oh, very well."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Kharnak

Kharnak smiled and nodded. He rode up to the gates and called out to the guards I bring a messsage to the leader of thiss ssity from the ssssouth, and my trade caravan wass attacked along the road, I ssseek entry to your ssity.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-07-26 at 05:06 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"I'm not trying to force you to anything. You see, being chained and blindfolded, you're the one forcing me things. But, as you have been so kind as to answer my question, at least explain it. You protect knowledge too what to risk others knowing ?"

24. - Top - End - #144

@Falconer: The man makes a small, painless cut on your wrist, then takes the bloody dagger, and wipes it on the end of a written contract. The words glow softly for a moment, then fade.

"Well then. That's that. Now. To hunt." He says, leaving.

He walks over to the corner of his tent and opens a bag, and takes out the bow that was sketched. It must have been a bag of holding, as it looked like a purse. He hands you that with about 20 arrows, and a map.

"This is the blueprint of his house. He should be there." He says.

"There's no way we'll get in past the guards, but there's a balcony, there," He points out a balcony. ", that we could get to via the use of my magic. You any good at climbing?" He says

@Asmodeus: The men look at each other, and say something.

"You with him?" He says to the paladin.

"Yes." He responds.

"You may enter." One says, then opens the gate.

@Silverkiss: "Aye.... I suppose I should tell you." He says, quietly.

"Hundreds of years ago, a man, the 6th son of a 7th son of a 7th son, by the name of Jonas existed. He was a dark evil man. He, and all of his siblings were amazing sorcerers, some of the greatest ever to exist. They made the world we live in a better place. Cities were places of joy and abundance. There was no poverty. Crops came excellently each year.

But he was corrupted by the greatest of evils. It convinced him to kill his younger brother, the 7th son, for he was the greatest of all the 7. He did so, and pleased the being. To make a long story short, he killed all of his brothers, and all of his relatives, and gained great power.

Eventually, he was imprisoned in a cavern deep underground by his last remaining relative. Slowly, he began contacting people. Giving them visions. He tries to lead them to him, so that he may be free.

I hunt those people down. And kill them. I guard the knowledge." He explains.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"Great, so you are a hunter too. Well, kind of. Anyway. This position is really uncomfortable. I want nothing with this sorceror or his dark magic, and never had a vision. So, you could let me go. Or kill me, which will probably be the case. But it is your choice, really."

26. - Top - End - #146

@Silverkiss: "I'm sure that you understand that the only reason that I told you that is because I won't let you go. I can't risk punting you, as you could kill me and escape. I don't want to kill you, so you're going to have to stay here." He said.

You feel him untying the blindfold, and it falls off. You're in a small, dark room. The only light comes from the open doorway. The room is empty, save you, him and a couple guards.

"It's really quite unfortunate. I'm sure you understand my position here. I'm sure we'll eventually work something out." He continued.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"What, you're just going to leave me here ? No thanks. Kill me then, or work something out now, but I won't stay here like a freaking trapped animal."

28. - Top - End - #148

@Silverkiss: "No, not really. As long as you're staying here, I might as well be hospitable. I'll give you a nice room, let you eat with the rest of us, and so on. You'll just have to be supervised by the guards." He said.

"I can't trust you now, for obvious reasons. You're probably very angry at me, and very able to do serious damage to my men." He said.

"You must be hungry; would you like something to eat?" He said.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Duin Bloodmoon

"Oh. Hum. The way you put it, it really is pretty reasonable. I'm not really hungry, but I could eat something, yes. To recover, you know. Falling on your balcony wasn't pretty. At least I already slept."

30. - Top - End - #150

@Silverkiss: "Aye. What would you like?" He replied.