New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Invasion of the Ouroboros.

Khar reaches the party and considers the wolf. He walks up to him and whispers something to him. Getting an answer, he tries to place himself so he could charge straight for the snakes. Also, he moves his hands around, mumbles something and then touches the constrictor, healing his wounds.
    "If you ever do something stupid like that again," he whispers, "I will simply refuse from healing you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using cure serious wounds, assuming that we still have a few 1-3 level spells. (3d8+7)[18]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Those who linger too long have to run to avoid having the roof crash down on them, when the snake decides to demolish part of the prison. After a few struggles and some confusion, the group is finally together again, only to once more be split.

---
    Those who stay with the wolf.

The wolf sighs loudly and mutters underneath his breath when he sees the group scatter in all different directions. He quickly composes himself however and turns to Tosk. "Thank you for your offer..." He takes a sword from his pack and throws it to the Lizardman. "Take this, so you aren't completely defenseless." He then assesses those present. "And with allies like these, we can need all the help we can get."

---
    Those who follow Lago and Runt.

The two animals move ahead swiftly. This path seems to be unguarded, or at least they think so for they move ahead with little care of stealth. However after a few bends and turns they finally slow down and hush and halt those behind them. Lago the mouse pulls his cloak over himself again and hides before he sneaks off. Runt does his best to keep the others calm until the mouse returns. "Status?" Runt whispers. "Quite many of them. Six to be exact, and they look tough. I didn't sense any magic, which is odd. We should devise a plan of assault here."

3. - Top - End - #33

DrowGuy

Maryring was I able to get a "rogueish" weapon from the bodies near the cell? Thiswill have bearing on my next move.

The goblin rogue is in the group following Lago and Runt. If possible he is against a wall trying to blend with the shadows. He slinks toward the front of the party. Once the mouse has imparted his information Sleverik speaks in a low voice possibly giving his position away to the I am fairly decent at being stealthy. Perhaps that can help.

Spoiler
    Show
    hide - (1d20+19)[23]move silently - (1d20+19)[21] My skill modifier without my gear is +15, though I added 4 for being in goblin form which isn't in my sheet.
    Last edited by elonin; 2008-07-27 at 03:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

The contricto hissed in delight when he heard the news. He had not had a proper meal in ages, and with a little luck he would get one in about 5 minuets.
    He turned to the small anthro that had healed him, ""I thank you for your most gracious healing holy man, but if you excuse me I have to go, and get some dinner." hisssss.
    with that the giant constrictor stood up to his half height, and slithered through the corridor. (base land speed of 70ft +10 foir each size increase, and +10 fast movement.)

5. - Top - End - #35

DrowGuy

Please wait Mister snake man, this should be done in a more subtle way. There are only a few there but they may be able to alert others. Have no fear you will eat your heart's content.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

The giant snake turned back, and walked/slithered back to the small antro that had happened to have earned his trust by healing his wounds. "How sssso, and you may call me matthias.

7. - Top - End - #37

Deshar
    Deshar fiddles with his crossbow a little, and waits patiently for the guards to come running, while hiding away.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Senciner

I'm with the snake here, lets just move in and blast the snakes to smithereens, then matthias can eat them up,its not like they havent heard the walls get knocked down or anything. Senciner whispers to the rest of the party just before he turns invisible.

Spoiler
    Show
    I use Walk Unseen to turn invisible, entropic warding and see the unseen are also in effect
    Last edited by Weezer; 2008-07-27 at 10:25 PM.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    in this stance: Eagle's Eyes (FSS, 1) (gain +1 to hit/x2range w/ ranged attacks in this stance), game plan will be to get his hands on the first throwable object that he can find that he could hurt someone with, whether a fallen weapon, a decapitated yuanti head, whatever.

hide check if needed: (1d20+28)[31] moving at just under normal speed

spot check if needed: (1d20+15)[28] for improv weapons or whatever

Sajuvin moves swiftly along, a foot away from the wall, leary of traps and ambushes, eyes sweeping for anything that could harm him, and anything with which he could harm others.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

10. - Top - End - #40

Tosk

Tosk accepts the longsword, nods and begins scanning the area for approaching enemies.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+10)[30]
    Spot (1d20+5)[10]
    Listen (1d20+5)[16]
    Current Stance: Tactics of the Wolf
    Granted Crusader Maneuvers: Flanking Maneuver, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Strike
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The group waiting along with the wolf find themselves tense in anticipation of what is about to come. Slowly the sound of running footsteps build up and around the corner comes the first wave of defenders charging.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have four Pureblood Yuan-Ti soldiers in the first wave. They didn't see your catfolk spy, so he can backstab the guards or keep on going ahead. Regardless, here is initiative.

Tosk: 30
    Wolf: 16
    Okaan: 4
    Guards: 3
    Deshar: ??? (Is he gonna join in on this fight?)

So get in there and show me how you plan on killing these Yuan-Ti. Here's the battle overview.

DXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXGGXGGXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXTWOXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX

Each X is 5 feet.

---

Runt and Lago looks at those among them who just want to rush ahead into battle and shrug. "You guys really want to run ahead? Go ahead, but meanwhile the pros are gonna make a real plan."

12. - Top - End - #42

Tosk

Seeing the snakes arrive, Tosk launches himself, rolling towards the closest pair. When he reaches them, his blade seems to burn and he leaps above them, twists in mid air and brings his blade down on the spine of the one on his right.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to tumble 20 feet straight ahead (1d20+19)[25] (DC 15 tumble check in case they have reach), swift action to active Searing Blade, then standard action to use Death From Above
    (1d20+29)[32] DC 20 jump check to make him flatfooted (irrelevant) and land on the other side of him (I end up 6 squares ahead of where I was)

Attack Roll: (1d20+16)[36]
    Damage Roll: (2d6+7)[11] + (2d6+10)[15] fire

Everyone note, flank with me, get +5 to damage rolls thanks to the stance
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Sajuvin hears the commotion going on down the other end of the hall and takes a quick look behind him while hurrying forward with the others in his group. A feral growl escapes his throat and he is once more searching for improvized weapons.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

14. - Top - End - #44

(You forgot me! I told I was staying with the wolf and I rolled initiative in the OOC thread!)

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually rolled a 22 for initiative, in the OOC.

Deshar
    Deshar stays silent, and watches the guards pass. He pauses, and considers the situation. If the wolf and the other two managed to survive, they would call down all the other guards to this place. But if they were killed here, the guards would disperse, and the opportunity would be lost.

But still - it was but four guards. And discovery would ruin his chances of taking advantage of the situation. If he could get his belt back, he could cause far more serious damage to the serpents.

Taking a moment to consider, Deshar decides against interceding, and quickly moves on, using the distraction to make more distance on the guards.

Deshar makes a single move, at half speed, towards the top of the map.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-07-31 at 03:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Senciner

Continuing down the hallway towards where the reported guards are, Senciner quietly approaches to where he can see the guards and observes there positions.
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

17. - Top - End - #47

Khar

As Khar notices the purebloods, he waits until they're in range and then rushes in on the one furthermost to the left, horns lowered and ready to gore.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for attack (d20+26)[36]
    and damage (8d6+23)[51]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

The purebloods skid to a halt as they watch Tosk gracefully maneuver around them and strike into one of them from behind. He screams from the pain, but doesn't fall. The Wolf quickly follows up by wielding a bow and firing several blue arrows into the guard that was just hit. The arrows strike into him and a blast of frost flows out, chilling the guard to the bone. The guard beside him finds the huge Minotaur charging towards him. He quickly puts up his shield to guard himself, and the minotaur smashes into it. The pureblood is almost knocked prone and obviously battered from the blow. Okaan follows after, charging into the already heavily damaged pureblood, and with two swipes of his claw, the guard collapses on the ground in a bloody heap. The three remaining guards lift their weapons in an attempt to strike back. The two on the right lash out towards Tosk, but miss, however the third strikes into Khar and delivers a telling blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    The weakest guard has fallen, and Khar takes 15 points of damage.

XXXXXXXXX
    XXXTGXXXX
    XXGXGXXXX
    KKKOXXXXX
    KKKXXXXXX
    KKKXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXWXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXX

If you guys by Runt and Lago want to device a battle plan on your own, you better do so now as next time I'll assume control over those who haven't made any plan of action.

19. - Top - End - #49

DrowGuy

[sblock]@Maryring: have Runt and Lago been saying anything about devising a plan?[/sblock]

Sleverick looks at Lago and Runt and conisders what to do next. In a low voice the goblin directs a question to the pair, Do you have a weapon I could use, I'd be more useful in a fight with one instead of without.

The goblin waits for a response from the anthropromorphic animals for a moment. If a weapon is offered Sleverik will accept it. In either case he will he will slink down the hall about 5 or 10 feet ahead of Runt and Lago, depending on how far the guards are. Once he has hidden to his satisfaction, Sleverik will assume the form of a Lizard Folk.

Spoiler
    Show
    hide - (1d20+15)[17]move silently - (1d20+15)[23]Sorry about the doulbe post, wrong tag used.
    Last edited by elonin; 2008-08-01 at 07:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Tosk

Grinning as the first guard falls, Tosk adjusts his footing slightly and strikes at the guard that they have all but surrounded calling out to the other two 'This one falls next!'

Spoiler
    Show

Switching to Island of Blades (so all three of us are flanking the one the Khar gored) and then using Flanking Maneuver. If I hit, the other two get free attacks on the same guard (does NOT count as an AoO)

Attack (1d20+18)[25]
    Damage (2d6+7)[14]
    Granted Maneuver next round: (1d2)[1]
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

The minotaur grunts as the pureblood hacks into him, but he doesn't seem to waste time in returning the honors as he brandishes his mighty horns against the lizard again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack [roll]d20+26[roll]
    Damage (3d6+23)[30]

Second pair if the Flanking Maneuver works.

Attack [roll]d20+26[roll]
    Damage (3d6+23)[34]

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler
    Show
    Rerollin the attack rolls, since I mistyped the code.

Attack (d20+26)[39]

The other one
    (d20+26)[34]
    [/spoiler]

23. - Top - End - #53

Deshar
    As the first guard crumples, Deshar's apprehension subsides.

The others were strong. The guards would not be leaving alive, with or without his help.

Deshar quickly uses the opportunity to track down the guardhouse the guards came from, before the general alert could go out.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-03 at 02:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolf's group.

The onslaught continues as Tosk lashes out at the next guard, but he deflects the blow with his own weapon. The Wolf starts to circle the melee group and fires off a flurry of arrows, of which only one hits the pureblood snakes. The huge minotaur attempts to gore into the pureblood, and manages to hit into him, causing the pureblood to reel slightly. He quickly recovers though, and deftly avoids Okaan's blow to deliver a truly telling blow, causing the entire ground to shake and everyone surrounding him to stumble slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    End of the round. Tosk and Okaan misses, as do two of the purebloods. Though the pureblood currently being attacked had a lucky streak and after three nat 20, Khar takes 60 points of damage (I'm not a fan of three natural 20 being instant death, so it instead doubles the regular damage from what the crit would have been.) It does mean that Khar must make a fortitude save or die though.

--------------------------------------

Runt/Lago's group

Runt hands Sleverick a dagger as the two anthros whisper between each other. They finally nod towards each other and turn to the others. "Okay, you can run ahead. We'll need the distraction."

Spoiler
    Show
    Time to roll initiative, those who don't and haven't given a reason for not rolling... well I need an excuse to remove a few characters already.

25. - Top - End - #55

DrowGuy

Initiave: (1d20+4)[11]

Spoiler
    Show
    I've never heard of an Instant deat from crit rule, unless you are talking about a variant. Though with some of the high damage that can result it might mean death anyhow. Or was I missing something?

26. - Top - End - #56

As the lizardfolk hacks deep into his flesh, the minotaur howls in anger and roars at the lizard. Although bleeding profusely, he still bravely stands in the fray. Then, something strange happens. He takes a small step back and suddenly roars, even louder than before. Suddenly his brown fur grows longer and thicker, changing its colour into a greyer shade, his hands develop fierce claws, his already mighty teeth become even more vicious and he turns more wolf-like in his appearance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a five-footer, then turning into a hybrid werewolf lord.
    (d20+16)[21] for massive damage, 44 hp left.
    Last edited by Hannes; 2008-08-03 at 03:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Tosk

Tosk raises his sword above his head, with shadows seeming to follow the blade, obscuring Tosk's body until only the blade is visible. Then it, too, disappears, the last sight of it apparently moving towards the snake that had seriously wounded the minotaur.

Spoiler
    Show

Cloak of Deception boost to make me invisible for one round, then power attack for 10 using Emerald Razor to make it a touch attack.

Attack (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage (2d6+27)[37]
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Tosk vanishes from sight for a split second, before he reappears as he drives his sword through the wounded pureblood. The Yuan-Ti barely manages to notice the blood-dripping sword sticking out of his abdomen before he is finished off by Okaan. The last two Purebloods look at the scene with fear apparent in their eyes, with one enemy invisible, one enemy a werewolf and one just plain vicious. From behind, the wolf shouts out a harsh syllable and one of the purebloods drop to the ground, writhing in pain. This is too much for the remaining Yuan-Ti, who turns and starts to flee away as quickly as he can.

Deshar glances behind himself to see how the scene unfolds, before he turns his gaze further down the hallway. He can see that two more guards are rapidly approaching. They won't pose much of a threath on their own, but they represent a threath to his element of surprise.

Runt and Lago watch as the fighters that they saved from the cell step out to face the six guards. The two anthros whisper among themselves, before they get to work on their own plan, leaving the rest to fend for themselves, however they so choose to do so.

29. - Top - End - #59

Deshar
    Deshar keeps moving, allowing the fleeing guards to start to gain on him before raising his handcrossbow.

"Goodnight." he whispers under his breath, squeezing the trigger twice.

Thwunk!

Thwunk!

Cursing under his breath as the first one goes wide, Deshar steps from the shadows in front of the fleeing Yuan-ti, pointing the crossbow meaningfully.

"This one thinks you were better off with the wolf."

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack, firing one bolt at each Pureblood.

Attack - (1d20+12)[13] -> Nat 1, automiss.
    Damage - (1d4+2)[4]

Attack - (1d20+12)[26]
    Damage - (1d4+2)[6]

Drow Poison: DC 14 Fortitude or become unconscious. Secondary effect unconsciousness for 1d4 hours.

Will roll bolt recovery in OOC.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-08-07 at 07:23 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Okaan wipes the blood from his claws on one of the uniforms of the dead Yuan-Ti before turning to the wolf. So, where to now? I enjoyed killing the snakes, but I would find it more enjoyable if I had my equipment again.

Go Tigers!